InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ You Don't Know What You Have 'Till Its Gone ❯ Split in Two ( Chapter 19 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

{Disclaimer: Inuyasha doesn't belong to me so don't sue. ::sighs:: unless someone would like to give him to me. I would have a ball playing with those ears.}

You Don't Know What You Have 'Till It's Gone

By Striking Falcon

Chapter Twenty: Split in Two

Two years later…

Kagome and Sango sat in the cafeteria after school, studying for their senior exams. They had different classes except one, history. They laughed in the middle of the first day's lecture, finding how wrong the teacher was about Feudal Japan too funny to be real, earning them both detentions. Since then, they learned to keep quiet, staying in the back of the class. They made good marks in the class, but the final exam was 30% of their grade. Kagome sighed. "Sango, what do you think?" she asked as Sango pulled her pencil out of her mouth.

"I think this sucks."

Kagome laughed, slamming her book closed with a loud bang. "Well, it beats running from bloodthirsty demons."

Sango giggled. "Yeah, I've traded bloodthirsty demons for essay-thirsty teachers. I need some action!"

Suddenly the cafeteria doors burst open, and Kagome's friends poured in and ran to the end of their table.

"Oh my God, you'll never guess what's happening outside!"

Kagome and Sango glanced out the window, watching as students ran past them to the front of the school.

"What?"

"It's a filming of one of the 'Matrix' movies!"

Eri, the one with the headband, smacked Harumi's arm lightly. "Don't be stupid! Who would shoot a film in front of this school?"

Harumi rubbed her arm. "Ow. That's what it looks like."

The wavy-haired girl, Shizuko, stepped forward, "I think she's right, Eri."

"No she's not! It's just some guys fighting!"

"Nu-uh!"

Kagome and Sango stared at each other as the three girls started to argue. Sango sighed and tapped the table with her pencil, bringing the group to order. "Would you three get to the point? We need to study."

Eri nodded. "Well, whoever they are, it does look like a fight. Harumi thinks it's a movie filming because all three guys are dressed in business suits."

"Business suits?" Kagome repeated, eyebrows raised. "How weird."

Yeah!" Harumi nodded, shoving Eri aside to lean on the table. "Well, the guy with the red hair and green eyes had on black slacks and a white dress shirt with at black tie, but the other guys were dressed like Neo from the 'Matrix'."

"Did she bump her head on the way in here?" Sango asked Shizuko. Shizuko shook her head.

"Anyway," Harumi interrupted. "The other guys look like they might be brothers. The red-head kept calling the younger one 'Pop' or something like that. Anyway, the older brother had on a black business suit with a blue-gray tie," She leaned closer to Kagome, staring at her. "Kind of like your eyes, Kagome. Anyway, his trench coat was the best part about him. It was black too, and long. It reached his ankles! He looked like one of those western movies or something. The younger brother had on a pinstripe suit, black too. He had a black hat on his head when he first arrived."

A loud roar came from the crowd outside and Harumi paused, catching a breath. Kagome and Sango looked at Eri and Shizuko.

"That's what you get when you let someone who wants to major in fashion tell you about a fight," Sango grumbled, rubbing her temples to keep back her growing headache. Kagome rolled her eyes.

"Why does Harumi think the two in business suits are brothers?" Sango wondered out loud, her head thumping on the pages of her book.

Eri sighed. "Because they look alike. Well, there are slight differences, like one brother has pointy ears, and the other seems to have ears like my dog, Penny."

Sango's head shot up as Kagome nearly fell out her chair.

"SAY WHAT?!"

Eri, Harumi and Shizuko backed toward the cafeteria doors. Kagome and Sango glared at each other, shaking their heads.

"It can't be who we think it is, can it?" Kagome asked. Sango shrugged. "Don't know unless we ask. Hey Eri!" Eri stepped closer, the other two ready to run at any minute as another cheer came from outside.

"What do they look like?"

"Well," she started, clearing her throat. "Like Harumi said, one was a red-head with green eyes, and the two guys had funny ears. They had funny silver hair, I think, and gol-"

Sango and Kagome zoomed past them and out the cafeteria. They ran out the front of the school and shoved get a good view, with Kagome's friends behind them. A familiar snarl split the air around them.

"What are you doing here?"

"I've come for my fiancé."

"Unless you're talking about Sango, she's not your fiancé!"

Kagome's friends turned to look at Sango, along with a few members of the crowd who knew her. Sango blushed, but Kagome started to shake. 'Oh no. I don't need this. Not now.' She watched as Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru circled around each other, Inuyasha in his usual rush, and Sesshoumaru with his calm grace. Shippou, the red-head Harumi was talking about, was standing between them, shouting at them both.

"Stop it, you two! Can you imagine how embarrassed she is right now, with you two fighting in front of her school! Mom is going to have a fit!"

