InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The curse of the dragon ❯ Distant Footsteps ( Chapter 53 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

~<>~ Curse of the Dragon ~<>~
 
 
~<>~ Chapter 53 ~<>~ Distant footsteps
 
 
Sesshoumaru opened the door to the mansion slowly, on his fullest guard. He could smell his bitch of a mother's scent outside the main gate and had sat Rin, against her willingness to cooperate, in the drivers seat of the Porsche, telling her that if he wasn't back in five minutes to drive to the Ryen's police station in town. It hurt to hear her screaming to him as he walked away from the car, not fully understanding what was wrong because of his lack of details. He was positive that she would stay inside the car though. Narrowing his eyes, he sniffed the air before quickly darting room to room throughout the mansion, covering the entire house in a matter of two minutes. Finally he ended up in the kitchen and grunted as he took in the sights. The refrigerator was left slightly ajar…the floor was damp and reeked of soda while a bologna sandwich sat unattended to on the counter with another can of coke. What brought Sesshoumaru's attention to full focus was the .52 pistol in the middle of the floor. Squatting down in front of it, he stared at the weapon for a moment before sniffing the air for traces of gunpowder. Very slowly the pieces of the puzzle were fitting together. What finally made the entire scenario snap into place was Ryen's cell phone sitting on the kitchen counter. He chuckled once, shaking his head, deeply regretting his absence during that confrontation. Sesshoumaru grabbed a dishtowel away from the sink and used it to pick up the gun carefully, placing it on a higher shelf to await Ryen to claim it as evidence. `She must have thought she was seeing ghosts,' he mused on his way back out to the front of the house. He heard the dull engine of the Porsche die the minute he stepped foot into the door way and a car door slam. He paused in the doorway and reframed from gulping; Rin was on a direct course heading straight for him.
 
Rin was furious, to say the least. After the traumatizing situation at the shrink's, then a horrific lunch at Wacdonalds, they had arrived back to the mansion in a tense silence. It only worsened when Sesshoumaru began growling furiously and nearly took off her car door slamming the vehicle open. Turning to Rin with blazing eyes, he had commanded, “get into the drivers seat and be ready to drive…if I'm not back in five minutes, go to Ryen's police station and wait there.” Then he left her…just like that…without any explanation. The minute she saw a glimmer of white hair, she was out of the car. `I'm going to be on him like white on rice! That insensitive jerk! After all of this, how could he just leave me in the car?' reaching her lover, she prodded him in the chest with a long index finger, “You jerk! How could you just run off like that into god knows what danger? I swear, Sesshoumaru, you really need to work on your people skills! You had me worried half to death! Now, really, what the hell was that all about?”
 
Sesshoumaru reached out and gently guided the livid human into the house to shut the door behind her. `Is this really the same girl, who a little over an hour ago, could not let go of me to save the world?' he smirked at the thought earning a deep scowl from Rin.
 
“What the hell is so funny?”
 
Sesshoumaru sighed loudly and kissed Rin's forehead, gently hushing her. “Calm yourself before get a migraine, Rin. I smelt my mother's scent…”
 
Rin paused, her face blanching, and her eyes widened, “wait…your mother? Is she here?” Rin looked around her twice and her features darkened, “let me at that wench, I swear to god…”
 
Sesshoumaru reached out and dragged Rin into a tight hug, “relax, Rin…she is not here. I do believe she got here when Ryen was here.”
 
Rin blinked twice and looked up to Sesshoumaru, “doesn't Ryen look just like…”
 
Sesshoumaru hid his grin behind his emotionless façade, “yes.”
 
Rin felt a smirk pull at her lips as she pushed her cheek into his chest, “that must have been amusing and a good sort of ironic vengeance for Ryen.”
 
Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow, “indeed.”
 
Rin pulled away from the demon and walked into the kitchen, taking the coke can from the counter and popping it open. Trying to seem as un-intrusive as she could, she had waited long enough for answers. She had prayed that Sesshoumaru would bring it up for her but he hadn't, so, stumbling across words, she nonchalantly asked, “so…what did…uhh…Dr. Yamaoto want to talk to you…about?”
 
Sesshoumaru scowled and blinked once before settling down into a chair at the kitchen table, “it is of no concern.”
 
Rin's eyebrows fused as she dropped into a chair next to him with her soda, “I beg to differ.”
 
Sesshoumaru turned to look at her for a moment before sighing, “she went over her basic off the record diagnostic.”
 
Rin felt her entire body tense with a foreboding unease, “which is?”
 
Sesshoumaru sighed and took the can away from Rin to take a sip before returning it to her hand, “she…wasn't able to properly get what she wanted to say out…because of the lack of some symptoms and the time that you have had these regressions. It isn't the adequate time frame but on the record she told me that what you have is a basic depression over the traumatic events.” He blinked once, proud of himself for avoiding the rest of the doctor's analysis of Rin's condition, `no need to stress her out more then she already is. When the doctor wants her to know, she can tell her. Until then, I will watch and annotate.' His hand unconsciously drifted to his pocket, which held the two prescriptions that he was hesitant to fill. He studied the emotions that crossed the young girls face; rage, pain, sorrow, anger, frustration, exhaustion all flickered through her eyes in a mere second.
 
Rin licked her lips and looked to the table, “is that it?”
 
`Shit.' Sesshoumaru stretched out in his chair and tapped his nails on the table, “it was what she could say on the record.”
 
Rin studied Sesshoumaru's face before frowning, “what gives then? What aren't you telling me?” she stood up suddenly, her eyes wider then normal and her heartbeat increasing rapidly, “what did she say to you that you don't want to tell me? What, am I crazy or something? Is that it?” Rin clenched her jaw sheer frustration and pounded both of her fists down onto the table. “Damnit Sesshoumaru, I have all fucking rights to know what she fucking told you!”
 
Sesshoumaru raised one eyebrow as Rin slowly began to come undone in front of him again, for the third time that day. He reached out one arm and hooked it around her waist. With a gentle and yet demanding tug, he hauled the girl around the table and into his lap. Cradling her head to his shoulder, he cooed, “calm down, Rin, before you give yourself another panic attack. The doctor suggested some basic prescriptions to help calm your nerves…”
 
Rin groaned and buried her face into his spotless black shirt, the one word that she dreaded to hear finally breeching air…finally surfacing; prescriptions. `Damnit…so I am crazy…she wants to drug me up to stop this stupid shit. I'm crazy…I'm delusional and they are going to fix me.' she grimaced as two fat tears brimmed at the corners of her eyes. She felt her mouth go dry and her voice become rasp. “No…Sesshoumaru…”
 
Sesshoumaru scowled and then kissed the top of her head loving, tracing small circles on her back with the pads of his fingers, “relax, Rin…breath.”
 
