InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Aftermath ( Chapter 45 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~
 
~<>~ Chapter 45 ~<>~ aftermath
 
Kagome reached out to the polished door handle and paused, her eyes narrowing in confusion and the need to speak her mind. Turning slowly, she looked at the older man next to her. She scrunched up her nose and tentatively broke the pregnant stillness, “Were you two in love?”
 
Ryen kept both hands firmly planted on the steering wheel while digesting the young girls question. He sighed, feigning off the playing innocent role, and let his head drift to his right shoulder to regard the girl out of the corner of his eyes, “yes.”
 
Kagome took a deep breath, and slowly exhaled. She let her hand slip from the door handle as she slowly licked her lips. Turning to face the man next to her, she tucked her knees under her butt. She wobbled a few times, trying to find the right words. After a prolonged dreary silence, she asked in a more rhetorical sense, “Are you still?”
 
Ryen groaned and pinched the bridge of his nose while closing his eyes tightly. Half-heartedly, he answered, “We're two different people, Kagome, in two different worlds. What we had when we were you age was love…what we have now? Maybe a friendship at best.”
 
Kagome sighed and rested her head against the black leather headrest of his passenger's seat. “Because of me and InuYasha?”
 
Ryen chuckled wryly and shook his head slowly, “that's what I love about you teenagers. You all seem to believe this world circles around your ever interaction. No…Kagome…me and your mother fell out of contact, it hardly has anything to do with you and InuYasha.”
 
Kagome made a face and stuck her tongue out at the demon. After another moment of uncertainty, she cautiously asked, “do you think you will ever…you know…feel that way about her again?”
 
Ryen sighed and opened his eyes to look at the teenage human on his seat. He blinked once and stated in a matter-of-fact tone, “she fell in love with my best friend. She married my best friend and had his children. I could never replace Uri and would never seek to.”
 
Kagome licked her lips and pushed the subject further, “she's happier now…you know? I've never seen her smile before the way she has over these past few days. Not since my dad died. Not since…” she lowered her eyes and ran a hand through her loose hair.
 
Ryen nodded once, helping her along with the unspoken words, “I'm happier to…being back with an old friend who I still hold so dear. Kagome, your mother means a lot to me…but she still loves a man I cannot compete with…and a man who I have no wish to compete with. I am here for her as a friend.”
 
Kagome bit her bottom lips, letting the tips of her pearly white teeth glisten in the moonlight against her crimson stained lips. “I'm no help, I know that. I push her away…I retaliate…. I don't want her to think I don't love her…but I love InuYasha as well…” her eyes darkened as she brought her hands together on her lap, twisting her fingers around each other.
 
Ryen sighed again and pushed the Shelby into park. He turned and leaned against his door and raised an eyebrow, “what happened?”
 
Kagome stared at the demon for a moment before blushing and looking to her lap. “Nothing…nothing at all.”
 
Ryen sighed deeper and snapped back, “look, girl, I can see there is something you wish to ask so just ask it already.”
 
Kagome sighed in a slight huff and looked to the dashboard. “Why is InuYasha such a jackass when he's human? Why in front of those two guys? Who are they?”
 
Ryen scratched behind his pointed ears and shifted his gaze to dance about the car, avoiding the mocha brown eyes he had a problem lying to. “InuYasha is a jackass in general. I love my nephew, don't get me wrong…but he is an asshole. Tonight, he was a drunken asshole.” He rolled his eyes and sneered, “as for those two pieces of trash he brought into the house with him tonight…lets just say…well….” He sighed and let his head hit the window behind him lightly. “They are leaches that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't pry off of him.”
 
Kagome nodded once, “I kind of noticed the air of hostility around the group back at the mansion. I take it as Sesshoumaru doesn't care for them either?”
 
Ryen's eyes widened slightly and he laughed…loudly. “I think Sesshoumaru would gladly beat the living snot out of the both of them. They are the reason InuYasha fell into drugs back in Kyushu. Before they left for California…back right as InuYasha moved in with Launia and Sesshoumaru…he met them and they got him into some trouble. Breaking and entering…theft…destruction of private property…stuff like that, and Launia thought it was best to get him away. Besides, the wench probably wanted to get him out of there before anyone realized that her husband hadn't been loyal.” He grumbled as he shifted his weight to sit more easily against the door, “When InuYasha got back from California, he found them immediately. Unfortunately, they got him into the darker parts of their sadistic world. Bankotsu had a gang formed that was notorious for drag racing, vandalizing, sexual harassment and drug trafficking. Hiten brought to the table a new meaning to the word lecher and had the money to finance their escapades. They took InuYasha in…but shortly after that Bankotsu's group broke up. Then it was just the three of them…and they got into enough trouble for nine.”
 
Kagome frowned under the news and sighed heavily, “do you think…he'll fall…again, back into that stuff?”
 
Ryen paused and looked at Kagome. In her eyes he could see so much riding on this question…so much depending on the right answer. `She's afraid she'll lose him to this…lose him to the drugs.' He coughed once and inhaled deeply, “well…truth be told, Kagome, I don't know.”
 
Tears welled immediately in her eyes as she sunk back into the seat. “I see.”
 
Ryen reached out and put his hand on Kagome's balled up fists. “Kagome…a year ago InuYasha had a burning hatred in his blood. He had just lost his friends…he had watched them die for reasons he couldn't understand. Six months ago he had nothing to live for, so he thought…he could throw his life away if he so chose to. Now…now he has you. And trust me when I say this, Kagome, that you make him the happiest I have ever seen him. His life has been dark as well; my dear, and you are the first good thing that has come his way. The baka just needs to realize this.”
 
Kagome sighed, “He promised he wouldn't do drugs and would cut back on the drinking. Don't you think…I mean…he was so fast to go to the keg and get wasted tonight, he told me that he hasn't been able to let off steam in a long time and that I had to get used to him being an ass because that is who he is.”
 
Ryen shook his head once, “no, Kagome… I….” he sighed deeply and added, “InuYasha is not always an asshole. You know this…I know this. I believe deep down he knows it as well and it scares him. When he saw that Bankotsu and Hiten haven't changed, he began to wonder if he had, and the fact that he has scares him. He isn't that immature boy who could go out and get trashed, stoned or fucked up when he wanted to…he knows he has responsibilities to you.”
 
Kagome grit her teeth together and tapped her foot against the seat, “I don't want to be an obligation to him…I want to be his lover.” Her cheeks flushed and she diverted her eyes to his CD player. 2:28 AM. `Shit, I am so dead if mom finds out…'
 
Ryen nodded and patted her hands again, “Kagome, you are. You're the world to him and right now he's trying to balance the world he has with you and the world he had with the guys without seeming like a spineless coward to them or an ass to you. He wants to run with the boys like he used to and yet still be able be with you.”
 
Kagome sighed deeply once and looked over her shoulder towards her dark house. She hardly heard herself whisper, “I won't be with a guy who does drugs.”
 
Ryen licked his lips and forced them into a straight thin line. “You would dump him if he regressed to drugs?”
 
