InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Losing Reality ( Chapter 46 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~
 
 
~<>~ Chapter 46 ~<>~ losing reality
 
 
Rin heard her name being called as spots began to explode like fireworks on a moonless night in front of her eyes. She tried to remember what had happened as she felt her body shifting horizontally. Horizontally? But where was she…and why was she being carried? She felt what seemed like a claw to gently graze her inner thigh and her eyes snapped open with alarming speed as her memories burned images into her consciousness. Running…something chasing her…Sesshoumaru's room…Naraku. She began to thrash her body back and forth, trying to loosen the demon's grip on her. Not daring to look up, her eyes fastened onto the reality in front of her…Naraku was carrying her towards Sesshoumaru's bed with alarming speed. Her breath caught in her throat as she suddenly felt like she was drowning. `Where's Sesshoumaru…if we're in his room…NO! No…' she began thrashing once more, finding her arms pinned to her side and opened her mouth. In an ear-piercing screech, she hollered, “Where is Sesshoumaru? What did you do? No…put me down,” tears began to stream down her cheeks but she didn't care. If Sesshoumaru were hurt…or worse…she would die. She would follow him in death, that wasn't a question. `How the hell did he get in? What is he going to do? Where is Sesshoumaru? God, please let him be okay…please…' “What the hell did you do, bastard?”
 
Rin felt herself being lowered to a bed followed by a weight right next to her. She could hear words but they didn't make sense…he might as well have been speaking in Latin. She threw her body to her right only to be caught by a powerful but gentle grasp and pulled back to lie on her back. `No…not again, god please not again!' Her eyes were still adjusting to the dim florescent glow but she was able to discern objects slightly better. Silver…there was streaks of silver above her. `Wait…' she slowly began to calm down, though the river of tears did not cease nor did her erratic breathing that was hammering at her chest. A hand gently caressed her cheek and she felt something inside of her break. `That's not…but…I saw…' she sniffed once and blinked again, her ears catching some muffled words.
 
The voice above her called out in an almost frantic yet smoothing way, “Rin…Rin calm down…Rin, what's wrong? Rin…”
 
Rin blinked again and slowly was able to lock her eyes onto two bright golden orbs staring down at her in complete alarm. “Sesshoumaru.” She wasn't sure whether to cry or scream. Lifting herself up from the bed, she all but threw herself into her lover's arms. “But…I…god…Sesshoumaru…. Sessh….”
 
Sesshoumaru stared at the girl in his arms in complete confusion, though held her as close as he could. After a moment, he laid his lips on her forehead and closed his eyes. Muttering against her flesh, he asked, “Rin…what happened?”
 
 
Rin blinked and pulled back, suddenly feeling very cold. He was here…she had seen him, hadn't she? She swallowed as hard as she could, her throat burning from her hot tears and sniffled again, “I…I thought…”
 
Sesshoumaru put a finger under her chin and lifted her chin to look up at him. Words couldn't convey the horror in his eyes. He was scared…for the first time in a long time he was terrified as to what had just happened. He had been waiting for Rin in his room…he was going to make sure she understood why she should listen to him…and he planed it to be a rather pleasurable lesson for the girl when she burst into the room as if the devil himself was at her heels. Why he hadn't sensed her fear he was not sure, but he nearly gagged at the amount rolling off of her. He was out of his bed in a second and had gently reached out to her. As she turned, his heart skipped a beat. She looked at him as if he were the darkest creature of her nightmares…as if he had killed her best friend…as if he were Naraku. Then she screamed…she screamed so loud he was sure that his ears were still bleeding. Now…the tears…and the looks…. Sesshoumaru gulped again and ran the pad of his thumb gently across her cheek, riding a falling tear from her face. “Baby…what did you see?” Rin shook her head no and flung herself flush against his chest and began to sob. Instinctively Sesshoumaru locked his arms around the girl he had sworn to protect and watched utterly helpless as she cried her heart out.
 
