InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Tribute ❯ Living Arrangements ( Chapter 9 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do Not own etc. etc. etc.

A/N: This story is NC-17-containing violence, angst, dark subject and lemon. Not intended for children. Please read and review. For everyone who has given to me feed back many thanks and much love. Things have been crazy but I will finish this story. I hate when people don't finish fan fictions and you get involved- so you will get a conclusion. For your patience, this chapter is fairly long and I hope, not a disappointment-

THE TRIBUTE

by: kittie le sabre a "rage 2 velvet" enterprise

CHAPTER NINE: LIVING ARRANGEMENTS

Rin awoke late that day feeling sore and bruised up with a delicious languor infused into the marrow of her very being. How could this be? Last night was a dream. Or was it?

Her body was sticky with the residue of sweat, blood and semen. The scent of citrus male-musk intermingled with sandalwood and jasmine, clung to her hair and skin and was now also upon the stained futon covering. There were tiny scratches across her skin and her neck was tender and ached.

A gentle scrapping at the door alerted her to Anzu's presence, and Rin was stunned as the neko youkai greeted her.

"Good morning, Rin-sama," Anzu sashayed into the room gaily, wearing an amber kimono with dark red-orange apricots trees and blossoms. She fought to keep her gaze from the deep livid bite-mark upon Rin's neck and throat. How lucky she was to be the mate of the new Lord of the Western Lands! And her scent! She was pregnant with his heir after just one night!

Anzu smothered a sigh, mentally shaking herself. Now was not the time to lapse and displease her new mistress. She must keep up with her duties since she had accidentally become a higher servant now! Those vicious youkai who'd given her this assignment were all seething with envy now.

"Your bath is prepared, my Lady and you are expected for a late breakfast this morning with Sesshoumaru-sama and his brother, Inu Yasha-sama and their guests."

Breakfast? Guests? Rin could barely move to get out of bed. Besides she was feeling nauseous. Sliding out of bed, she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror.

Oh Kami, what have I done? It was truly no dream! She had lain with the taiyoukai last night in this room.

Anzu was calling her "Lady" Rin! She had to flee this place and return home. It didn't matter if she was in disgrace or not, she must leave! How could she succumb to being used like an object? But that was what she was after all, a gift, a High Tribute offering no less.

"My Lady?" Anzu slightly frowned, concern in her brilliant green and yellow striped eyes. "Please my Lady, I must prepare you, Sesshoumaru-sama expects you soon."

Rin silently laughed. There was no way she was staying in this perfumed and gilded prison as some inu youkai's concubine. She was no sex slave and the times were different. She would inform that arrogant creature who'd seduced her last night that she was going home to her family. The only obstacle was Jiro of course, but she would deal with him when the time came. And her voice-she had not spoken aloud since her childhood and she wondered how much an effect would writing an email message of the equivalent would be?

Last night, the taiyoukai had forced her to make strange, animalistic sounds. She flushed in recollection of how he'd explored every inch of her, tasting and touching until he had draped his larger naked body over her and pressed home inside of her most secret place. Never could she imagine such feelings and pleasure, almost as if she were drugged or placed under a hypnotic spell. Could this be something that only demons did to maidens?

"Rin-sama, please this way," Anzu softly pressed intruding on her thoughts, ushering her out of the room to the bathing area.

Her mind raced as Anzu lead her to the bathing rooms, efficiently dialing up her scented water to the best temperature. While she quickly showered in lavender scented water, Old World Past traditional music piped in from hidden speakers. Anzu rubbed oils into her skin and she escorted Rin to the huge bath where the neko youkai thoroughly washed her hair. The body hydrating machine conditioned and dried her skin when she was done with the bath, and Anzu discretely suggested that she allow the bio-tech massager to treat her body to a heated massage before using the hair-styler.

The clock announced that it was near 11pm when Rin was finally dressed. The hair-styler had swept her long tresses up into an intricate series of braids, twists and swirls, held in place by antique combs of jade, pearl and porcelain engraved with gold and studded with tiny jewels.

