InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Xue Fang: Lady of the West ❯ Meeting ( Chapter 3 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]
Bowing slightly to the demon before her, she rose her head to take in his appearance. She had to tilt her head up to look at him, seeing as he was towering above her petite form. His long silver tresses were pulled neatly into a high ponytail, unruly bang shading his warm colored eyes. His chiseled face held the markings of a taiyoukai and the lord of the west, matching blue slashes across his high cheekbones and a crescent moon upon his forehead. Steel shoulder guards adorned his broad shoulders, and connected to a black chest plate. His white haori was made of the finest silk, accompanied with a matching hakama. All and all she found him quite attractive, and certainly not what she had expected.

His deep laughter filled the courtyard when Xue Fang seemed to daze off as she stared at him. This seemed to break her out of her stupor, because she quickly averted her gazed to look at the ground like it was the most fascinating thing in the world.

“Welcome to my palace Lady Fang, I thank you for coming to our aid in this time of war” he said bowing faintly to the embarrassed woman.

“If I may ask, where is my retainer?” he questioned.

It was then that he noticed how wet she was, her short black her stuck to the sides of her tanned face, her blue dress dripping to form a small puddle at her feet. As much as it pleased him to see her nipples pert pressing against the fabric, he knew she must be cold and weary from the long journey.

“Mai-chan, can you please show our guest to the hot springs and get her a change of clothes” Inutaisho requested.

A demoness who reminded her of her own handmaid Huan Yue stepped forward to assist her. She had long wavy brown hair, forest green eyes, plump cheeks and pouty cherry colored lips. Smiling at her she shuffled over, her long green uchikake trailing behind her.

“Right this way M’lady” she said taking her hand in hers.

“Bring her to my study before dinner Mai-chan” Inutaisho remarked before turning and leaving the courtyard himself.

The remaining audience turned to get back to their duties, pairing off and gossiping among themselves. The dragon also departed, returning to a large cave near the castle.


~

She sunk further into the steaming waters, sighing blissfully. Mai had taking her through a maze of polished corridors before reaching the room that housed the spring. Prior to leaving her she had requested some alcohol be brought to her, and was impatiently awaiting her return.

The room was quite extravagant murals were painted along the wooden walls. She was surprised at the size of the spring, it was at least fifty paces long with large flat boulders surrounding the edge suitable for lounging on. Hurriedly stripping from her sopping dress she dropped it on the ground. Finding a pail she dipped in in the spring than rinsed herself before entering the spring.

Mai returned after several minutes, a large jug and cup in her hand. Moving to kneel beside the bathing demoness, she uncorked the jug and poured in the awaiting cup. Ignoring the cup Mai had prepared, Xue Fang swiped the jug from the girls had.

“You can have that…”She offered before attaching her mouth to the lip of the jug.

While Xue Fang took great gulps of the sweet liqueur, Mai sipped at the cup leisurely astonished by Xue Fangs drinking habits. She was not accustomed to women drinking as much as Xue Fang, hell she wasn’t accustomed to seeing men drink to such an extent!

Setting her empty cup down attract the drinking woman’s attention. Peeling her lips from the beverage she refilled Mai’s cup and resumed gulping down the tasty drink.

When Mai didn’t pick up the cup, she turned and glared.

“I don’t like drinking alone…” she mentioned motioning her to pick up the alcohol filled cup.

Mai obliged, and resumed her sipping. Content that she wasn’t drinking alone for once, she took another great swig.

“M’lady that is a demon beverage from a distant mountain, it’s very strong and should be drank with caution…” Mai suggested worriedly. Last time she’d seen someone drink as much of the beverage as Xue Fang it had been the lord of the castle. He had gotten extremely drunk and wandered about the women’s quarters flirting shamelessly with passing ladies of the court.

Xue Fang of course snorted loudly and waved her hand dismissing the warning.

“I’ve been drinking hundreds of years before you were even conceived pup! I know my limit!” Xue Fang snapped and continued downing the beverage.

Mai looked doubtful. Though Xue Fang was indeed centuries older and probably drank often, the beverage in her hand was exceedingly potent and made especially for demons. Humans couldn’t even drink a cup without being shit faced or falling into an unconscious heap.

Xue Fang set down the jug with a hollow thud at the side of the spring. Never before had Mai seen someone empty an entire jug of the mountain brewed drink, and in one sitting! Mai fretted worriedly, how was Xue Fang going to react to the brew? What would she do when she got to the master’s study?

Pushing her worries aside she took the empty jug and cup and excused herself. Only to return with a furisode and obi in hand.

Xue Fang dried herself off before Mai slipped the dark red kimono over her shoulders. The kimono had an elaborate painting on the back of red sakura trees in bloom, petals falling to the bottom of the dress. Mai closed the front and tied the matching obi round her waist, puling it tight.

Taking a comb from her own hair, Mai combed her wetted locks till they were untangled and returned the comb to her own hair.

“Now to the master’s study” Mai exclaimed signaling her to follow once again.



********
Thanks for reading, please review!