Rin took a deep breath that was interrupted by a loud sob. She tried to hold it in but it still spilled out to the silent room, and her body began to tremble once again in hysterics, “No…I'm not supposed to need…damnit, I'm not crazy…I don't need to be drugged up…”
 
Sesshoumaru rocked her silently, his eyes focusing into the wall on the far corner of the house. He sighed once as she began to calm down and rested his head against the back of the chair, “Rin…you are not crazy…I swear that to you. The drugs are simply to keep you from falling into a panic attack again. Yet I am hesitant to get them filled. I do not wish to see you become dependant on these to keep yourself calm; I don't want to see you become reliant on such a faulty idea. What do you think, Rin? Do you really think that you would need them?”
 
Rin took a deep breath then sighed, “I want to say no.”
 
Sesshoumaru sensed the missing word, “But?” Truth of the matter was that he was nearly as scared as she was. Somewhere deep inside of him a voice was yelling out to make her take the prescriptions…to make her comply with every whim of the doctor. `if it will make her better…if I never have to see her look so lost…so depressed…so alone again….' he bit back the sudden taste of bile that rose from his knotted stomach and flinched slightly. `I can only guess how hard this is for her…'
 
Rin swallowed hard and looked up at her love. `He can't even look at me…have I really messed everything up? Do I really need to be medicated? I guess I really did go off the deep end at the office. Would the drugs keep me from doing that? Would he be able to look at me again if I were sane?' she swallowed hard and closed her eyes. “If the doctor thinks I need it…and it would stop me from making an ass of myself like how I did today…”
 
Sesshoumaru looked down to the girl in his arms then pressed his lips to her forehead, “it doesn't matter how you looked today Rin. You're hurting and are hesitant to trust someone with that pain. I do not hold you at fault for that. Do not agree to take these drugs for fear of how you would look. That doesn't matter. If you feel you need them, then we shall fulfill the prescriptions.” It was how he truly felt…if she felt the need to use them then he would not stand in her way or even think of stopping her. Though he didn't believe in medications…if it would save her…if it would help ease her pain and let her gain a foothold to the problem…then so be it.
 
Rin paused, her eyes opening to stare into his amber ones. With more tears, she slowly shook her head yes, hating herself every minute. `I shouldn't need drugs to keep me okay…I shouldn't need something to make me better. Why…why did this happen? Why to me…why now?' she couldn't find a voice to air her questions, just merely soft mewed sobs that fell into her lovers arms.
 
Sesshoumaru held Rin tight against his chest, his chin resting on the crown of her head. `Of all the people in the world…of all of the lunatics and the bastards, the whores and the bitches…why Rin? Why does Rin have to suffer from this fate? If I ever get the chance to get near Naraku for even the briefest of moments…his life will be mine.'
 
Rin swallowed hard and took a sip of her soda to try to calm herself down before returning her face to Sesshoumaru's shoulder. Sesshoumaru sighed lightly and reached down to capture her cheek with one hand. Letting his fingers gently glide over her skin with a feather light touch, he stared down into her teary gray eyes. He shifted her weight and sat her facing his chest on his lap, her legs straddling his. His hand danced from her cheek to the back of her head as he gently ran his fingers through her silk like hair. He leaned forward and gave her a brief and chaste kiss on the lips. “no more tears…” he kissed the raw patches on both of her cheeks from the endless bombardment of salt water and then kissed the tip of her nose. “You cannot let this destroy you Rin. If you need to take the medication, then so be it. It will not change who you are…not to me…not to your friends.” Placing his free hand that he had lazily wrapped around her shoulders over her heart, he forced her attention to his eyes, “not in here…you will always be Rin…you will always be the wonderful bubbly girl who cares about everyone and everything around you. you will always be the girl who can look at the world without prejudice and find the best in every situation.” He ran his hand through her hair then traced his fingers down her forehead and over her nose to rest on her lips, “you will always be the girl who I fell in love with, and nothing will ever change that. Do you understand me?”
 
Rin closed her eyes to his touch, as his fingers traced over her eye lids on their path down her face. She felt her lips part only to be sealed by the tips of his fingers…the lightness and love of his touch. She leaned forward with his hand, begging for more attention. She loved when he touched her…it made her feel something…and feeling something was good. It was an improvement. For six months, she hadn't been able to feel anything; happiness was a façade, laughter came by force, smiles were a rare commodity that she stole for photos…that was until Sesshoumaru had entered her life. In the past month, she felt more alive then she had in the past year and a half. It was a good feeling. Leaning forward, she sealed her lips against his, throwing any cares of her troubles back into the thinning closet in the back of her mind. Passion over swept her body as he kissed her back, murmuring vows of love and commitment, praise and adoration. She lost herself somewhere in his lips and became a new person, as she always did in his presence…a person that she thought long lost in the dark abyss of experience…a void neglectful of innocence…. It was a world that she had been thrust into…dropped like a rock from a cliff…plummeting deeper and deeper. And yet he was her life line…he was her savior.
 
Out of the small Gucci purse that was on the table began to blare an all to familiar Ayumi Hamasaki song that made Sesshoumaru sigh deeply. Holding Rin with one hand on her shoulder, never breaking their kiss, he swatted the bag from the table like an insolent cat and growled as the music continued. Rin let out a low growl and rolled her eyes, slowly falling back into reality and hit Sesshoumaru in his shoulder before pulling back and sliding to the floor to pick up her bag. Pulling her phone from the bag with a rather deep sniffle, she blinked then stopped `Trauma' from being blared about the kitchen. Her voice was scratchy and rather flat but regardless, she still managed a rather hopefully, “hey.” `Something always comes up…always interrupts us. I so should have ignored it. Damnit…'
 
 
The voice echoed back through the tiny silver device loud enough for Sesshoumaru to hear without the use of his demon senses. Though the teen sounded happy, Sesshoumaru could hear the worry and sympathy that collided like atoms in the girl's voice, making him begin to wonder just what his baka brother had done now. “Hey Rin…how is everything going?”
 
Rin glanced up at Sesshoumaru then licked her lips slowly, savoring the remaining taste of him from her lips. “It's going…what's up Kagome?”
 
There was a long pause before the voice bounced back, “I wanted to see how you are doing and to see if Sesshoumaru would drive you down here for play tryouts.”
 
Rin gasped and shot her head up to stare at the calendar that hung on the far wall of the kitchen. “Kuso! I completely forgot we were doing those today. Kag…can I try out tomorrow?” she shifted her knees to rest under her as she pressed the phone between her shoulder and her ear to begin picking up random items that had fallen from her bag. “i…I'm not sure…if I can do it today.”
 