Anzu helped wrap her in kimonos that were ultra-thin metallic silk. Rin put the red one on last with the white underneath it. Kanji for the Taisho Clan was embroidered in the same monochromic hue that corresponded with each robe along the borders and hem of the kimonos. The uwagi was lightweight leather of pearl-white painted with holographic 3-D sakura blossoms and two of the main rivers that were a part of the Western Lands. Her obi was a creation of crystalline materials woven together into a fusion of crimson, black and white. Anzu finally aided her in strapping on silver-gilt and jet bead sandals with carnelian stiletto heels.

"You look beautiful, my Lady," the neko youkai pronounced after the face-groomer gave Rin a facial and then dusted her face, neck and shoulders with glimmer-power, and lastly, outlined her eyes in black kohl and painted her lips in vivid red.

Rin almost didn't recognize herself.

There was no time to analyze her appearance because Anzu was swiftly leading her out into the hallway where they were escorted through endless winding and twisting corridors to the dining hall. Two stately youkai bowed and swiftly opened the double doors to announce her.

"The Lady Rin!"

Rin nearly tripped on her high-heels. Did anyone consult her first? If she wasn't mistaken, somehow she'd officially become the plaything of Sesshoumaru, a youkai known for his hatred and contempt for humans.

The enormous hall was impressive with red-veined black marble and silvery crystal walls. Intricately patterned rugs in hues of silver-white, crimson and black cover the onyx and silver-inlaid floor. Various tapestries from the Ancient Past to the Present decorated the walls. The tables were of carved dark red, black or white Lucite and wood and covered with silk clothes. All of the chairs were padded leather and embossed velvet with molded legs and arms shaped to resemble inu youkai.

Rin had never seen such opulence and large amounts of food and ostentatiously attired people. The colors and scents almost proved to be overwhelming; every unlike country life. There was even a small group of ningen men and women dressed in vividly patterned clothing and elaborate hairdos playing music. Scantily clad dancers gyrated and moved to the music. Rin vaguely recognized them as a entertainment pop group with a chartbusting hit.

The visitors had never told her about this. She was grateful for the fact that Anzu was standing so close to her because it gave her a sense of security. Shippou happily smiled, appearing suddenly before them to lead them up the highest dais where the Lord of the Western Lands and significant others were all sitting.

Sesshoumaru was seated at the head of the table with Kiyoshi, Inuyasha and Miroku on his right and Kagome, Sango and a youkai official's daughter (named Leiko) were on his left. The dining hall had been a flurry of sound and movement until Rin's arrival. Everyone paused to stare at her, and the youkais and hanyous inhaled her fragrance as she drifted past them, alertly aware and consumed by the information that their keen sense ascertained. There was a new heir to the Western Lands residing beneath this young ningen female's heart. It was a shock to say the least.

Inuyasha muttered aloud, abruptly demolishing the stillness, "Damn it! My coffee and eggs are cold! Shit!" His complaint echoed across the spacious room, shattering the silence. Kagome threw him an annoyed grimace and Sesshoumaru turned to stare at him without expression. Leiko smirked, and Sango rolled her eyes. Shippou, the server, hastened to his side to immediately redial his breakfast foods, suggesting that the young master use a different setting next time to guarantee that his food would be piping hot.

"Shit! What in the fuck did you just do, you pipsqueak? That's too goddamned hot now!" Inuyasha yelled, attempting to clobber Shippou who deftly and nimbly moved away from him.

"What an asshole!" Shippou grumbled, making his escape to the servants' elevators.

Miroku coughed, discreetly kicking the hanyou. "Inuyasha…hmm, your brother's new mate is here. Cool it."

"What?" Inuyasha startled, looked up and around as Shippou quickly exited the dining area. "Where is she?"

Miroku groaned. What a simpleton he was at times. "Kagome?"

Kagome already had everything in hand. She had risen to her feet to greet the young woman, after smacking her sweetheart in the back of his head as she passed him.

"What the hell did you do that for?"

Kagome dismissed him with a heated glare, and smiled radiantly at Rin who was nervously standing near the table.

"Welcome, Rin-sama. I am Kagome. Please join us," the young woman suggested, leading the taiyoukai's new mate towards the table. But before the pair could go any further, Sesshoumaru was there, calmly seizing Rin by the arm and instructing his half brother to give up his chair for her.

