InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Interventions ( Chapter 48 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~
 
 
~<>~ Chapter 48 ~<>~ interventions
 
 
Rin stared at Kagome silently while she buttoned her denim jeans, her lips pressed tightly together while she went through the motions of making sure she was ready for their next class. Sango mimicked her actions, yet her eyes were wider and slightly angrier. Both girls had arrived back to the track to find a rather peeved wolf demon beating the crap out of the first of the two thugs, pummeling him through the track mercilessly. They both also freaked out when they realized that Kagome was nowhere in sight. It took a lot of threatening to have Kouga mumble that InuYasha had whisked her away and was overly confident that the “mutt was defiling his woman in the stairwell.” Of course that information was not shared with Kaede when she had the school security officers detain the trespassers to await a police escort. They had attempted to use the stairwell on the far side of the track that led to the girl's locker room but were foiled on two accounts; one was that the door was locked from the top, and the second was the noises coming from behind the wooden door. They quickly adverted their course with the ingrained knowledge that Kouga was right. And now…the entire junior class body knew that Kouga was right as well. This was not good for Kagome.
 
Rin licked her lips and grinned maliciously as Kagome rushed into a bathroom stall to change. She hiked her backpack up over her shoulders and wandered with Sango in tote to stand outside of the bathroom doors. Tapping on the door that she knew Kagome was in, she called out in a rather shrill tone, “why, Kagome…are you okay? Whatever are you doing in there?”
 
A rather peeved voice snapped back, “What do you do in a bathroom Rin?” that was followed by a rather taunt scoff, “just go on to class.”
 
Sango pushed Rin's shoulders, moving her away from the door and she pounded twice on it, “get out here right now, Kagome!”
 
Kagome sighed loudly and growled back, “Can you please give me some privacy? I'm using the facilities, is that okay?”
 
Rin clicked her tongue against the roof of her mouth. “Just like you used the gym stairwell facilities?”
 
Kagome flushed the toilet and slammed open the doors, successfully changed into her gym clothes. She rolled her eyes at the blatant stares of her two best friends and walked to the sink, trying to hold her chin high. She swallowed hard while washing her hands, “look…I…we….” She sighed and dropped her head to her chest as her eyes filled with tears, “that wasn't meant for everyone to hear…I didn't think that….”
 
Sango grabbed Kagome by her book bag and pulled her away from the sinks, slamming her into the far wall. “That seems to be a problem lately with you, Kagome. You're not thinking.” She snapped her head back to look over her left shoulder at three girls who had gathered in the doorway, giggling at the sight like a bunch of airheads. Sango growled at them yet was beat to the punch line by Rin, who snapped, “What the hell are you laughing at?”
 
The girls scattered like dust in the wind under the intense glowers, fleeing for their lives from the vindictive sides of the rogue perfects.
 
Kagome took the spare moment to shrug off Sango's hand and brush herself off. With a set scowl, she pushed past her friend and glanced in the mirror, “I don't know what you're talking about…”
 
Sango turned and frowned with a rather sad glint to her eyes. She took two steps and placed herself next to Kagome and gently put a hand on her shoulder, “Kagome…” glancing nervously at Rin, who merely nodded, Sango treaded carefully onto thin ice, “look…you've changed…and I'm not saying its for the worst, because its not! I love you like a sister, and you know that! I really do! But…” she sighed and chewed on her bottom lip for a moment. It was obvious that Sango didn't want to say this to her best friend…she didn't want to provoke any arguments, but she needed to say it, it had to be done. “What you're doing with InuYasha is reckless. What are you going to do if you get pregnant?”
 
Kagome licked her lips slowly and slammed both of her hands down onto the sink's white marble top. “Will you just drop it? Oh Kami, why does everyone think that I am going to do something as foolish as let myself become pregnant?”
 
Rin glanced from Kagome to Sango and slowly crossed her arms, “Kagome…I don't think you're exactly preventing it…”
 
Kagome gave a nasty glower to Rin and snapped back, “you don't know what I'm doing Rin.”
 
Sango took a few steps to stand next to Rin. With as much patience as she could manage, she calmly added, “I think it is obvious that you're not protecting yourself, Kagome. You…err…your leg…” Sango felt a heavy blush spread over her cheeks as she mumbled, “the stuff on your legs proved different.”
 
Kagome licked her lips slowly then stared at her reflection in the mirror. Throwing her hair into a sloppy ponytail, she turned to glare at her friends, “don't worry about it.”
 
Rin gasped and backed away from Kagome, her eyes swirling with a range of emotions, the most prominent being pain…she was stung by her friend's words. “How can you say that Kagome? We worry about each other, which is what friends do. If we didn't…if you didn't…. no one would have ever found out about what I was going through. No one would have ever been able to help me. Now we're trying to be there for you and you dare to say `don't worry about it?' screw you, Kagome, we're going to worry about it!” she balled her hands to fists and continued, her voice escalating, “I'm going to worry about it as long as you keep making these foolish decisions! He hurts you, Kagome…InuYasha does something so stupid that you want to scream and then let him touch you in ways, which nearly four weeks ago you wouldn't dare think about! You've changed, Kagome, and I'm really starting to think it's not for the better!”
 
Kagome turned and looked to Sango, “do you feel the same way? That I've changed for the worst?” she couldn't help the sarcastic drawl at the end of her sentence, or the vehemence that overpowered her words.
 
Sango swallowed hard and held out a hand to Kagome, “I just want to know that you're safe.”
 
Kagome shook her head slowly, “that isn't what I asked you, Sango. Do you feel that I have changed for the worst?”
 
Sango blinked then slowly nodded.
 
Kagome stared at her two friends in awe then grabbed her book bag from the floor. Pushing past the two girls she muttered, “then you can both go to hell.” She could just about hear their jaws hit the floor as she slammed her way out of the gym room door. She was pissed…she wasn't sure why she was suddenly so livid but she was furious. `How dare they? How can they sit there and call themselves my friends then turn on me so fast! I have not changed! So what…I am in love and suddenly that makes me the bad guy? They can go fuck themselves if they think for one damned moment that I'm just going to stay how I used to be! So, I've changed, yes…I'm more free then I ever could have been…I'm free to think how I want to, I'm free to live my own life outside of social constraints…I'm free to hate who I want to and free to love who I want to. I am in love with InuYasha and so what if we consummate that love? So what if we indulge ourselves more then we should? I'm young…I'm not going to be burdened down by a child. Not me…that won't happen. I'm not like Kikyo or those other girls at my age who get knocked up because she slept with different guys…'
 
Kagome felt her feet begin to slow down as her super ego begged for her to listen to that voice inside of her head…the voice that sounded so much like her mother. `That isn't how it happens and you know it. Stop being a stuck up bitch and go apologize to your friends!' Kagome tried to blink away the voice as hot tears washed over her brown pupils. `Why am I being such a bitch? Why did I cave in so easily to meet Inuyasha's desires…' she shook her head slowly, her body pausing in the middle of the hallway. She turned and rested her back against the cold lockers, `no…it wasn't Inuyasha's desires…they were mine…it was what I wanted him to do and its what he did. Yes, we're taking risks…we're…I'm…' she swallowed a lump in her throat as a tear spilled over onto her cheek, “I'm putting the blame on everyone else's shoulders.”
 
