InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ The Tribute ❯ A NIGHT AT 'ZERO'S LANDING' ( Chapter 11 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own "Inuyasha" or its characters. All rights belong to Rumiko Takahashi and her publishers etc.

THE TRIBUTE

By kittie le sabre

CHAPTER ELEVEN

A NIGHT AT `ZERO'S LANDING'

When Rin finally awoke, it was dark.

She sat up on the futon, feeling groggy and listless, as if the energy had been sapped from her veins. Someone had bathed and dressed her in a sleeping gown. Anzu-chan no doubt.

The girl's mind raced back to earlier in the day when she'd had brunch with the Lord of the Western Lands, his brother, their guests and courtiers. Then when they had visited his study…

Her cheeks flared hot as she recalled the way in which he had mastered her body and bent her will. But the most devastating news had been about how her village was destroyed. The final shock had been to discover that she was now his mate, the new Lady of the Western Lands, and carrying his heir!

As if by impulse, her hand wandered to the Mark that met the pulse point between her neck and shoulder. Kami! It was too much! And now he had control over her very life, body and soul in ways she did not understand. How could this happen?

The only other time she had felt powerless was when the field hand in her aunt's husband's house had tried to assault her. Not even the cruelty of the servants and the villagers had made her feel this defeated and helpless.

What were her true feelings for the taiyoukai? He had not been vicious to her, although she knew he despised humans. The pride and arrogance he displayed was part of his heritage and station. There were stories of his temper and how he had killed on whim alone.

Rin was a sensible young woman. Somehow fate had placed her here when she could have been slain or worse. To become a mother was not a terrible situation either.

She touched to rounded swell of her stomach. Already she could detect the changes in her body. Her breasts were even fuller. And her loins ached and craved the pleasure she had experienced with Sesshoumaru.

It was difficult to think of him as her mate…or lover. But she was excellent at adapting. After losing her family, she had no choice.

"Rin-sama?"

There was a pause, and then Anzu appeared before her with a vivid smile upon her face.

"Anzu." Rin smiled at her in greeting. "Have I been asleep for long?"

"Hai," the neko youkai replied with a brisk nod. "It is getting late. You have slept for four hours, My Lady. We must prepare for the evening. My Lord will be expecting us downstairs to join him in the limo by nine."

Rin slightly frowned. "What time is it?"

The clock promptly answered before Anzu could. "Rin-sama, the hour is 1700, and three seconds."

Anzu rolled her eyes in exasperation. "What an impertinent machine." They both laughed.

The neko youkai escorted her mistress to the bathing room. She had been a bit stunned earlier when she had retrieved Rin from the Master's study. The air had been thick with the scent of mating and Sesshoumaru-sama had been barely sated by the encounter. As a youkai, and a neko one at that, Anzu could tell.

Whether he was aware or not, the pheromones that Rin-sama exuded, combined with the scent of her pregnancy and the Mark had taken their hold upon him. He would not be able to resist her for long. She supposed it was inevitable. Ever since the ningen woman's arrival as a Tribute gift, every male with youkai blood in his veins was drawn to her. It was a wise thing that she was now mated to the strongest, as well as carrying his heir.

Finally, Anzu knew that if her Lady was now speaking aloud after her mating with the Lord, then the bond must be true. How else would Rin-sama have ever been drawn out of her self-imposed silence? Could it be that the pair were soul mates and unaware of this fact? It was possible because her Lady had immediately become pregnant after one night with the taiyoukai. She did not know the particulars of how ningen women came into heat, but they were still female and there must be some similarities.

Rin had somewhat lapsed behind her and Anzu, who'd been distracted by her thoughts, turned to link arms with her mistress. She would feed Rin-sama an energy drink while she soaked. It would help revive her for later. Youkai males could be quite sexually demanding and to carry a pup was draining.

"My Lady, we must hurry! I have the perfect attire for you tonight even if this place is formidable!"

Rin merely sighed and let her new friend guide her into the bathing room. It was going to be a very long evening.

**

Sesshoumaru glanced down at his cell phone. When he saw who it was, he felt a cool satisfaction register.

A picture of a young male inu youkai with ivory pale skin and intricately braided indigo hair flashed on the screen of the phone. His eyes were darkest blue like moonlight on water, and hints of blue shaded his heavy lids. A vinyl sapphire haori with slit crimson-lined sleeves accentuated his striking color.

"My Lord Sesshoumaru," the blue-haired youkai greeted, his voice melodious and respectful.