Kagome struggled to nod her head once, her motion seemingly painstakingly hard. And indeed it was. To think of losing InuYasha to drugs tore at her already frail heart, digging a hole right through the middle of it.
 
Ryen watched Kagome slowly and asked carefully, “Does he know this?”
 
Kagome was silent for a moment, then slowly stated, “I told him once…before we….”
 
Ryen raised an eyebrow and added, “I think you may need to reiterate a few of the important facts of that.”
 
Kagome simply nodded again, her eyes burning holes into his floor.
 
Ryen coughed and shrugged off the level of discomfort and glanced behind Kagome's head towards the house. “I think its time for you to go to bed. You have school in the morning.”
 
Kagome's eyes widened as she gasped, “my god…I keep seeing how late it is but it does not register.” She reached for the doorknob and threw a glance to Ryen over her shoulder, “I don't mind if you talk with my mom more…maybe even take her out to diner.”
 
Ryen chuckled and did a short mocking bow from his seated position towards Kagome, “well, if the princess deems it okay…”
 
Kagome pulled open the door and glowered at the demon, “what is it with everyone in your family calling me princess?”
 
Ryen's grin grew into a smile, “habits die hard.”
 
Kagome made a face and held up a hand, palm out, towards Ryen, “I really don't want to know, forget I asked.”
 
Ryen nodded once, “agreed.”
 
Kagome waved at the demon before shutting his car door, “I'll see you around Ryen.”
 
Ryen gave her a bewildered stare and a dry laugh; “you think I'm driving off before I see you into that house? Get your ass inside Kagome, there are things that go bump in the night that love the taste of young girls.”
 
Kagome's face blanched as she stared at the house behind her, “it's okay, really,” she flipped her black hair over her shoulder as she glanced back around to look at him, “I'm just going to go around back and climb…”
 
Ryen grinned evilly at the girl and clicked his teeth, “I think not, Kagome. You are going into your house through your front door.”
 
Kagome lost all color to her face at that thought, “I'm what?”
 
Ryen twirled a circle with one finger and pointed towards her house, “turn around and go inside your house…through your front door.”
 
Kagome stuck out her chin, knowing that if she opened that door the entire house would wake up…it really needed some oil. “I will not.”
 
Ryen narrowed his gaze, giving her a trademark Sesshoumaru like stare, “you will or I will carry you through it.”
 
Kagome shrank back from the car and whined, “but…Ryen…she'll know.”
 
Ryen glanced back at the house and shook his head once, “I think she already knows Kagome…and if you sneak in you're not going to help that fact.”
 
Kagome looked down at her outfit and gasped. It would be a month's grounding for sneaking out…but her entire life would be done if her mother saw her outfit. She would be locked in a castle far, far away and be forced into a life of solitude and celibacy for this one. She shook her head again, “I can't.”
 
Ryen took off his seat belt and gave her a `don't make me get out' glare. “You can.”
 
Kagome backed up another foot from the car, “please…Ryen…don't make me. I won't.”
 
Ryen clicked his teeth again and pulled off his leather bomber coat, “you will.”
 
Kagome brought her arms across her body, the coldness of the night air really beginning to take a toll on her half naked stature. “I….I honestly can't. She'll look at me in a way that…she'll be so angry and disappointed.”
 
Ryen leaned over and held his coat out the window to the girl. “Take this…its not that long but should cover…” he waved his hand at her upper torso from inside the car with a scowl, “…that….”
 
Kagome stared at the coat for a moment before carefully taking it, slowly letting her fingers glide over the leather so delicately as if afraid it might break. “I…Ryen, are you sure?”
 
Ryen gave her a blank stare and Kagome wrapped the coat around her body. Ryen pointed to the front door and gave her a stern look, “now march, missy.”
 
Kagome nodded slowly, her eyes darkening as she turned and began her mile long mental journey. This was going to be a longer night then it already had been, she just knew it. Walking up to her door, she shot the man in the car a faint smile, knowing that he was just trying to do what was right for her. `Damn him…' she thought with a scowl. Opening the door slowly, she slipped in as quietly as she could before closing the door and bolting it. She sighed in relief noticing that all the lights of the house were still dark. She took two steps and froze, meeting the pair of brown eyes that were staring out at her from the kitchen. She felt her face blanch as she swallowed hard. “uhh…”
 
Mrs. Higurashi frowned and reached out with her right hand to flip on the kitchen lights. Kagome squinted under the harsh fluorescents and then leaned against the kitchen wall. Mrs. Higurashi blinked a few times, looking over her daughter's appearance. Her hair was strung about her face, looking disheveled from the night's cold wind. Her face was powered to a pale white taint and she had large amounts of black makeup around her beautiful eyes. Mrs. Higurashi looked over the overly large leather jacket that Kagome was wrapped in then down at the amount of bare legs sticking out from underneath it. She waved two fingers at the coat as if it were some vile substance that she dared not to touch. “Open.”
 
Kagome sighed loudly and closed her eyes. “Mama…please…it's late and I really just want to go to bed.”
 
Mrs. Higurashi tapped her foot on the tiled floor and repeated her words slowly, pronouncing both syllables, “open.”
 
Kagome stomped her foot in frustration as she pulled open Ryen's coat. `Oh well…was nice of him to try.' She stared at her mother then felt her cheeks flush at the malevolent glare she was getting. “Mama…it's only for Halloween…”
 
Mrs. Higurashi shook her head slowly and ran a hand over her face. “Kagome…am I really supposed to believe that?”
 
Kagome felt her jaw tip open as she coughed out, “Yes because I'm not lying!”
 
Mrs. Higurashi felt her voice raise an octave, “Kagome! You sneak out at night…you come home with the smell of alcohol all over you…your having unprotected sex without regard…I hardly know who you are anymore. How am I supposed to know that this hasn't been something you've been doing while I'm away?”
 
Kagome met her mothers raised voice, “because you should believe your daughter! I've never lied to you!”
 
Mrs. Higurashi yelled back, “Kagome, you told me that you haven't skipped class since I got back. You missed English yesterday and according to Ryen, he saw you with InuYasha at his house in the morning, which means you left school after I dropped you off! You have become irresponsible, reckless, and pretty self conceited!”
 
Kagome felt tears stinging at her eyes as she screamed back, “I'm not prefect mother! I've never been! I'm trying to deal with everything that's happened as best as I can! I'm sorry I'm not available to you beckon call twenty-four hours a day! I'm sorry that I have finally got myself a life!” she turned on her heels and began storming up the stairs.
 
Mrs. Higurashi shot to her feet and ran to the bottom of the steps, “don't you dare walk away from me, Kagome!”
 
Kagome turned on her heels and screamed down the steps, “why are you bent on ruining my life?”
 
Mrs. Higurashi walked up the steps as Kagome vanished into her room with the slam of her bedroom door. She paused outside of the wooden barrier and sighed, taking a few deep breaths to calm herself down. Tapping gently on the door, all anger fading from her voice as her daughter's sobs assailed her ears. She hesitantly called out, “Kagome…please come out here and talk to me.”
 