Rin buried her face in his chest as the sobs overwhelmed her body. It only took a moment for her to find herself unable to breathe, her chest burning with the need to relax. She took two deep breaths, one wasted on chocking on the rush of air that filled her lungs. Coughing she threw her head back and brought her hands to her cheeks. She felt Sesshoumaru begin rubbing circles on her breath evenly ordering her to relax and try to take a moment to calm down. That only upset her more. He didn't know…what would he do if she said that she thought he had been Naraku? Why…why did she see that? Why him…why now? Tears began to wrack her body again as she felt her body seize up, all of her muscles tensing at the same time. She felt like she was on fire and yet ice cold. Her eyes widened as she found herself unable to breath. Her chest heaved with the need to breathe as her fingers curled into tight fists. She felt as if she was dying…melting right out of her skin.
 
Sesshoumaru watched the girl in his arms dive head first into a panic attack. He jumped to his feet, his eyes wild with fear as he laid her back against the bed, propping her head up on three pillows and grabbed her hand in his. “Rin…listen to my voice…come on baby…relax, please for the Kami's sake, just take small breaths.” Her body shook again and he let short painful breath. `What the hell is going on?' Sesshoumaru hardly realized until he felt a warm substance oozing through the fingers of his free hand that he had dug his nails into his palm. He was so busy trying to calm her down he had pushed his own fear into the back of his mind. He lowered his head to Rin and kissed her cheek gently. “Rin…please baby…it's me, I swear it, just calm down…”
 
Rin took her a breath for the first time in almost a minute and a half. She chocked again on it but this time it was easier. Her body was beginning to relax as she listened to boyfriend's voice. She was trying so hard to block out any other thoughts…she could just about smell his tears. Wait…was that possible? In her state of being, she realized how hyper sensitive she was. Everything in her body tingled…she felt as if she had just been pulled out of the ocean after being knocked over by a wave…she felt as if she had nearly drown. She took a deep breath and blinked, suddenly feeling overly exhausted. Her eyes met Sesshoumaru's and she gasped…he had tears welled in his eyes and was staring at her in trepidation. She felt her hand in his and gave him a quick reassuring squeeze, which was about all she could do.
 
Sesshoumaru sighed in relief as he felt her hand tighten around his. He blinked away the tears he had in his eyes and nuzzled her chin with his nose, thanking whatever gods there were for the safety of his mate. It took him a moment to be able to formulate words, “Rin…”
 
Rin licked her lips and turned her head to look at him, her eyes filled with unshed tears, “Sesshoumaru…I thought…I thought you were…I saw….” She closed her eyes for a moment, remembering to breath. She was not about to have another fit. After a moment, she met his gaze, “I saw Naraku when I walked through that door.” as if the words had bit her, she recoiled and the tears that had stayed so well in her eyes tumbled down her cheeks, “why did I see him? Sesshoumaru…why…what is going on?”
 
Sesshoumaru kissed her hand in his then her left cheek before placing his forehead against her cheek. “I…I don't know. He's not here Rin; he's gone…he's gone for good. He won't hurt you anymore baby, I promise…”
 
Rin grimaced as she moved her body slowly across the bed to make room for her lover to lie next to her. “Please…”
 
Sesshoumaru stared at the girl for a moment before complying with her request. He laid down carefully, on his left side, to stare at the girl next to him. “Rin…I love you baby…you're okay…”
 
Rin nodded and moved closer to Sesshoumaru. Placing her head on his chest, she pulled her body as close to him as she could be without lying on top of him. If Sesshoumaru hadn't been a demon, he would never have heard her whisper, “why can't I escape him?”
 
Sesshoumaru kissed her forehead and ran his fingers through her brown hair, pushing some out of her angelic face and behind her ear. “I don't know Rin…but I can promise you he was not here. You…you flew into the room then ran into me and screamed.”
 