A finger dapped at her cheek and flicked away the stray tear. Kagome opened her eyes quickly with a gasp that turned into a quick sob. Sango stood with a similar look engrained on her face, her finger to her best friends cheek. “Oh Sango…” Kagome flung herself forward, embracing the girl for all she was worth. She felt someone hug her right side and knew it was Rin. Kagome blubbered for a moment before pulling away from the two. “I am so sorry…I never should have…”
 
Rin held up her hands and grabbed Kagome's right hand, “don't you dare say your sorry. I am…we both are…we shouldn't have pried. You should do what your heart tells you to, and we're only looking out for your best interests…but we have no place to say anything.”
 
Sango quickly added, “you're just so different then the Kagome I've grown up with. I mean…it isn't a bad thing, honest. You're more aware of everything around you, you seem to be so much happier and more alive then I ever remember….” She smiled and hugged Kagome again; “please don't be mad at us for only looking out for you….”
 
Kagome returned the hug and sighed deeply into the girls' shoulders, “you guys are my best friends, and I really do appreciate you looking out for me. I really do. I'm sorry I snapped…I've just been so bombarded on all sides about my relationship with InuYasha that I lost it. But it shouldn't have been at you guys. I am so sorry…please, can you two forgive me?”
 
Rin laughed and joined the hug between the friends. “Of course, Kagome….of course.”
 
The three stayed like that until a rather gruff cough ripped them from their hug. All three heads turned to see InuYasha scowling at them looking rather disturbed. “Are you guys done here, cause the bell rang like two minutes ago.”
 
Kagome gasped and looked at the clock on the overpass of the long hallway, “oh my gosh, I'm so sorry! Come on…” the four turned and slowly began to make their way towards science.
 
InuYasha pushed past Rin and Sango to walk next to Kagome, his eyes trained on her face with a frown etched on his. He had been elated at their…proceedings…on the steps, but the minute he had begun to enter the girl's room with Kagome's blatant statement and his eyes met the girls of the room, he was out like a slow kid in dodge ball. He had the thought, a number of times while he waited for Kagome outside of the gym, to go inside and get her. He could only imagine what was being said to his girl at that moment. One thing he had learned in all of his years was that girls were vicious…their gossip could be sharper then a double-edged sword, and could easily cause more damage. When she stormed past him about ten minutes later, he knew that something had happened. Kagome had become stronger…much stronger actually since he had met her. She was stronger willed, more stubborn, more tactful, less likely to take people's shit and just all around a changed girl. But he loved who she was and who she had become. Granted, they fought like cats and dogs, but in his heart, no matter what was said, he knew he loved her. Nothing could change that. Before he got a chance, though, to find out what was wrong, Sango and Rin rushed to the girl and had begun a long stream of never ending tears and heart gushing apologies. InuYasha knew it had to do with him, and though he would never admit it to anyone, it made him feel like shit. The last thing he wanted to do was cause tension between the girl he loved and her friends. Only after the late bell rang did he figure he needed to break them up.
 
Now he walked next to Kagome, his eyes trying to read hers. After giving up, he muttered, “you okay, princess?”
 
Kagome frowned and shot a point dead glare at InuYasha. “Don't call me that, InuYasha.”
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes and stuck out his chin. `Yup, she's fine.'
 
Rin smiled as she watched the two walking side by side. She knew that in his heart, no matter how much of a baka InuYasha was, he loved Kagome. It would take hell freezing over before he would just verbally admit it without blushing or scoffing or being forced to say it, but it was obvious that he did. Just like how Sesshoumaru loved her. Sesshoumaru. She blinked and looked to the ceiling. `Why do those two get all the chances in the world to be able to…'
 
A hand dropped lightly onto Rin's right shoulder and she paused to look back slowly. The rest of the team was nearly oblivious to her departure and continued their way down the hall. Rin on the other hand turned back and smiled. “I was just thinking about you.”
 
Sesshoumaru fringed a smile and ran a hand through her loose flowing tresses. “I know.”
 
Rin's eyes widened as she wrapped herself around her lovers waist, nestling her head into his chest. “How did you know?”
 
Sesshoumaru glanced down to her and ran a claw down her cheek gently, tracing her bone structure. “You're scent spiked.”
 
Rin's eyes widened as she gasped audibly, “do you often go around smelling people or is it just me? And how do you know I wasn't…uhh…”
 
Sesshoumaru blinked once and commanded the cease of all of her yammering, thoughts and actions with one word. “Rin.”
 
And she stopped. Rin glanced up at her lover like a pup who had just been spanked and blinked slowly, taking a step back from the lord. “Hai, Sesshoumaru?”
 
Sesshoumaru's eyes darkened as he let his hand trail to her neck. Her eyes widened in sheer panic as he tilted her head, by her chin to the right to examine the newly formed bruises on the side of her neck. With a fierce, protective and very territorial growl in his throat, he sneered, “what the hell….” His eyes flashed red, as he demanded answers, “what happened?”
 
Rin wanted to tell him to ignore it but something wasn't letting her lie…something was demanding that she tell him everything he wanted to know. She swallowed hard and looked to the floor. Two fingers grasped her cheekbones and forced her to look up. His eyes were filled with rage…nearly as much rage as she had seen in him the night she told him of Naraku. `Those bastards are as good as dead…he is really going to kill something! Dear god…he's going to go after InuYasha again.' she cringed at the thought, `oh yeah, he is defiantly going to neuter his brother.' Her breath came in labored fearful pants as she quickly told him the day's events unadulterated. When she was done, he looked more furious then before, if that was even possible. Inuyasha's castration suddenly rose in severity levels to the tier of death, in her mind. `Yeah, he is really going to kill him…. Sesshoumaru looks so…' she gulped again and put her hand on his chest. “Sesshoumaru…please…I'm okay, I swear it.”
 
“Where was that hanyou baka brother of mine?”
 
Rin chewed on her bottom lip and cringed, “he…uhh…fell asleep…”
 
Sesshoumaru held up a hand to stop her from continuing then pulled her into a tight hug. He kissed the crown of her forehead and asked slowly, “Are you okay? Do you want to go home? All you need to do is say the word and I'll take you from here, Rin, do not forget that!”
 
Rin could hear the stoic tone that he always carried yet could also hear the anger and frustration in his voice behind the words. She must have been the only one because no one ever seemed to pick up on it. She nodded slowly, “I'm okay…he…Vin…he's a jerk. I know him…because of….” She blanched and rubbed the toes of her foot into the ground. `I know him because of Naraku…just like how I know all of the lowlifes in town. Vin especially. He wasn't part of the dragons, no; he had no dealings with Diegosan and his crew. He was strictly a lead member of the Boryokudan, Naraku's gang. He was the `get it done' man.' She closed her eyes and pushed away the memories to her overflowing closet of `things to forget'. With a deep breath, she looked up to Sesshoumaru, “I'm fine, you know. Honestly. Words hardly hurt me anymore.”
 
