InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Do You Do ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three

Sango's P.O.V.

Night seemed to fall more quickly in these parts of the country. So we couldn't even move out of the village. Hojo had already made a campfire and the strange girl Kagome was already down on her pallet as I nodded off to Hojo to put up a protection barrier.

"Hojo you and Kouga will have first watch. Inuyasha you and I will have the last watch and when my husband gets back we'll leave."

With that said I laid down on my own pallet to get some much needed sleep. The girl Kagome brought up a strange feeling inside me. She was only ten years younger than I was yet I felt protective over her. Sort of like how I had once felt about Kohaku.

God I still can't believe I had been the only one left alive. I had fought and almost died. When I had first met Miroku and his students I had tried to kill them. Later we had married in name only. I loved him yes, but I only loved him in the way I would a big brother. I loved all Miroku's students. They were like family to me. They were the only family I had left with me.

Something else bothered me. Kagome somehow had managed to control my anger at Miroku with a touch of her hand. There was much more than what met the eye to Kagome. I felt a strong power within her yet it was binded. It was like she had binded it on purpose but the only people I knew who did that were people who had decided to take the life of a warrior.

This strange Kagome girl had the strength of a warrior but the soul of a miko. Realizing I was getting nowhere with this line of thought I decided to get some sleep. The answers would come in time.

Kagome's P.O.V.

The fire was crackling gently as I lay there listening to these strange people flitting quietly about. For the second time in my life I was in the company of demons and humans alike. I do not think this was want my mother meant when she told me to live, but I really didn't care.

I really didn't want to. I had just lost all the people I had ever cared about but killing myself really hadn't flitted across my mind. My life may suck at the moment but it had been worse, at least now I was in the company of others that understood pain.

I have decided that I wouldn't tell them of my past. I didn't want to scare them away and I knew I would if I told them. I tended to scare many away when they found out who I had once been.

After figuring this out I quietly went to sleep.

Kouga's P.O.V.

The beautiful strange girl that seemed to have dropped from the very heavens themselves had finally gone to sleep. With my keen wolf-like hearing I could hear her gentle breathing.

For a few moments something had bothered this beautiful strange girl. Earlier she had smelt like she had had no emotion, which was a puzzle. There was only one person I knew who could smell like he had had no emotion, as well as express none was demon. I had only met him once and that once had been enough.

As Hojo and I took first watch I made a decision. That girl would be mine even if I had to go to the ends of the earth. She was so beautiful and she smelt so wonderful when she wasn't trying to stay emotionless. She smells like sakura blooms and vanilla after a brief summer shower. She also had a strong aura that if harnessed she could become quite powerful.

Yes, indeed she would be quite a wonderful mate.