Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction ❯ The Transience of Memory ❯ Tease ( Chapter 7 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Author's notes: Typical disclaimer I own nothing of Kingdom Hearts.
 
 
 
Chapter 6:
 
 
The sky was high and clear on his 5th day of gofering. Hayner grinned, feeling the wind through his thin green shirt. It was one of his favorites, sporting an intricate vertical pattern in white framing the logo for one of his preferred skater brands. Plus, it didn't clash with his dark grey swim trunks, which had green stripes running up their pocketed sides.
 
He had really lucked out that a day at the beach was going to count as a day of slave labor. He arrived at about 10am and noticed his teammates from the day before were hanging out on the sand just past the volleyball area. He was about to go over to say hi, but decided he should wait for Seifer first. He didn't want to miss him, and invoke his wrath. He went to sit at one of the pavilions.
 
He almost didn't see Seifer at first. He had taken to looking for the skully and trench coat to set him apart. He waved to catch the thug's attention. He was wearing his skully, but other than that, his clothes looked like they belonged to someone else. He had on a comfortable-looking white cotton shirt, and bleached-khaki colored cutoffs. He looked like a regular beach bum, casually taking a drag off his half finished cigarette as he strolled up barefoot. Hayner wondered if there was ever an environment that made Seifer seem out of place, that would stilt his charisma. Or was the gang leader one of those rare people who could blend in anywhere like it was their natural element?
 
“Hey,” Seifer greeted him.
 
“Hey,” Hayner replied. He was surprised the miscreant hadn't parted with his black skully, even for the beach. Now he was really starting to wonder what he was hiding under there.
 
“Haaaaaaaaaayneeeeeeerr!!” someone shouted.
 
Hayner located the source of the commotion. His volleyball friends had noticed him, and were waving him over. Zane was the shouter.
 
They had a blanket set out on the sand that was large enough to accommodate all five of them, and then some. Trixie was sunning herself in a low slung blue canvas fold-out chair, a wide-brimmed straw hat on her head. Zane and Bo were digging in a cooler that was weighing down another of the blanket's corner. Zane tossed one of its contents to Seifer, who caught it, nonplused.
 
“C'mon, its not even noon yet!” Hayner exclaimed when he saw the object had been a bottle of beer. Geez, everybody seemed intent on drinking at the oddest times of day. Zane and Bo clinked their open bottles together, and drank almost a third of their beers in a continued swallow.
 
“You don't drink?” Trixie asked him, lowering her sunglasses to peer at him.
 
“Not really.”
 
“Then hush up, sweetie,” she said primly.
 
Bo jumped up suddenly, having finished his beer. “Hayner, Frisbee, come on.” He grabbed at Hayner's arm and yanked him up, almost falling in the process.
 
Seifer popped the top off his beer, inclining the bottle to Zane in a gesture of thanks. The brunette blushed slightly, having been caught in the act of staring. Seifer felt the corner of his mouth tug up in a knowing smile, causing the other boy to blush harder. He mumbled something about Frisbee, and jumped up to join the other two boys.
 
Seifer took a long drink of beer.
 
“You are something else,” Trixie said, impressed. “Is there anyone who doesn't just fall helplessly at your feet?”
 
“One or two,” he deadpanned.
 
“How are you coming along with Hayner?” she asked, sitting forward.
 
He looked askance at her, his face unreadable, then took another swallow of beer.
 
“That bad? It looks so promising, though…” she paused. “You should just put the moves on him. I don't think waiting will do you any good.” She clapped her hands suddenly in glee. “Oh, you guys would be so HOT together! I can just see it.” She got a starry-eyed look as she evidently was picturing some sort of X-rated scene between the two of them.
 
Seifer shot her a vaguely annoyed look. “You're rather nosy, aren't you?”
 
“Yes.” She smiled serenely.
 
He had to laugh at that. She was pretty ballsy, for a girl.
 
 
********
 
“Are you just going to sit there all day?” Hayner asked Seifer in a petulant voice. He was sick of Frisbee, and Zane was annoying him with all the surreptitious glances he kept throwing at the thug.
 
“What would you have me do, runt?” he asked with a crooked smile, spreading arms wide from where he lay back, propped up on his elbows. Trixie stifled a snicker.
 