Sesshoumaru kissed her forehead again and looked her in the eyes, “you can't lie to me Rin, but I will not force you to speak of it. When you are ready to, I'm here. Until then…go to class and I'll see you there.”
 
Rin blinked and glanced up at Sesshoumaru. “Why would you be at….”
 
Sesshoumaru was gone in an instant, and just a few doors down the hall a loud yelp then groan was heard from a hanyou that she knew all to well. With wide eyes, Rin sprinted down the hallway. `Oh, shit.'
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
Ryen stood silently, his gold eyes trained directly ahead towards the two-way mirror on the pale white wall. He nodded slowly then straightened his black tie. He heard the door on his left open, but only justified the change with a flicker of his eyes. He turned and stared directly into the mirror, watching behind him as three armed guards escorted his new best friend into the bare cold room. The man was placed at the table then one of the three guards made their way over to Ryen while the other two hoisted their AK 47's to their shoulders and stood as sentries at the door. Ryen watched with mild interest in the mirror as two eyes flickered over the back of his pressed Armani suit and bit his lip from grinning when the eyes widened.
 
The guard paused at his side and muttered, “he's all yours…don't worry, sir, my men are instructed not to…interrupt…you in any way from this interrogation. Break the bastard for me, would you?” the man then winked at Ryen and made his way out of the room to watch from the two way mirror. Ryen returned his gaze to the mirror, watching the man's interactions behind him. He seemed…amused. Ryen's mirth dropped from his eyes as a sneer overwhelmed his face as the boy opened his mouth.
 
“Sesshoumaru, you are the last person I would be to think they would let in here.” Ryen would have broken his neck on a better day for the despicable singsong tone to this arrogant bastards voice. “Have you come to ask me how to run my business or how to pleasure your woman…since I would know best.”
 
Ryen snapped. Turning in a blur of movement, he grabbed Naraku by his neck, pulled him backward over the chair's backrest and slammed him into the wall with amazing vigor. He brought his nose an inch from Naraku's and scoffed, “do not mistake me for my nephew, you worthless piece of shit.”
 
Naraku's grin widened as he stared into the fuming amber eyes in front of him, “well, this is a surprise. Ryen…only now I learn that you are related to that bastard's family?”
 
Ryen growled, as his Youkai demanded the blood of this fool. “Watch your mouth, you arrogant little prick. You're on my turf right now and I don't think a single person in this room would lift a finger to stop me from crushing the life out of your pathetic fragile body!”
 
Naraku clicked his tongue against the roof of his mouth, “temper, sergeant.”
 
Ryen narrowed his eyes and lifted Naraku away from the wall, “temper this, you son of a bitch!” turning quickly, he threw Naraku across the steel table in the middle of the room and sprawling head first into the opposing wall. He walked slowly towards the boy with a very small yet satisfied grin on his face. He squatted down next to the boy and grabbed a handful of his black hair, yanking his face off the floor. Ryen pulled his neck back far enough so that he was looking him directly in the eyes, “what spell did you put on Rin?”
 
Naraku attempted to pull from Ryen's grasp, which only got him a greeting to the linoleum floor forehead first by Ryen's fist. As soon as the sickening thud of connecting flesh and floor echoed in the room, Ryen pulled him back up. Naraku hissed in pain and spat, “I don't know what you're talking about.”
 
Ryen sneered and pulled him to his feet by his hair. “I'll only ask this once more; why is Rin seeing your face when she is awake?”
 
Naraku grinned a bloody cocky smile and answered in a collected voice, one that Ryen wanted to kick the living shit out of him for, “probably because she misses the way I could control her. She loved it; I don't care what anyone says. That little whore loved…”
 
Ryen's fist connected with Naraku's jaw, sending him flat on his back to the floor. Ryen's face contorted with absolute rage as he kicked Naraku in his ribs with his steel-toed shoes, worn just for this chance. He seethed as he glowered down at the boy in complete fury, “I should rip out your tongue where we are, you arrogant…”
 
Naraku cringed and slowly began to sit up, only to be pushed back down with Ryen's foot on his chest. He grimaced under the snapping of two ribs and grinded his teeth together, “I don't know.”
 
Ryen forced himself to pull his foot away and turned on his heels to walk back to the mirror. At this rate, he was bound to kill this bastard. After taking a moment to collect himself, he turned slowly to face Naraku, who had propped himself against the wall, “if I find out for one moment that you have some hex on her…”
 
Naraku spit out a tooth mixed with a wad of blood and sniffed hard, rubbing his nose with the back of his hand. His red eyes met Ryen's with a feverous amount of fury, “why would I waste my time on Rin? I got what I wanted from her…if she is having regressions over what happened, then it is strictly her own doing. I have higher priorities in life then an old used and tainted sex toy.”
 
Ryen growled, letting his breath out from his mouth between his teeth and balled his hand to fists. Stalking towards the boy, he asked in a rather primordial growl, “you don't give a damn about what you did to her, do you?”
 
Naraku closed his eyes and laid his head against the wall. “Of course I do…” he opened his left eye and glared at the dog demon with a spiteful grin on his lips, “…now ask me if I regret it…because my answer will be no. She served her purpose and served it well. And if she misses it, you can always send her to come see me.”
 
Ryen dropped with astonishing speed to one knee, his fist connect with Naraku's left eye socket, sending the boy wheeling down the floor right below Ryen's knee. Ryen lifted his hand again, to insert his fist in the back of Naraku's head but stopped. Asserting every inch of his self-control, he yanked himself to his feet and took two steps back from the boy. Letting his breath out in ragged pants, he called to the guards, “I'm done here…take him from my sight before I kill him…and get me a towel. This boy's blood is like acid…” he shook off his right hand which was soaked in blood. He watched with a sort of sadistic amusement as the two guards pulled Naraku's unconscious body from the floor and dragged him out of the room. A door behind him opened and two men entered the room.
 
The first of the two men, dressed in a united state's Marine general's uniform cleared his throat and stepped forward, speaking to Ryen in English, “Ryen, was that truly necessary?”
 
Ryen turned and glowered at the General for a moment before giving him a rather loose salute. “Sir, I was not aware of your presence here.” Sure it was a lie…Ryen knew his boss from the states was there the moment he stepped through the jailhouse gates, but what they didn't know couldn't hurt him, could it?
 
The General sighed heavily and shook his head slowly. “His lawyers are going to have a field day with this, I hope you know, Sergeant.”
 
Ryen shrugged and adjusted his tie with his clean hand and pulled a pack of cigarettes from his pocket. “With what? He got into a really nasty prison fight, didn't you hear? Five guys beat the living shit out of him in the mess hall.”
 
The General shook his head slowly then rolled his eyes, “you're becoming as crooked as all those cops in your precinct.”
 
Ryen took a deep inhale of his cigarette then rested it at his side, pinched between his thumb and index finger, “call it poetic justice.”
 
The General gave the man a small chuckle, “I call it a good old fashioned ass whoopin'.”
 