Sesshoumaru smothered his amusement. Yukio was the most sought-after oiran of the youkai court for his astonishing beauty, sexual expertise, wit and musical abilities. The irony was that although Yukio was outrageously decorative in his appearance and manner, he was one of the deadliest agents that Sesshoumaru had employed. Oftentimes the most exquisite flowers were the deadliest.

"Yukio-san," Sesshoumaru murmured, "you have news?"

"Hai, Sesshoumaru-sama," Yukio fervently responded. "Ten minutes?"

"No, Yukio, time is short. I will be there in five," the taiyoukai stated, making his way towards the doors leading to the main hall.

"Hai, Master, I come," the oiran replied, promptly ending the call.

Sesshoumaru lithely strolled along the endless halls, passing the guards who all bowed in his wake. It was already well into the evening, and he needed to escort Rin tonight to his club. "Zero's Landing" was not a place he would normally take her but it was an excellent cover to flush out his enemies who were plotting with Naraku. The set-up was a decoy, but he knew that caution was crucial because Rin was now his mate and carrying his heir.

Earlier than had been a rumor concerning his enemy, and he needed to verify this with Yuki first and foremost.

The Demon Lord paused at the end of the hallway. There were no sentries posted at this door. He made a gesture, using his youki to focus on the magical lock that only he and those he deemed worth could open. The power of the seal on the door awakened at the demonic touch. Luminous greenish-blue light with hints of yellow and white pulsed, and the lock shifted and gave way almost like a tunnel expanding. Sesshoumaru felt a wave of satisfaction fill him at the security measure because it was not technological but preternatural.

Although he was secretly meeting with Yukio, he was armed with Toukijin and Tensaiga (although he still had yet to understand it's uses); he could not take any chances. With his bio-weapons, and his demon-genetically enhanced poison claw, he was prepared for anything at all time now.

The door opened wide and he quickly went inside.

It was an enormous garden, a mixture of the Feuding States Era gardening style combined with the contemporary world. There were plants from different parts of his region and beyond, as well as the Galaxy, growing everywhere. Above, the encompassing dome presented a full view of the night sky. He could see the space ports flashing in the distance as various public, leisure and freight ships docked and departed.

"My Lord?"

Sesshoumaru smirked. He had sensed the younger youkai's presence behind a large tree from some far away world that bloomed blossoms of vermillion and yellow from its base and throughout the branches. The Demon Lord prized the tree because the flowers could be used to produce a deadly poison that was rare and much sought after.

How appropriate, Sesshoumaru wryly observed. He calmly waited for Yukio to approach him and that began to walk along the shining paths together.

The scents and beauty of the garden was breathtaking. He would have to bring his new mate here. The taiyoukai mentally shook himself. Where had that thought come from?

Yukio was patiently waiting for his Lord's full attention. Tonight he seemed preoccupied. No small wonder with the recent death of his sire, the Great Dog Demon Lord Inuyoukai recently, and a ningen bride already filled to bursting with an heir. Plus, the upstart Demon Lord Naraku and his devious attempts to invade and dismantle the vast expanse of the Western Lands, his Master was quite busy these days.

"My Lord, there is news that Naraku is meeting with an informant from our palace tonight at "Zero's Landing" in the White VIP Room. Shall I wait to see who this traitor is?"

Sesshoumaru nodded. "If it is the White Room, then Manten is behind the reservation and the pass for admittance. He is the only, besides Hiten or myself with the authority. Hiten is distracted these days."

"So I have heard," Yukio commented, "it seems Hiten has been consoling the heiress that was caught naked at the High Tribute."

Sesshoumaru suppressed his amusement. "I suppose he was inspired by what he saw. My jackass of a brother has finally landed a woman he does not deserve. For her sake, I must postpone killing him for the time being."

The oiran wasn't certain how to take this comment. Was his Lord jesting? Perhaps it was safest to stick to the business at hand.

"How will we know who has the other VIP pass, my Lord?"

"There should be another White Room VIP pass that has been assigned to this traitor. Our manager, Ishi, keeps track of the number. Only six passes are given out in one night per VIP room." Sesshoumaru narrowed his eyes. "The traitor will have to sign in with her."

"And I will be waiting for them," Yukio promised with a glint in his rich eyes.

"You will not, Yukio-san," Sesshoumaru told him. "I will have my fool of a brother, his companion Miroku, and the bounty-huntress Sango posted in different areas of the club to deal with the traitor and Naraku. I want them both brought to me alive."