Rin nodded and rested her ear against his chest, finding solace in the steady beating of his heart. “I didn't see…” she swallowed hard and closed her eyes, “why?”
 
Sesshoumaru shook his head to silence her but his eyes told a different story…he was worried but he wouldn't voice that to Rin yet. `She's seeing her attacker…she's…she needs to talk to someone. She's seeing things…she believed that he was here…is that fear taking over her?' he wasn't sure what to think though he knew, silently promising Rin with a kiss on her forehead, that he was going to find out what he could do to help her. `Maybe…she isn't over what he did to her. Maybe…just maybe…she does need to talk to a psychologist. He…for six months that bastard raped her…. to deal with that for so long, of course its going to have lasting effects.' He looked down at the girl who was deep in silent thought, her gray eyes holding as much internal conflict as his, and he scowled. `It is a good thing that we have not mated…would she be able to handle being intimate again? Would it only damage her?' he kissed the top of her head and cooed, “try to get some sleep Rin, it's late.”
 
Rin nodded though no words left her mouth…she couldn't speak. `I…why…why am I seeing him? I love Sesshoumaru; he would never hurt me…so why am I seeing Naraku in his shoes? Am I losing it?' she closed her eyes holding back the ensuing tears. `I will not cry…'
 
Sesshoumaru felt her body tense and began slowly stroking her back and spoke the words she needed to hear. “Let it out Rin…it can't be healthy for you to hold so much pain inside of you.”
 
That was what she needed to hear. Tears came in dangerous amounts as the girl sobbed into the demon's chest…for her lost innocence, for her lost family…for everything that had been taken from her by that bastard. The river didn't stop flowing until the sun shined through their window.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
 
InuYasha perched himself on the tree branch outside of Kagome's window and leaned out as carefully as he could. `Why, of all fucking nights, do I need to be human now? This would be so much easier if I couldn't break my neck!' he grimaced and waved his arms as his weight teetered on the branch. His purple eyes wide with unspoken panic, he took a deep breath then rapped his knuckles gently against the glass. Sure, it was three thirty in the damn morning, but she would be up, wouldn't she? She was probably reamed out by her mom, which would leave her upset, and on top of that, she was probably furious with him. `Baka,' a voice called out in his head that sounded like that bastard brother of his, `you'll be lucky if she doesn't push you out of this tree!' he stifled a sigh and leaned forward again. Resting his palms against the cool window, he prayed that she left it unlocked. He grinned evilly as the wood slid up the metal track, `success!' grabbing the wood, he pulled his weight onto the frame then all but fell into her room. Jumping up, InuYasha glanced around the room and waited to hear if anyone would come running. His eyes flashed to his princess who was in a peaceful slumber on her bed. `Whoa, that was close.' He shut the window and slowly made his way to her bed. Kneeling down in front of it, he studied his lover's face. `God she's beautiful. Why does she even give me the time of day?' if his ears had been present this night, they would have been resting against his head in shame. `A filthy hanyou like me…why would she want me?' somewhere deep in his mind, a voice was screaming that Bankotsu was right…that he wasn't trustworthy to Kagome, and would only use her as he had all the ones before her. His eyes darkened in resolve as he stuck out his chin a little further. `No…not Kagome…not like that. I love her…I love her too much to hurt her like that. She's different…so different.'
 
Kagome rolled onto her back in her sleep, shifting with a slight smile on her face. “InuYasha…”
 
Inuyasha's face brightened as he heard his name slip from her lips. `Kamis, she's dreaming of me?' he leaned forward and brushed some hair from her face, staring nearly longingly at her face. `God I love her so much.' The truth from the night hit him like a lead brick as he felt the smile slide from his lips. `Sesshoumaru and Ryen are right…if I even think of going back to that past life, I'll lose her. I can't lose her.'
 
Kagome smiled again and yawned, “InuYasha…sit.”
 
Inuyasha's face fell as she stared at her dumbfounded, his jaw slack in response. After a stunned moment, he chuckled. “So, your dog now, am I?”
 
