Lord Of The Rings Fan Fiction ❯ Loved At Last ❯ Recovery ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Chapter Three~*~RECOVERY~*~
 
~*~GONDOR~*~
 
It was nightfall; the group had ridden hard and were now outside the castle gates.
“Who goes there?” “Your king! Aragorn and friends! Open the gate and let us in!” the gate slowly opened and the three rode in. Succori threw a cloak over her shoulders and took care of Star, forbidding anyone but her or Legolas to ten to him (not that he would let anyone). “Well, I'll call for a banquet in the princess's honor; meanwhile, our baths are waiting.” “Thank you Lord Aragorn. It is greatly appreciated.” Legolas and Succori walk up to the castle together…
 
Are you sure you're going to be okay?
I'm fine. Only a little bruised.
But I saw what they did to you, and it was more than just bruises.
Stop worrying Lord Legolas. I am perfectly capable of keeping from breaking anything. Besides, they can't use me if I'm broken,
If you're sure…
I am; go on, take your bath. You need it.
Are you implying that I smell?
I might be.
I guess you're right. Please excuse the odor your highness. Though I believe we are both in need of a good bath.
I believe you're right. I'll see you at supper.
I'll be there.
 
Succori took off her cloak and turned to go into her washroom when Legolas grabbed her shoulder.
 
How long have you been hiding this?
What?
The arrow sticking out of your back.
Oh that. Um, a while.
We have to get you taken care of.
Oh stop fussing. I'm fine. It doesn't even hurt anymore. I'll take care of it before my bath.
Yes you will. We'll take care of it right now.
 
He held her against the wall; she struggled for a moment before giving up. Legolas slowly pulled the arrow from her back; she bit her lip to keep from screaming. Blood poured from the wound, Legolas yelled for Aragorn. He didn't answer.
 
Aragorn!
What is it? I'm taking a bath.
Well get dressed, the princess is badly injured! Get Arwen.
Right.
You worry too much Legolas;now let me take my bath in peace.
You're losing a lot of blood. Keep still.
 
Before anyone even knew what happened, Succori kicked Legolas, he let her go, she passed out and crumpled to the floor. Now Succori is being sponge bathed by a nurse, Legolas is nursing a hurt (dick area), and Aragorn is laughing his ass off.
Several days later Succori wakes up clean and in an unfamiliar place…
 
Where the hell am I?I don't know, but you're clean. That's a plus. I can't move my legs though.I hope it's nothing serious. I doubt it. I can still feel the pain, and pressure…
 
She opened her eyes just enough to look around her and see that she was in a room, on a large bed, probably in Gondor. She looked down towards her legs and saw the form of a man sitting beside her bed. He had apparently fallen asleep and was using her legs as a pillow.
 
Excuse me? Whoare you and why are you in my room? Why are you using me as a pillow?
Succori is that you?
Well of course it is. Now answer my questions.
I am Lord Legolas. I am watching over you.
Good job.
I guess I fell asleep. Haven't slept in a while. I do hope you'll forgive me.
Oh all right. I don't guess you've done anything wrong. Could you wake up and get off of me though, I can't feel my legs.
Right, sorry.
 
Legolas woke up and sat up in his chair.
 
Sorry about that Princess.
It's no problem.
I'm so glad you're awake. How are you feeling?
I'm fine. Why shouldn't I be?
Don't you remember?
No. I don't even know who you are. I mean, I've heard of you, but what elf hasn't?
But you don't remember anything?
I remember being captured by Nasgul and sending Star to safety. I remember being tortured for days. I lost my powers. I was helpless. I was mad. They will pay; no one makes me helpless! And my own grandfather did it to me! THAT I remember VERY clearly.
Wow, you've been through a lot. King Aragorn and I rescued you several days after you went missing. We ran until we got back here. Star was very good at balancing you and avoiding arrows and Nazgul at the same time…
You brought him with you?! I sent him here to protect him!
That's what you said back in the forest. When we got back here Aragorn had a feast and baths prepared. You were wounded by an enemy arrow. You passed out from the blood loss and have been asleep ever since.
Yes, I remember now. Thank you. I beg your pardon for my rudeness before.
Apology accepted.
How long have I been asleep?
Three weeks.
Oh my gosh, Star! I should have been taking care of him! He is a wild animal. He listens to no one but me. He won't' even let someone else touch him! He must be in a horrible state!
Calm down your highness. Star is fine. He stormed the castle to save you, but after that he has let me take care of him. He is fine, if worried about you.
Oh, right, sorry. I hope he wasn't too much trouble. Thank you for looking after him I have one question though.
Anything.
Why can't I move my legs?
They are broken.
Both of them?
And your right arm.
Oh great! No I'm just as helpless as I was as a captive!
You're healing a lot faster than normal; even for an elf you should be up and about again in no time.
Who's taking care of Sparks and Star in the meantime? No one but I can ride him. The people don't trust anyone but me, and with good reason.
Don't worry, Sparks has been notified of your rescue and your advisors are on their way. Meanwhile, I am taking care of Star and he comes along with me and my mare for our daily rides as exercise. Everything has been taken care of.
Oh great, my advisors are coming! What a great opportunity for them to discuss my incapability to rule and protect my people! And Star, without a rider!
I'm sorry; I didn't realize that my gestures were unwanted. I will stop helping you then, I will no longer interfere. I'm sorry to have put you in distress your highness. I will leave you now.
No, don't please. I'm sorry; I know I sound like a spoiled brat. I don't mean to. I'm just under a ton of stress right now. I didn't mean to seem ungrateful. Please forgive me; I am glad for your help.
Once again, apology accepted. I understand what you're going through.
Wait, did you say Star goes riding with you and your mare?
Yes.
When did she come in season?
I didn't know she had, I guess I've been too busy looking after you to notice.
Well pardon me for hogging all your precious attention.
I didn't mean it like that. I was worried about you. I wanted to watch over you.
Why do we argue so much?
Personally, I think it's because you like me and are afraid to admit it.
Well personally, I thin you are fat too full of yourself. Besides, why should I be afraid to admit that I like you?
So you admit it, you do like me
Hypothetically speaking.
Oh sure, fine, hypothetically; I think you have been emotionally scarred by your father, grandfather and the rest of society. That's why you're afraid to admit your true feelings.
Oh really?
Yep.
That's hwy?
Yes.
Are you sure you aren't just really full of yourself, and I don't actually like you?
Impossible.
And you don't think that I have enough experience with being unloved and unwanted that I can't show my emotions?
Well, I did before you got that angry glare on your face when you started talking about it.
My father locked me away to keep me from destroying him. My mother disowned me because of my sire. My own grandfather abused and tortured me. He always thought very highly of his daughter's rapist. I was never shown love or compassion. I know how bad it feels; I would not inflict that on anyone in this world. Therefore, my experiences have taught me to be open and honest with my feelings.
Wow.
 