Kagome was silent for another moment before cautiously adding, “Come on Rin…it can do you good to get out of the house. Just come down once schools over…”
 
Rin grimaced then set her purse back onto the table with a warning glower at Sesshoumaru. Her mind slowly wheeled in possible excuses. `It's not that I don't want to be in the play…but I don't know if I can be there today. I don't know if I can be in that building….' She sighed and ran a hand over her face, “Kagome…”
 
Rin could just about see the doe eyes Kagome was throwing her from the other end of the wire. “Please Rin…look…just get out of the house…it will only be for two hours. Fresh air can do wonders.”
 
Rin sighed and slumped her shoulders. `If I wait until tomorrow, then I will be wound up about the doctors appointment tomorrow afternoon….' She sighed again and nodded slowly, “Fine… you win.”
Kagome had to have been grinning like the Cheshire cat at that moment from the school. “Good, I'm glad. Thank you, Rin….” there was an awkward pause before Kagome continued, “just…uhh…come down to the chorus room for like 2 o'clock and we'll all walk over to the auditorium together. Sesshoumaru can come, since I know he would anyway…and I know InuYasha isn't fond of the idea but I miss that baka…can you bring him too?”
 
Sesshoumaru's ears perked at that statement as he exchanged confused looks with Rin. Rin clamped her bottom lip between her teeth and slowly stated, “Kag…he's not…with us. He…went to school this morning, didn't he?” she looked to Sesshoumaru who scoffed and muttered, “I am not my brother's keeper” though Rin could see the concern that manifested in his eyes.
 
Kagome let a short gasp slip through the phone before clearing her throat. “you mean…he didn't go with you to the doctors?”
 
Rin narrowed her eyes, “No…but how did you know that I…”
 
Kagome quickly snapped back, “We stopped at the mansion to see if everything was okay…we were worried.”
 
Rin fused her eyebrows and licked her lips, “so if he isn't at school….”
 
Kagome all but rapidly said, “Look, I got to go. I'll see you at two. Bye.”
 
The line went dead and Rin stared at the phone for a moment before snapping it shut and putting it back into her purse. She sat for a moment on the floor before looking to Sesshoumaru, “where do you think he is?”
 
Sesshoumaru merely shook his head. `Baka…didn't I warn him?'
 
~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~*
 
InuYasha sat on the end of the bed, dressed only in a pair of black boxers that reached to the middle of his knee and hung loosely around his hips. He tapped his fingers on the bed, annoyed at the lack of cable in the cheap room. He threw a glance back into the bathroom to the drenched clothes that hung from the shower curtain and sneered. `Nothing to do…nowhere to go; I feel like a fucking caged rabbit.' He shook his head, once again spattering the walls with a new wave of water from his hair, that cascaded like a white waterfall around his shoulders and down his back, lying flat and soaked. He felt like he would never be dry. He grimaced when a rather loud growl pieced the room's silence and glanced towards his stomach. `Shit, I'm hungry. Ain't like I can march into a restaurant though…ain't dressed for the matter nor do I have any extra cash.' Truth of the matter was that he used his savings…the money he had left from dealing pot from four months ago…to get to Kyushu. Now he was broke. Granted, he had his ATM card but what good would it do without funds? With a loud curse, he stood and walked back into the bathroom and peeled on the wet clothes, taking a few moments to pull the soaked jeans up his bare legs. He could hardly keep from shivering from the frigid material. `Fucking shoot me if I ever do this shit again.' he shook his head and picked up his cell phone, snapping it open to gaze at the LCD screen. `Thirty-two missed calls…thirty of them Kagome. Shit she is going to kill me when I get home.' He grimaced as his finger hovered over the call button. `If I call her…which I should…she'll chew me out and probably won't believe me when I say where I am. She'll probably think I'm out getting myself fucked up with Bankotsu and Hiten. Bastards…why did they disappear when I did? Shit! She's going to shit bricks, I know she is.' he paced a few steps then tugged on his wet black shirt. With a deep scowl, he snapped his phone shut and thrust it into his pocket. `I'll call her tonight, when I'm not soaking wet and hungry…when I'm less agitated. Maybe then I will be able to give her the right answers.' And yet another voice rang louder in his mind, `Right answers? Yeah…right…what are those? The fact that you were to scared to tell her you wanted to see your mother; the fact that you are afraid of where your relationship is going with her? The fact that your scared shitless of commitment? You could face a thousand Youkai before you could face a wedding alter, and you know that is what Kagome wants. Admit it. You're a coward.'
 
InuYasha grabbed the room key and slid his feet into his soaked shoes with a scowl. He shut the door behind him and took off running through the rain to the convenient store next door to the motel. He stopped at the ATM machine with a loud huff of air and slid his card into the slot. `Maybe I'll have an extra thousand yen to get a burger at least. Damn fucking prices of tourist food.' He waited patiently for the balance reading to fill out, drumming his fingers on the bland white plastic machine, and once it did, his eyes widened as his jaw slacked. “1,071,664 yen*, how the fuck did that happen? Holy shit…holy shit!” he slammed his hand into the machine with a shit-eating grin plastered onto his face. “Holy fuck, I'm set!” he fisted the air and withdrew thirty two thousand Yen, enough to make sure that he got some new clothes and some decent food. After he got the money, he paused and stared at the cash in his hands. A very small smile crossed his face as a new emotion filtered in his eyes. It was an expression he hadn't felt since his mother died…a rationalization that maybe there was still some hope left in the world…left in his family. Clutching the money through a closed fist he bowed his head to his chin, “thanks Ryen.”
 
With a rather toothy grin to the store owner, InuYasha shoved his way out of the store and began to stroll down the main shopping center of town, letting his eyes travel from the windows of store to store. Finally stopping in one that reminded him of the American mall chain of `hot topics', InuYasha pushed open the door to find him some dry clothes. Anything was better then being soaked, right? Well…a pair of baggy black cargo pants with a long silver link chain draping from his front pocket to the back, one overly large black tee shirt with the punisher skull dripping in white that clung to his chest advertising his built frame, a black Akira hat situated backwards on his head and a pair of mirrored sun glasses with an overly large black trench coat later, along with twenty two thousand yen, he walked out of the store a dry and happy camper. Granted, he got wet again the minute he stepped foot into the rainy miserable night, yet this time he had a coat…and weather appropriate clothes. He dashed down the street towards a local restaurant …or more so be stated, a bar. Standing outside of the establishment, he paused for a moment before entering, his eyes drifted to the dark alley leading behind the bar…and alley he knew all to well. He cringed as another flashback worked its way into his mind. It was as if he was simply watching the figures dashing about in front of him…fighting to what felt like a to the death battle…running around him…through him. He felt like time stopped as he watched the young boys fight gang style and the point in his life where he knew he was up shits creek.
 
