InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Under Cover ❯ Arrival ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
“Ah, here is Sesshomaru now!” Inu Tashio said excitedly as Sesshomaru entered the room, Kagome not far behind. The guests had already arrived and were sitting at the dinner table with his father. Sesshomaru winced when he saw Kouga, an arrogant wolf prince, sitting next to Ruyo, his equally arrogant father. Man, why did he have to be here? He always flirts with Kagome! Said girl was almost hiding behind him, blush coloring her face.
“And who is his lovely escort?” Ruyo boomed, his voice echoing throughout the entire room. Sesshomaru slipped his arm around her waist and pulled her forward. He could feel her curves underneath his fingers and his face heated up.
“This is Kagome, one of our most prestigious soldiers, Ruyo.” Inu Tashio explained, trying hard not to seem like he was bragging. Ruyo raised his eyebrows.
“I see… Well it seems she makes an excellent escort as well as a fighter, Inu Tashio.” He smiled at her. She blushed and thanked him quietly. “All good manners. I very well hope she isn’t this polite on the battle field, not with the upcoming battles said to be nearing.” He bellowed, laughing loudly at his own joke. Sesshomaru found it hard to keep a calm façade when Kouga was winking at Kagome. “Well, what are you waiting for you two? Sit, sit!” Sesshomaru led Kagome to a seat, making sure she was not sitting by Kouga. She was positioned between him and his father.
“Now tell me, Sesshomaru, where is that mu- I mean, little brother of yours?” Kouga asked. He looked around. “I haven’t seen him any where.” Sesshomaru wanted so badly to scream out ‘How the hell should I know?’, but restrained himself.
“I don’t know. I haven’t seen him since he called Kagome and me for dinner.” His hands were twitching, itching to close around the wolf’s throat. Kagome noticed and placed her hand on his. He calmed. “He might be playing with his friends Kohaku and Toya, in the gardens.” Kagome squeezed his hand and he relaxed.
“Ah, I see. Well, Kagome, how have you been? I haven’t seen you since I was fifteen, and I’m almost nineteen now.” Kagome smiled and fidgeted a bit.
“I’ve been fine. A bit of a rough time last year, you know, with the scuffle in the east. Other than that, I haven’t had any serious work to do since the year you came.” She smiled at him again. She felt Sesshomaru get a little hot, so she redirected her attention to Inu-Tashio and Ruyo, who had been listening to their conversation. “There is a new mission for me coming up, isn’t there, sir?” He nodded. Ruyo seemed interested.
“Really now? What is it Inu-Tashio?” She could feel Sesshomaru getting angry behind her. She couldn’t blame him, as she had neglected to tell him that she had a new mission.
“Now, now, Ruyo, you know that’s confidential.” He laughed, but shot a warning look at Kagome. “Now, we should eat before we starve!” He clapped his hands and three servants raced into the room with their food. “Sukojo, please bring some of this to Inu-yasha and his friends in the garden, would you?” Sukojo nodded. The other two served them their food quickly, Rin shooting her a look that said ‘fill me in on everything later!’ and they walked out the door into the kitchen.
“Ah, it smells wonderful!” Ruyo said favorably. Inu-Tashio smiled at his companion and took the first bite.
“Tastes just as wonderful, Ruyo.” Ruyo took a bite as well and sighed contentedly. Ruyo looked at Sesshomaru and saw that he was glaring jealously at his son as Kouga flirted fruitlessly with Kagome.
“It certainly is!” To break the ice with the two sons, he decided to mention someone. “Can we borrow one of your cooks? Ayame needs someone to tutor her, she cooks horribly.” Kouga groaned and glared at his father.
“Oh? Is this Ayame person your cook?” Inu- Taisho said playfully.
“Of course not! She’s Kouga’s fiancée.” Kagome had a relieved look on her face when Ruyo mentioned this, and Sesshomaru relaxed his features. Kouga, however, had started to pick at his food. “She’s from a lower class clan than we are, but she’s a fine young woman for Kouga. Why, she even has the personality to keep him in line!” At this, he busted out laughing and Kouga turned red.
“Father…” He said, embarrassed. Kagome felt Sesshomaru’s hand rest on her pelvis, so she blushed profusely. When she and Sesshomaru had gotten done eating, he tried to get them excused.
“Well, that was a wonderful dinner, but Kagome and I have some things to do if you’ll excuse us.” Kouga glared at him, but Inu-Tashio had gotten a little buzz from the wine, so he dismissed them.
“Go on ahead, Sesshomaru. And find your brother.” As they walked away hand in hand, Kagome knew that Sesshomaru had something on his mind that had nothing to do with his brother.
-------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------
I’m so dirty minded. Ha! I bet there’s a very naughty scene next chapter. In fact, you’ll find the whole next chapter is a very lemony naughty scene. (Most likely M, so Don’t Read the next chapter if you don’t like reading stuff like that.) Sorry, but the Kouga fans hoping for some naked flesh this chapter will be disappointed. I couldn’t find a way to fit it into context this chapter, so you’ll have to wait for chapter four. Next chapter is very lemon, so if you can’t find this story anymore, it’s because I’m new and don’t know what too bad is. I’ll try to update once a week, so watch for it. I got so many reviews! Yay! I hardly get any reviews on my other fic, Fate, on Single spark (kagsess. Check it out! Its a little cliché, but who cares? It’s original in its own little way. Read and review, please!