"Inuyasha, relocate. Immediately."

Inuyasha kept his mouth closed when Kagome threw him another threatening glare. He cordially and politely bowed to his brother's new mate, and took a whiff as she passed him.

Whoa, Sesshoumaru sure in the hell moves fast, ne? What a shithead for taking a girl that young! And a human girl at that! He felt put out because the girl reminded him of his own mother except his father had actually loved her despite the fact her family was dishonorable. The circumstances were similar in that Sesshoumaru's new mate had been part of a Tribute gift.

Sesshoumaru seated Rin and then returned to his own chair although he was not required to do so. He was letting everyone know that Rin was his sole possession and to not address her without his permission. Even Inuyasha was aware of his stance on the matter and kept quiet after taking a chair that was vacated by a lesser noble who'd been sitting near Miroku.

Sesshoumaru's keen hearing noted the whispers through the dining hall about his new mate. It was natural for the courtiers and servants to be curious about his Lady, especially since after one night of consummation, she was carrying his heir. The dilemma was whether the child would be pure youkai or a hanyou. There were ways to determine if this was so, but his offspring should not be made to pay for his loss of control. Yet he could not dishonor his father or his Clan by casting off his firstborn.

"My Lord?"

Sesshoumaru took note of Jaken who was cautiously holding a hologram scroll out to him. The LCD on top revealed that it was from the province of his new mate. Interesting. What news could be so important? Whatever it was, the breakfast table was no place to peruse it, not with so many eyes and spies about.

Certainly, he had his theory about who betrayed them the night of the High Tribute. It was no easy matter in this case because his father had died. Sesshoumaru suppressed his sorrow at the loss, keeping the expressionless mask in place. He peered at Rin, noting her lack of appetite.

"You must eat, my Lady," he said.

Rin nearly jumped several feet into the air when he addressed her. Her face flamed as she visualized him kissing her, pressing her body down into the futon and the way he'd held her down and demanded that she surrender everything to him. She could detect the slight smirk in his eyes and upon his well-formed mouth as he studied her reaction. The bastard!

For the first time in countless years, something opened up inside of her and broke free. The dead weight that had been pressed upon her soul was lifted and she heard her own voice spill out of her throat and mouth. The taiyoukai had removed the spell of silence that had strangled her spirit when she had witnessed the death of her parents and siblings. Somehow he had freed her from the darkness that held her. Now that she was free, Rin was not about to let him dictate to her.

"I am not hungry, Sesshoumaru-sama," Rin tersely replied. It was a shock to hear the deeper and melodious tones of her voice. She knew that her command of the language was refined because of her aunt. Many of the courtiers chattered in surprised wonder at the sound.

If Sesshoumaru was impressed by this new development he did not express it through action or commentary. He was merely set upon her compliance to his wishes.

"I was not asking, Lady Rin."

She shuddered at the tone of his voice and something in his gaze brooked no refusal. That he could address her, and speak to her so let her know he could kill her easily before everyone with no regret. It did not matter that she'd spent a passionate night in his bed. Well then it should be easy to convince him to allow her to return to her family.

"Rin." He merely spoke her name and she did not have the fortitude to withstand his will.

"Hai, Sesshoumaru-sama," she called out, stunned by her easy submission and the way her voice slightly quavered.

"Here, try the fruit from Galaxy 12, it's not bad," the friendly dark-haired woman suggested, passing over to her a plate of fragrant fruit that was fuchsia with purple dotted skin and bright pink flesh.

"My name is Kagome by the way. I know you are new here, Lady Rin."

Rin attempted to smile at her savior. The fruit did look appealing and did not make her feel sick. She gingerly took a piece and held it up to her mouth. The flavor was tangy and sharp yet pleasantly sweet without overpowering the palate.

"It is quite good," Rin commented after devouring three more pieces. She concentrated on ignoring Sesshoumaru's eyes on her as he discussed several issues with Kiyoshi. It was as if he were dissecting her. Kagome smiled in pleasure at her response.

"So it is," a new female voice stated with unconcealed amusement. "Many of the ningen and hanyou, and dare I say, youkai children adore the la'rilla fruit for its sour-sweet taste."