Yukio nodded in agreement and obedience. His Master wanted him to continue his liaison with Leiko. It was all that he could do to not sigh aloud. Sometimes his position as an oiran was wearisome when he had to constantly cater to egotistical and obsessive bitches like Leiko. The information he pilfered from her was useful since she was the one commiserating with the palace traitor. It was no secret that Leiko was furious that Sesshoumaru had not chosen her as his mate. But to chose a ningen went beyond the pale for a proud female youkai. Of course, Yukio had been there to "console" her.

Sesshoumaru was pleased with Yukio. If all went well, he would purchase his contract as an oiran. His agent and servant had more than earned his freedom. Yuki's older brother, Tomi, would be more than pleased. He wondered what line of business Yukio would go into then. Probably a galactic rock star since he had the looks and musical talent.

"Yukio, be on your guard," Sesshoumaru advised and promptly departed. The hour was late and he needed to prepare for his night out on the town with his mate, to catch a traitor and a would-be usurper.

**

South District of the Crimson City

Club "Zero's Landing"

The first thing that Rin noticed after getting into the limo was that as they left the palace stronghold, the driver drove around for several moments through the Crimson City. She had never been this far into the metropolis to see this much of it.

Neon signs of various colors flashed everywhere; it was vividly illuminated. The moving sidewalks were clustered with people. Hover vehicles, motorized space cycles and cars were everywhere. Occasionally, she spotted a space ship ascending above spiraling buildings that seemed to disappear into the misty blue-black skies. (A/N I kinda have Shinjuku in Japan in mind, a little bit, with some old fashioned buildings from the past (i.e. New York skyscrapers) thrown in but "upgraded" a bit).

Her senses felt like they were on overload. But not so overwhelmed that the male sitting across from her could be easily ignored.

As usual he was taciturn, studiously typing away on his laptop computer, no doubt answering business correspondence although he was dressed for a night out. She had to admit that the sight of him made her heart race despite the contrary thoughts and feelings that plagued her.

His long silver hair had been pulled up into a top-knot and left to cascade down past his shoulders to his waist. The white leather haori was long, but the sides had slits, to display the skintight white leather pants he was wearing underneath and the knee-high black boots with steel toes that molded to his calves. Underneath the haori, a white mesh shirt trimmed in black leather was visible. He was also wearing black and white studded armbands and a black leather choker with platinum spikes. A large black leather belt held his bio-tech weapons, making her wonder what kind of place they were visiting. The large white fluffy fur was on the seat next to him.

Overall, he looked sexy and dangerous as hell, and her body throbbed in answer to the picture he presented. Momentarily, Sesshoumaru glanced up as if sensing or smelling her desire. Rin didn't doubt that he could, after all, he was a youkai.

He closed his laptop with a click, and allowed it to slide back into the compartment that held and secured it while he was inside the limo. Leaning back in his seat, he perused her. Perhaps the choice of clothing was not a good one. He did not want to fight every bit of male filth that coveted her tonight, but logic told him that the fact she carried his heir and was Marked as his would discourage that. Only the foolhardy and possibly oblivious ningen males would dare to approach her. He wondered if he should make arrangements for an "official" ceremony for the sake of youkai society and the press. His solicitors had already drawn up the paperwork that supported the fact she was his lawful mate and carried his offspring but still, people expected pomp and circumstance for individuals such as he.

He still did not know if the pup was hanyou or full youkai. He was uncertain if it mattered as much to him as before. If things had gone this far where he had a ningen mate, then there was no turning back for him, he reasoned.

"Are we almost there?" She asked her voice quavering a bit, almost squirming under the weigh those crystalline amber orbs.

He did not speak for several long minutes. "It is a 45 minute drive. The South District is almost on the outskirts of the Crimson City."

"Oh." Was he going to sit there and watch her like that for the entire trip?

"Come here, Rin." His sudden command nearly jolted her out of her seat. From their experience in the study, he knew she would obey.

Rin wanted to defy him, and she knew he could see it in her eyes, but she slowly rose to her feet to cautiously make her way over to him. Suddenly, he reached up and grabbed her arm, pulling her down until she fell into his lap. The lurching motion of the limo did the rest.

Sesshoumaru calmly pushed her hair away from her flushed face. He was pleased that the servant girl had not put too much color and enhancement on Rin's face. Her skin was perfect and he did not want the natural youthful dewiness of her skin bombarded with make-up and artifice.