Ryen laughed and took another hit from the cigarette. “Tell me that you would have not done the same thing. He was mocking a rape victim in the coldest of ways. Was I wrong for defending her?”
 
The general walked to the mirror and looked at his reflection, “and it has nothing to do with her being your nephew's mate?”
 
Ryen stuck out his chin, dropping the smoke to the ground and crushing the life out of it with his heel. “None what so ever. I have no patience when it comes to rape…”
 
The general raised an eyebrow and looked to the younger man, “and yet you allow your nephew to walk around free?”
 
That stopped Ryen before his rant could begin. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair and closed his eyes for a moment, “touché.”
 
The general shook his head and walked back to Ryen. Placing a hand on his shoulders, he stared at him. “Ryen, I need you to stay around this area. I know we spoke of bringing you back to the states when your mission was completed…but they need a strong leader to bring together the precinct, and I believe you are the right man for the job.”
 
Ryen blinked then slowly nodded, “I was hoping to stick around for a while…if not for my families sake then for my own. There are some…things…I have to see to around here.” He sighed heavily and frowned, “yet shouldn't that be a decision by the NPA, not the United States Military?”
 
The general paused then laughed, “You think that is my doing? I want you back in the states, personally, boy. It is the NPA who is asking us to `lend' them indefinitely our best officer. Hell, I would have you sitting next me on the next chopper back to D.C. if I could. But they need you Ryen…and I honestly believe your boys need you.”
 
Ryen sighed, “I suppose your right, Jack…” he bowed to the general then shook his hand, “thank you, General…”
 
The general shook his hand and laughed lowly, “don't thank me yet, boy. You have a lot to rebuild in that office. I would watch your back…there are bound to be a lot of people out for your head after this incident. Don't worry…it never happened…but watch your back. And don't trust anyone…especially those officers in that precinct.”
 
Ryen nodded then turned and took a towel from one of the prison wardens. He wiped the blood off his hand and scowled. “I need to get this boy's filth off my hands then see to other business.”
 
The general nodded and saluted the other soldier. “Take care of yourself, Ryen. I'm heading back to Washington tonight, but I will be back in a few weeks to check in on things. Take care of it, will ya?”
 
Ryen saluted his commanding officer back and nodded affirmatively, “hai, General Craiger. Take care of yourself as well.”
 
The general nodded then walked off with the second guard, leaving Ryen alone in the room.
 
Only after his commander was gone did Ryen sigh in relief. He had been thrown into a blind fury by that boy's arrogance that it never crossed his mind to think that it may have cost him his job…or for that matter, could have compromised Naraku's trial. `How could that little bastard look me in the eye and throw such blatant…heartless…slander about that poor girl.' He shook his hand and walked from the room and towards the main desk. `He is not controlling Rin; I got that much from his aura. Which makes this matter more complex…and confirms my fears. Rin is doing it herself…she is suffering from post-traumatic stress and will probably transpose her fear of Naraku onto Sesshoumaru without some sever intervention.' He shook his head and walked from the building like a ghost, for of course, he had not been there that day…or so claimed the records.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
 
InuYasha plopped into the cold plastic lunch chair, still holding an ice bag over the welting black and blue he had that covered his right eye. He grumbled a few obstinacies as he wrapped his arm around Kagome's waist as she walked by oblivious, while talking to Rin and Sango, and pulled her down roughly onto his lap. He growled at the bastard who assaulted him outside of science, while lowering his lips to Kagome's cheek to give her a chaste kiss. He nuzzled her cheek and winched as she gently stroked the cut on his lip with one finger.
 
Kagome cringed and then twisted around to her fullest extent to gently press her lips against Inuyasha's. “I'm sorry Yash, I didn't know it still hurt.”
 
InuYasha simply smiled into her lips and muttered with his lips pressed against hers, “keep this up and you'll numb the pain.”
 
Miroku threw his book bag onto the table and glowered at Sesshoumaru while speaking to InuYasha, “cause your blood flow will go elsewhere. Careful Kagome, we don't need another incident like in the gym.” He flinched away from Sesshoumaru as the demon stood up.
 
Sesshoumaru watched Miroku shrink back a step after snapping back at his baka brother. He had put his brother's face into a set of lockers after making sure InuYasha understood his mistake. He nearly beat the ever-living crap out of InuYasha until Rin had shown up and pulled him back with a few choice words. He gave Miroku a nasty glare then grabbed Rin's hand. “Come.”
 
Rin glanced up from her conversation with Sango and sighed. “Where now?” Honestly, she loved Sesshoumaru with every bone in her body but having to argue with him for ten minutes as to why he couldn't follow her into the girl's room had been tedious enough, let alone having him sit with her in every single one of her classes. She felt like they were joined at the hip, not that it was a bad thing but the fact that he wouldn't let her breath was. `If he expects me to follow him into the boys room, I swear to god I will walk out of this school…'
 
Sesshoumaru pointed towards the lunch line with a rather annoyed look on his face, “do you wish to eat or not?”
 
Rin blinked twice then gave him a wide grin, “oh, I forgot. Sango, I'll be right back.” she stood up and laced her arm in Sesshoumaru's, allowing him to escort her to the line with a faint grin. `If I work this right, I really am sure I could get whatever my heart desires.'
 
InuYasha watched Sesshoumaru walk away with Rin and growled loudly, “Does anyone else think that he is over reacting? That fucker slammed my face into that fucking locker like his life depended on it.”
 
Sango frowned and poked at her homemade lunch. “All he saw were those bruises on her neck. I mean, honestly Yash, if you left Kagome in his care and she came back bruised, you'd want answers.”
 
InuYasha scoffed and looked away from Sango, “Keh, I wouldn't beat him up without a decent reason.”
 
Kagome rolled her eyes and stabbed him in the chest with two fingers, “you lie like a dog. Do you know that?”
 
Miroku laughed and held up one finger, “that is because he is a dog, Kagome.”
 
InuYasha flipped the boy off, “shove it, Bouzo.”
 
Miroku sighed and let his head roll to his right shoulder to gaze at Sango, “some people just don't have your free time to do so, InuYasha…nor the access to stairwells.”
 
Kagome chocked on her soda and turned five shades of red. “Oi, Miroku!”
 
Sango took the liberty to bash Miroku over the head for that one. “Hentia!”
 
The doors to the cafeteria took that moment to fly open, banging roughly against the cement orange blocks that made up their cafeteria. All the members at the table gawked in union at the persons standing in the doorway. A collaborative sigh echoed from the front table.
 
InuYasha took a moment from his gawk to put a rather irate Kagome off his lap and into the chair next to him before standing up slowly, “you have got to be fucking kidding me.”
 
A rather flashy grin from the taller of the two was his only warning before he was knocked to the floor by two sets of arms.
 
Kagome let out a rather exasperated sigh before reaching over and pushing one of the two annoyances off of her boyfriend. “Do you two mind? If you couldn't tell after last night, he's not gay…so keep your hands to yourselves.”
 