<I>InuYasha had followed the scent of food deep into the center of town…it had a way of luring him away from the center…away from his stepmother who he was supposed to be waiting for in the car, like the dog he was. The scent was enthralling…like an Elven hymn in the middle of a dense forest that wound its way through ones ears, enrapturing and capturing the listener. He wanted more…he needed more. He needed food. He had been without it for nearly four days…and was lucky, so claimed Launia, that he was given water. His half brother, the all mighty bastard that he already hated, had snuck him a couple pieces of bread for dinner and yet thought he gesture was courteous, had thrown them at the boy with a look of disgust etched upon his face. Sesshoumaru, who was thirteen, didn't want the eleven-year-old hanyou there nearly as much as InuYasha hadn't wanted to be there in the first place. Yet there was nowhere else for him to be. Now he was starving…and the scent of food was to good to pass up. Running through the streetlight lit sidewalks of the center plaza of Beppu city, InuYasha found himself standing in front of a restaurant with his stomach rumbling in content. He needed to eat…and the scent of the food was intoxicating. He sniffed once, wiping his mouth with the back of his hand and walked towards the door to the restaurant. That's when he heard the first thud…followed by a loud yelp and the laughter of two boys. It was coming from the dark abyss of the black alley. InuYasha peeked around the building, his white gritty hair cascading around him, enclosing his wild golden eyes. He could just about make out three figures, mostly due to his demon senses, two of which were towering over a fallen boy who was crumpled on the floor like a rag doll. The taller of the two figures gave the fallen boy a hard and swift kick in the ribs and screamed something that sounded to InuYasha like, “you fuck with us and we kill you, got it punk? You ain't going to see the light of day again!” InuYasha wrinkled his nose and looked back to the door of the building, his conscious beginning to weigh heavily in his decision. Go through the door and beg for food or help the boy in the alley and maybe score some cash. He took a step towards the door then heard the beaten boy yelp again as another voice pieced the night, sounding rather feminine, “you shit head, we'll kill you this time!”
 
InuYasha sighed; running a hand through his hair, he turned on his heels and ran down the alley. Picking up a pipe that lay dormant on the ground, he screamed, “Leave him alone! He's already down! Pick on someone your own size!”
 
Instantly two sets of eyes were burning holes through his face. Sniffing the air delicately, he was relieved to realize the fact that they were both human…he could handle a nigen, couldn't he? He dug his claws into the pipe before throwing it at the two, effectively making them back up from the body of the boy. The pipe collided with the one shorter boys knee and he howled in pain, falling down next to the beaten boy. The taller one took a step towards the other then turned on InuYasha, his aqua eyes glowing with hatred, “fucker, who the fuck do you think we are? You just signed your own death warrant, you piece of shit!” That started the fight. The taller of the two boys lunged at InuYasha, attempting to tackle him around the knees. InuYasha jumped over his body and kicked the boy in the back of the head before landing. As his feet touched down, he thrust forward and collided his fist with the boys jaw, hearing a thickening crack of bone. The boy yelped then stood again, and rushed him. They fought…furiously…for what felt like an eternity. InuYasha was more toying with the human, and got in more painful blows then the lethargic ones that the human bestowed upon him. The other boy, whose knee InuYasha thought he had broken, joined the fight again, yet was less quick to hit him. Instead, his eyes kind of glazed over when moonlight illuminated the scene. He made a face then smiled brightly, “do I have to hurt him...look at him...ohh…Kawaii…look at his ears…”
 
InuYasha scowled and paused for a moment, his eyes widening. `Is this guy nuts? He is a guy, right? He sounds…kind of….' Before he could finish his thought, a thickening crack bellowed through his ears and he felt red-hot pain explode in his back. Dropping to his knees, he braced himself on his hands and growled, spitting up a wad of phlegm and forcing back the tears that gathered in his eyes. The taller of the two had managed to grab the pipe and smashed it over his spine. InuYasha grunted as the boy's foot collided with his abdomen and sent him hurtling backwards into the buildings brick wall. He grunted as a hand wrapped around his neck and lifted him from the floor. “I should kill you, you little ingrate!”
 
It was at that moment that the light really gave him a good look at his opponents. They weren't much older then him in truth. The one who was holding him against the wall might have been a year or two older; at most, the other seemed the same age. The boy seemed to have the same thoughts and scowled when he looked at him. InuYasha took the advantage of time and grunted while kicking the human in any male's most sensitive spot…right between the legs. Dropping to the ground, he kicked the boy in the face, sending him hurtling back. That's when the sound that InuYasha loathed broke the grunts and primordial growls that had so far filled the night; the clicking of a gun barrel. InuYasha spun around to face the more feminine boy, who was holding a pistol at him. InuYasha gulped and backed against the wall, ready to jump up. He held up his hands and lowered his ears to his head. The other boy seemed to pause, his eyes flickering to InuYasha's ears. Then it happened. There was a crackle of electricity in the night air and it rained lightening. InuYasha took cover over the small overhang of the building, his eyes wide as the two boys jolted in convulsions from the free flowing energy. When it was over, the boy who they had attacked stepped out of the darkness, a sadistic smile placed on his young face, his red eyes begging for more blood shed. He looked insane…and he was rightfully so. He grinned at InuYasha and jogged four steps to stand next to him. “Thanks guy…the two fuckers jumped me. Showed them, didn't I?” he looked over InuYasha and scowled, “come on, bastard, lets kill them and I'll treat you to diner. You look starved.”
 
InuYasha swallowed hard and stared at the man's delusional red eyes. “Uhh…look, I jumped in to help you out…not to kill anyone. If that's what you're gonna do, I'm going to have to stop you.”
 
A shrill shriek of laughter echoed from behind the two boys, as they turned to face both the two boys, singed and angry, staring at the two. The older of the two, the one with aqua eyes and a long black braid, threw his head back and laughed like a manic into the night air. After a prolonged minute, he calmed down and stared at the others, “you're a good fighter kid…are you new here?” He pretended to move towards InuYasha to attack, thrusting his chest forward yet InuYasha didn't flinch. A dangerous look of tainted admiration crossed the boys face. “You're a good fighter…both of you…”
 
InuYasha shifted his weight as he assessed the situation. The demon next to him didn't seem to pleased to find the humans on their feet, and the leader of the two seemed to be clinically insane. `Is that a trend in this city?' InuYasha shoved his hands into his cargo pockets and shrugged, “Thanks…I…uhh…I taught myself…”
 
The older boy laughed again and walked to the two. “Normally people can't even fuckin hit me once…let alone kick my ass to hell and back. Not half bad…not good…but not fuckin half bad. What's your name?”
 