He hadn't meant for her to hear him but apparently she did. Her eyes popped open and slowly she turned to look at him. Her eyes met his and for a moment she didn't react. Reality set in a moment later, InuYasha watched it filter across her face. Her eyes widened and she jumped out from under her covers to brace her back against the wall. She opened her mouth to scream but didn't get a chance.
 
InuYasha watched as she jumped up and realized she didn't recognize him. `I just woke her up, no wonder…crap.' He jumped onto her bed and slammed a hand over her mouth. “Kagome…shush…it's me baby…remember…human?”
 
Kagome swallowed hard, her eyes widening then narrowing in .03 seconds. Fury replaced surprise as she slapped away his hand. “Jerk, what are you doing here?”
 
InuYasha scowled and crossed his arms, sitting back on her bed. “Keh, I came…” he let his arm drop and gave her a sad smile, “to say I'm sorry…”
 
Kagome stood up on her bed and walked off of it. Getting as far away from him as she could be, she turned her back on the half demon. “Is that it? Tell me, InuYasha, what are you sorry for? Ditching me at a party that you said was dangerous to get drunk…getting drunk with some assholes…not standing up for me? Tell me, InuYasha, cause I really want to know. What are you sorry for?”
 
InuYasha sighed deeply, expecting such a reaction from Kagome and held out a hand, slowly standing from the bed, “Kagome…yes…I'm sorry for all of that. I'm sorry for letting you down…I'm sorry for putting you in harms way…” he grimaced as the words left his mouth. `I really did, didn't I? If Naraku had been there…or any other guy…I would never have known…I wouldn't have been able to protect her.'
 
Kagome crossed her arms across her tee shirt and looked over her right shoulder, avoiding his gaze. “Is that it?”
 
InuYasha could sense the anger rolling off of her…boy was she livid. He grit his teeth and looked to the floor, “I'm really sorry baby…I didn't….”
 
Kagome finished his line of thought, “…think, yeah, there's a shocker. Nothing-new there, InuYasha. I'm really beginning to wonder if you know how to use your brain.”
 
`Ouch…that hurt.' InuYasha wanted to snap back but he knew he deserved that one. He managed to roughly call back, “you're right…I didn't think. I'm sorry baby, I really am. Seeing Bankotsu and Hiten…it was like old times…and I…”
 
Kagome turned to look at him at that one, her body seething. “You what? Forgot about me?”
 
InuYasha chose to keep his mouth shut on that, letting her draw her own conclusions. “I…”
 
Kagome held up a hand and looked to the floor, controlling the angry tears that were threatening to fill her eyes, “don't…don't you dare say you love me. If that were true, InuYasha, you wouldn't do what you did tonight.”
 
InuYasha felt as if she had ripped his heart from his chest and stuck it in a blender. He clenched his jaw so tight he heard something pop.
 
Kagome sniffed after a moment of silence and rubbed her nose. Her words were hardly above a dull, defeated whisper, “you should go…”
 
Inuyasha's head snapped up to look at Kagome. `She can't give up…no…I won't lose her…no!' he took two strides across the room and grabbed her chin in his hand. Lifting her face to meet his, he stared into her eyes and cringed. There was so much anger and near hatred circling in the depths of her soul, he wasn't sure if she would ever look at him the same again. And that shattered his heart. “Kagome…please…god baby, please don't hate me. I fucked up…I fucked up big time. But I love you, baby…I love you so much…I didn't mean to….” tears slid down his face as he fell to his knees, wrapping his arms around her knees. He would beg…grovel...he would let her drag him…but he was not leaving the room without a fight.
 
Kagome stared down at the hanyou on her legs and let out a deep sigh that was rigid with a harsh sob. “InuYasha…why?”
 