Bankotsu stood up and brushed off his pants before yanking Hiten off the floor, which was smothering InuYasha at that moment, his body strung across the hanyou in a rather peculiar fashion. He shot Kagome a dark glare before looking down at the hanyou. “Damn, someone really fucked you up after we left you last night. Was it Sesshiles?”
 
Hiten grinned down at the boy before helping InuYasha to his feet. “That is a fresh wound. What the hell happened to you and whose ass to you want us to kick?”
 
InuYasha pulled his hand out of Hiten's grasp and rolled his eyes before sitting down at the table. “Don't worry about it, I'm fine.”
 
Bankotsu reached to the table next to theirs and grabbed a chair. He thrust it between InuYasha and Kagome then plopped himself down on it with a few bats of his eyes to Kagome. Turning back to his hanyou friend, Bankotsu studied his face carefully, “I would be to say you became intimately friendly with a locker, ne?”
 
InuYasha stared at his friend in absolute shock then shut his mouth with a loud, “Keh.”
 
Hiten pushed his way to the other side of InuYasha and kicked his feet up onto the table. “So…what's the hotness of this school?”
 
Sango stood up and slammed her hands down onto the table, attaining everyone's undivided attention. “Just what the hell are you two doing here?”
 
Bankotsu stared at Sango as if her question's answer was the most obvious thing on the planet then held up a sheet of paper with a rather insidious gleam in his eyes. “If you must ask that, sweetie, then you ain't as smart as I figured to be…and that's pretty sad.”
 
Hiten's glower matched that of Bankotsu as he calmly stated, “we're students now.”
 
Four rather loud “Nani?!!?” exclamations echoed about the cafeteria.
 
Bankotsu blinked once and looked to InuYasha, “what? Did we say something wrong?”
 
InuYasha threw to hands up towards the boy and glared at him in absolute shock, “tell me your fucking joking.”
 
Hiten quickly answered, “we're not…we signed up, paid the dues and got in.”
 
Sango blinked then glanced to Miroku, “I guess next we shall be accepting yesterday's trash into classes as well.”
 
Bankotsu snapped his head back to stare at the girl and growled, “you have something to say, bitch?”
 
Sango stood up, knocking her chair out from behind her, “you want to settle this now, asshole?”
 
Kagome stood up swiftly and grabbed Sango's arm. She shook her head twice with pleading eyes. Right now, the last thing she wanted was to see any more violence. “Please, guys, lets just try to get along.”
 
Hiten laughed and grabbed one of Inuyasha's fries from his tray and pointed it towards Kagome, “Inuyasha's bitch has a point.”
 
Kagome snapped her head around the glare at Hiten, “and if you call me that one more time, you little prick, I swear to god I will show you how much like InuYasha I truly am.”
 
Hiten laughed and looked her over with slow hungry eyes. “Baby, you can show me anything you want.”
 
InuYasha whirled around from facing Bankotsu to face Hiten, “watch it, Hit, I already told you once. Don't even think it, got it?”
 
Bankotsu grabbed another fry from InuYasha and bit it in half before adding, “Kora sends her regards…kind of misses you.”
 
InuYasha instantly cringed and threw a glance at Kagome to see if she had caught his words. Her eyes were at full attention and were apparently waiting for an explanation. InuYasha grimaced and gave Bankotsu a hard glare; “there are reasons I don't talk to that whore anymore.”
 
Hiten laughed and snatched another fry. With a sigh, InuYasha pushed the plate towards his starving friend and dropped his head to his arms, waiting for this to be blown out of proportion. “Is that reason being that you knocked her up or that she fucked Bankotsu?”
 
Kagome's jaw dropped as she stared at InuYasha then at Hiten. “He what?”
 
InuYasha sighed heavily and kicked Hiten under the table before looking to Kagome, “it wasn't like that…”
 
Kagome sat back and crossed her arms, obviously livid and demanding answers. “Then tell me how it was, InuYasha.” She scoffed and glared at Sango as if mentally asking if she really wanted to know.
Bankotsu rolled his eyes and reached over InuYasha to take some fries from Hiten. “He was high as a fucking kite on one of those human nights of his, fucked the whore like she had been begging him to, then showed up five weeks later saying she was pregnant. Of course after we laughed her out of the lunchroom, a week later she made a whole scene talking about she was under so much stress that she miscarried or some shit like that. She wasn't pregnant to begin with, and I know that for a fact. Anyone with a brain knew that. A week later she was sucking…”
 
InuYasha slammed a hand down onto the table and growled, “I don't think Kagome cares to know about that…nor do I for that matter. She wasn't pregnant, that is what matters.”
 
Hiten nodded while chewing down some fries, “whatever, she went around the block a few times, if you know what I mean.”
 
Kagome pushed her chair back and stood up, a rather disgusted look engrained on her face. “Yeah, I know what you mean.” She mocked with utter disdain in her eyes. “Now if you excuse me, I'm going to the library where I won't have to worry about assholes.”
 
Bankotsu reached over and grabbed Kagome's hand, pulling her back down into her seat. “Sit down, bitch, you don't need to go anywhere.”
 
InuYasha had him by his collar in a second, sprawled out on the table with the angry hanyou hovering above him. “Don't. Fucking. Touch. Her. Got it?” he lifted Bankotsu up from the table and stared him in the eyes, “you touch her again, I'll break your hand off.”
 
Hiten stood up slowly, giving InuYasha a stare as if he had grown a second head. “Dude, you sound like your brother. Knock that shit off!”
A hand wrapped around the back of Hiten's neck and with a yelp, he was yanked off the floor and whirled around to meet the said person face to face. Sesshoumaru stared at the boy with absolute disgust playing in his eyes, fighting a winning battle over the near equal amount of sheer shock for seeing these losers in his school…again.
 
Hiten grimaced as he found himself dangling in mid air in the grasp of a man who would sooner break his neck then speak two words to him. “Hey Sesshiles…we were just talking about….”
 
Rin popped out from behind Sesshoumaru and set her tray down on the table to over look the situation. She grimaced and looked to InuYasha, “these your buddies?”
 
InuYasha thrust Bankotsu once more against the table then let him up as he took the needed steps to reach Kagome. He glanced at Rin and rolled his eyes, “you could say that.”
 
Bankotsu stood up from the table and brushed off his back before snorting, “well, that says a lot, InuYasha. We love you to, asswipe.”
 
InuYasha dropped to his knees in front of Kagome and took her hand to look it over. He missed the look of adoration of her face as he kissed her wrist, “are you okay, did he hurt you?”
 
Kagome leaned forward and kissed the tip of his nose, laughing lightly at the way his eyebrows were creased in dread. “I'm fine, InuYasha. He just startled Me.” she felt the smile slip away as she pushed some of his hair out of his face, “did you really…you know…get that girl pregnant?”
 
InuYasha sighed and put his forehead in her lap. “She never had the scent of pups on her, so I want to say no. She showed up so randomly, Kagome, that I really am not sure.”
 
Kagome swallowed hard and slightly blanched. “…Does this mean…that you might have…”
 
InuYasha shook his head no and stared at her with fear lingering in his eyes…a fear that she would believe the two idiots over him and he might lose her. “no…I know that for a fact. I know I don't…”
 
Sesshoumaru took that moment to clear his throat and drop Hiten to the ground, “this is unacceptable. I will not have them in my school again. I will not put up with them again!”
 
