InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Offering ❯ The exchange ( Chapter 2 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

 
 
CHAPTER 2
 
 
Kagome stood in front of Sesshoumaru as Inuyasha explained the deal, she wasn't one who shrunk into herself much, wasn't one to coward behind another person if she thought being brave was necessary. Now she was standing behind Inuyasha with her shoulders tense and her stance weak, feeling very vulnerable as she listened to Inuyasha talk about her as though she were no more than an object.
 
"Is it a deal Sesshoumaru?" Inuyasha asked finally, and Kagome's heart clenched in her chest tightly.
 
Sesshoumaru raised an eyebrow ever so slightly, on anyone else you'd never have noticed the slight movement, but on Sesshoumaru, any sign of emotion, even the tiniest detail was explosive. "Inuyasha, you are offering your wench as a nurse maid for my son?"
 
Inuyasha nodded his head, "Yeah, she's good with kids and whatever, I don't know why I don't care. Anyway I have nothing else to offer you," he growled, "Don't think I'll come back if you refuse, Kagome is more than suitable." Sesshoumaru was going to try and make this a difficult transaction, as though it wasn't already. Most everyone knew he was in love with Kagome, but Sesshoumaru though, didn't know what it was like to be in love. It hurt his pride to do this for one, but it also hurt to know that Kagome would be in someone else's possession.
 
Sesshoumaru was eyeing her now, looking her up and down as best he could, from behind Inuyasha, "Wench, step away from him." Sesshoumaru ordered her, her chest was extremely tight now, she was afraid of Sesshoumaru, but for what reason she could never imagine, but then, there was a bit of anger beginning to surface, he was going to be ordering her around from this point forth, that wasn't something she liked much at all.
 
Anger gave her courage and she straitened her spine, walking out from behind Inuyasha as Sesshoumaru continued to look her up and down.
 
She was a delicious looking wench, Inuyasha knew that too. Sesshoumaru had purposely made the girl step out, so that he could look at her in Inuyasha's presence, it would anger the hanyou but what could Inuyasha do? Simply nothing, for he would leave the girl with Sesshoumaru, and that meant Sesshoumaru could gaze at her any time he felt the need.
 
His looking at her was unnerving, to say the least, she could feel his eyes on her body as though it was his hand, and not his eyes doing the looking. Her anger was becoming worse, and her fear was running away, Sesshoumaru wasn't scary, he was just annoying, and doing this to piss off Inuyasha, and try to intimidate her, she guessed, whatever it wouldn't work.
 
Inuyasha didn't like this, he didn't like it one little bit. Once Kagome walked to Sesshoumaru, Sesshoumaru would be free to do with her as he pleased. If that meant taking her, then he was free to do so, up until that point the thought had never crossed his mind, Sesshoumaru might decide to bed Kagome.
 
However just as Inuyasha opened his mouth to say something to Sesshoumaru, Sesshoumaru spoke. "I accept your offering, though you offer little. I have already in my possession twelve nurse maids, well able to handle my son, still I am sure I will find other things for her to do. She will be useful in my household."
 
With that he turned his back to Inuyasha and said over his shoulder, "Come, wench." in that monotonous tone that he always used. It angered Kagome further, the way he was treating her, but she had to admit that, by law, she was now in Sesshoumaru's possession, no more than an object.
 
'Stupid people! Women aren't objects but that's the way they are treated here! This sucks...' she thought as she followed Sesshoumaru, into his home, looking back at Inuyasha only once, her hurt clearly shown in her eyes. How could he put her into this position?
 
Sesshoumaru noticed her change in focus, but didn't say, or do anything. Her focus would be on him soon enough, and once there, her focus would remain always.
 
Who would have thought Inuyasha would play into his hands so easily? The very woman he had obsessed over, for nearly a year, was handed freely and willingly, over to him. He smirked at his own thoughts as he led her inside his home, going past one room and the next, his home the traditional Japanese-typical fortress, with several floors as well.
 
He led her to the fourth floor, the second from the top, and slid open a screen. Ten women were in there, all of them sitting down, relatively useless for the time, however he wanted to make sure that always, there was someone with his son.
 
He was unsure of how the human's took care of infant children, but to him, it didn't matter. He had a small wooden enclosure made for his son, one that came off the ground and kept his son from rolling all over the floor in his sleep. At the bottom of this was a regular futon-like bed, that kept his son's body off the ground and warm
 
"All of you, go to Hinata and receive your orders for the day." he said and without fail all of the women stood, and left the room through another sliding door. They didn't question him, no one ever did, he was their Lord, and a lord that didn't hesitate to kill.
 