Kagome and Sango paled as Kagome' s friends snickered.

"They must be fighting over one of the teachers here," Eri said as Kagome and Sango moved behind them.

Harumi sighed. "What a lucky teacher."

Kagome laughed bitterly, leaning against Sango's shoulder. "Oh God, what did I do to deserve this?"

The wind blew past them suddenly and all three men disappeared. The crowd cheered and clapped before slowly dispersing. Kagome and Sango breathed a sigh of relief as Eri, Harumi and Shizuko turned around to look at them. Harumi had a dreamy look in her eyes. "To be fought over like that by two handsome guys has got to be the greatest thing in the world."

"I don't think I'll agree with you," Kagome muttered, running a hand through her hair. She felt a rush of wind around her as her friends' eyes bulged.

"What?" she asked. Eri pointed to Kagome's left, and Shizuko pointed to the right. Harumi looked ready to faint. Kagome looked to Eri's direction and gasped.

Inuyasha stood over her, grinning. "Long time no see, Kagome."

Kagome blinked, forgetting Shizuko for a second. A gentle tug on the front of her shirt alerted her to Shizuko's direction and she turned again. Sesshoumaru stood on the other side, giving one of his rare smiles.

"I've waited long enough for your answer, Kagome."

"Oh…My…God!" Harumi gasped. "Kagome, you're who they're fighting over?!"

"Better late than never, Harumi," Sango muttered. Kagome gulped, looking from one brother to the other. Inuyasha grabbed her arm and tugged her to him.

"Let's go, Kagome."

Sesshoumaru's fist shot past Kagome's head, connecting with Inuyasha's nose. Inuyasha cursed darkly as Sesshoumaru pulled Kagome closer to his chest.

"What did I say about you putting your filthy hands on her?"

Inuyasha scowled and ran up to them. Kagome ducked out of the way as Shippou came out of the trees above to stop them.

"Hey, do you two want to spend the night in jail? I don't, so stop before the police get called!"

He waited for his wise words to seep in. Sesshoumaru and Inuyasha stopped fighting, but watched each other warily. Shippou glanced at Kagome.

"Why not let Mom decide?"

Inuyasha and Sesshoumaru nodded. They turned to Kagome, who would have smacked Shippou if he were close enough.

'Oh no. What'll I do now?' she wondered, staring at them both.

'Which one do I choose?'

Fin

----

SF: Ack! Don't hurt me! I'm sorry!

Sesshou: I will not fight over a human with that that half breed.

SF: Good. (then in a small voice) because I don't know what else to do with this story.

Sesshou and Inuyasha: WHAT?!!!!

{::Sesshou and Inu-chan chase SF into the rafters::}

SF: Here I am, in the rafters again. I've missed it up here. Look people, I need some help. If anyone has a clue as to how I can go on with this story, please drop me a line at SiOnErChest@aol.com. Help! I need it!

Reviewers:

Kurai: Thanks!

Sesshoumaruboi: I'm sure by now you're ready to flame me to tiny bits, but don't until I say this one thing: I'm stuck on what to write for the sequel. Now you may flame.

Sesshyangel: She was going to seal the well for a few months and come back, but completing the jewel sent her back to her time for good. Um, Sesshou hasn't asked her, but he did make a claim for her. Yup, it was just a rating change. It's a trip. I warned people before I actually changed it. Stupid me, huh? The Jump Off Part One explains it, but I might not have been clear. Um, Sesshou killed a fake Kikyou so Inu-chan could say something dumb to convince Kagome to stay.

Chihiro: I think it's sweet too.

Sesshoumarulover1: Thanks for the love and for doing what I asked. I'm sure Sesshyangel appreciates it. Tell Julio I said thank you too!

LLF: I'm so sorry for that. I know I'm a big meanie.

Anonymous: Thanks for the love!

Neko-Yasha: Thanks for the love, but I bet by now you're ready to hang me. I can't figure out what to do for a sequel, so if you have any ideas send them.

Faith: Thanks for the love!

SilverSurfAngel: Thanks for the love! I know, I wanted a little dinner before the dessert, if you know what I mean, but then I got stuck. Please help!

Silver Trix: Thanks for the love and I hope you're not too mad!

Lefty: Thanks for the love! Here's the last chapter!

CoCo: Thanks for the love and I hope you're not mad about this last chapter. I'm thinking as hard as I can, but when a fic spawns from a dream you kinda just have to let it ride until you dream the sequel.

Mistress Fluffy: I'm glad you found it! I'll email you as soon as I can!

Em: Yes, ff is a real trip. I've read some that made even me blush, and I'm used to some strange stuff.

Lady Sesshoumaru: Yeah, I know. Destiny always manages to bite one on the butt.