InuYasha looked up at her and felt his heart throb in his chest. She was crying…again…because of him. Because of the fuck up he was. `Maybe…maybe she is better without me?' He blinked and slowly stood, his eyes filled with a world of hurt. “Tell me to go away…”
 
Kagome crossed her arms over her chest as she hiccupped with another sob, “I…. you…” she grimaced as the words wouldn't leave her mouth…she didn't want him to go away…she wanted answers. Why was she dispensable when those assholes showed up? Why did they mean more to him then her safety? Was it he being a human? No…she knew it was the man she loved, and that hurt worse. Had it been his human side being a pompous ass…he wouldn't be here before her. No…it had been her worst fear…it had been her lover that had forsaken her. But no matter how mad she may be…no matter how the fury coursed through her veins…she could not send him away. `Damn him…damn my heart for loving him…' she sniffled again and looked to her right again, unable to meet his gaze.
 
InuYasha reached and gently laid a hand on her shoulder, his eyes pleading on a level she could hardly comprehend. “Kagome…just send me away and I won't…. I can't…” he swallowed hard and reached out a hand towards her cheek. “Please, baby…just tell me you hate me…”
 
Kagome dropped her arms and gave him a sad stare, “InuYasha…I don't hate you…”
 
InuYasha reached out and pulled the girl into his chest and let out a low sob. “Kagome…I'm sorry…baby…I'm so sorry…”
 
Kagome nodded into his shoulder, wrapping her arms around his body. “I love you InuYasha….” She pulled back and socked him in the shoulder, “but why do you have to be such an asshole?”
 
InuYasha laughed ruefully and rubbed the sudden sore spot. “I'm sorry Kagome…I…I shouldn't have…I fucked up, yet again.”
 
Kagome nodded and pulled herself out of his arms all together and walked to her bed. Sitting Indian style on the bed, she stared at her lover through the darkness that shrouded the room. “Why did you need to get drunk again?”
 
InuYasha sat down next to Kagome tentatively and gave her a solemn stare. “Kagome…this is the first time in a long time that I have been decently sober on my human night. Honestly, a year ago, I would take three hits of acid and trip for a day and a half…six months ago I did so many drugs that I was fucked up for a week….” He looked down and closed his eyes, “I…tonight, being with Bankotsu and Hiten again, I lost myself to the crowd. I fell back to the shit the three of us used to do.” he looked up at Kagome and took a deep breath, “Kagome, you know I used to do drugs…you know I used to do some nasty stuff.”
 
Kagome nodded and moved a little closer to him, “but you haven't…for a while…right?”
 
InuYasha nodded quickly, his eyes falling to the wall behind Kagome, “not since Kerensa…” he grimaced and brought one hand up to brush through his black hair, “Kagome…I want to change…I have changed…I realize that now. I'm not like them…not anymore….”
 
Kagome nodded and took his hand that he was holding against his bangs in hers and brought it to her cheek. “That's not a bad thing, InuYasha.”
 
InuYasha nodded once and then let his fingers graze her cheek with admiration glistening in his purple eyes. “I know, princess, I know.”
 
Kagome gave him a small smile and leaned closer to kiss his cheek. “InuYasha, I forgive you…”
 
InuYasha frowned and turned to meet her, brushing his lips against hers. He moaned under the touch and kissed her lightly before pulling back, tracing his lips unconsciously with his tongue to flavor her taste. `A taste I almost lost because I'm an asshole…' he ran a finger down her nose and blinked, “are you sure Kagome? You can yell at me, you know…”
 
Kagome laughed and blushed slightly, “I was going to, tomorrow, but I can't tonight. Mom promised me a new car if we behaved.”
 
InuYasha raised an eyebrow with a surprised look on his face, “really? I'm shocked.”
 
Kagome nodded and yawned, her sudden sleep deprivation setting in. “I'll tell you more tomorrow. But you can't be here tonight…”
 
InuYasha leaned forward and put his hand over hers, “before you kick me out…I need to know if you really forgive me….”
 