InuYasha chewed on his tongue for a moment, contemplating if he should really answer that question. Finally he figured, `what can I lose?' and tried to look as calm as he could, “InuYasha.”
 
The boy nodded twice and looked to the other boy who had unruly hair and masochistic blue eyes. “He's good…what do you think Jakotsu?”
 
Jakotsu licked his lips and looked InuYasha over very slowly, his eyes hungry with…need? InuYasha shivered, suddenly not liking the situation. “I think he's god.”
 
InuYasha and the demon exchanged glances of strong disgust and backed away slowly. “Look…that's…uhh…nice and all…but I'm…really…not like that. I'm just gonna go…”
 
The older of the two shot forward and pushed his way between the boys, draping his arms over each. “I think…both of you…could be great assets to my gang. Granted, we go by the name Shichinin-tai, but I'm sure we can change that.”
 
InuYasha blanched and grit his teeth together. Being embraced by a man who was trying to kill you was not an every day thing for the hanyou. “I…uhh…don't think….”
 
The boy winked at him and pulled the two youths forwards, walking from the alley and into the bar, cutting InuYasha off before he could finish his thought. “Good, cause you don't need to. My name is Bankotsu, and I am the ring leader of the operation.”
 
The other demon swallowed what sounded to be his tonsils and spit back with a rather arrogant tone, “you can call me Hiten, I am one of the magnificent Thunder Brothers….” He paused for a moment then shrugged off the leaders arm. “you fuckers attack me and you want me to join your gang? Not doing…” he pushed away and brought up his fists, “hey, InuYoyo, I think we need to really put this asswipe in his place…preferably six feet in the ground.”
 
InuYasha swallowed, just about feeling the heat of anger radiating off of the other human. He reminded him oddly of Sesshoumaru when he was pissed…and that wasn't cool. InuYasha knew that the human was a good fighter, and if this Hiten kid wanted a fight, he wasn't going to intervene again. His eyes flickered over to the weirdo standing by the entrance to the pub; his eyes locked onto the ears the rested on the top of Yash's head. InuYasha quickly assessed his options: stop the two boys from fighting and save lives or let them fight and be left alone with the crazy jackalope or whatever his name was…that was looking at him like he was thanksgiving diner. InuYasha sucked in a deep breath and pushed his way between the two bickering kids. “Look, guys…I'm not one for peace but I really think all of us can get along. We're like the same age and stuff…so why not give it a try. Besides, your friend is creeping me out and I really don't want to be left alone with him.
 
Bankotsu paused and looked at Jakotsu who seemed to be in his own little world, one hand in front of his body waving like a fool at the half demon. He shuddered and gave InuYasha a sympathetic look, “sorry bout him…he's my cousin…and kind of nuts.”
 
Hiten grinned madly and leaned towards InuYasha, “I think he has the hots for you, baby…go say hi…” he shoved InuYasha's back towards Jakotsu and a mew of fright burst from the hanyou's lips. He moved quickly, sending Hiten face first into the ground.
 
InuYasha grabbed the boy by his thin braid and looked him dead in the eyes, “first off, I ain't like that, second, never touch me and third, unless you want to become intimately friendly with our resident yaoi boy, I suggest you keep your hentai thoughts to yourself. Got it?”
 
Hiten nodded then got another face full of mud.
 
InuYasha stood up, wiping his hands on his pants then looked to Bankotsu, “I'm in until my wench of a step mother finds me. Then there will be hell.”
 
Bankotsu threw his hand towards Yash and laughed, “Fuck that shit…the bitch doesn't stand a chance against us. We're as bad as they come, Yash, so get over it. She can't touch you once you're with us.”
 
Hiten stood up, wiping the mud off of his face and leaned back, crossing his thin arms. “so…if we join…I ain't changing my name. I get the `otsu' thing you guys have going but I'd rather hang myself before being called hitotsu.”
 
Bankotsu shrugged and laughed loudly, “Whatever, bastard…lets get some damn food.”
 
InuYasha sniffed the air, his unquenched hunger returning with a vengeance. He swallowed hard and spit out, “look, I don't care whom the fuck you are or what the hell you want. I honestly don't care if you're Mary of Tudor. What I do care about is that I'm starving. Get me some food and we can talk.”</I>
 
InuYasha blinked the memory from his eyes and scowled, pushing his way into the tavern. That was the first time he had a run in with the boys…and they were nearly inseparable after that. He was gone from the mansion, free from Launia and Sesshoumaru for nearly three weeks at that point. Those weeks were dangerous to say the least; it was the first time in his life that he felt free…that he felt like he belonged. With the seven bastards that Bankotsu somehow managed to control, called the Shichinin-tai, and Hiten, the nine of them were unstoppable. People ran to get out of their way when they walked down the street…people feared them, muttered their names when they walked by; cops followed them, begging the boys to act out of line to simply be able to arrest them on the spot. They drank and smoked pot…they robbed and looted the poorer stores of the community. They harassed the tourists, spied on the girls in the hot springs. They got into fights with older boys…hung around schools to pick fights to simply smash heads in the name of `bad ass'. The older boys; Renkotsu, Mukotsu, Suikotsu, Kyokotsu and Ginkotsu were all sadistic on their own accord and ranged in ages. They had girls around them at all times, entertaining those willing and those who weren't. For some reason, they flocked to Bankotsu whenever he opened his mouth, seemingly obsessed and hung on his every word. InuYasha never really asked why the hung with him, he was just appeased to have friends.
 
InuYasha shook his head and sat down at the bar, ordering a giant helped of Ramen and oden to follow up. Even though he got a weird look, they still carried it in stock. The bar tender though, made life suddenly more complicated when his brown eyes locked onto the golden ones. A loud squeal pierced the air and InuYasha felt his ears flatten to the top of his head under his hat. `Shit.' He closed his eyes, wishing himself invisible for the moment. Maybe if he pretended to be oblivious, the bastard would disappear. No such luck.
 