Hayner cast an arm out to point at the wide blue ocean. “Swim?” he suggested haughtily.
 
Seifer scowled faintly. He knew this was going to come up eventually. “Fine.”
 
Hayner watched avidly as Seifer pulled the skully off his head, exposing his hair for the first time.
 
“Oooo, honey, that is some sexy hair you've got there,” Trixie chimed in, earning a dark look from Seifer. His pale blonde hair was cut in an edgy style, cropped close on the sides, long bangs falling into his eyes. It looked soft.
 
“Not very befitting of the thug image though, is it?” Hayner teased, earning himself a glare. Oh, he was never letting Seifer live this one down. No wonder he always wore that damn skully.
 
Seifer began to remove his shirt, temporarily wiping all the jokes from Hayner's mind. Almost in slow motion, the shirt revealed his lean, muscled abs, and a sculpted chest. Then it was being pulled over Seifer's head and tossed onto the blanket. Hayner swallowed. His pecs were… impressive. His broad shoulders looked even more so without his trench coat and usual shirt, giving his upper body an appealing V-shape.
 
“See something you like?” Seifer asked.
 
Hayner snapped out of his reverie. “I-I was just thinking I need to get to the gym more often,” he stammered.
 
Seifer stepped close to him, brushing Hayner's hips as he grabbed the edge of his shirt, pulling it up. A faint blush stained the blonde's cheeks as he raised his arms, allowing Seifer to undress him. Seifer threw the green garment onto the blanket, and headed for the water.
 
“Damn, he's smooth,” Trixie said to herself.
 
 
They stayed in and around the water for a few hours, swimming, and all four of them took turns skin boarding with the boards Bo and Zane produced. Hayner had never tried doing it before. He watched them run at breakneck speeds across the wave-flattened sand, veering at the last minute to fling themselves onto the boards and skim crazily across the shallow water. He decided it looked like fun.
 
Hayner was surprised when Seifer first grabbed a board. After watching Zane and Bo, he'd decided there was no way to do this without looking a little ridiculous. Bo seemed to have more style than Zane, who was in the habit of making most of his runs half hunched over so that he could shift to the board easier. The mohawked boy ran and leapt with an enthusiasm bordering on insanity. He grinned as his body was whipped around, sometimes burning out spectacularly in a flurry of limbs and water and looking like he'd get himself killed any second. But, somehow, Seifer was adept at this too, giving Bo a run for his money.
 
How annoying, Hayner thought. Has he done this before, or is he just good ateverything?
 
Now that it was established that he was the only newbie, he steeled himself against the inevitability of making a fool of himself.
 
 
*******
 
“Hayner, would you mind putting up our umbrella?” The thin red-haired girl asked him, later. They had all decided to take a break from the sun, and grab a bite to eat. He got it pushed deep enough into the sand that a gust of wind wouldn't knock it over on top of them, and hit the release button. It opened with a satisfying foowomp! It was a bit cramped trying to fit everyone under the shade, but with creative arranging, and overlapping limbs, it worked.
 
Bo dug into their cooler, producing a salad for Trixie, a few granola bars, apples, and packets of crackers.
 
“Got any water?” Hayner tried peering into the cooler, but he was too far to see.
 
“Hang on,” the tip of Bo's tongue poked out in concentration as his he rummaged through the ice, arm disappearing into the cooler up to the elbow. “Aarrrrgh,” he grimaced as the cold began numbing his fingers. He eventually produced three bottles, apologizing that there weren't enough for them all. “When we packed, we thought it'd be just the three of us,” he explained. “Guess we'll just have to share.” He tossed one to Trixie, and one to Hayner. “Me and Zane'll share, we're used to it. You guys cool?”
 
“Yeah,” Hayner said, uncapping the bottle, and pouring some water into his mouth. He and Roxas and the gang often shared like this. Sometimes you didn't want or need a whole drink, so it was easier to just share. They'd perfected the technique so they could even pour without touching their mouths to the can or bottle. Totally hygienic. He loved his friends, but he wasn't keen on swapping spit with them. He wiped at the corner of his mouth with the back of his hand, and passed the bottle to Seifer.
 