Kagome threw herself onto her mattress, burying her head in the pillows with muffled sobs. “Go away!”
 
Mrs. Higurashi sighed then opened the door, thankful that she had removed the locking mechanisms from the doors when Kagome was an infant. She walked to her daughter's bed and sat down on the side. Gently she stroked Kagome's back while hushing her. “I'm sorry Kagome, I didn't mean what I said.”
 
Kagome lifted her head from her pillow; black makeup streaked her cheeks mixed with salty tears. “I'm sorry mama, I shouldn't have snuck out.”
 
Mrs. Higurashi sighed then nodded briefly. “Kagome, I think we have things we need to work out between us.”
 
Kagome sniffled then sat up and turned to look at her mother. “I agree.”
 
Mrs. Higurashi patted her daughter's knee and stared sadly at her disheveled face. “Kagome, do you understand why I'm upset?”
 
Kagome swallowed and blinked once, “do you understand why I am as well?”
 
Mrs. Higurashi nodded once, and licked her lips. “Kagome…I want what is best for you, but I'm realizing that the more I push for you to understand that, the more I realize that I am pushing you away.”
 
Kagome blinked and let a frown grace her lips, “no, Mama…I love you…”
 
Mrs. Higurashi smiled and kissed her daughter's forehead, “Kagome, I love you as well. I think that is my flaw, that I love you so much that I clouded my better judgment over your well being. I was so bent on making sure that you weren't hurt or putting yourself in danger, that I was acting like my own parents.” She sighed and ran her hand through her daughter's dark tresses, “Kagome, I am hesitant to say I like InuYasha. He is a nice boy but I'll tell you this…he reminds me of Ryen.”
 
Kagome felt a small smile build on her lips, “but you were in love with Ryen.”
 
Mrs. Higurashi actually blushed at the comment then sighed happily in memory of times long past, “Kagome, you're right…I was in love with Ryen. And I argued for him every day until I was red in the face with my parents. I swore back then that I would never harass my daughter about boyfriends in her life…but I never figured that you would find one so identical to how Ryen was. He was rebellious, mysterious, and handsome…and that scares me. Every time I see the two of you together, I remember how Ryen and me were. It is honestly like looking in a mirror, twenty years ago. Yet…” she sighed and closed her eyes. Her voice filled with a sorrow that Kagome had seen in her eyes but a few times and it ripped at her heart, “I remember how much it hurt…when he left. He was just gone one day…no goodbye, no explanation…just gone. I started getting downwind of the drugs he was said to be using and places he was hanging out and I started skipping school to find him…I let everything that had been important slip from my hands to try to understand what I had done wrong. We had fought so hard…professed our love and made future plans…and then he just vanished. Kagome…I never thought the pain would go away…I never thought I would be able to love again. It nearly killed me to lose Ryen…if Inuno and Uri hadn't of been there for me…I don't know what I would have done.”
 
Mrs. Higurashi opened her eyes and tenderly took Kagome's hands in her own, “I love you so much Kagome and it breaks my heart to see what you already went through. You're so strong-minded and so open hearted…I just fear that you'll end up with the short end of the stick like I did. I don't think I could stand to see you shed more tears, Kagome.” She wiped her cheek and sighed, looking down at her daughter who was now hugging her.
 
Kagome gulped, trying to fight down her own tears and said meekly, “I know InuYasha isn't what you would consider the greatest, or the most reliable. He's rude and arrogant and a pervert at least…but I love him mom. We love each other…I would die for him!” she pulled away from her mother and looked her dead in the eyes, “he nearly gave his life for me…I think I can at least repay him for that!”
 
Mrs. Higurashi chewed on her tongue for a moment, trying to find the right words to ask her daughter. “Kagome…are you sure you're really in love with him? That it's not just lust?”
 
Kagome nodded swiftly, “I have never felt this way about anything mama…I know it's love, I know it is. I can't explain it but I just know.”
 
Mrs. Higurashi leaned back and rested against the pale pink wall and closed her eyes. “Kagome, please understand I am only trying to protect you, but I will back off. I still don't want you two sleeping in each other's beds…but you are seventeen and can make your own decisions. When you have school, you are to be home, in your own bed, sleeping alone. On weekends, providing you follow the weekday rules…” Mrs. Higurashi let out a deep sigh and forced out, against her better judgment, “he can stay over here at night. I will not bend to let you stay the night over there…where it is just the two of you. He can stay here…and come over whenever. But the door must be open!”
 
Kagome's frown split into a wide grin as she hurled herself at her mother, “mama, you're the greatest! Thank you so much!”
 
Mrs. Higurashi kissed her daughter's forehead and added swiftly, “but you are still grounded. For this week and next week for what you pulled tonight. Also, you are going to be driving your little brother to school for the rest of the week as well!”
 
Kagome's eyes widened as she squealed, “you're getting me a new car?”
 
Mrs. Higurashi nodded once, “we have the money in from your insurance claim for the Mercedes. Lets just say it is enough to buy you a decent new car.”
 
Kagome hugged her mother for all she was worthwhile chanting, “thank you, thank you, thank you!”
 
Mrs. Higurashi laughed then looked down at Kagome, “you will be only going to school and back in the new car, and trust me when I say I'll check mileage if I have to! Now, there are stipulations…”
 
Kagome felt the smile fade from her lips as she sat back, wrapping her hands around a pillow and squeezing it to her chest, “go ahead…”
 
Mrs. Higurashi held up one finger, “first, you are not to skip classes. I will take that car away from you so fast it will make your head spin if I find out that you are cutting classes to hang out with InuYasha or any other person, got it?” Kagome simply nodded. Mrs. Higurashi held up a second finger, “two is that your grades must be kept up in the honor roll points. You are not to fall below a 3.0 average or you will not see InuYasha during the week, got it?”
 
Kagome opened her mouth to protest then frowned. “This month, mama…it hasn't been easy to be at school. With the threats…”
 
Mrs. Higurashi nodded, slowly standing from the bed, “I know, Kagome and I will be more lenient for this one. After this though…” she shook her head and held up a third finger, “third and most important, I do not want to hear you and InuYasha…see you and InuYasha…or know that you and InuYasha are still partaking in those…” she coughed roughly and glared at her daughter, “games…of yours. If I think for one moment you two are having sex in my house, he will be banned from here. Understood?”
 
Kagome nodded and smiled at her mother from her position on her bed, “yes mama.”
 