Hiten rubbed his neck and glowered at the older brother, “you don't have to worry about that asshole, we're a grade below you. As for `your school', it isn't, so get over it.”
 
Rin looked to Hiten and frowned, “Sesshoumaru goes to class with me therefore you'll be near him and that is only asking for a fight. There is a public school down the road if you wish to finish your education…though something makes me doubt that has anything to do with you being here.”
 
Hiten gave Rin a coy smile and smoothly replied, “My lady, you are as witty as you are beautiful. We're here to be with our old pal Yash. I don't give a rats ass about school.”
 
InuYasha glanced to Hiten and sighed heavily, “Guys…I'm not…we're not…” he looked to Kagome for a moment then sighed again. “Maybe we should talk outside.”
 
Kagome opened her mouth to protest but Bankotsu beat her to the punch line. “Sounds marvelous. Let me grab my smokes and we'll go.”
 
Hiten squirmed away from Sesshoumaru death glare to dart out the door first.
 
InuYasha looked to Kagome, who was trying to hide her lingering fear and kissed her lightly. “Don't worry, princess, I'll be fine and I'll be back.”
 
Kagome forwent giving him any warnings or threats. He knew better, he had to of. She simply nodded then watched as her boyfriend left the building with two of the most deadly influences in his life with a lingering bad feeling.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
As soon as they were out of school doors, Bankotsu and Hiten both lit up a joint and slouched against the brick building. “What's good?”
 
InuYasha took a step away from the boys, making sure to avoid smelling like anything that could get him into trouble with Kagome and frowned. “Do you two mind not doing that around me.”
 
Bankotsu and Hiten exchanged stares then shook their heads. Bankotsu held out his roach to InuYasha and raised an eyebrow, “you sure you don't want a hit, or did your bitch curb this need as well.”
 
When InuYasha pushed away his friends hand with a rather vicious vigor, Hiten rolled his eyes and scoffed, “you were never one to be domesticated, InuYasha, and now I have expect to see you baking cookies and giving pedicures.”
 
InuYasha shoved his friend's shoulder but kept the distance between them. “Go fuck yourself, asshole. Just cause I'm finally fucking happy doesn't mean that I've gone soft. I could still kick your dumb ass any day of the week.”
 
Bankotsu narrowed his eyes and took another hit of the weed. “What have you become InuYasha?”
 
InuYasha blinked and crossed his arms; “I don't need to explain myself to you two.”
 
Hiten pouted, “come on, man. This isn't like you…I miss the old you. The one who would go to a club, pick up some hoe, bang the bottom out of her and leave her. The guy who would sit with us and get stoned off MJ or takes hits of acid. The guy who would steal anything he wanted and beat the crap out of anyone who would try to stop him. What the fuck did you do to him?”
 
InuYasha adverted his eyes from the other two and clenched his jaw. After a moment, he closed his eyes, “I fucked up bad back there guys…you know about that.”
 
Bankotsu rolled his eyes and held out one hand, “you were fucking stoned and drunk off your ass, not to mention tripping. It ain't your fault that the dumb bitch pissed you off…”
 
InuYasha grabbed his friend by his neck and threw him into the wall. Holding him by his chin, InuYasha seethed, “don't fucking say that, Bankotsu. I fucking ruined a girl's life that night, thanks to Taber and nearly got myself killed. I should have died that night…I should have. But Sesshoumaru decided to wait till a couple weeks ago to try to strike me down for that, and I still deserved it!”
 
Hiten pulled InuYasha away from the other boy, his black braid swinging madly as he pulled InuYasha away. “Lay off him, InuYasha. Look, yeah, you fucked up but we've all done that…we've all fucked up at some aspect or another. But we got over it, why can't you?”
 
InuYasha pulled away and stared at the boys in absolute horror. “You two don't give a god damn about who you messed with or what you did. You don't care about any of that! That's where we're different. I do care! I hate myself for what I became…”
 
Bankotsu cracked his jaw then took a step towards InuYasha, “and what did you become?”
 
InuYasha blinked and answered deadpanned, “a monster.”
 
Bankotsu rolled his eyes and stabbed at Inuyasha's chest with a finger, “you let out your demon, and it wanted blood. Isn't that what you always wanted, though? To be a full demon?”
 
InuYasha shook his head slowly, “no, not like that. It wasn't supposed to be like that.”
 
Hiten laughed and held out his hands. “Look at me, InuYasha. I am a full demon and I don't give a rats ass about what I've done in my past.”
 
InuYasha snorted and closed his eyes, “and that is only one of the many things that makes us different.”
 
Bankotsu's face darkened as he glared at InuYasha, “what makes us different InuYasha, is that you've changed. You actually care what people say now…you are playing lap dog to that fucking bitch in there just so that you can burry your dick in her at night.” Inuyasha's fist connected with Bankotsu's jaw with a sickening crack. The boy slumped backwards into the wall and spit out a tooth. He glared at InuYasha while rubbing his jaw, “that's the only free punch you're getting on me, InuYasha. Hear that? Try that shit again and I'll take you down.”
 
InuYasha growled back, “I'd like to see you try. Talk shit about Kagome, asswipe, and I'll make sure that you will never be able to procreate, got me?”
 
Hiten blinked slowly, “man, you've changed.”
 
InuYasha stood up straight and rotated his right arm backwards, cracking his shoulder blade. “Yeah, I have, and it's for the better.”
 
Hiten shook his head no. “no, it's for that wench. Look, don't hit me or nothing but she really is controlling you InuYasha. She says jump and you bring her a fuckin cloud. I bet if she told you to fucking do something you'd do it.”
 
InuYasha blinked then shrugged his shoulders, “it's called love.”
 
 
Bankotsu sneered back, “No, it's called pussy-whipped. I took you into my gang…I made you my fucking brother and you ditch us for some chick who has you under her thumb. I'm willing to bet that she wouldn't fuckin even look at you twice before you stopped smoking weed and stopped wearing your hood.”
 
InuYasha blinked and looked away. “Kagome isn't like that. I thought she was when I first met her but she really isn't.”
 
Hiten laughed deeply, “the hell she isn't. I saw the way she looked at us last night…I saw the way she ran from me into that pretty boy's arms.”
 
InuYasha snapped his head back to Hiten. “What pretty boy?”
 
Hiten shrugged and rolled his eyes, “hell if I know…the one you beat the snot out of.”
 
InuYasha gawked, “Kouga?”
 
Hiten nodded quickly, “yeah, that one. She fucking ran to him like he was the greatest thing!”
 
InuYasha rolled his eyes, “probably to get the hell away from you.”
 
Bankotsu grabbed Inuyasha's shoulders and wheeled him around to stare at him, “do you fuckin understand what we're saying, InuYasha? We're trying to warn you…this chick doesn't give a damn about you, she is just using you.”
 