Kagome relaxed and ran a hand over her eyes, “I do…but InuYasha…if we ever have to have this talk again…” she looked up and stared him dead in the eyes, “we won't…I won't…this won't happen again, because if you step out of line mister…” tears swelled in her eyes and she looked down, but not before muttering, “then we're done.”
 
InuYasha cringed as he felt as if he had a needle stabbed through him. He stared at her for a moment before nodding. “It won't…I won't fuck up again, Kagome, I swear.”
 
Kagome smiled and yawned, “good…”
 
InuYasha pulled himself to his knees and crawled a few inches towards the girl, gently pushing her back to her bed by her shoulders. He straddled his knees over her waist and lowered his lips to greet hers. “I'm sorry,” he kissed her lips very softly before pulling back, “and I love you.” he leaned down and kissed her again, this time with a deeper passion and more force, letting his tongue slip into her mouth when she moaned. He placed one hand on her cheek and stroked her skin.
 
After a breathtaking moment, Kagome pulled back into the bed and gave the gorgeous god above her a small pout, “not tonight, Yash…it's to late.”
 
InuYasha nodded in agreement and kissed her again, this time lightly and tenderly. He wasn't aiming for anything more, anyway, no matter how good she tasted…or looked…. He grimaced and rolled off of her before she felt his growing problem. He sighed deeply and made a mental note to take a cold shower when he got home. He wrapped one arm under Kagome's shoulders and pulled her into his chest. “Get some sleep baby…”
 
Kagome giggled and kissed his pulse before meeting his gaze, “I don't think it's a good idea for you to stay. You really can't be here in the morning…”
 
InuYasha nodded before resting his hand on her head and pushing her back to his chest. “I know, baby, I know. I'll be gone when you wake up, don't worry…I just want to make sure you get to sleep.”
 
Kagome yawned and meant to argue but sleep got the better of her and before she knew it, she was out cold.
 
InuYasha watched Kagome fall asleep in mere seconds on his chest and he closed his eyes. `How did I get so lucky? Why…why she puts up with me, I'll never know. I love her…with all my heart…now if only I can get myself to stop being an ass, life would be good.' InuYasha sighed again, completely unaware of the lurking spirit, that soon pulled him off to dreamland as quickly as it had his mate.
 
~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~
 
Sango opened the door to her apartment and stuck her head in. listening for any music blaring; she grimaced when silence greeted her. She rolled her eyes then walked into the empty room and pulled Miroku in by his sash and closed the door. With a weary smile, she yawned, “I guess Kohaku is staying to Ryo's tonight.”
 
Miroku grinned down at the girl in front of him and untied the purple sash of the robe slowly. Sarcasm rolled off his voice as he looped the sash around Sango's stomach, turning her to face him and pulling her flush against his body. “Damn…that's just to bad he's not here.” He dipped his head down and kissed Sango gently, letting his lips glide over hers.
 
Sango gasped as Miroku teased her mouth with his tongue. Pulling back, she shot the monk a tired grin, “Not tonight, Romeo…I'm beat.”
 
Miroku grinned a rather hentai grin and brought his mouth to her ear, “I can change that…”
 
Sango laughed then moaned as his mouth latched onto the cartilage of her ear. With a rather whiny voice, she demanded, “come on Miroku…stop fucking around…”
 
Miroku grinned wider as his fingers danced down her collarbone and then between the valley of her breasts. “Sango, my sweet Sango, I have yet to begin fucking around…”
 
Sango laughed loudly and pulled away from Miroku, not fully realizing she was still being held captive by his sash, “not tonight, Houshi.” She met the barrier and froze, her eyes digging into his in a mix of annoyance and lust. “Houshi….”
 
Miroku smirked and pulled on the robe to pull Sango closer to him, “come on, someone should make good of this evening.”
 
Sango flicked the boy's nose and ducked under the sash that was situated on her ass. Walking to the kitchen, she pulled a bottle of water out of her refridge. “Miroku…”
 
Miroku frowned and dropped the sash onto the couch before sitting on the armrest of it. “As you wish, my beautiful goddess.”
 
