InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Do You Do ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two

Inuyasha's P.O.V.

The girl came back with a small yellow bag that bulged with items. Something bothered me about this girl yet at the same time intrigued me. Never before had I seen a human or demon that displayed so little emotions.

That is unless you count my `dear' half-brother. Unlike me he was whole demon and Lord of the Western Lands. He was merciless in battles and killed with out a conscious.

We hated each other. A little while back he just ignored me until he found out that I had something he had coveted for a very long time. I had the Tetsegia, which had been commissioned from my father's fang. Now though the sword was mine and my brother hated that. Actually if he had had his way I wouldn't even be here today.

Back to the girl. She was a strange creature. After she had cleaned up with Sango, she had gone back to her village and gotten some things from her house.

It bothered me that her house had been the only thing standing and it bothered me she was the only one out of a hundred or more villagers that was left alive.

Turning my stare away from Kagome, I saw Sango and Miroku fighting. With out even having to strain my ears I heard everything they said.

Miroku's P.O.V.

"Why not!" Sango shouted at me.

"Because I will not having another woman so set out on revenge that she forgets the finer things in life." I said in much calmer voice than my dark haired vixen of a wife.

Her dark eyes when narrow at what I said and I knew what was coming, "Just because I train with determination does NOT mean that I am in any way set on revenge. Yes I want revenge, but so do the rest of these children that you have taken under your wing. What is one more?"

"She is a young woman who probably has never laid a finger on a weapon and I want it to stay that way. There are too many humans in this world that fight to kill and only kill. You started to be like that."

"I was NEVER like that and you know it!"

I ran my cursed hand through my hair and sighed, this would go on for hours if it weren't stopped.

"Pay attention dammat!" Sango shouted. Everyone turned their attention to us now. Sango rarely lost her control like this and when she did something bad would normally happen.

Without anyone knowing it the girl named Kagome walked up to us and put her hand softly on Sango's. Somehow this had a calming effect on her but what she said surprised me even more, "I do not need anyone's help. I can protect myself just find and anyway my mother told me not to go out for revenge. Both my mother and father knew what was going to happen but they did not stop it. Fate cannot be controlled.

"Sango," she said softly, "I have no intention of learning how to fight. If it can be avoided I never want to touch a weapon, but thanks, no one has ever stood up for me before."

I shot a surprised glance at the girl as she laid out a pallet close to the fire. Never before had anyone of us seen a young girl like this.

Somehow I knew that this was going to be a very strange few years.