Rin glanced up to take note of a coldly exquisite female youkai with silvery-pink hair, porcelain skin and pale golden eyes. She was wearing a black kimono shot through with iridescent threads and embroidered with miniscule pink and gold hologram beads that displayed tiny pictures of trees, stars and various spectrums of color.

"I believe that a delicacy from the Borderlands is a favorite of your father's court, Leiko-sama," Sango interjected winning a brilliant smile from Kagome and a quirked eyebrow from Miroku.

"Keh, I hate sweets!" Inuyasha interjected suddenly. "I've sure as hell seen you eating plenty of pastries since you've been here, Lady Leiko!"

Leiko merely displayed her fangs in a mocking smile, and reached for her cigarette holder. Her eyes narrowed at the group at large before settling on the ningen bitch that had managed to snag Sesshoumaru. No matter, she mused, the little slut will be dead soon. She doubted if the girl's new found friends would be in time to help her. Feeling superior and smug, she lifted the holder to her lips and gestured for a server to light it. The automated lighter was out because she'd been too lazy to recharge the thing, so now she had to do it the Old Way.

"There will be NO smoking at the table, Leiko-sama," Jaken hoarsely exclaimed. "My Lord is offended by such practices."

"His father was not," Leiko returned, "and who are you to address me, you little slag?"

Jaken's green face reflected all of the indignation that he felt at her comment. But before he could cut her with a witty set down (A/N Jaken could not be totally dumb, ne? Sess is taciturn but I'm sure they talk), his Master was standing before her, crushing the holder in one hand effortlessly.

"I, Sesshoumaru, am now the Ruler and Lord of the Western Lands," Sesshoumaru stated in an awful voice, "I will not countenance insubordination from my lieges-or their offspring. As far as I am concerned, there is nothing harmless in your disregard for the civilities of my table. Lady Leiko, you are dismissed from my presence until further notice."

Disgraced before the assembled nobles, courtiers and servants, Leiko slowly rose to her feet to sensuously stroll away from the table and out of the room with her retainers trailing at a respectful distance behind her. It only made her plans with the hidden traitor easier and with the help of Naraku, the Western Lands would be completely overthrown.

With narrowed eyes, Sesshoumaru watched her departure. He was aware of Leiko's subterfuge but could not prove if she was responsible for Naraku's surprise attack. If so, she had an accomplice, someone who knew the secret codes to the security systems so that their enemies could appear and enter without detection. He could only wonder if her disobedience was a ploy so that she could be removed from his sight with a legitimate excuse. He would have the male youkai oiran continue his affair with her to report her activities.

Leiko tried to keep her infatuation with Yukio a secret but her passion for him ran fierce. Little did she realize that Yukio doubled as an agent and was the youngest brother of Tomi, Sesshoumaru's jieichou.

Sesshoumaru glided over to Rin, to peruse her from his lofty height. She continued to eat without allowing his presence to affect her. He could hear her heart rate pick-up, the acceleration of her breathing. He smelled her fear and the prickles of goose bumps erupting from her skin were slightly audible to his keen hearing.

"Lady Rin, come with me. Now."

"What an asshole," Inuyasha muttered, " bastard won't let his own mate finish her fucking meal."

One moment the hanyou was sniping at his elder sibling and eating, the next instant he was flying across the room and smashing through decorative glass murals and into a dense concrete, steel and marble wall. He slid to the floor in a crumpled heap, bloody with broken bones and unable to move, but still alive because he was partly youkai. When he was able to open his eyes a fraction, it was to encounter Sesshoumaru's shadow blocking the light filtering into the wide-open and spacious room.

"I should kill you now, you worthless dog turd, "Sesshoumaru snarled, his scent emanating pure rage.

Inuyasha coughed, blood escaping from between his lips. "J-just t-try it, fuckface."

"Inuyasha!" Kagome screamed rushing to his side, fearlessly jumping in front of Sesshoumaru. Miroku and Sang were close behind to assist her. "Call Kaede!"

Sesshoumaru's visage was filled with contempt as he ignored the others. He really had no time or patience for this shit. "I'll kill you another day, big mouth." He whirled on his heel, the annoying sobs of Kagome and the muted worries of the advisor and bounty hunter trailing in his wake.