“Do you guys have any sunscreen stashed in there, by any chance?” Hayner asked. “I think I'm gonna start to burn soon, and I forgot to bring some.”
 
Bo looked put-upon. “So unprepared,” he lamented dramatically, shaking his head. He pulled a white plastic bottle out of one of their bags, glancing up at Hayner as he brushed the purple strands of his disheveled mohawk out of his eyes. The sun was glinting off the artificial color, pulling out deep electric blues and violets. It really was cool hair, maybe even more so the way it was now, lying down all flat and messy.
 
Bo gave Hayner a precursory glance. “Okay, you're dry already. Come `ere, I'll do your back.”
 
Hayner crawled over Trixie, and Zane's feet, to the other side of Bo. He squeezed some lotion into his hand for his front, so he could do it while Bo did his back, before sitting down. He set to work, applying it to his chest and stomach, and then his arms as Bo's hands smoothed the warm liquid across his back.
 
He closed his eyes, as Bo's firm hands rubbed the lotion in, and skated across his skin. It was kinda nice, almost like a massage.
 
It was really pleasant out today. The sun wasn't brutally hot, and a gentle breeze made it even less so. Lazy white clouds cast temporary shade across the sparkling sand, and the world seemed comprised of white, blue, and gold. He could still see it all on the back of his eyelids. He could hear the lapping, rolling waves as they ebbed and surged gently at the shore, and the lonely cries of seagulls as they milled on the sand and circled overhead.
 
He felt those fingers brush lower, just underneath the waistband of his swim trunks. Must've been on accident, he thought.
 
A few minutes went by, and suddenly, he wasn't so sure. The peacefulness of the moment started to fade. He was pretty certain that it wouldn't take this long to put on sunscreen, no matter how thorough you were. And Bo's hands were trailing over his skin, and up his sides in a somewhat suggestive manner.
 
“Are you sure you're not attached?” Bo asked softly, speaking low, so that only Hayner could hear him; a wandering hand slipping much further beneath his shorts, caressing the skin there. His face and actions were hidden from the others from where he sat behind the blonde.
 
Hayner's eyes jumped open, his heartbeat thudding in his throat. He was totally being hit on!
 
His startled gaze landed arbitrarily on Seifer, who was directly across from him. The thug was watching them through the tops of his eyes, emanating a dangerous aura, the light blonde hair doing little to cut the effect. It reminded him of the look he'd had in the street fight.
 
“Y-Yeah, um thanks for the help, Bo,” he scampered up, missing the defiant look Bo gave Seifer when the gang leader directed that gaze at him. His nerves were jangling unpleasantly, his movements feeling jerky and wrong. He really wanted to just go back out into the water, and escape the awkwardness he now felt, but he didn't want to make a scene, and call attention to what had just transpired. He felt a little violated, and also a little disturbed that the come-on wasn't freaking him out as much as he thought it should. He returned to his original spot, grabbing an apple and biting into it loudly, trying to distract himself.
 
Zane, not to be outdone, offered to apply the sunscreen to Seifer.
 
Seifer almost declined, more than a little irritated with these people as it was. He was damn certain Bo was trying to move in on Hayner, and it infuriated him. But there was nothing he could really do about it. He had no real claim on the blonde yet. And the girl, offering unwanted `advice' and encouragement. Doesn't anyone mind their own damn business anymore?
 
“Sure,” he replied casually to the brunette, wiping the annoyance from his face, and forcing a slight smirk. The boy looked a bit flustered, and he quickly moved behind him. He felt the slight tremor in Zane's hands, making even more obvious than before that he had developed a substantial crush on him.
 
Seifer glanced surreptitiously at Hayner. He was still acting skittish, and had devoured the apple at an amazing pace, but he had looked up at the exchange between him and Zane. The smirk had been for his benefit. He wanted Hayner's eyes on him, observing him as he flirted meaninglessly with the blushing boy behind him. He wanted to know if Hayner had any jealousy at all seeing someone else's hands on him.
 