“InuYasha…Tashio, InuYasha, is that you?” another squeal followed, “if I had known you would be here, I would have gotten dressed up.” two hands planted themselves in front of him on the bar and InuYasha popped open one eye. To say Jakotsu had let himself go would be an insult…but he sure as hell didn't look any better. His black hair was in a messy bun, splurging out over his shoulders in different parts, and was held up by a pair of chopsticks. His bangs clouded his forehead as he leered at the hanyou out from under them seductively. His blue eyes still were menacing and terrifying, as they were the first time he had met the boy, and now he had two long purple slashes tattooed under them. He gave InuYasha a flighty grin and twisted one strand of his hair around his finger, “so, Inu hunk, what brings you out here?” he gasped and put one hand to his mouth, “did you come here to see me?”
 
InuYasha felt himself sneer as he quickly knocked back the bottle of beer he had been nursing. His eyes widened as Jakotsu held out a hand towards ears and quickly sat back. With two flailing arms, InuYasha realized his mistake when the bar stool flipped backwards on him and put him back first onto the cement floor. “Kuso…”
 
Jakotsu gasped and hurdled over the bar to drop to the side of the fallen hanyou and tried to help him up. InuYasha merely backpedaled across the floor from the boy and jumped to his feet, holding his hands in front of him incase the wench attacked again. Jakotsu giggled and looked over InuYasha very carefully…almost inspecting. “You look good, Inu babe…have you been working out?” he reached out for Inu's arm and Yash jumped back again, his back firmly hitting the back. Then came the sweat.
 
InuYasha swallowed hard and managed a fleeting smile. If there were one creature on the face of the planet that he could honestly say he was afraid of, it would be Jakotsu. He felt a tiny bead of perspiration drip from his brow as the boy approached. A voice in the back of Inuyasha's mind managed to snicker while calling out, `this is how Kagome must have felt with you stalking her in the beginning. How does it feel, InuYasha?' he cringed, `shut up you, or I'll poke you with a q-tip!' he blinked back to reality with enough time to dodge an anticipated hug from the other boy. He began the game again of stumbling backwards. `Man…he reminds me of Michael Jackson! Holy shit does he!' he grabbed the bottle of beer when he passed by it again and gave Jakotsu another fake smile, “look, it's been…well…It's been but I gotta run…you just…stay here!” InuYasha was never one to run from battle…but one of this magnitudes; he ran like a scared little kid. Reaching the doors, he realized he was almost free. That was until Jakotsu's voice broke the stagnant air.
 
“Are you here with Bankotsu?”
 
InuYasha shook his head and opened the door, taking another sip of the alcohol. The fuck that weirdo would ruin this drink at least.
 
“Have you seen him?”
 
InuYasha sighed and looked back at the boy and froze. Jakotsu suddenly looked serious…and for Jakotsu to be serious, something had to be wrong. He knew he would regret pausing but he did it regardless. “Yeah, the fucker moved into Tokyo to annoy me with jackass. Why, what's up?”
 
Jakotsu's eyes lightened for a moment from the dark clam that had overwhelmed him and he sighed in relief, “well…the others…from when we used to be the Shichinin-tai are kind of after him. Something about he owes them money. They come here every now and then to check in…and I was worried when he disappeared. Thought maybe he was at the bottom of the cliffs or something.”
 
InuYasha sighed deeply, knowing that Jakotsu was always close with his blood cousin, regardless of what Bankotsu did. He sighed and ran a face over his face and shrugged, “if I see him when I get back, I'll tell him to drop you a line.”
 
Jakotsu smiled and looked over InuYasha again, sizing him up and swaggered two steps closer, “well…if he's with you in Tokyo, I might just have to move out there. I always thought we had some chemistry…you and those cute ears…god I would just love to hear you scream…”
 
InuYasha's eyes widened as he backed out the door, “look, freak, the order still stands; you come within ten feet of me and I'll kill you! No holds bar!”
 
Jakotsu's smile fell from his face when the door slammed shut behind the hanyou. He pouted for a moment before sighing happily and humming while he walked back to the bar. `He still looks good…damn….' His eyes flashed to a tiny silver object on the middle of his establishment's floor and he picked it up carefully. His eyes widened with a rather sadistic pleasure when he realized what it was; Inuyasha's cell phone.
 
~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
 
Kagome shoved her bottom lip between her teeth as she listened to Aayme try out for the musical from behind the main stage door. She was singing a very well done rendition of `Popular' from the American Broadway show Wicked. Kagome giggled listening to the words that fit the young girl so...well… perfectly. She just could picture Aayme prancing around the stage, her bright red hair in pigtails that bounced with each step. She knew the songs from the musical well, actually, and knew that there was no better song to fit Aayme. The quick up-tempo beats…the happy go lucky air about the song, and the nicely phrased sayings, such as, “don't be offended by my frank analysis…just think of it as personality dialysis.” Kagome sighed and let her head roll back, wishing away the ache in her neck. She wanted the part of Sandra Dee…she would admit that to anyone who asked. She was nervous, though, over the act of getting it…she was nervous about being able to kiss another guy on stage…she was worried about InuYasha. `InuYasha.' She blinked away the rapidly forming tears with sheer will power and took a deep breath. `He's fine, he's just…missing…but he's fine. He'll be back from wherever tonight with empty apologies and flowers…and I'll throw them in his face and tell him to go to hell.' She swallowed hard and pressed her forehead to the wooden door. `But what if he doesn't come back…what if I did it…what if I finally scared him off?'
 
A hand landed on her shoulder and she turned quickly to find another panicked face…someone who looked almost as nervous as she did. Sango. Kagome felt a small grin spread to her face as she sniffed up her tears. “What's the matter Sango?”
 
Sango's eyes widened as she looked around then asked in a hushed voice, “can you…uhh…do me a favor?”
 
Kagome creased her eyebrows and nodded sternly, “sure…what's up?”
 
Sango blanched further and twiddled her fingers together, trying to form her words. After a long moment, she thrust down her hands and screamed back, “I can' t do it. Kagome, this isn't my thing…I just can't! I love you all but I can't get up there and make an ass of myself. You know I can't sing and I won't…I just won't.”
 
Kagome laughed and hugged her frazzled friend. “Calm down, girl, you're to worked up. Take a deep breath and everything will be fine.”
 
Sango shook her head, “no…see…Miroku agreed to join cause I did and he is in line to try out! He'll kill me if I back out and he doesn't!”
 
Kagome bit her lip and nodded quickly, “I can see your point…but what can I do?”
 
Sango smiled helplessly and let her eyes cast towards the floor, “tell him I already tried out and had to go…get Kohaku…just a small white lie, nothing important. Tell him I went before you did! He'll be here in a half hour…he has detention with Oyuasmi-sensei for the comments in math.”
 
Kagome laughed loudly at the thought and then frowned, “Sango…you're a good singer…and I know you would be a great Rizzo.”
 
Sango shook her head, tears nearly welling in her eyes, “I can't.”
 