InuYasha jammed his hands into his pockets and rocked back and forth on his feet. “You know what…just get to know her. Keep those damn mouths of yours shut and get to know her. Give her a week and you'll see…she really is a great person. I'm fucking blessed to have her in my life, Bank…I mean it. I can't imagine life without her.”
 
Hiten gagged and slapped InuYasha on his shoulder, “spare us. I'll give the bitch a week but you better keep your eyes open to. Watch how fucking manipulative she is and if you agree after a week, then come back with us to Kyushu and leave this dump behind.”
 
InuYasha blinked the shrugged. `I love Kagome and there isn't anything these guys can do to make me change my mind. Let them try, they'll only see how great she really is.' he turned and pulled his cigarettes from his pocket. “Deal, now get off my god damned back.” he pulled out his lighter and nearly lit the smoke. Suddenly the past two weeks played over in his mind…Kagome nearly being raped because he felt the need to indulge in a cigarette…because he had let his guard down and let her be hurt, again. He ripped the stick from his mouth and threw it to the ground. He tossed the carton to Bankotsu and pushed past him. “If you excuse me, I have things to do. I'll see you guys in chorus.”
 
The door slammed shut marking the hanyou's exit as the twos eyes widened. In a rather joint voice, they echoed the damned word, “chorus?”
 
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Well, another installment and added animosity . Yay for Naraku getting his ass kicked!!! Sorry it took so long to update!
 
And I really, really have to say this. I was absolutely awe struck at the amount of people who supported me so suddenly with the frustration issue I came across with the ridiculous flame. I honestly can't put into words how good it made me feel to see so many people out there who care enough to give me the moral support to venture onwards without a thought to look over my shoulder at that BS. I don't think I can possibly say thank you enough or tell you all how much it meant to me. THANK YOU! it really is so wonderful for an author to hear what you all had to say. it made my weekend and put an engrained smile on my face!
 
A/N
 
Ebony Rose- don't you love it when you just get those types of inklings to see if something is there, and it is. I swear, if only lottery tickets were that easy to guess. ::sigh:: so, were you right as per to your guess? (I hope so). Yes, it shall be worse then the lemon deprivation because he is going to be very hesitant to ensue any of those actions with her. :sigh:: poor Rin, it is going to be a rather long month. (hehe). But yes, I'm not sure which is worse either; dying and being brought back to find the love of your life in a coma or being Naraku's toy. Epp!
 
GothycCoalChambr- yeah, I know it was an evil cliffy. I'm sorry! LOL. As for Rin going crazy…it is really up for the reader's discretion to answer that one. Posttraumatic stress disorder is what she is dealing with, in all honestly, as one normally would after such a long time. She should have been put in therapy already, which is what Ryen was trying to tell Sesshoumaru. Now comes that fun stuff. But one should really be careful as to where they take one's mind…
 
Jadependat- LOL, as I was writing that chapter, with her hearing stuff inside her house, it was like 2am and even I was starting to freak out, hearing my electric heaters rattling and stuff had me scared shitless. Thank you so much for your kind words! I shall endeavor to write out the chapters as fast as I can! I'm off this week from school (hoo-roah!)
 
nauriell- I'm sorry…I did not mean for you to go insane! LOL. It's okay…you can come out of the corner now…see, it was Sesshiles the entire time. she's just uhh…a little loopy right now, and it shall continue with time.
 
AnimeishSwarf - woo-hoo, a loyal follower! I'm glad that you have enjoyed the story since chapter one. I know sometimes it is a little redundant (with the bickering of Yash/Kag) but I do believe it is coming along.
 
AnimeishDwarf   (same person as above, ne?) hmm…Ryen and Kag's mother find out what the kiddies were doing, hmm? I'm sure it's bound to get back somehow…or by someone's big mouth. As for Kag's being pregnant, I've come to far in the story to let that bog her down and turn into, like you said, a `ruined life' story. though really, when in retrospect, it wouldn't be `that' ruined because, after all, InuYasha does have like a couple billion dollars. Hmm…. Anywho's, no need to fear, I will say that much. And it will be explained soon enough, all of this is leading up to explanations soon and of course, more drama!
 
ayngel_babie / AngelBaybee- now, in all of my psychology classes, we call mood swings from (I love this story) to (I h8 you) either Bi-Polar personality disorder or also could be classified as Multiple Personality Disorder, having more then one personality that are aware of each other. Either way, GROW UP and gain some self control. I would love to know what was going through your mind when these mood swings occurred. To AngelBaybee, Spaming reviews boards out of sheer jealousy for a talent that you yourself apparently do not possess (and I speak of self-control), is not cool…or whatever `hip' lingo you chose to use. If you have a problem with my work, then don't read it. If you wish to take this up further, I DARE you to email me. That should get the thirteen-year-old blood of your circulating. If you find yourself so ballsy to be able to say it in open area, say it to my face, not on a message board. Fallenangel7583@optonline.net . enjoy.
 
Tarzan from fanfic.net- yes, Kagome putting her foot down is a great thing, but she needs the backbone to hold to it. now, the question is if InuYasha is mentally ready to make sure there are no future incidents. Yes, yes, I do throw in hints and warnings of future problems about to arise. The angst between these two though is going to take a back burner for the time being, I figured let them simmer down for a little bit before igniting another flame. :-0
 
Kendraless- since we've talked over email, I shall not recap that here. Thanks for the info of the lack of school busses in Japan, I guess it makes sense. They do, however, have public transportation so I shall be throwing them into that in revisions.
 
Umi7- Yeah, Floydd was a gym teacher in my high school as well (scary). LOL. He was an awesome person so he was the first one I thought of when thinking of a coach. (hopefully you didn't go to Lakewood Hs, NJ, cause then this will just be bizarre). Thank you so much for your words of praise, I'm really happy that people enjoy this fan fic!!
 
kschultea- thank you so much for the analysis of the story. a lot of people tend not to go that in depth with the story because of the fact that I have strayed from the normal depictions of the characters from the cannon show plot. I love to hear how people react to the differences in the characters and what they think. As I stated in another review answer, a `ruined life' story this shall not be. I believe in happy endings, though I know they can come from that as well. Kag is just going under some scrutiny of fellow peers. Thanks again for the great words!
 
Woodshop2300- nah, I don't think you've reviewed yet, I can't remember writing a response to a creative and different name as such. Yeah, sorry about the mix up, don't worry, this shall make up for that mistake hopefully!
 
Blaze417- thanks for the idea of the hit on this angry reviewers head. hehe. Back alley fights are great! Let me know how the fight goes ;-) thanks so much for the support!!
 