He allowed her to see his amusement because she was flustered. When she tried to shift away from him, his arms tightened around her so that she could not move at all.

His voice rumbled low and close to her ear. "At all times tonight, you must have an escort if you are not with me. If I am unable to be with you, or provide you with such, you will remain in once place that I deem suitable." He studied her for several seconds. "Many would not dare to touch what is mine, however, there are some who are beyond stupid and fueled by arrogance, lust and chemicals, they would not hesitate to offend me by touching you."

She nodded, feeling his lips against her hair. The touch and scent of him was oppressive because she wanted him. It was confusing because she was his mate and yet he seemed to only regard her as a possession. Did he have no feelings for her at all?

He deeply inhaled, and the intoxicating scent that had drawn him to her in the first place nearly made him dizzy with desire. Sesshoumaru's will was of steel. That this tiny ningen girl could do this to him was astonishing.

He knew himself well, that he would not change his ways as far as how he dealt with humans, or even his ideal of Tributes. He was youkai. But Rin was his, bound to him through the Mark of Mating, and with this first pup, through blood. Could she adjust to life with him? Would she accept him? Inu youkai mated for life; there was no going back.

They rode on in silence, with her in his arms. He surprised himself by wondering what she was thinking. He'd never done that when it came to a human, not even with his idiot hanyou brother. Honestly, he seldom did it with anyone unless it was pertinent.

The driver's voice came over the intercom. "My Lord, we are arriving."

Rin perked up then. She had relaxed while laying in his arms the entire trip but now they were there. It had been disturbing to feel the leather against her, and the muscled firmness of his body. Rin was also knew that he was aware of her, and was not immune to her. She could feel his semi-firm arousal against her, nudging her slightly.

When the car came to a halt, she was grateful to be free of the confining space and her thoughts and desires. The door was opened and Sesshoumaru got out first to assist her, which gave him an opportunity to scan the perimeters.

"Oi! You bastard! What's taking so long?" Inu Yasha was marching towards him wearing a red leather bodysuit with side-lacings on the legs. He looked like a biker boy minus the headgear and hardware. Tetsusaiga, his bio-weapon, was strapped to his leg.

Kagome smacked him in the back of the head. "Baka!"

He turned to glare at her. "What in the fuck was that for, wench?"

Miroku and Sango exchanged looks and rushed over to smooth things out between the couple. Tonight was not just an outing. They were all there to deal with Naraku and his henchman.

Sesshoumaru didn't deign to acknowledge his younger brother's gross antics. He merely ducked into the limo to carefully take his mate by the arm and pull her outside onto the walkway.

Thousands of cameras flashed, and quite a few digital imaging systems were working overtime. Of course the media would want a view of the new Lady of the Western Lands.

And she did not disappoint their expectations.

Rin was wearing a shining white dress with trailing fairy sleeves. The neckline was scooped, displaying her ample rounded bosom and the shining mass of diamonds that Sesshoumaru had put around her throat earlier. Her hair was cover by a decorative net made up of long strands of diamonds that glittered in her unbound raven-dark tresses. A set of diamond armbands covered the upper parts of each arm.

The gown had an empire waist, and the front stopped above her knees while the back hem flowed to the ground in a silvery-white train. Grecian-styled high-heeled sandals laced up her bare legs and she carried a pure white gossamer stole. It was almost like the white fur that Sesshoumaru had casually draped across his shoulder.

Rin had wondered if he carried the fur to conceal his bio-tech weaponry from the press. She clung to her youkai mate's arm as they walked down the illuminated white Lucite walkway.

The media and spectators were lined up on either side ogling them and attempting to engage Sesshoumaru and the others in questions. The ten youkai guards kept the paparazzi at bay as the small group was greeted at the front doors by the bouncers and the doorman.

The music was loud and raucous, slamming into her. Rin glanced up noticing a large stage, complete with a flamboyantly attired youkai and hanyou band suspended in midair above the crowd, who were all dancing wildly underneath. She closed her mouth once she realized that she was dumbstruck by the masses of human, youkai, hanyous and other strange beings from far away places.

Servers in scanty outfits rushed back and forth serving drinks. Bouncers and security made certain that the humans that dared to venture into the more deadly areas of the club were aware of what to expect. "Zero's Landing" was known for catering to its youkai clientele while serving ningens patrons, but there were always risks involved.

Rin could feel eyes roving all over her but because she was clinging to Sesshoumaru, many of the youkai turned their heads away and bowed as he passed by them. A few brazen ones openly leered at her, and Rin suspected that they were just as apt to eat her as ravish her.