Kagome sighed and draped her arm over Sango's shoulders, “you're lucky I'm your best friend.”
 
Sango squealed and hugged Kagome to a near point of strangulation. “I love you, I love you, I love you! Thank you so much Kagome-chan…now I'm going to bolt. Just…call me later.”
 
Kagome laughed again as Sango shot like a bullet out of the school doors. She heard a few growls and saw a flash of silver hair on Sango's direct chosen course and she held her breath. Her eyes widened as her heart skipped a beat. “Inu…”
 
Sesshoumaru pushed through the doors with Rin at his heels, both cursing lightly, and Kagome's smile fell. Sesshoumaru regarded the look on her face for a moment before sighing and shaking his head. “What did my baka brother do now? Have you heard from him?”
 
Kagome shook her head no while struggling again with her attempts not to cry. “I'm worried…”
 
Rin shot over to Kagome's side and hugged her. “Don't worry, Kagome, you'll be fine! He'll surface and we'll beat the shit out of him, how's that sound?”
 
Kagome laughed lightly and nodded in agreement, “I like it.”
 
Sesshoumaru leaned down and planted a kiss on Rin's forehead before walking into the auditorium to watch the tryouts. It would be bitterly cold and happy day in hell before he would even let the first glimmer of a thought of trying out for such a ridiculous function cross his mind…and yet if Rin wanted to do it, that was her own fault. He would support her and attend the practices with her…but let the teacher speak one word out of line to him…. Sesshoumaru planted himself into a cold plastic blue chair and crossed his arms, reclining back to watch the kids make Asses of themselves.
 
After Aayme finished her rendition of `Popular', which seemed to do well with Kenchi, Kagome belted out a wonderful revision of the song `I will be there for you', by Jessica Andrews. Her nervousness was unsettling for the Tai-Youkai, as was seeing her stumble over the words at the opening. Her hands shook and she sweat profusely under the florescent lights. Her opening tune was slightly off…she was two steps behind the self-inflicted tempo she set for herself. But come the first chorus part, her eyes were shining as she sung loudly and hit the notes perfectly in pitch. Sesshoumaru didn't need to be a genius to understand the distant look in her eyes and silently cursed his brother for not being present to see the look on her face. It was one of pure love…one of loyalty and of admiration…one of thanks and one of praise. It was her declaration to stay by his brother's side and he was absent to hear it. Sesshoumaru rolled his eyes as the girl finished the song with a teary high note. Those who had gathered into the auditorium gave her a standing ovation and she grinned, despite the hurt that lingered in her eyes. She plopped down next to Sesshoumaru, who gave her a flash of a sympathetic frown and patted her shoulder. She rested her back against him and watched the others. Next came Kikyo, who grinned wickedly at Kagome and did a rather blatantly seductive and suggestive rendition of `Whatever Lola Wants' from Damn Yankees. The way she turned her body and touched herself while singing made even Sesshoumaru squirm uncomfortably in his chair and thankfully Kenchi cut her off shortly after she began. She joined the audience crowd to watch the rest. Next came some girls and guys who were faceless figures to Kagome while she fingered the phone in her pocket, begging for it to ring. Occasionally, she would sigh sadly, losing herself to the blatant curiosity as to where InuYasha was or what he was doing at that very moment.
 
Kagome was thrown back into reality when Miroku took the stage. With wide eyes and sweaty hands, he did a really well performed version, with Rin and Shippo's help, of `One Jump' from Aladdin. Rin and the kitsune laughed while doing a multitude of voices to fill the gaps of the other characters. Miroku finished with a giant sigh and a graceful bow, and then promptly fell off the stage with a misplaced foot. Rin helped him up and down to a seat before returning to the line up. Shippo tried out, more for the part of a T-Bird, as did Souta, to Rin's shock. Kagome seemed just as taken back until Karron was shoved blindly onto stage by an unseen foe. Kagome laughed and clapped through many of the auditions, though her heart hardly in it. Hojo even tried out for the role of Danny…yet failed miserably at singing. `He was never really that good,' Kagome thought with a sympathetic scowl. `Poor kid can't carry a tune.' Kagome's attention returned to the stage and her heart stopped at the next contestant.
 
Kouga swaggered out from one end of the curtain and took a small bow before announcing he would be doing an English song. Without any more detail, someone clicked on the musical accompaniment of the song and he was so far the only actor using such a prop. Kagome could feel her blood turning to ice when he set his cobalt blue eyes on her and began to sing a very familiar song by a group known as 98 degrees. Kagome's mouth went dry as his eyes burned into hers as he readied himself to sing. His eyes were demanding, hard pressed…they buried images into Kagome's mind that made her shiver. He winked once at her as the beat picked up and licked his lips slowly. He held out his left arm, one finger pointing directly at Kagome, and began to sing:
 
<I><center>“I look at you
And I can see you wanting more
Inside your eyes
Are telling me what you're looking for”</center></I>
 
 
He walked across the stage like a damn performer, his voice rallying any English musician…he could take any one of them for a run for their money any day. His voice was like silk; smooth and fluid…soft and delicate…and yet bone chilling and demanding. He could have any girl swooning at his feet at that moment. Pulling in his outstretched hand that waved about with his magical words, he put a hand to his heart and stared straight at Kagome.
 
 
<I><center>“A love that's true
Someone that you can lean on
To pull you through
Well Baby I'll be the one</center></I>
 
 
Kagome felt her face flush as he jumped off the stage and slowly walked towards her. Trying to become a part of the plastic she sat on, she pushed herself more into Sesshoumaru's shoulder as the wolf demon approached. `He's kidding, right? I mean, this boy can't be so dense as to hit on me in front of my boyfriend's brother…and his ex's new boyfriend, can he? I mean…it's all a sick joke, right?' she grimaced when she met his eyes; the look inside of them was anything but playful.
 
<Cetner><I>I wanna be the one in your life
I wanna be the one by your side
Oh, baby you should be mine”</center></I>
 
 
Somewhere to her right, Kagome heard Miroku choke on his soda and begin muttering between gasps, “you've got to be kidding me,” and, “keep it in your pants, Kouga!” Kagome cracked a smile at the last one but was pushed back into her chair when Kouga kneeled down in front of her. Her eyes widened as he placed a hand on hers and gave her a heart-melting smile. He ignored the growling Youkai to his right and sang the enchanting melody that showcased for the world to see his desire for the human female…his pledge to help her…to steal her away from InuYasha.
 