Mrs. Higurashi gave her daughter a small but tired smile then walked from the room. She closed the door behind her and let out a deep sigh. She could hear Kagome sighing happily, feeling as if she won a battle. Shaking her head, Mrs. Higurashi walked down the stairs and to the front door. Cracking the white wooden entrance open, she gazed out to the 1967 Shelby that was still sitting in front of her house. She could just about feel the drivers amber eyes locking onto hers and she smiled. She mouthed the words, `thank you' before giving another smile towards the car and walking very slowly back inside. She sighed, happily, then shut the door and bolted it tightly, her heart fluttering in her chest. It had been years since she had felt this way and it made her blood burn with a euphoric feeling of longevity. She didn't need to be able to see his face to know he had been smiling…at her.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Bankotsu glanced down at the boy who was just about waking up and frowned. His gaze traveled back to the stoic Youkai who sat on the carpeted stairwell steps with a very venomous frown on his face. Bankotsu feigned a deep cough and looked at the door, “well, look at the time, I think I should be…”
 
Sesshoumaru shot the boy a glare that made him freeze in his steps. In a very primal growl, Sesshoumaru ordered, “sit.”
 
Bankotsu rolled his eyes but complied, dropping to the floor next to Hiten and InuYasha. He hated waiting…and knowing that other dog demon would be back in a minute didn't help at all. If Sesshoumaru and Onuni Ryen got to him then he and Hiten were as good as dead. Both demons hated him…both probably wanted him dead. He grimaced at the thought of how many different ways Ryen must have known how to kill someone. He had known Ryen almost as long as he had known InuYasha…and at no point had he ever connected the two. And he was a fool not to. Sesshoumaru was a spitting image of Ryen…down to just about every facial feature. And the hatred that coursed through Sesshoumaru's blood for the human must have been applicable to equivalent amounts in Ryen.
 
Not that Ryen didn't have good reason to hate Bankotsu, he had come to figure. Bankotsu sighed and ran a hand through his black bangs. `Both of the demons have good reason to want me dead. Ryen cause of all the bullshit I put him through back in Kyushu…long games of manhunt and leaving fun clues for him to find me.' he grimaced and looked to the floor. In the last year that InuYasha returned and ran with Bankotsu's crew, they wreaked so much havoc upon the town that police constantly chased them. InuYasha was a lesser-known member and therefore could attend school, but Bankotsu didn't dare ever show up for classes…it would be an arrest on sight. Instead he and the other crew ran amuck during all hours of the day. They would leave hints to their next targets at scenes of their crimes…some crimes reaching in violence that he never even told InuYasha about. Most were deviant at best, vandalism with graffiti…firecrackers in house windows…cherry bombs in garbage cans…stuff like that. Others that leveled a few notches were appearances in girl locker rooms at the public high school, harassing school officials after hours, bullying kids and drug deals. Ryen normally was the cop assigned to follow them, not that he ever understood it. When InuYasha first ran with their crew, a little over four years earlier, Ryen had always been around. Then when InuYasha left, it seemed Ryen did as well. Then suddenly he was there again, pissed with a vengeance. It made sense now, nearly. Bankotsu still wanted to know Ryen's connection to the boys. It wasn't their father from what he knew…was it? `Nah, Yash said their old man bit the bullet and that was why he was living with asshole and company.'
 
Bankotsu's eyes drifted to the stoic face of Sesshoumaru, who was oddly brooding on the step above him, glaring daggers at his brother's body. `He has definite good reason to hate me,' Bankotsu thought with a slight gulp. `If it weren't for me, InuYasha would never have gotten into drugs…and Kerensa….' He grimaced and shook his head slowly. Right after that whole incident, Bankotsu had thrown insult to injury over the whole ordeal by antagonizing Sesshoumaru over the girl. Sesshoumaru had nearly taken his head off for that. If Bankotsu hadn't been strung out that day, he would never have had the balls to say the things he did. And boy was it comment that hit below the belt. It took six security guards, Hiten, two classmates, InuYasha and a nightstick to get Sesshoumaru off of him…and the scars took weeks to heal. Needless to say, he had avoided Sesshoumaru at all costs after that.
 
A soft echo of footsteps dug Bankotsu from his brooding and his eyes traveled up the stairwell to fall upon a set of silky legs he would absolutely die to touch. The rest of the body that came into view took his breath away. She was an angel…beautiful raven hair with coal gray eyes…and such a body. He lost himself staring at the abundant amount of skin presented in front of him that he was hardly aware that he was nearly drooling…and being threatened by a suddenly very protective Youkai.
 
Rin paused on the steps and took a deep breath at the scene she saw before her. InuYasha was sprawled out on the floor unconscious with blood collected around the base of his nose that she could only guess was the result of the skin meeting skin sound that she had heard upstairs. Two men who she didn't know were sitting by him and both were staring at her with their tongues hanging out of their mouths. She blushed and rushed down the steps to curl up behind her lover, who was growling fiercely at the two boys with a murderous undertone. She sat down behind Sesshoumaru, putting herself out of the visible range of the two strangers and wrapped her arms around Sesshoumaru's waist. Placing her head against his back, she whispered, “Why are you down here and not in bed?”
 
Before Sesshoumaru could answer, Hiten offered, “Fuck, it's cause he's a stupid baka. If I were him and had a hot piece of ass like you in my bed…dear god girl you would so not be able to walk right now…”
 
Sesshoumaru shot to his feet, ripping himself out of Rin's grasp and had Hiten pressed against the wall by his neck by the speed of light. He pressed his face inches from the demons and seethed, “If you ever make another comment like that to Rin again, I will personally disembowel you.”
 
Hiten nodded frantically, his eyes never leaving Rin's body though. “Yeah, gotcha.”
 
Sesshoumaru dropped the boy and turned on his heels. Hearing Hiten stand, Sesshoumaru whirled around and punched the boy square in his jaw, only relenting when hearing the subtle crack of a thin piece of bone. He turned and stormed towards Rin, his eyes darker then she could remember seeing them. Reaching down, Sesshoumaru took Rin's hand in his and helped her to her feet. “Come.”
 
Rin pulled back and raised an eyebrow at the boy then glanced back at the two strangers she didn't know. “Who are you?” her eyes fell to Sesshoumaru's younger brother and she gasped, realizing that the boy who she knew wasn't him at all. This boy…he had black hair about the same length as Inuyasha's but that was it…he was someone completely different. Wasn't he? “Uhh…Sessh…is that InuYasha?”
 
Bankotsu stood slowly, glowering at Hiten and nonverbally warning him to keep his distance from the girl. Hell, he wasn't a demon but could just about smell Sesshoumaru's claim radiating from the younger girl. He bowed shortly and inclined his head towards the angelic girl, “My name is Bankotsu…this idiot is Hiten and yes, that is InuYasha. He's just…out of commission…right now, courtesy of his brother.”
 
Rin blinked and glanced from Sesshoumaru to the boy named Bankotsu. Sure, he was handsome but there was something beneath the depths of his aqua eyes that made her squirm in her skin…something dark and something evil. She flashed him a brief smile that didn't reach her ears as she looked at the hanyou on the floor, “why…exactly…is his hair black and my god, what is he wearing?”
 
Hiten laughed lowly and nudged the boy with his foot, “he's human tonight, night of the full moon. He's wearing those clothes because he's under the impression he thinks he's cool…which he isn't.” he waggled his eyebrows at the girl with a wide grin, “I can show you cool, if you wish…”
 
Sesshoumaru turned on his heels and growled at the boy, pointing a deadly clawed finger at him, “If you so much as come near Rin…”
 
Bankotsu glanced down as a half growl half moan bellowed out of the unconscious boy. “Yo, dumbass, wake up…”
 
Sesshoumaru shot Rin a hard stare out of the corner of his eyes and commanded in a controlled voice, “Rin…go upstairs to your room. I'll come for you.”
 
