InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ What Happened To Innocent Life? ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

(REVISED)
Title: What Happened To Innocent Life?
Summary: Inuyasha finds an injured half-demon dog pup. He brings her back to the others, they fix her up but she only give the group her name and she terrified of everyone except for Inuyasha.
Author's Note: I'm horrible I know. I know I still need to update some of my other stories but I just had to get this idea out of my head! Got a few quick question for ya though.
Does anyone know what the red part of Inuyasha kimono is called? Or how about his whit under shirt? Last one, his pant?
If anyone knows please do tell. It would be most help to me.
Chapter 1
“Mama, what's going on?” The six-year-old girl could easily smell the fear that was rolling off the woman that was her mother. Young, deep, golden eyes easily looked up through the darkness to look into her mother's unusual, powerful, blue eyes.
“Listen to me, Ashiko,” the woman finally stated calmly though fear was still trebling through her being. “Whatever happens to me, know that both your father and I loved you very much and that know what you must live, do you understand?” Ashiko leaned into her mother's hand as she began to scratch behind one of her amethyst color dog-ears that were on the top of her head.
“I understand mama, and I love you and daddy too,” the child answer with a small purr of content as her ear kept getting attention. Her purring continued even after her mother had removed hand, knowing that it would sooth some of her fears. Hearing the mat that made up the door open quietly, Ashiko whipped her head around; her ears alter to the soft padding of footsteps of people's feet and the smell of sweat and grime. Wrinkling her nose in disgust, a small growl of uncertainty passed through her throat as her mother held her close.
When four, strong looking men finally came into view, the mother didn't seem too surprised. After all, she was a prisoner in her own village - the village that she had been born into and raised, she had even discovered that she had some priestess abilities, but she had suppressed them and told no one. Now, she looked into the eyes of friends gone enemies and it was all because of the bundle she refused to dispose of in her arms. Even her own brother - her last living blood relative - stood in front of her, looking down upon her and her child as a guard.
One of the `guards' reached down, roughly grabbing the woman the hair and jerked her to her feet. She clenched her teeth together in an effort to keep from crying out, but she must have bitten her tongue or something she tasted thick substance fill her mouth. Once she was on her feet, the guard released her while two flank each side of her, her brother brought of the rear and the man that had pulled her to her feet led the way, leading the way out of the mother daughter prison.
However, outside was no better then in. Everyone stared and kept their children away, telling them that it was evil to have demon's child and even worst to touch, play or even speak to one.
“Arinka,” an elder voice called, causing everyone to stop what they where doing and look what was going on. Once everyone had gathered around the woman and child that was being imprisoned by four guards did the elder continue. “Have you made you choice? Will you destroy that abomination and save your own life or not?” Arinka didn't need to no what `abomination' that elder was speaking about. They had had this conversation at least a thousand times in the past six years and her answer has never changed. The only reason they had this conversation so many times is because they could sense the power Arinka desperately tried to hide.
“No, my answer still holds and always will.” Stubbornness and devotion gripped her as she glared at the aged woman she'd come to hate. Actually, all of the people she had once trusted here she now hated with a passion and it was fully returned to her.
Arinka's glare wavered a bit when the elder sighed heavily, before locking her hard brown eyes with Arinka's powerful blue one. The elder's red and white priestess garments swayed in the gentle breeze before everything went still.
“Then you give me no other choice. I hear by banish you from this village. Take nothing with you but the clothing on your back and the abomination in your arms, now be gone!” With the old priestess's orders, the guards surrounding the mother and daughter separated.
Arinka stood there, a shock expression on her face. They we're being told to leave at the beginning of winter, when there was at least a good foot of snow on the ground, with no food, water, or even decent clothing. She knew she would die for sure within the first day or two but her daughter - being a half-demon - could and most likely would survive the winter.
“I said be gone!” the elder yelled firmly. This snapped Arinka out of her thoughts and she turned to leave. She didn't look back nor say anything as she heard some of the villagers whisper her misfortunate for the future. Once she was at the very edge of the village, she placed her daughter on her feet and allowed her to walk own, knowing she'd like it.
“Do not let her live,” the elder priestess ordered once the pair were out of hearing range. Three out of four men nodded their heads in agreement, while the fourth just looked shocked. He started to protest but was sharply cut off. “She is no longer your sister. She laid with a demon and worst - had its child. Like I said before, you have no kin left. Prove where your loyalty's lie, with the demons or with your village.” The man with similar powerful, blue eyes as Arinka merely nodded though he didn't agree with what was happening.
**********
“I really don't think we should stop at this next village.” Sighing, the man with black hair tied back in a small dragon's tail recalled the last time he'd stayed at this particular village. His black and violet monk robe danced in the chilly breeze and his staff jingled in a soothing rhythm.