He leaned back into Zane's hands, tipping his head back, as if enjoying the attention, watching Hayner from beneath lowered lids. The boy looked like a deer caught in the headlights, taking in the scene. His mouth hanging slightly agape as he noticed Zane's increased nervousness and reddening cheeks. Seifer flexed his shoulders languidly, as if stretching, pulling those brown eyes back to him. They lingered over his body, before rising hesitantly to his face. Seifer smiled sexily, throwing some comment or other over his shoulder at Zane flirtatiously. He ignored the stuttered reply, having no real interest in the response, watching Hayner's expression carefully. He looked transfixed, eyes holding a mixture of uncertainty and something that came close to anticipation.
 
“Thanks,” he said to Zane as he stood a couple minutes later, not knowing if the boy had finished yet, and not caring. Fuck the sunscreen, he was done with this.
 
“Come on, shrimp, you owe me a race,” he said as he started towards the water. Hayner glanced at the others, looking a little relieved when their eyes met again. Zane was staring after Seifer all mooney-eyed, Bo was looking especially sour, and Trixie had her nose in a book but was smirking as she glanced over the top.
 
 
They stayed for a few more hours, then said their goodbyes, Seifer cramming the skully back over his hair gratefully when they got dressed. Hayner was right about the image thing. People took him a lot less seriously when they could see his light hair. He'd taken to covering it up years ago, with great results.
 
Hayner found himself wondering if Seifer had walked all the way here without shoes. It hadn't seemed weird when the thug had arrived, it merely lent a carefree vagabond air to the older boy. But as they neared the exit, approaching the hot concrete of the street, he could think of nothing else.
 
“You hungry?” he asked Hayner, pausing by a dilapidated bike rack to retrieve the black sandals he'd stashed there earlier. He really hated the damn things. They were foam-soled, and had the toe thong, which he grew to hate in the few minutes he'd worn them on the walk to the beach. He didn't appreciate having his feet feel like they were being violated with every step he took. He rarely wore anything but his boots, but he'd needed something to wear that he wouldn't mind if it got lost or stolen. He was mildly disappointed they were still there.
 
“Yeah, that apple didn't hold me off too long.” Aha! That's how you did it. I'm surprised no one took them… “How about splitting pizza at the Mexican place?” Hayner suggested.
 
“Sounds good. I could really go for a margarita.” He sighed. Those people really wore him out. By the end, he'd wanted to beat each of them personally, just for different reasons.
 
 
********
 
 
“Well, I guess I'll be heading home now,” Hayner said as they left Maria's. It had taken a while for them to be served, a while for them to eat, and a while for Seifer to hit bottom on the margaritas. He was exhausted, and couldn't wait to get home and take a shower. Sand was… everywhere.
 
“Home?” Seifer laughed. “You don't get to go home.”
 
Hayner put his hands on his hips in a standoffish display. “What do you mean?”
 
“You'll be staying at my place.” Seifer cut off his protests with a sharp look, clapping a hand to the back of the boy's neck, exerting a mild pressure. “You've gotten quite the break from being a proper lackey.” He leaned in almost menacingly, accentuating his words with a light shake, making Hayner shrink back guiltily. “Now it's time to make it up.”
 
“Can I stop by my house first?” Hayner asked delicately, as Seifer began walking again.
 
“No,” he replied shortly.
 
“Eh? But I need things!” Hayner glared at his back. Screw delicacy. “I need clothes, and a shower, and what am I supposed to use for a toothbrush?” he lamented.
 
“You can borrow stuff, shrimp,” he growled, “And I'll give you a toothbrush. I have spares.”
 
Hayner trudged along behind him. What was it with Seifer? One minute he was being almost nice, and the next, he reverted back into thuggish behavior, all orders and scary looks. Which side was real? Or were both of them just pieces of his personality? He sighed heavily, and wondered which he would be dealing with for the remainder of the evening.
 
 
*******
 
“How am I supposed to borrow your clothes?” Hayner complained. “They're not gonna fit.” They were arguing the clothing issue now, as Hayner needed something to put on after his shower.
 
“You're not that much smaller, it should be fine.”
 
This from the guy that called him “runt” and “shrimp” excessively. Hayner crossed his arms over his chest, as Seifer rifled through a drawer.
 
“Here, these are older, they ought to fit you.” He threw a pair of cargo-style shorts at him, and continued to search for a shirt.
 