Rin raised an eyebrow and licked her lips. `Who the hell does he think he is?' she felt her jaw slack in pure shock before catching her gawk and retorted by slamming her shoulder into her lovers as she brushed past him to kneel next to InuYasha. “Are you okay, Yash?”
 
Sesshoumaru growled, his eyes flashing with a fueled anger, and took one step down the stairs to reach Rin's side. Placing a hand on her shoulder, he gave her an affectionate squeeze, yet that was it. His tone was ice cold. “Rin.”
 
Bankotsu threw his hand in a waving pattern at Sesshoumaru and cooed, “aww, Sesshiles, let her stay.”
 
Sesshoumaru pinned the boy with an angry glower before reaching down to wrap his arm under Rin's. “Now.”
 
Rin pulled herself out of his grasp and gave him a dumbfounded glare; this was just not going to fly. “Who the hell….”
 
InuYasha blinked and stared up at the body above his. A tight black tank top with protruding mounds lingered above his head inches away. He was confused…was he lying down? How had he gotten here? He returned his gaze to the body next to his. The slim top hardly concealed the flat tanned stomach next to his head and the flesh peaking out of the short gray shorts was only more of a turn on. `Wait…that's not…' he blinked and put a hand to his head, unknowingly scraping the back of his hand against the girl's bare leg. “Where…” he heard an eep and suddenly was jerked to his feet by two hands firmly wrapped around his collar, holding him inches off the floor. His eyes focused on a familiar set of glowing golden eyes…but what he didn't like was the level of anger, frustration and damned near homicidal intent swirling in the orbs. “Sessh…what is going on?” he blinked again and looked to his right only to realize it had been Rin he had been ogling. `…Oh…shit.'
 
Sesshoumaru brought InuYasha closer to his face and sneered, “That is what I want for you to tell me, baka!” glancing again over his shoulder, Sesshoumaru all but roared, “Rin…my room, now!”
 
Rin glanced from Sesshoumaru to InuYasha and then shrunk back under Sesshoumaru's bellow. A part deep inside of her was ordering her to follow his command…to obey her mate. `Mate, but we haven't even…' She knew refusing him would be testing waters but not even her own father told her what to do and it would be a cold day in hell that she would willingly submit to someone dominating her out of the bed. Her cheeks blushed at that thought, `did I really just think that?' With a deep rebellious sigh, she stuck out her chin and retorted, quoting her favorite British Comedian, “Maybe I don't want to…maybe I wanna sandwich…” she flashed the enraged demon a big smile before he could open his mouth to demand submission and darted past him and out to the kitchen.
 
Sesshoumaru watched Rin run and made a mental note to explain to her later why she shouldn't disobey him. Turning back to the task at hand, he growled at InuYasha, “If you are wise, you'll keep your snide comments in that filth ridden mouth of yours and answer my questions as precise as you can. First, how much did you drink tonight?”
 
InuYasha glowered at his brother and blinked once, his eyes sliding over the two other forms of his ex best friends. `Crap.' He blinked again and answered dully, “I don't know.”
 
Sesshoumaru growled back, “estimate.”
 
InuYasha blinked, “maybe fifteen cups…”
 
“Of?”
 
Bankotsu rolled his eyes and hollered back, “Piss. Come on, asshole, what the fuck do you think he drank fifteen cups of? Beer, Sesshiles, beer.”
 
Sesshoumaru regarded the boy out of the corner of his eye before switching his grasp to hold his brother by one hand and punched the boy on his right with his other. Satisfied only when Bankotsu wheeled around with his punch and slammed his head into the wall behind him, Sesshoumaru turned his attention back to his half brother. “You drank instead of watching your mate.”
 
InuYasha knew a rhetorical question when he heard one, especially when it came from his brother's mouth. He opened and shut his mouth a few times before widening his eyes, `Kagome.' He blinked and tried to look around the room before placing his hands on his brother's wrist. “Put me down.”
 
His brother's voice was as calm and collected as one could muster…yet his eyes told of another battle. Sesshoumaru was furious and InuYasha knew that sooner or later he was going to get the brunt end of that fury. Sesshoumaru blinked and backhanded the boy in his grasp, only then letting his body go. “Ingrate! Are you stupid?”
 
InuYasha slid a few feet back on the floor, winching as he gingerly laid two fingers on the fresh impression of his brother's fist upon his cheek. On a normal day, he would have charged Sesshoumaru…he would have attempted to kick the living crap out of Sesshoumaru…but today, he knew the error of his ways and his brother was only tearing open the already gaping wound. “Where's Kagome?”
 
Another voice joined into the conversation, echoing out coolly from the doorway. “She's safe…home in her bed where she belongs.”
 
Three heads turned to look at the demon in the door way and one growl denounced his presence. “Go away, Ryen, your services are not needed.”
 
Ryen clicked his teeth and walked into the house, titling his head to his left shoulder to assess the situation. InuYasha was crumpled against a far wall, Sesshoumaru towering over him a few feet away…Bankotsu was moving to stand between the bickering brothers, probably unaware that such an action could get him killed and Hiten was…Hiten was…. Ryen glanced about the kitchen and sighed as his eyes landed on the kitchen. Rin was leaning on the door way, her eyes pointed towards the heavens begging for salvation, and Hiten was leaning on the same door frame chatting the girls ear off, no doubt attempting to get into her pants. Ryen laughed ruefully and held up his two hands at Sesshoumaru, “my apologies, nephew…I shall take my leave then. I hope you enjoy handling one drunken fool, a stung out bastard and a Hentai Youkai who is currently trying to get down our young Rin's pants…or the lack of. I was wrong, Sesshoumaru, you have this completely under control.” Ryen grimaced when a blur of white shot by his face and he heard a very loud thud, followed by another and a short and painful groan. Ryen simply rolled his eyes and took two steps towards his younger nephew. Squatting down in front of the boy, he glared into his eyes, “are you happy?”
 
InuYasha sneered and shoved Ryen's shoulders…that did not budge. With a growl he scooted backwards and worked his way to his feet. His buzz was long gone, except for the pounding headache that begged for Kagome's gentle touch in the back of his mind. “Where's Kagome?”
 
Ryen sighed again and stood up himself, “as I already said, I saw her home.”
 
InuYasha cursed and shook his head, “I have to see her.”
 
Ryen raised an eyebrow and shook his head no. “tonight you stay here. She needs time to cool off InuYasha and I think you need a night to realize what you have you lose. You're tempting fate, boy, to hang around with these assholes.”
 