BK- oh, I know about the idiots in the world. I get to work in a place where they love to conjugate. Thank you so much for the support and the wonderful words. I really got to see how many people care about this story and it means the world to me!!
 
foxfire730- I'm glad to see that you took the moment to review and it REALLY means the world to me. THANK YOU so much for the kind words and letting me know how you feel about this piece of fiction. It warms my heart to know that one can care so much about this. I honestly am humbled by your words of praise. Oh god, I just can't see InuYasha as a heaven's angel (though he may look like one…;-) yes, bad boy Yash isn't going anywhere any time soon, I just love him to much to change him. again, thank you so much for your support and absolutely moving praise!!!
 
aurora17- hey stranger, I was wondering if I still had you in tote with this fic. I'm glad to see that you are still following my work, it really makes me smile. Thank you sooo much for your support in this matter, it really means the world to me. Yes, that is a wonderful saying that I honestly haven't heard before (see, we learn new things everyday). THANK you so much for your praise of the story!
lbdp- don't worry, one flame shall not stop me from writing this story. I to find it heartbreaking when someone lets one person get to them. I think it would take more then a burning building to keep me from finishing this. Thank you so much for your support and praise over this matter! It means the world to me that you took the time to help support me.
 
Master of the Universe  - hmm…Rin toting a gun. Could be interesting….i could just see someone getting shot in the foot for pissing her off though (probably InuYasha with the way he's at it). Maybe this is something I should look into. LOL. But you are very right, Sesshoumaru can't always be there…then what?
 
sesshyluvr  - please never think that I can't use encouragement, nor the fact that a review wouldn't mean anything to me. I cherish each and every single review as if my life depended on it. I love to know that people are enjoying the fic and please never consider yourself a `sap', I love all my readers and it hurts to hear that! Honest! LOL, thank you so much for your support over the flame matters, and I don't think I can say `thank you' enough for your praise! To hear this considered as `one of the best fics' is honestly astonishing to myself, as an author it is also what I strive to hear! THANK you, honestly, from the bottom of my heart. (ps. I love fluffykins as well).
 
trinity757575- wow… I know what it is like to sit down and get absolutely hooked into someone's work and read it straight through. I also know what it is like to find that after all of that work that its not completed, so I want to say I'm sorry for that! thanks for seeing him as a believable character. Sometimes I feel like I am pushing the envelope with his ignorance or for that matter, his lack of ability to keep his mouth shut. But then again, that IS InuYasha so…LOL. Yes…Launia does have to surface, doesn't she? (how would it be for her to come home to find her dead `husband' sitting in her kitchen drinking beer? LOL, that could be priceless.). you know, you are the first person to ask about Ryen and Kag's mom. Glad that someone left this and is reading between the lines. (but wait, won't that make Kag and Inu cousins if the two marry? EEP! Talk about something to antagonize InuYasha about from Sesshoumaru's stand point, that could prove interesting.) honestly, I forgot about the stupid shit-drip comment and I laughed for a LONG time over that. thanks for that! Thank you so much for your kind words and support! It's always great to see an avid fan!!
 
Thank you, everyone, from Mediaminer who came from the woodwork to help me with this problem and support me through it!!! I LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!
 
FF.net
 
Sailor Moon Eternity- thanks for the words of praise. Don't ever say, though, that you can't write like this. Don't think that, it isn't that hard, honest. Just think of something in your mind, see how it would run and just let it run. You will always be your worst critic, so don't let that stop you!! I'm sure you are a talented writer!!
 
Drac-First- I hope you got the links I emailed you with the explanations as to why I can't put `adult' material on this site, which is a bother but oh well, I guess it is the price to pay. I hope you enjoyed the story in its full form and if you had any problem, please email me, I'd be more then happy to help!
 
Toya's Gurl- Lol, I laughed so hard when I read this (and was on the phone at the same time) my friend thought I was insane. LOL. That was priceless. Sorry I left that hanging and I hope that you were pleased with the outcome (or as pleased as one can be when seeing a poor girl suffering….i guess you couldn't be. :-( Yes, Kag and Inu made up for now (come on, how long can Yash go on without messing something up?) so the car, huh? We'll see… thank you so much for the reviews!!
 
Dog_demon_ emiko- yes, soap opera much like being. Everyone loves Ryen and that elates me! I love Ryen's personality and have to write more for it, he's so much fun! Thank you so much for the wonderful thoughts and praise of the story!
 
Onnie- that was a great idea about the anonymous idea. I had no idea about that feature, I figured it was turned on. Well, it is now. thanks for the idea!!! I hope you're not upset with how it turns out, but that is still a ways down the road before we get there.
 
AnimeishDwarf- being that you posted on mediaminer, I'm going to hope that you were able to find the website okay. Yes, powerman 5000 was one of my more favorite groups for a while but I haven't heard much from them lately. So yes, great group!!! Thanks for all the support and reviews!!
 
Unseen Jade Eyed Wolf- thanks for the reviews. Glad to see you are still following the story! it makes me smile that you are!
 
Blood-tainted soul- thank you so much for the wonderful praise. A thousand reviews? I hardly see that even on the best of writers. I am humbled by your praise, thank you so much!!! I'm glad that you find this to be one of your favorite stories. Thanks!!!
 
Luke//Shaehl- yes, there was a lot of plot potential that I found with the story. I took it into some dark places but really found so many different things I could do. In the show, Sesshoumaru is…uhh…probably somewhere over 400 years old, yes, according to the third movie. Yes, Sesshoumaru is a little out of character, as are a few others, but yeah. As for writing in Microsoft word, I do…but sometimes it just doesn't catch it nor do I. thank you so much for all your reviews and praise! I try hard at keeping the lines of the characters together and keeping them in their characterizations throughout the story. I took up the idea of changing the summary and hopefully it will work better. as for Rin and Sesshoumaru, yes cursed before but now I think Sesshiles might find it a blessing, seeing how they are now and how she is now. Yeah, I can't post lime or lemon content here so I have it at Mediaminer.org that I send people to but unfortunately ff.net won't allow full links on the site. That is what it was in reference to. as for Kagome being pregnant and Inuyasha's lack of caring, it will be explained soon enough.
 
Celerus Mortis- yes, Rin is changing Fluffules for the better? as it was stated in the beginning, Sessh can't hold up his stoic defense around her. and I talked to you about Yash and the pregnant kick, and I shall be writing that in soon enough to the story to explain it. (no, not her getting pregnant). Yes, the last episode he puts one shard in his sword and can't control it. it is tainted and calls out his demon side so Kagome runs across acid to grab onto him and purifies the jewel through him then gives him her power to help blast through the stone monsters body that they are trapped in. be careful though how liberally you give out spoilers, many people don't want to know until they see it. just put a warning label on it before hand and you'll be good.
 
Fluffy one- yeah, didn't get the email so I'm not sure about the topic, which only puts me at a more confused viewpoint. Thank you so much for praise. Don't worry about almost being done, there is a lot more coming!!! Yeah, there is a lot of angst between Kag and Inu, only because of how different yet similar they are. Did I get you the links to the lemons? If not, let me know by emailing me or reviewing and I'll get it to you. Thanks for the praise, again!!
 
Punk-CSI- girl- thanks for the praise. the letters and numbers were supposed to be a link that FF.net scrambled to reach the unedited parts of the story. if you want them, just email me or leave a review stating and I'll email it to you.
 
Addanc-TSC, Miroku's-World, HellKeeper, KittyMay- Thank you all so much for your praise and continued reading of the story! it makes me smile that you guys care for the story!!
 
And as always, thanks to all of my non-reviewing community for continuing to read!!!