“Just don't give me any of those midriff tops you like so much,” Hayner said snarkily, trying to goad the other boy. “They aren't my thing.”
 
Seifer abandoned the search, and cuffed him in the head.
 
“Ow!” Hayner whined, even though it was a light thwap to the head.
 
“If you're going to be like that,” Seifer rounded on him with a wicked grin, grabbing the shorts back, “you could just not wear anything at all.”
 
Hayner felt his face burn at the implication, and the weird feeling in his stomach. He grabbed at the shorts, having to pull them from Seifer's grasp as the thug laughed at him. He gathered the towel and washcloth he'd been given, ignoring the shirt Seifer tossed him as it landed on his head while he stormed towards the bathroom. Damn punk.
 
 
*******
 
Seifer was sprawled in his desk chair at the computer, listening to the water run as he waited for his turn in the shower. He had a somewhat small place, just a simple one bedroom apartment, so he only had one bathroom. It usually wasn't a problem. He didn't often have anyone over.
 
He wasn't entirely sure what his intentions were, forcing Hayner to stay over like this. But, it seemed like they had only just left the wretchedness of the beach, and associated people, when Hayner had mentioned going home.
 
The end of the week was fast approaching, and he'd barley gotten to know him yet. At this rate, they'd be back where they started. Back to the bickering, and the rivalry, and the attitude, and that was only if he saw the boy. He might just decide to disappear like he'd been doing before their little competition.
 
Chances like this rarely cropped up, so he had to make the best of it with what time they had left. If that required forced sleepovers the next few nights, so be it. He didn't think Hayner would call his bluff. He could be quite intimidating, after all.
 
The bathroom door opened with the stiff sound of wood on wood. It was shoddy craftsmanship, the door being mounted so high that it caught on the frame when it closed and opened. It was annoying, but Seifer hadn't inconvenienced himself to have it fixed. He didn't bother shutting it when he was alone anyway. He turned at the sound.
 
Billows of steam escaped into the bedroom as Hayner emerged from the shower, wet, clean and shirtless. Seifer found himself staring, eyes panning, rapidly taking in every detail. The blonde had a towel on his head, which he was rubbing around with both hands to dry his hair. His abs were tensed, chest flexing with the rapid movements. The shorts, looser than expected, were being drug down by their own weight. God help him.
 
Seifer crooked a finger at him, beckoning him closer. Hayner came over, pulling the towel off his head, planning to give it to him so he could do something with it. He forewent the shirt, unable to completely back down from Seifer's earlier challenge.
 
Seifer reached out a hand to touch his ring where it hung forgotten against the blonde boy's chest. “It looks good on you,” he said quietly, his fingertips grazing the skin. Drops of collected water beaded on the circlet, then lost their hold, tracing a thin path tantalizingly down his tight stomach. He wanted to run his hands up over that tawny skin so badly he could almost taste it.
 
Seifer raised hooded eyes to meet Hayner's.
 
Hayner was holding his breath. His skin tingled where Seifer had touched, and he had butterflies in his stomach. Why was he reacting like this? He found himself staring into those endless depths, feeling like he was teetering on the edge of something huge and dark.
 
Seifer studied the blonde's face. Hayner had a faint blush staining his cheeks, and uncertainty was swimming dizzily in his brown eyes. That had promise. “I'm surprised you hadn't lost it already,” he teased, purposely breaking the tension.
 
“I told you I'd hang on to it,” Hayner said in annoyance, coming back to himself, “why would I go and lose it a few days later?” He brushed past Seifer, tossing the wet towel into his lap as he left the room.
 
 
*****
 
Seifer pulled a pair of soft cotton drawstring pants over his slightly damp skin, lost in thought. In some ways, this situation was just spiraling out of control. He'd devised the penalty for their little bet, wanting to put Hayner in his place, and maybe leveling the rocky ground between them. He'd sensed a kinship in the other boy that intrigued him, and he didn't want to just leave things as they were, bypassing any possibility of friendship for this uncertain rivalry.
 
He'd never expected to feel such a strong pull towards Hayner. He hadn't even realized it at first, his compulsion to be close to him, but now even his own friends were wondering. He was torn between leaving things as they were, allowing the tenuous acquaintanceship to grow, and pushing the matter further. Much further. Possibly wrecking everything. He clenched his fists.
 