Rin was standing in the middle of the dining hall staring at him with an expression of disbelief upon her face. Sesshoumaru seized her. He hastened from the room in strides so fast that for those watching there was a momentary blur and then nothing. He did not stop until they had reached his private chambers. The electronic doors opened after his pupil was scanned to admit them.

He set his mate down and swiftly took a seat at his desk to quickly read the message he'd been sent. Rin studied him in shocked disbelief. The hanyou, his brother, had called her his mate!

Not once did he glance up at her, or acknowledge her presence. What did this all mean?

She pounded her fist upon the desk. "Sesshoumaru! You will explain to me what is going on here!"

Sesshoumaru calmly looked up from the LCD screen he'd just finished reading. His lips quirked at the corners and seeing this, Rin wisely backed away from his desk as he stood up.

"You will curtail your tongue, girl when you are speaking to me. I am your Master-"

"No! I heard Inuyasha-sama declare me as your mate!" Rin was becoming hysterical, terrified at what she had heard and everyone's odd behavior. Is this the true reason why Anzu and everyone called her "Lady" now? Even he had called her by that title!

She barely blinked or exhaled before he was standing before her, ripping away her kimono so that it lay in a heap, sliding from her body. Rin shuddered, protesting his treatment as he grasped her by the arm and pulled her over to a nearby wall. Immediately, a mirror appeared and he pushed her forward.

"Look at yourself and suggest to me that you are not mine."

Rin could only dumbly gaze at her pale nudity with him standing there in contrast fully clothed. His clawed fingers lightly traced the scratches, love bites and bruises adorning her otherwise satiny flesh. She shivered in arousal and recollection, growing tense in embarrassment at her reaction. He released a gust of air from his nostrils, and she had the satisfaction of being aware that he was not unaffected. But her tiny triumph was oppressed by the feel of his hand along the left side of her neck and the impression of the jointure between the shoulder and her throat. He lightly pressed the area, and Rin felt a flood of heat in her loins, agitating the insides of her feminine walls until her juices wet her thighs.

He spoke low and close to her ear, and she felt her desire heighten, "You are my mate, this is the Mark. I can command and control your body by touching you here. Even now you pulse with awakened readiness for me to fill you." He placed her hands upward on either side of the mirror. "Hold on."

Rin merely stood, all too aware of what was about to happen. She could not stop him, nor did she wish to do so. He slowly, calmly loosened his garments to free himself, placing his feet between her legs to urge her thighs apart. She gripped the sides of the mirror as he toyed with her nipples, cupped and squeezed her breasts, lifting them as he ran his fangs along the Marked side of her neck and shoulder.

He hands traced her sides, running over her waist and her ribs, boldly clasping her hips-and that was when she felt him, erect and enlarged against her backside, nudging her like granite and velvet. He bent his knees because he was extremely tall, raised her hips upward, and then used his fingers to spread her lips open for the immense broad head of his cock. He pressed forward, feeling the initial tightness of her female ring resisting his huge maleness.

"Relax," he soothed, using his free hand to rub her nipple as he felt her jerk back. He slid inside another small inch, and released a sigh into her dainty ear. "Yes, I am your mate."

"My Lord, onegai…" she cooed, and he half-growled and partially laughed behind her.

"You want me, Little One? Ah, but you are a disobedient bitch who must be mastered by a firm hand," he explained, as he felt her slick walls yield giving him access. He cupped her stomach, caressing his child, already able to discern the slight swelling there. Within hours, the new life inside of her had grown noticeably. It was a sign that the babe could possibly be full-blooded but it was too soon to tell.

"My Lord, I can't be your mate," Rin gasped, enraptured by the force of his thickness pulsating as it slid further within her. Her vaginal muscles clamped around him and he hissed, his hands tightening on her hips. The wetness of her body was running down her legs, and he was able to fully possess her, his member touching the base of her, nudging against the neck of her womb.

"Why not, Little One? I am inside of you, touching you where no man or youkai has before-" he began to withdraw his moisture coated length from her and he swiveled his hips, inciting her to pant and groan. "Shall I stop now?"