Sesshoumaru needed to get Rin out of the din. It was not safe although the club was in full swing. He gestured for Inu Yasha and the others to immediately take their places. Miroku and Sango nodded in answer and quickly departed, while Inu Yasha grabbed Kagome by the arm and rushed to their post.

Sesshoumaru was puzzled as to why he brought her but he reasoned that it appeared more authentic if everyone came as a couple. In the meantime, there was a traitor to catch and an upstart to kill.

Ishi, "Zero's Landing"'s manager, was nowhere to be seen as they made their way towards the VIP lounge area. Sesshoumaru was pissed off because he'd left instructions for her to meet them all at the front door.

He nodded at a lizard youkai bouncer standing in front of a metal door.

"Sesshoumaru-sama, welcome," the youkai bowed very low.

"Fujita," the taiyoukai greeted in return. "Where is Ishi-san?"

"My Lord, she had to personally take newly arrived guests to the White Room."

Sesshoumaru did not say another word; he hastened to open the magical seal that was on the door. The bouncer respectfully waited while Sesshoumaru deactivated the lock and escorted Rin inside.

Where were they going? Rin knew that she was safe with him but he seemed to be in a hurry. What was going on?

They rounded a corner, and Sesshoumaru placed her behind him so swiftly that Rin could only cling to him. She pressed her face against the white leather covering his back, her arms clasped around his narrow waist.

"Stay here," he whispered, moving away further down the hall.

Sesshoumaru could sense Naraku's presence nearby along with a youkai and two humans. His keen hearing picked up pieces of the conversation.

"…waiting in the last room beyond that door," a ningen woman's voice explained. Sesshoumaru recognized Ishi's voice.

"Well hurry up, bitch! Don't keep us waiting!" the youkai snarled harshly.

"Listen you worm, I don't have to give you the key," the club manager angrily stated. "You can die and rot in here before I let you inside that room."

"Ningen whore, I will eat you alive where you stand!"

"Try me!"

"Enough. We're keeping him waiting, baka," the ningen man admonished. "You don't have time to argue with her."

"Human scum! Siding against me now?"

The ningen man made an impatient sound and walked away, following Ishi. Sesshoumaru heard the youkai mutter under his breath, " Asshole. Naraku is going to let me kill you anyway."

Sesshoumaru decided to wait for Ishi's return. His senses focused on Rin, and he located her. She felt a bit agitated but otherwise she was still safe. A few more seconds went by and Ishi's footsteps came closer.

He stepped out of the shadows softly calling her name. "Ishi."

She started, nearly jumping twenty feet into the air. "My Lord! I am sorry that I didn't see you."

"Why were you not there to greet us as I instructed?"

Ishi's faced paled visibly but she managed to explain her absence. "At the last moment, another guest was added to the White Room. I had to get an extra pass and add him to the ledger."

"I want to see the VIP ledger for the White Room tonight. Is Manten here?"

Sesshoumaru had turned and was walking back to the hall where Rin was waiting for him. It made sense to retrieve and then to go on to the office.

"Yes, Manten is here tonight," Ishi replied, rushing to keep up with him.

"Then he should have been at the door in your stead." He stopped in front of Rin who was staring up at the monitors. She turned towards the sound of his voice and did not hesitate to go to him when he called her.

The club was disturbing. The monitors had shown various frightening and cruel activities involving youkais and ningens.

Rin had decided to focus on the different musical and dance acts that were featured instead. She shivered and found herself needing to be close to her mate. She prayed he would not leave her alone again.

She followed Sesshoumaru and the vividly dressed woman to an office that was hidden behind strange panel. The club was an intricate maze.

Inside the office were two large desks, computers, office equipment and more monitors. A large plush couch and table were placed strategically for guests and patrons.

"Rin, you will need to stay here," Sesshoumaru said the words she dreaded. "I will be back shortly."

Suddenly, she felt so very alone and desolate as he peered down at her with concern and caring in his normally expressionless eyes. She reached up to wrap her arms around his neck, and for a brief instance he was startled by her reaction.

Staring into his eyes she murmured, "Please don't leave me alone again."

Behind them, Ishi called to him, "My Lord, I'll get what you have requested."

Sesshoumaru waited until she had vanished into the inner office. He leaned down staring into his mate's eyes. She was exquisite with her little face turned up towards him, and her fathomless eyes like black diamonds. Her mouth quivered and he pulled her up with his youkai strength, gently clasped her close to him and touched her soft lips with his own.