“Why not Miroku?” Two feminine voices had asked to simultaneously.
Looking up, Miroku's violet eyes first spotted Kagome. Her long, ebony colored hair went down to about her waist and it framed her face, bring out her blue-gray eyes. She wore a down jacket that when to about her knees and you could just make out Shippo's face trying to get a peak from under Kagome's chin. With a musical giggle, Kagome unzipped her jack a little more - allowing the fox kit to look around.
Drawing his eyes away from Kagome, Miroku from the other woman in the group that had asked him a question - Sango. At the moment, her long brownish-black hair was down, going to her mid thigh. She wore a traditional kimono, but Miroku - as well as the others - knew that she also wore her demon exterminator uniform under that, incase of an attack. Kirara sat in her arms keeping her warm.
“Well, ladies, this village is not very fond of demons,” Miroku answered. There was six being in their rag-tag group and half of them had demon blood in them and that would be: Kirara, the two tailed fire cat demon, Shippo, the fox kit, and of course Inuyasha, half dog-demon.
“So? What village is every fond of demons coming into their village?” Inuyasha spat. He was annoyed at the monk's stupidity. It was common knowledge that villager didn't like demons coming into their villages'. If they did like demons coming into their homes, they where crazy; simple as that in Inuyasha's opinion. Usually, it took them forever to get the village chief to allow their unusual group to stay in their village just because of the company that was kept.
“Well, Inuyasha, I once stayed at this village with Hachie,” Miroku started to explain. “It was peaceful enough at first, but when we were asleep in the hut that had been given to us for the night, they try slitting our throats. Of course, I got me and Hackie out of there but I myself promised that I would never go back there.”
Inuyasha stared at the monk for a few moments, golden eyes calculating. “Did you grope the girls?” He finally asked, he's voice held something that said it was his own fault.
“Actually no, it happened when I was a boy, before my father passed. Though I can't remember why I was traveling with Hachie's…”
“That must have been really scary!” Shippo's voice sounded from inside Kagome's jacket so it was muffled. The thoughtful Miroku merely nodded, not really listening to the kit.
Inuyasha suddenly stopped, causing Kagome to run into his strong red and silver covered back. Blue eyes scanned the half demon's face in concern. She notice that he had a look of concentration as he continued to breathe deeply - scenting the icy breeze.
“Inuyasha, what's wrong?” Kagome asked softly as Shippo popped his head out of her coat to see what was wrong with his `mother'.
Kneeling down in front of Kagome Inuyasha gestured for her to on his back. Giving him a questionable look, Kagome did what was silently asked of her. She buried her faced into his thick silver mane, knowing that it was going to be a cold ride as she cuddled Shippo closer to her being. Kagome already knew that Kirara had transformed into her bigger form, now carrying both Miroku and Sango on her back.
With the smell of death and children in his nose, Inuyasha headed toward the area, hoping that it would lead them closer to Naraku. His nose led him to what looked to be a peaceful, snow covered cleaning, but his instincts told him differently.
“Wait here.” He set Kagome down and didn't wait for an answer from the others as he walked out into the cleaning, his nose conforming that there was something dead there and it was human. Inuyasha's nose also picked up on another's half-breed's scent, but this one was younger. Ignoring that scent, he continued looking around the frozen clearing.
After a few minutes of searching, Inuyasha finally discoveries what he was looking for. They where half buried in snow, seemingly asleep to the naked eye. He could see how the see how the woman had a protective hold on - what he was guessing - her child. Golden eyes widen as Inuyasha examined the child. Now, he knew why he was so eager to find these bodies, the child was a dog demon pup! Or at else a half-breed dog demon pup!
He turned his back to leave the two to their eternal peace, when he thought he heard a small, whine. Pricking his silver ears, he stopped his movements to listen. When nothing came to him, he passed it off as a trick of the wind and started on his away once more. Taking no more than two steps, he heard another whine, though this time it was louder and it was accompanied by the sound of crunching snow.
Whipping around towards the sound Inuyasha's yellow-golden eyes widen. There, now lying on her side facing him was the pup that moments before had been facing the other direction - snuggling into its dead mother's side. Examining it from what little distance separated them, Inuyasha could tell the pup was either seriously hurt or had soaked blood into her clothes from her mother's wounds - but if Inuyasha had to guess, he would have to say it was more likely the first of the two by the way the pup was acting.
Retracing his steps back to the child he knelt down next to her, unsure of what to do. Gently he touched his claw to her face and found that her skin was like ice. Frowning at this, he took off his top lay of clothing so that he could wrap it around her. Ignoring her whimpers of pain, though feeling bad for her and trying to sooth her as best to his abilities, Inuyasha finally had the young pup wrapped in his red top shirt. Picking her up gently, he started heading back towards where he had left the others.