Sesshoumaru turned to Kagome, "You will be taking care of my son for the next four hours, the kitchen is on the bottom floor, ask anyone you want if you need to find the place. Have your fill of food, but also make sure that my son receives his own food from the wet nurse that works down there."
 
He stepped aside, allowing Kagome entrance into the room. She was hesitating, but complying easily enough, for that he was glad, had she acted like the mindless servants he had running around here most of the time he might have just skipped her nurse-maid roll, and gone on to something more... active, just to be sure she wasn't dead.
 
Kagome went over to the enclosure that looked to her, very much like a wooden box of a cradle. Sesshoumaru's son was lying on his back, looking half asleep but a lot older than three months, that was for sure. In fact he looked as though he was ready to try walking. "He looks older than three months..." she said as she gazed at the child, he began to stir more and made small movements, he must just be waking from a nap.
 
"I am not sure about how fast human children age," Sesshoumaru said, and Kagome was surprised to find him suddenly next to her. He was damn good at that, moving from one spot into the next before people would detect him, completely silent. The killing perfection. "But youkai are far stronger, within the next two weeks he should be walking, if not sooner."
 
The boy was fidgeting a lot now, looking like he wanted out. Kagome obliged him by picking him up. On top of his head was a bit of white fuzz, indicating that this boy, too, had the trait Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru were both famous for, snow white hair, and not only that, when the child looked at her, she realized that he too had the golden eyes.
 
"He's a beautiful child." Kagome said and the boy smiled and giggled, grabbing for a bit of Kagome's hair, and almost succeeding in pulling it out.
 
"Ouch!" Kagome hissed and held the boy to her chest with one hand, while trying to free her hair with the other. "That hurt you know!" she said happily and the boy let her hair free.
 
Sesshoumaru couldn't help but feel his own stance soften slightly, and knew that his gaze wasn't the cold gaze that had frightened people so often before. Still, he could not help it, something he'd often pictured in his mind was before him, Kagome holding his son, laughing with the child as the child made attempts to bug her. It was something he liked very much to see.
 
"What's his name?" Her tiny voice brought him out of his thoughts abruptly, "Your son, what's his name?"
 
"Youkai children, at least in my family, do not receive names until they have earned them." Sesshoumaru's eyes narrowed, "Always from the father too, Inuyasha was different though, our father died before he had been given a proper name."
 
"Oh," Kagome said looking at the boy in her arms, he didn't have a name. How odd, a child with no name. Well, now she understood why Sesshoumaru's name fit him so perfectly. She had often wondered what kind of person would name their son "killing perfection" and not expect him to be cruel when he became an adult.
 
Sesshoumaru turned and exited, but stopped just outside the door. "If you need anything, ask the servants, in four hours' time I will come in search of you. Make it easy to find you."
 
Kagome looked at his retreating figure and almost asked, "Why?" why would he come in search of her? No doubt he wanted to give her some kind of chore-punishment personally. Still, that seemed odd, out-of-character for Sesshoumaru to do any menial task himself.
 
Sesshoumaru smirked to himself, but she could not see it. "Question nothing, woman." he ordered sounding just as he always did, he was sure. Kagome would understand soon enough everything that was necessary, she would know in just about four hours, in fact. For now though, he wanted her to get slightly attached to his son, as he knew she would. "It is not your place in my home, you do as you are told."
 
Kagome just watched him leave, the small babe wiggling happily in her arms, making small noises as though he was trying to communicate with her. She smiled to herself and rocked him slightly, he settled down a bit and stopped reaching for her hair, which she just realized was what he had been trying to do while Sesshoumaru was talking to her.
 
"You can crawl, right?" she looked at the boy, yeah, he could crawl, just short of walking, but she didn't know where she should let him crawl around. These floors were beyond regular clean, so that wasn't a problem, what was the problem was her unfamiliarity with this place.
 
Her stomach decided for her. It rumbled and the boy began to make giggling noises as Kagome blushed. "Looks like I'm hungry, how about you?"
 
The boy grabbed for her hair again and she swung him onto her hip as she simultaneously swung her head so her hair was not within the babe's reach. "I'll take that as an enthusiastic 'yes'."
 
 
 
Megan Consoer, do NOT review me! I'd rather have no review as YOUR review!