 
“Don't you have any normal games?” Hayner asked him when he finally came out into the living room.
 
Seifer rested a hand on his hip, and ran the other through his damp hair, letting out a sigh. “Normal, like…?”
 
“Like anything! All you have are thug games.”
 
“Do I look like an RPG type person to you?” Seifer said, both exasperated and amused. “What did you expect?”
 
“Grand Theft Auto, Crazy Taxi, Twisted Metal,” Hayner listed off some of the titles. “How is it you don't have even one fighting game?”
 
“I don't see the point. I deal with stuff like that enough,” Seifer replied abruptly. “I don't see it as a way to relax.” He noticed an odd expression cross Hayner's face, then. His eyes widened, body unnaturally still as he stared blankly down at the games. Was it surprise? Fear? Apprehension? Guilt? It was so complex, it was hard to tell. What had sparked that off?
 
He frowned, continuing into the room so he could sit down on the couch. “If you don't like the games, just throw a movie or something on.” A muscle in Hayner's back twitched, his shoulders hunching in more tightly, like he was flinching. Was it fear?
 
 
Dammit, Hayner cursed silently. Why did he always have to remember that stupid street fight? It set him on edge every time. Why did he think that any moment he may turn around to find that maniacal look on the gang leader's face? He had never seen Seifer get out of control like that in his presence before, why would he start now? But then again, he'd never expected it from his father, either.
 
Hayner glanced back at him warily. Seifer was sprawled on the couch, watching him with a guarded expression on his aristocratic features. There was not the slightest indication of violence in his demeanor.
 
Hayner tried to collect himself, turning his attention to the DVD spines on the shelf above the gaming system. He grabbed one at random and threw the disc into the DVD player, jamming a few buttons. The title screen soon proclaimed it to be Boondock Saints.
 
 
Seifer watched the strange display, deciding the best way to dispel his companion's darkening mood was the old tried and true: Irritation.
 
When Hayner started solemnly towards the couch, Seifer swung his arms up to rest on the back, taking up a good deal of space, pretending not to notice the glare he got almost immediately.
 
“Where am I supposed to sit then?” Hayner said with annoyance. The couch was a 3-seater, but with Seifer sitting near the middle, it seemed unreasonably small.
 
“Anywhere you want,” Seifer said reasonably, trying, and surely failing, for a blankly innocent look. Hayner could be delightfully predictable at times. “Why?” He was having difficulty not giving himself away, he could feel the corner of his mouth quirking up. Hayner's reactions were priceless.
 
 
“Do you always sit like that?” He asked pointedly.
 
Seifer smiled.
 
It was an infuriatingly languid and devilish smile, which suggested he was trying to annoy him on purpose, and was enjoying every second. Damn him.
 
“You could always sit on the floor, runt,” the thug said casually, eyes shining with hidden mirth, “I don't mind.”
 
Hayner rolled his eyes. “You're such an egotistical pain in the ass,” he grumped, flopping down extra hard onto the couch. He realized belatedly that he had plopped down a little too close to the miscreant, but it was a little late for him to reconsider, having made a show of it in the first place. Besides, he could see the TV better from here than on the end of the couch. He yawned, and leaned back into the cushions, not able to completely forget about the presence of Seifer's arm so close behind him.
 
 
*********
 
Hayner opened his eyes sleepily, wondering what had woken him up. The room looked unfamiliar. Blank walls glowed in the dark with tiny fluctuations of light given off by the TV, on which a massive gunfight was taking place. The volume was turned low, so the mayhem was at a dull roar. Boondock Saints was still in full swing. It was a shame he fell asleep; it was actually really good.
 
He remembered mussily that he was at Seifer's just as he noticed that there was something heavy draped over his shoulders. This `something' was warm, and had a hand attached to it.
 
He blinked slowly, realizing he had fallen asleep on the older boy. He was still mostly sitting up, but he'd listed to the side, Seifer being the only thing keeping him from falling all the way over. Why was the thug's arm around him anyway? Did it mean anything? Hayner glanced up at him.
 
