InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Under Cover ❯ Heat ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
“Father, where is Kagome?” A young man questioned his father. The older man sighed and patted his head. “Father…”
“She went on a mission. That’s all you need to know, Sesshomaru.” Sesshomaru scoffed and folded his arms.
“I’m not a child anymore, father! Now tell me where she is now!” Sesshomaru’s father scowled, but his eyes were laughing.
“You really like her don’t you?” Sesshomaru blushed and stuttered.
“N-no! I-I was just wondering, that’s all!” His father smiled.
“Taisho-sama! A report from the admiral in the south! Infiltration was unsuccessful…” The messenger bowed his head, embarrassed. Inu-Tashio shook his head.
“It’s alright. I didn’t expect it to work the first time…” He turned to his son. “She will be back in the morning. Go to your room and get some sleep.” Sesshomaru trudged toward the door, defeated. “Come on… There’s probably a surprise in there for you…”
“Father never tells me anything…” Sesshomaru grumbled, opening his door.
“I’m sure he had his reasons!” A voice rang out from his bed. He looked up and saw the most beautiful girl he had ever seen in his life. A flowing kimono grasped her hips tightly, showing off perfect curves. A slim stomach was wrapped with a moon decorated obi, the symbol for his house. A pair of shining black wings graced her forehead. Pointed ears were raised at the sides of her head. Long black hair fell gracefully down her back. When he realized his mouth was hanging open, he snapped it shut tightly.
“Kagome! What are you doing here?” She blushed and stood up, hopping to the floor from the bed.
“What am I doing in your bedroom?” His blush matched hers as he realized they were alone. He coughed and blushed deeper. Kagome took a step toward him with a worried look. “Are you alright, Sesshomaru?” She took another step toward him.
“Everything’s fine. I just wanted to say that you look nice!” Nice? NICE? What kind of lame comment is that? “And that I just noticed that we were alone.” She looked around the room, blushed, and stopped walking toward him.
“A-alone?” Oh n-no! I don’t think I thought this through very well! On the night of his birthday, I’m… “Oh yes! I nearly forgot! Happy birthday Sesshomaru!”
“Birthday? Oh! So that’s what I was feeling I’d forgotten!” You idiot! You forgot your own birthday! He inhaled deeply. Hey! What’s this scent? It smells so good… He opened his eyes. It’s coming from Kagome! Is she-
“Master Sesshomaru, Miss Kagome, dinner will be ready in an hour!” A plump servant called from the hall.
“Yes, we will be there…” Sesshomaru said quietly. The servant left, leaving them alone once again. The strange scent coming from Kagome strengthened, clouding his senses. He walked to her, his eyes glued to hers.
“S-Sesshomaru?” Damn! What a night to be in heat. Sesshomaru’s 17th birthday! Sesshomaru was only inches from her and he leaned down, trying to take in more of her scent. She smells so good…
“Kagome? Sesshomaru?” A boy’s voice came from the doorway.
“What is it Inu-yasha?” The older brother of the two said, clearly annoyed. Kagome peeked around Sesshomaru’s shoulder to see the now 14 year old Inu-yasha. 3 years apart, with different moms, but they were born on the same day.
“Father said you have to come down to dinner early because the Shiro Ookami clan is coming to stay for two weeks.” Sesshomaru sighed.
“Some birthday present. Fine, tell father we’ll be there in a minute. And if he protests to having Kagome be there, tell him it would make a better impression to bring an escort.” Grumbling under his breath something that he wasn’t a messenger boy, Inuyasha left. “C’mon Kagome. We should go downstairs.”
“Sure…”
Kouga in the next chapter! Naraku will not be introduced until the 5th chapter at least. But there will be conflict! There will be drama! And for those Koga fans, there will be naked wolves! Woohoo! Review, and I will be happy!