He felt the rush of her breath against him and savored the moment of her surrender to him. She was fragile yet strong, and he could feel the pup stirring to life inside of her. Rin's plush breasts cushioned the hard expanse of his chest. His large hands encircled her tiny waist as he held her in place. She sighed against his lips, as the kiss lingered on for a few moments before he pulled away.

Gently, he set her down on the couch, placing a pillow behind her.

"Stay here," he ordered and before she could blink, he was gone.

Rin sat there for several moments staring after him and she knew then that she loved him. The revelation was not unwelcome but she wasn't expecting it either.

**

Upon entering the inner office, Sesshoumaru heard a whimper of pain. He rushed towards the sound discovering that Ishi was lying in a pool of blood.

"M-Manten w-was h-here…s-stole…i-it" she gasped out before fainting from her injuries.

Sesshoumaru was furious. Manten was involved in Naraku's treachery?

He scented the other youkai on the air and tracked him attempting to escape through a hidden door.

"Manten!"

Manten snarled at him, grasping the VIP ledger close to him. "I won't let you have-"

Before he could complete his sentence, Sesshoumaru was in front of him with his genetically enhanced claws glowing green. He slashed Manten wide open from his throat to his groin. The youkai fell backward as Sesshoumaru grabbed the ledger before it could hit the ground. Manten lay there in a mangled mess of blood and toxic-acid burning flesh.

He stepped over him as he hastily read the names on the ledger.

One of the names on the ledger was Masa, the foolish youkai guard he'd "disciplined" and had thrown in the dungeon for insubordination. But the other name managed to astound even him.

Saburo. Kiyoshi's assistant. Why had he betrayed the palace?

Sesshoumaru rushed towards the White Room.

**

Rin was dozing in the office when she heard a strange noise. She looked up into a familiar face.

"Where is Sesshoumaru-sama?" she asked, jumping to her feet.

"He will be dead soon," the woman sneered. "Now get up!"

"No!" Rin yelled, backing away from Ishi who was stalking her. "You better get away from me!"

"Or else what, girl?" she sneered, reaching out to grab her prey. She lunged towards her and Rin tried to fight her but Ishi was quite strong and ruthless.

"Don't struggle, Kagura-sama and Naraku-sama want you and your offspring delivered safely to him." Ishi peered down at the ningen mate of the taiyoukai aware that her strength was waning. "Relax little one. Such a lovely thing. Perhaps Kagura and I will share you after Naraku is done with you."

Rin wanted to scream and move away from her but something noxious and thick was filling the room and she tried to breathe…then blackness.

"Move away from her, Ishi," Kagura snapped closing the vial of sleeping venom Naraku had given her to render Rin helpless, narrowing her eyes at her lover. "You are a greedy thing. She is not going to survive Naraku's "experiment"."

Ishi shrugged as they both walked over to lift the unconscious woman. A big portal opened up and they stepped inside, taking Rin with them.

**

Sesshoumaru's white leather clothing was covered in blood. Blood splattered the walls, furniture, floor and even the ceiling. The White Room was ruined by the massacre. He glanced over at the remains of Masa and Saburo, muttering disdainfully, "Fucking bakas."

He called his idiot brother on the cell phone. "Inu Yasha, be ready." He hung up, not giving the silly little fucker time to reply. If he proved useful he'd leave off killing him.

The taiyoukai stepped over the metallic pile of rubble that was an identical android image of Naraku. His demonic bloodlust had escalated when he learned that he'd been deceived into believing this was the real Naraku.

Something on the monitor caught his eye. His mind screamed, Rin!

By the time he reached the office, the stench of Naraku's poison nearly sent him crashing to the floor. He smashed his fist into the wall.

Why hadn't he seen it sooner?

Briefly there on the monitor he'd seen no sign of Ishi lying in the inner office where he'd left her earlier. There had been no security staff there to assist her out of the room, which meant there was nothing wrong with her. From the scents in the room, he knew that Ishi and yes-that whore, Naraku's bitch, Kagura! had been in the office and they had taken Rin.

Sesshoumaru's eyes blazed fiery red. He would get her back. They would all be a huge bloody pile of meat for taking his mate.

A/N whew! This was a long haul here but I'm getting close so I wanted to push the story forward. Maybe another chapter or two and this should be wrapped up, my peeps.

Read and review or this baaad kittie le sabre will leave you high and dry *meow