<center><I>Don't want us to make a mistake
Don't ever want to see your heart break
I can't let you go this time
Oh, baby you should be mine”</I></center>
 
 
Kagome swallowed hard as Kouga opened his mouth to go another line, leaning closer to her as his eyes widened. A foot interrupted the wolf demon's serenade as Sesshoumaru pushed his heel into Kouga's right shoulder and shoved him backwards away from Kagome. He had half a mind to finish what he had started so many weeks back with the wolf demon…breaking every bone in his body sounded pleasurable…but he forewent his endeavors for the knowledge that his brother would rip him apart limb by limb, if he ever returned home.
 
Kouga jumped to his feet and made to lunge at Sesshoumaru. Rationalization surged across his face and he backed off with two hands up and his head bowed. `Smart boy,' thought Kagome. She turned and mouthed `thank you' to Sesshoumaru before Kouga returned to stage and shut off his music. Kenchi seemed a little distressed but refused to confront the tai-Youkai about the issue. Kouga grumbled as he dropped into a seat in the audience to watch the last performer; Rin.
 
Very carefully and nearly timidly Rin immerged on stage and gave a short curtsey before announcing she would be performing `No Good Deed Goes Unpunished' from the play Wicked. She did the song acapella…but she didn't need backup. She didn't need music behind her words…she didn't need anything but her body language and her crystal clear voice. She belted out the song, her head held high and her eyes full of emotion. The song touched something inside of her…a fear maybe…a hidden darker view of life. The notes that she was able to reach…that she held for over fifteen seconds rang without question throughout the auditorium and the hallways of the school. Had she of tried out for the play, Kagome quickly assessed, on Broadway, she would have easily have stolen the part. Her voice…the way she was able to pitch her voice, was perfect. Hearing her sing `fields of innocence' was nothing in comparison to this. This…this was spectacular…this was amazing…this was theater quality sound. There was a long pause when she finished the last note…one of the three `wowzers' of the song before clapping broke like a wave on a rocky cliff. People stood and shouted, screamed and ranted. To know that someone from his or her school could sound like that, in English, was elating.
 
Kagome stole a glance at Sesshoumaru briefly and nearly gasped. His eyes were wide in shock, and he was smiling towards the young girl. There was such a look of admiration in his eyes…such a look of pride…that Kagome felt tears welling in her eyes. She smiled widely and hugged Rin as she dashed towards her lover. Kagome backed up almost immediately and laughed as Rin launched herself into Sesshoumaru's arms. Kagome felt her smile slide from her face as she watched their lips connect with a passion that she missed. She suddenly felt cold, lonely…as if she had stood alone in the rain for hours on end. She wrapped her arms around her body and stepped outside of the auditorium and broke out her cell phone. She had tried to call InuYasha over fifty times that day, what was one more? Hitting the redial button, she smiled slightly when it rung a second time. `Maybe…maybe there is hope…' the smile instantly died on her lips when a woman's voice snapped through her earpiece, “who the fuck is this and why do you keep calling my man's cell phone?”
 
Kagome grabbed the wall; nearly afraid she was going to fall over and cringed. “I'm sorry…maybe I have the wrong number.” `Yes, that has to be it. Somehow, my number to reach Yash was messed up.' she swallowed down the bile that had risen in the back of her throat and called out raspy, “I'm trying to reach InuYasha Tashio…”
 
There was a pause and a rather gruff, “who the fuck are you?”
 
Kagome felt her heart stop. It just stopped in her chest, mid beat. She snapped back with as much attitude as she could throw in, “his fucking girlfriend, who the hell is this?”
 
A rather sadistic laugh followed…one that sent chills up Kagome's spine. Tears overflowed her eyes as she thought of all of the possibilities to explain what was going on. `He really did have someone else back in Kyushu…he left me to go back. Is it that Kara person? Does she really have his kid?'
 
The voice answered after a moment, “look, sweetie…Inu baby and his Kawaii ears are mine, so don't go trippin over him. He's been mine for a damn long time and there isn't shit you can do about it. He doesn't know he loves me but damnit, he does! So you tell that hunk of man that Jakotsu has his phone and if he wants it back, he has to come find me and we'll talk about what it will cost him. And keep those skanky hands of yours off his ears, got me? They are mine!” there was another bout of hysterical laughter and Kagome snapped her phone closed, her eyes wider then she could ever remember them being. She felt lightheaded and the vision began to blur in front of her eyes.
 
“Exhale Kagome and breath.”
 
Kagome didn't even realize she had really let out a breath since the phone call began. Exhaling deeply, she staggered forward only to have her arm caught by Sesshoumaru `s firm grasp. She placed a hand on her knee, breathing deeply as tears streamed down her cheek.
 
Sesshoumaru watched her carefully before sighing and taking the cell phone from her hand. He looked to the last call and growled deeply. “What did my baka brother do now? How does he always manage to make his mate cry?”
 
Kagome sniffed once and dropped to sit on the floor, her eyes wide and still unblinking. “I called…but it wasn't him…who answered.”
 
By this time Rin, Kouga and Miroku joined the two in the hallway, their eyes flickering between Sesshoumaru and Kagome. Rin dropped to Kagome's side, along with Kouga and they checked over her to check that she was unscathed. Rin hugged Kagome and muttered, “that asshole…was it a girl?”
 
Kagome blinked twice and looked slowly at Rin, a look of humor and absolute horror crossed her face. She wasn't worried really…the worry died when whatever it was on the other line began to laugh. Now she was terrified for her lover. The only problem that danced through her mind was the rationalization as to just how this Jakotsu person got InuYasha's phone. But as to determining a sex of the offender…at first she was sure it was a girl but now…. “I…don't know. It's…weird, really. What is a Jakotsu?”
 
Sesshoumaru's nostrils flared as anger suddenly sprang into his eyes. “That little….” He shut his mouth and took a deep breath. Turning on his heels, he called back, “Miroku, watch the girls, I'll be right outside for a moment.” Storming out the two double doors, he ripped open his cell phone and dialed Ryen's number. Luckily, the Inu Youkai was at his desk. Upon picking up, Sesshoumaru skipped the formalities. “We have a problem.”
 
~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~**~
 
Okay, so I was really going to write more about Yash and the next day and his visit to the grandparents but I am such a freakin detail freak. I apologize and the next chapter shall deal more with that. Figured we need a little humor to lighten the mood.
 
So…yes….the amount of yen I placed under the first * is equivalent to nearly $10,000 of USD.
 
Also, I would highly suggest any of the songs I listed for you to find and listen to. Rin's song of `no good deed' is amazing, and the tone that she carried is spectacular. I don't think you can fully appreciate Rin, a high school student, belting this on stage without knowing the song. Really, really amazing!!!
 
-thanks to all of my readers thus far and I hope ya'll are happy with the update!!! Ja ne.