Bankotsu narrowed his eyes and growled back, “Wait a damn minute…”
 
Ryen turned and glowered at Bankotsu, “I would suggest you collect the body over in that yonder doorway and take your leave before you are incapable to do so.” He took a step closer to the slightly off put human and promised, “you are a waste of breath, you ignorant little shit, and don't think for one moment that I will not break every one of those cursed frail human bones of yours if you so much as come near either of my nephews again, got it? I will make your life a living hell!”
 
Bankotsu blinked then grimaced as Ryen raised his hand to strike him. He just about growled as Ryen gently slapped his cheek twice and hauled him to his feet. He pulled back to stare at the demon in the face and point a wobbly finger at him, “you can't threaten me…”
 
With a rather sing song voice and a deadly vindictive smile, Ryen retorted while smacking away Bankotsu's finger, “I can do the threatening if the man I am threatening is a threat to my immediate family. And henceforth my threat to that threatening man is to remove yourself from my property before I break your kneecaps. Questions?”
 
InuYasha blinked and watched the interaction between Ryen, who was now holding open the door for Bankotsu who was dragging a rather pummeled Hiten out of the house. He cringed as the door slammed shut and stabilized himself on his feet while holding onto the handrail. “What the fuck did I just miss?” he staggered to the corner to glare at the two others standing in the doorway of the kitchen. They didn't seem to be having a good conversation either.
 
Sesshoumaru had Rin cornered on the foyer wall, one hand blocking her from running right and the other holding her chin between his thumb and index finger. “Why did you not listen to me?”
 
Rin sneered back, “you were ordering me around, Sesshoumaru. I don't take kindly to being told what to do.”
 
Sesshoumaru lowered his face to be mere inches from hers, trying desperately to keep from yelling at the girl, “Rin, when I tell you to do something, it is for your own good. Those men who were just here are dangerous…they cannot be trusted! I ordered you to my room…hell, even your room…for your own safety.
 
Rin crossed her arms and rolled her eyes, “that is so not the point.”
 
Sesshoumaru closed his eyes and took a deep breath, “Rin…I was trying to protect you.”
 
Rin blinked once and softened her tone, “then do it without ordering me around.”
 
Sesshoumaru shook his head and released her chin, running one hand over his face, the remaining pieces of his patience quickly evaporating into the cracks of his stoic façade. “Rin…I will not walk on rose pedals when it comes to protecting you. When I tell you something, it is for the good of your nature to listen to me.”
 
Rin blinked and yelled, “the good of my nature? If it was, then you could say it a little nicer, like Rin, please go wait in my room! Would that be to much to ask?”
 
Sesshoumaru pulled his lips into his mouth to keep from snapping at the girl. He paced back and forth and then snapped his head towards her, anger fuming from the top of his head, “yes, Rin, it would be! I'm sorry if you see my short directions as being rude but if I were to give you the slip of emotion then my enemy would dig into it to pry me into a compromising situation. To respond to you in the role of my obedient bitch would put you in less harm then responding to you as my equal and my love. Once an enemy sees a crack in my defenses, they will stop at nothing to pry it open…which then leads you into a more dangerous situation and of that I have no toleration!”
 
Rin's head was spinning with what he had implied. “So when you get angry I have to listen to you like you're my fucking superior? Oh hell no…”
 
Ryen cleared his throat and took a step closer to the two, disregarding Sesshoumaru's warning growls, “ I think, Rin, what my nephew is trying to say is that he…”
 
Rin snapped at the older demon, “I understand just fine what he is insinuating Ryen, thank you very much.”
 
Sesshoumaru barked back, “then why fight with me over it? Do you not see that I am only trying to protect you?”
 
Rin slowly turned to stare at Sesshoumaru, “from what, tweedle Dee and tweedle dumb? Like they could hurt me?”
 
Sesshoumaru's eyes darkened as his stoic features returned with such fierceness, it nearly knocked Rin off her feat, “they could easily hurt you Rin…and they would quickly use you to get at me.”
 
InuYasha scoffed and pushed off the banister with a dull laugh, “come on, Sesshoumaru, don't give yourself so much credit. They don't give a rat's ass about you…”
 
Sesshoumaru pinned InuYasha with a hardy glower, “you think not, hanyou? Shall we reminisce how they already fucked up things?”
 
InuYasha ran a hand through his black hair and sighed, leaning up against the kitchen doorway, “look, Sesshoumaru…they only gave me the drugs. Taber and me were the ones who used them. They didn't know it would turn me…the way it did. It wasn't some conspiracy against you…it wasn't a vindictive act against you…it just happened…”
 
Sesshoumaru's eyes glazed over for only a slight moment with a true sadness before he waved it off and turned on his heels. “Rin, it is your decision whether or not you accept what I told you, but I am not going to give on this issue. I'm sorry if you do not understand but you will one day.” He closed his eyes and let out a very short sigh that only Ryen could pick up on…and sense the utter desperation in his tone. Wordlessly, the demon took leave of the room.
 
Ryen watched his nephew climb the stairs then cringed at the scream that followed next.
 
Rin just about shattered the glass when turning to InuYasha, “and you! What in the name of the seven layers of hell do you think you were doing tonight, going out and getting fucking wasted instead of watching Kagome? You know, you really could have put her in danger tonight! What if Naraku….”
 
InuYasha held out a hand and unceremoniously covered Rin's mouth with a slightly dazed look in his eyes. He was tired…he was hung over…he was hurt…and he was angry, furious even…with himself. He didn't need a shrill wench to announce that news to the world. “Rin…I know I fucked up.” he let go of her mouth and ran his hands through his hair again, sighing deeply, “I know I fucked up big time. I don't know why I did it…I guess I was so overwhelmed at the thought that I might be able to live life again like how I did before I moved here…so carefree and anti-establishment, that I gave into passion instead of reason.”
 
Ryen clicked his tongue and walked to the teen and planted himself directly in front of him, “listen to me good InuYasha, I am only saying this once. The way you lived in Kyushu was no life style. It was a death wish. You are lucky that you were not killed on any of your drug induced excursions…or by your brother for what you did to….” Ryen sighed and shook his head slowly; “you have a girl who loves you with all of her heart unconditionally waiting for you, InuYasha. But you keep toying with her heart. You will lose her, InuYasha, if you keep this up. And let me say this, losing the one that your Youkai blood chooses is a fate worse then death. You die, every day, when you wake up…only to walk around like a zombie without a purpose. Don't choose that path, InuYasha…stay away from Bankotsu and Hiten and go to Kagome.”
 
InuYasha stared into his uncle's golden orbs for a long moment before slowly nodding. “You're right…I just….” He sighed and turned to rest his forehead against the wooden wall, “I feel so fucking helpless to help her deal with the pain. I mean…he…she….” He swallowed hard and looked over his right shoulder towards Rin, who was standing closer to him with a look of understanding etched across her frail features. “Rin, how can I help her? How do I make the pain go away?”
 