"No! No, onegai, onegai!" Rin clawed at his hands and body, frantically pushing backward, mindless with arousal. She would say whatever he wanted now! But her revenge would come as soon as he fulfilled her. She would demand that he release her!

Sesshoumaru pulled out of her completely, ignoring her wild protests and he picked her up to set her on his desk with her legs gaped wide open. He yanked her to the edge and slid back inside her without preamble and she wrapped her legs around him. He thrust and she bucked, mewling and sweating as he flexed inside of her, grinding against the wet entrance of her body until she shuddered and trembled as the orgasm crashed down upon her. Rin's legs slid weakly from around him as he continued to push and pull within her body, and she began to build up again, feeling that frantic urgency for release.

He laid her back upon the wide space, snapping his hips as his cock reamed her over and over. From there he could suck her nipples, kiss her mouth and bite her neck and shoulders. He inhaled the powerful fusion of her scent mingled with the new fragrance of her pregnancy, reveling in his power over her.

Rin's back arched upward as she felt the almost painful force of another orgasm slam into her again. She could not take much more of this as he proved that he was the one in charge of her body and soul. Sesshoumaru gently nipped the Mark, and she exploded again, blacking out briefly this time. The inner muscles of her molten core tightened around his turgid member and he hoarsely exhaled as he released the flood of his essence into her receptive body.

When she was finally able to open her eyes again, he was as impeccable as before, his hair and garments in perfect order. His golden eyes were speculative and he appeared to be waiting for her to make the next move.

"It does not matter that you have Marked me as yours, Sesshoumaru," Rin told him sitting up on the desk. She flushed as she felt the evidence of their intimate encounter slithering from her body and down her legs. No, it was not time to notice this. No matter what he did to her now.

"Your servant will be here to assist you," he informed her, walking over to help her down from the desk. She smacked his hand away, staggering down to the floor on wobbly limbs.

"I am leaving here! I want to return home to my family!"

Sesshoumaru gracefully sat down upon a nearby chair, and casually reached over to a pad to dial. A wardrobe service appeared to `offer' her a robe. Rin snatched it up and put it on.

"You are such a distraction," he explained staring at her, unaffected by her anger. At least she was an entertaining little thing, and so much passion. He would enjoy her for countless evenings to come.

"When can I return home, Sesshoumaru?" She persisted, infuriated by his calmness. She waited as he picked up his cigarette case to procure one and light it.

He leisurely exhaled, his golden orbs gleaming behind the film of smoke at her. "Rin, there is nothing for you to return to."

"What are you saying to me? I have a family!"

"No, you had a family. You are now part of mine." He paused briefly, observing her as he smoked before going on. "Do not argue, Little One. I called you here to tell you that I just received news that your entire town was annihilated by Naraku's minions."

"No!" Rin screamed, tears rolling down her face. "You are lying!"

"Am I?" Sesshoumaru stabbed his cigarette into an abstract ashtray and grabbed the scroll to place it in front of her. She blindly stared at it for several moments before making out the words flashing across the LCD screen.

"There is nothing for you to return to, my Lady," he said once she'd finished reading the message.

"You can't make me stay here with you! The Mark is not enough to keep me here!"

Sesshoumaru's mouth faintly quirked up in the very corners and it unnerved her to see that hint of a smile upon his extraordinary visage.

"Perhaps not," he acceded without a trace of feeling accenting his words, "but the fact that you are hours pregnant with my heir might."

Rin did not recall falling to the floor in a dead faint.

Sesshoumaru lifted her up and placed her upon a nearby white vinyl chase lounge. He mildly shrugged, his mind racing ahead to the evening and the preparations. It was easier than examining his emotions.

The servant gently scratched at the door and Sesshoumaru mildly addressed her as he passed Anzu on his way on into the hall.

"Bathe her and have her ready for this evening. We are going out to "Zero's Landing"."

"Hai, My Lord," the neko youkai servant bowed low, her nostrils twitching at the fresh scent of the mating.

A/N Japanese words used in this chapter-

Jieichou: captain of the guard

Oiran: courtesan (not sure if there is another word if the courtesan is a male but…)

Onegai: Please