Seifer looked like he was out cold. His head had fallen back, pillowed on the back of the couch. His face was smooth and deeply shadowed in the dim flickering light, features thrown in deep relief. It made his skin blue pale, eyelids and cheekbones accented darkly, and his hair seemed shrouded in gloom. The boy's other limb was lying limply at his side. His arms must have slipped from their previous position as he fell asleep.
 
Hayner turned his attention to pushing himself up off the couch and out from under Seifer's arm, which was effectively immobilizing him. He soon found it too difficult with the angle.
 
Hayner sighed. He felt too lethargic to try moving again, and too drowsy to care. He mentally shrugged, and lost himself to sleep once more.
 
 
Seifer smiled. He was awake after all.
 
 
 
 
 
TBC
 
 
Author's Note part Duex: (Reviews!)
 
 
oath2oblivion: My first reviewer! Thank you for the lovely comments! You really made me laugh with the flaming cookies :D
 
FadingSKye: GREAT! I want to convert everyone into seeing the goodness of Hay/Seif.
 
Number VIII - Axel: Thank you for dropping by! (3 loves?! Eeee! * does an ecstatic happy dance *)
 
MaskOfMe: Ravishing will happen in the very next chapter! O.O
“last time you wrote, err, "intimicies" with axel and roxas, it wasn't that descriptive”
 
- I'm assuming that you mean it wasn't very graphic… well, it was supposed to be more emotional in their case. H/S will be a little less so. But, I will never be full-out GRAPHIC with my depictions of boy!sex. (bodily fluids will never arc into the air, nobody will think in terms of c*ck, d*ck, etc. and I will avoid using things like `he grunted in pleasure' or `oh yeah, do me harder, bitch.) Okay, I'm exaggerating, but I have seen fics like that. And though it makes me laugh a little, it doesn't fit with my fic, so I refrain. I know how I write it seems a little vague at times, but I suppose that is just how it is.
Give H/S a chance though, and see if you don't like it a bit better ;)
 
 
In response to Loli, and anyone else who shared this question:
“Why does Roxas forget Axel like, all the time??”
 
A/N: He doesn't keep forgetting Axel. In fact, he never * remembered * him in the first place. Notice: he never once says, or even thinks Axel's name.
 
A part of him seems to remember him though… his subconscious. This is why he surprised himself by telling Axel “I missed you.” Axel is driven nuts because he knows Roxas can't remember him, yet Roxas acts so familiar with him despite this. This is why he wonders if Roxas will eventually get his memory back, fully.
 
The reason Roxas can't remember… Well, Axel already explained this in his reaction..
“Axel's composure was threatening to crack. Roxas' memory about anything related to Organization 13 faded as soon as it was formed. It wasn't his fault; it was just how the Org. protected itself.”
 
Basically, anyone who isn't a part of Organization 13 will forget anything or anyone that has to do with it. Once Roxas left, he was giving up his memories of everything involving the Org. Axel included. But, this would happen to anyone who was non-Org. So if, say, Hayner was confronted by Axel or any of the other Org members… he would start forgetting all about it the moment they left.
 
With things as they are, Roxas will never really remember Axel, or any interactions between them. However, when they are close, he begins to act like he used to around Axel when they were both in the Organization. He obviously feels strongly about Axel, and even though he isn't regaining his memory, he can feel a deep bond with him. (He isn't exactly the type to hop in bed with someone he thinks he's just met for the first time.) Apparently, the Org's memory wipes are not all encompassing.
 
This is going to cause Roxas problems though. Subconsciously, he knows Axel, and even loves him. But, this knowledge is elusive. Like trying to remember a dream upon waking, feeling like the answer is on the tip of your tongue. Leaving Axel, and losing the memory of him is what first causes his insomnia (which Roxas alluded to); It is what has been bothering him since the beginning of the fic when Hayner was trying to figure out what was wrong with him. (In psychology, disturbances of sleep, and concentration are often signs of depression. Even if the one suffering it, does not know, or does not think of themselves as being depressed. Suppressed memories can also wreck havoc on one's ability to function, although in this case, a 3rd party is doing the suppressing.)
 
I hope this clears things up a bit.
 
 
As always, thank you for reading (and thank you doubly for the REVIEWS!!!!)
~K