Rin blinked, the words seeping deep inside of her. She had asked herself that many nights over the past six months…questions of how to make herself not feel so empty, so dead to the world. How to make the hurt of what he did to her go away. She hadn't found an answer until she ended up in Sesshoumaru's arms. Him loving her was enough of a sedative to get her through the days and heal her slightly with the rise of each sun. “Love her.” Rin didn't realize how strong the words flowed from her mouth until she found herself under the unrelenting stares of both males. She blushed slightly and gave them a warm smile, “I mean it though, love her with all of your heart. That will heal her, InuYasha, you can heal her.” she took a step closer, her eyes narrowing and a violent storm brewing in her eyes that threatened to claim him victim to its torrential wrath, “but I swear to god InuYasha, these types of escapades will only break her, and so help me god if you hurt her I'll kill you myself.”
 
Ryen only nodded with her words and smiled under her threat of death. `Yes, she fits Sesshoumaru perfectly.'
 
InuYasha gulped as he took a step away from the two that had just about boxed him in. “all…all right…I'll go to her and talk it out.”
 
Ryen placed a hand on his shoulder and shook his head no, “not tonight, InuYasha. Talk to her in school about it tomorrow. She needs her rest, as do you.”
 
InuYasha blinked at the demon then shrugged off his hand, “fuck that shit, Ryen. She needs me now…and I need her.”
 
Ryen lifted his head a little higher and raised an eyebrow, “and her mother needs a reason to maim you, and if you go to her tonight, you will give her plenty.”
 
InuYasha scowled and grabbed a coat from the closet. “Keep that trap of yours shut and I'll be back later. I don't give a damn about her mother; no one can keep me from calming down my mate. Besides...if I screwed up and hurt her...I wouldn't be able to live with myself…I can't be the reason she cries herself to sleep. I'll be back.” he turned and slammed the door behind him, venturing out into the cold dawn air. The sun would be rising in a few short hours and he had land to cover.
 
Ryen watched InuYasha walk out of the mansion and sighed, “Kauai isn't going to be happy about this.”
 
Rin grimaced and nodded in agreement, “he'll learn. I think Kagome will tear him a new one tonight, though. I mean…Kami, how irresponsible can you be? Is he always such an ass when he's human?”
 
Ryen's eyes clouded over and he shook his head no, “it is the influence of those two losers. I can only hope that they will heed my warning and return to Kyushu.” He turned and gave Rin a small smile, “I am going back to my apartment. It's late and you need your sleep as well.”
 
Rin nodded once and gave the cop a genuine smile. “Thank you, Ryen, for everything.”
Ryen returned the girl's grin for a moment before it dropped from his face and was replaced by a dubious frown. “How are you Rin? With Naraku behind bars….”
 
Rin cringed at the man's name and cut Ryen off shortly, “I'm fine…. I've been fine, and with Sesshoumaru's help, I'll continue to be fine.”
 
Ryen felt his eyes darken as he looked past the blatant veneer and grimaced at the hidden truths. He could see she was still in pain…he could see how much she was trying to lock away all of those feelings, lock away all of those memories in a closet. She was trying to push it all away and he knew what the outcome of that would be. `Make a mental note to talk to Sesshoumaru about this.' for the moment, he accepted her lie but not without frown. “As you wish, Rin. I'm here, though, if you want to talk. I have friends also…who you can talk to…who have dealt with this….”
 
Rin snapped back defensively, “I don't need a shrink Ryen, I'm fine.”
 
Ryen nodded and pulled his car keys from his back pocket, “right. See you later then, Rin. Say goodbye to Sesshoumaru for me and tell him I'll stop by later.”
 
Rin nodded and closed the door behind the departing demon. She closed her eyes after dead bolting the door and pushed her back against it. She controlled a sob that racked through her body with a few deep breaths. She had avoided, at all costs, the thought of talking about Naraku, thinking about Naraku, or remembering about Naraku. If anyone brought him up, she quickly disregarded it but not without dark thoughts seeping behind her eyes, forcing blips of memories…a rough hand or a sharp pain or more…to play through her mind with enough zeal to make her flinch. It was a topic she hated…a reason she hated the thought of returning to school. She could front a good façade in the thoughts of being okay for only so long…how would it be telling person after person that Naraku didn't phase her? Would she be able to listen to rumors of her interactions with Naraku? Would she be ready to answer questions? Journalists were still hounding Ryen and Sesshoumaru to get the story from her side and they were still being fended off. `How long until I have to face it?'
 
She sighed loudly then suddenly froze. It was as if someone turned on the air conditioning. She felt all the hairs on her arms suddenly stand on end as her body shook with two hefty shivers. It was like the old expression of someone walking on her grave…like hearing footsteps in an empty house…something was there…with her. She snapped open here eyes, expecting to see Sesshoumaru standing in front of her, scowl on his face and an argument brewing over Ryen's insinuations. Yet he wasn't. She was alone…and something about that terrified her. She swallowed hard as she moved to the stairs. `I'm just going to go upstairs to Sesshoumaru's room. Its my imagination…I'm just freaking out.'
 
Taking her first step, something to the right of her moved. Her eyes widened to the size of baseballs as she turned her head to stare off into the dark living room. The moonlight poured in thin strips into the dark room yet was still shadowed in the darkest of corners. And that is where there was something…someone…lurking. Rin backed against the wall feeling her heart beginning to hammer in her chest. She licked her dry lips only to find all moisture gone from her mouth. Inside she felt like the Sahara desert, yet on the outside she was dripping in sweat, her body in a cold chill. “Who's…. who's there?” Her voice was shaky and hardly above a whisper. `Sesshoumaru would sense it if someone was in the house…maybe…maybe it's Yash's friends…maybe they are just fucking around.' suddenly, she longed for Ryen to be standing by her side. `Maybe…maybe he's still outside…' her eyes flashed from the dark room to the door on her far right. It would take her a moment to undo the dead bolt and rip it open…and if Ryen started that monster engine of his, he wouldn't hear her. If she screamed Sesshoumaru would be there in a second. Yes, that was the best answer. She opened her mouth yet could not find a voice. `What the hell?' she tried again but only found herself chocking on her own tongue.
 
Something moved again.
 
Rin's mouth dropped open as she pushed herself against the wall. There was something in that room…she just knew it. And it was evil…pure evil. Without hesitation this time, she turned to her left and bounded up the steps, taking two at a time. `Sesshoumaru!' still incapable of intelligent speech, Rin tore through down the hallway towards her lovers room, getting the unquestionable knowledge of that whatever had been down in the living room was now on her heels. She wanted to look over her shoulder but knew better…she was inches from Sesshoumaru's door when the presence was suddenly gone. She paused but only for a split second, not daring to look behind her, and ripped the door open. She hurled herself into the bedroom and slammed the door; turning to glare at the wooden barrier, praying whatever was in the house could not open doors. Her breath was in ragged succession…her heart thundering in her chest, threatening to break itself free from her ribcage and die at her feet. She was covered head to toe in a cold sweat, as her eyes were wide and frantic. She closed her eyes and let out a sigh of relief. `Thank god…I made it.'
 