Sango laughed again and called out, “now you're getting somewhere.”
 
Miroku raised an eyebrow but kept his mouth shut. He followed Sango down towards her room and paused at Kohaku's door. He grimaced as he looked over the artworks he had done himself of some manga comics and some original art works that were magnificent in design. “You're brother is really talented, you know that?”
 
Sango pulled the sweatshirt over her head and glanced out of her open door to where Miroku stood and frowned, “yeah, I know.” Miroku didn't need to see the sorrow in her eyes; it was evident in her tone. She walked back into her room and paused in front of the mirror. Calling back into the hallway, she continued, “he hasn't been the same since mom and dad died. After getting kicked out of school, he kind of just withdrew from everything. He draws every so often but nothing like what he used to. He could have gone somewhere with it, you know? Never had a lesson in his life but…his detail to every feature and the way he can shade a drawing just right…it's amazing.”
 
Two arms wrapped around her waist and she leaned her naked back into Miroku's chest. Miroku looked down at Sango and let his fingers slowly trace her shoulder blades and down over her collarbone. “You're beautiful, you know that, right?”
 
Sango blushed and turned around to press her chest again Miroku, burying her head in his shoulder, “I want to help Kohaku, you know?”
 
Miroku rubbed Sango's back slowly, letting his cheek rest in a nest of her dark hair. “I know, Sango, I know. But he needs to want the help.”
 
Sango sighed and swallowed hard, “maybe…maybe we can convince him to come back to school. Maybe Souta can talk to him…”
 
Miroku nodded once and hushed her, “Sango, you can lead a horse to water…”
 
Sango stifled a small sob and pulled away from Miroku. “I know. I know. But I need to do something. Every day I see him and I just see him going…nowhere. And it hurts…he's so talented. He used to be so happy…I just want to see him smile again.”
 
Miroku kissed Sango's forehead before turning to her dresser. He pulled out a tee shirt and handed it to the girl before pulling out a pair of sweats for her. He turned and watched as Sango covered herself up then took off her bra under the shirt. He couldn't help the smile that built on his lips, “it's nothing I haven't seen, Sango…”
 
Sango looked over her shoulder and gave him a warm smile, “I know…I just don't to encourage you.”
 
Miroku put a hand to his chest and put on a rather decent pout. “Why Sango, I'm hurt at your insinuation. Do you really think that I would…?” he turned his face to the girl with a grin and faked a sniff, “I'm deeply wounded.”
 
Sango laughed and walked to her bed before taking off her socks. Throwing one at the Houshi, she climbed into her queen-sized bed. “Are you coming to bed or just stand there like a statue?”
 
Miroku grinned and stripped off his robe to be standing in only a pair of boxers. He quickly got under the covers with the girl and wrapped his arms around her. “Sango, my love…”
 
Sango grimaced and smacked the boy's shoulder as she felt a hand graze across her ass. “Hentia, go to sleep!”
 
Miroku sighed loudly and then kissed her forehead, “anything for you, my butterfly…anything for you.”
 
Sango cocked an eyebrow and looked past his head, “anything huh? Then could you turn out the light?”
 
Miroku grinned and clapped his hands twice. Nothing happened.
Sango sighed loudly and grabbed the boys ear playfully, “do we have to go over this every night? That doesn't work because I don't have it!”
 
Miroku pulled his head away and rubbed his abused ear before getting slowly out of bed, muttering about being cold and late nights. By time he got back to bed, Sango was asleep. He shook his head and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her back against his chest. “Goodnight, my love.”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~**~~**~*
 
 
I know its short but I figured I should get the cliffy out of the way before the weekend, cause I probably won't get a chance to write more until Saturday or so…. So, yeah, hope this satisfies some questions. A common question I'm seeing in all reviews is `is Rin going crazy', well…let me put this on the table…would you be?