She let out a breath as she heard Sesshoumaru stir from his bed and stand to greet her. Turning around swiftly, a relieved yet terrified smile planted on her face, she smacked into a chest she knew all to well…and her breath hitched in her throat. Her eyes traveled at a snail's pace up the figures naked chest to rest on his face. Petrified gray eyes clashed against hard malevolent red pupils covered lightly by raven black bangs. And Rin screamed for all she was worth, shaking the windows of the house and waking anyone in the near by vicinity. Naraku reached out and grabbed her shoulders before she passed out.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Is it bad that after you write something you get a very wicked grin on your face? If so…eep? Sorry for the cliffy but I must string you all along by methods of persuasion. I know, I know, I'm evil and I apologize.
 
Q/A/R
 
MMORG
Penthesileia- Thank you for the kind words, its great to hear that someone considers this their favorite fic! It really is an honor!
 
Miztikal_Dragon- I could never permenantly-hurt fluffykins, I think I would die. …not that angst is any better but it always gets better! As for Kagome's mom being a communist, I'm trying to see things from a mother's perspective knowing how stubborn the boy of the angst is going to be. She knows she can't move her and is now willing to bend slightly to the whims of the situation. What else can she do? Lose her daughter? Oh well…things have to get better, right? got to say, I love your fiction, `Will You Be Mine' I suggest for all to read it, its wonderful!!
 
InuFan, Tarzan, Jelly_bean, ayngel_roz andtheultimatedarkness- thank you all so much for your reviews and kind words and continuing to follow the story!! without you guys and simple words of praise, I would be lost!
 
GothycCoalChambr - the couples will come together eventually, against all adversity, they just need to get over the road bumps…or road bodies…whatever you prefer. As for fluffy and Rin getting it on, or the lack there of…there is going to be a giant Do Not Enter sign posted soon enough…and no, that's not a good thing. Rin, as it will come to be seen, is not as she appears…and is not okay. As for Bankotsu and Hiten, I gave a big piece of information away in the last chapter as to their plans and ideas…think of Bankotsu as our now a day Iago, from Shakespeare's Othello. He's going to be a driving stake between our two lovebirds. Hiten is along for the ride and to get laid. As for Naraku…we shall see. Right now, according to Rin, he is in Sesshoumaru's bedroom. There is going to be a lot of people sticking their noses into the middle of this for all sides of the couples and the school play is not going to help. :: does an evil laugh::: how droll it would be if…how do you say…the couples of the play were not of the same mix as their significant others. oh say…Kouga getting a lead? Muhahahah…
 
Ebony_Rose- yes, teasing is so much fun. To be honest, I gave Rin and Sessh a scene to make all happy and was two clicks from publishing it…then I heard a voice…or a beta…and thought to myself, what else could happen? And then the question of Rin's stability after going for six straight months of torture played to mind and I thought, well, what would happen to a normal person….
 
Mad_Cow- writing in Miroku and Sango is a little harder because of my stretch for time to get to write. I have things that NEED to be done in the story but I will do my best, scouts honor, to throw the pervert and Sango into the mix as best as I can, much like I did at the rave.
 
Jade_pendant- thanks you for the wonderful compliment. I try my best yet still find myself at the feet of so many other wonderful authors on these web pages. I still bow to my favorite fan fiction writers as it is! but thank you, honestly, It means so much to me. I hail from the great baka state of New Jersey…that should explain a lot. LOL.
 
bscl43nli - it's not so much that he is an ass when he gets shit faced as much as he's an ass around Bankotsu and Hiten cause he feels the pressure to regress to who he used to be. and that person is an ass, as Ryen said. But yes, its about right. As for Ryen, I love him to death. He's quickly becoming a more interesting character to write in.
 
SHELLBY GT500 LOVER- this is most defiantly one car I WILL NOT destroy. I love it too much to do that to anyone! I cried, honestly, in the fast and the furious when Vin destroyed his. As for writing one, go for it…just save it under weird names and bury it. why not? But no, don't worry…the car will remain fine. I don't plan on messing up any more cars…as of now. and the car that Sesshoumaru shall be getting stays in the same category as untouchable.
 
AFF.NET
XxxDarkSlayerxxX- not quite their father but close enough to it to count for it! good guess though, he's close enough.
Unseen Jade Eyed wolf- I'm happy to hear that you don't find this to get old. I've read some fics, since that is all I seem to do now (I really need to stop neglecting my homework) that you read and read and you're like, wait, didn't I just read that? it means a lot that you don't see this doing that. It's gonna get rocky though, so hold on!
 
Lania-Ri- I tried and tried to get you the links for the hentai parts but I couldn't' get your email address. If you haven't' found them yet, email me and I'll send you a forwarded email that I use to send out with the links on it! thank you for the great vote of confidence under the characterizations of my persons.
 
Katroom- I'm not sure if I got to email you the unedited parts. Normally those who ask I get it out right away if I have access to an email. If I didn't, I'm really sorry and if you can email me and are still interested in reading the edited version, I'll send you the links! Thanks for the review!!!
 
Toya's Gurl- I'm sorry I made you cry, thought It pleases me to know that the writing invoked that emotion. I'm honestly sorry! as for Naraku being skinned alive and cooked over an open fire…not yet. I emphasize the word yet. He's still gonna be causing a ruckus for a while. But yes, you were right…there was something in his cigarettes…and his head. Cause we all know, he's a BAKA!!! Don't worry about saying update, its fine. I just get them out as fast as I can. Yes, Ryen is going to make this loads of fun. He's more there to handle Bankotsu and Hiten and Naraku. He's kind of the clean up gofer man. I love Ryen though, honestly.
Dark princess 893 and Warriorantehm- again, as I wrote above, ff.net has a habit of cutting out important details of posts, like the ending part of emails. I'm not sure if I figured out your email or not, if so I probably sent the links to you, if not, I'm really sorry and if you can email me I'll get you a list.
 
Shadowstalker2008- wow, I can't imagine reading all of this in one day. I've done that a few times, reading a lot of chapters, and it takes me forever and then when I figure out its not done, I get rather angry. I sorry if that was the case! I will defiantly consider you an avid reader though with all the thanks I can give you!!
 
Gothicgirl567- it's not so much that Rin's a bitch as she is clingy. …okay, so yeah, she is a bitch but still. LOL. As for her being mean to Yash, it's really only when he deserves it. she's very protective over her friends for after what she went through and is only trying to see what's best. But yes, she has a mean streak running through her. but then again, anyone with Fluffykins needs that to put up with him and his baka brother. How will Inu get over the fact that Sessh tried to kill him? Well…that's kind of a common occurrence between the boys…and it heals in time. no matter how much they fight, they really do care for each other in the end.
 
Lost Scorpion girl, Mulford, Hellkeeper, Neko dragon, Kitty may, bluemonkeys, johns-in-makeup, andsailor moon eternity- thank you all so much for your kind words and praise over the story. reviews really light the proverbial fire under my ass to get these updates out to you guys, no matter how slow I may be at it, though, they always inspire. Thank you all so much!!!
 
And to all my readers who don't review: thank you so much for sticking with the story and I hope you're not disappointed!!!!