The two were interrupted as Aragorn came into the room, “Oh good, you're finally awake! Excellent; we don't want another horse cantering through the halls again. So Legolas don't forget to tell Star Gazer or he'll have a fit. Lunch is in the hall if you're hungry Legolas, and a maid will be up shortly with your princess. Unless you two are just going to sit and stare at each other forever. Well, this is awkward.” And he was right, Legolas was gazing intently at Succori, and she was staring right back.
 
She is so beautiful; I wish she would open up and accept the possibility of us being together. It would really make flirting a lot easier.
 
I think he's on to me. What do I do?What are you talking about? Legolas, I've been hiding from love forever and now he comes in. I think I'm falling for him.Just be careful okay. Right.
 
“Hello? Anybody there? Come on, I'm not talking to myself!”
 
Hello, you guys out there?
Hmm? Oh, yeah. Sorry Aragorn. What did you say?
Lunch is ready.
I'll stay here with Princess Succori if it's okay with her that is.
Fine by me.
Great, I'll send up two trays. Legolas could I see you in the corridor for a moment?
Sure, I'll be right back Succori.
Take your time; I'm going to speak with Star Gazer.
Right, excuse us.
 
Legolas stood and bowed before stepping outside with Aragorn. “What is it you wanted to speak with me about?” Aragorn smiles and gives a slight chuckle. “What?” “You like her.” “Who?” “The princess.” “Princess Succor? Of course not. I'm—how long have you known; is it that obvious?” “Let's see, I've known since we got here and you never left her side even as she headed to a bath. And yes, it is that obvious.” “Do you think she knows?” “Doubt it. She just woke up. She doesn't know you have only left her side to take care of HER horse. So I'd say no, she doesn't know, yet.” “It doesn't matter, she doesn't like me like that. I don't know if she likes me at all, we only refer to each other as lord and princess. There's no way she likes me; we argue every other second.” “You seemed to be getting along pretty well a second ago.” “We weren't talking. But man, isn't she beautiful?” “Yes she is, I think you would make a fine pair.”
 
~*~SUCCORI AND STAR GAZER~*~
 
Star! Star are you there?
Succori?
Yes it's me. How are you? Legolas is taking good care of you I hope.
Oh yes. How are you?
I'm fine.
You sound worried princess. Do you wish to talk about it?
Promise not to tell?
I would never, you know that.
Okay, well I think Legolas is hitting on me, majorly.
Isn't that a good thing?
No! I can't risk someone else's life for my own pleasure. I don't know how to tell him though. I'm afraid he's going to ask to court me soon.
Once more, I thought it was good to be courted. Don't you like him? He's always very nice to me.
Yes, he's very nice and he's handsome; but I just can't put someone else's life in danger so I can be courted.
But if he really likes you then he wouldn't mind. Besides, if he does ask, just warn him. Give him a chance to respond. Then you can take into consideration how you really feel about him. How do you feel about him?
I'm not really sure. I haven't known him long and most of the time I have known him I've been unconscious. Do you like him?
He's an enjoyable being to be around. He loves horses, he likes you, a warrior; yes I must say that I do like him. But are you going to be able to ride any time soon? It gets boring with no one to talk to.
Unfortunately not. It seems I broke both legs and an arm. I won't be leaving my bed.
At least you are awake now.
Thank goodness. Well, I gotta go, Legolas is coming back. Bye.
Good evening your highness.
 
~*~BACK WITH LEGOLAS~*~
“What should I do? I don't know if she likes me. I've never courted anybody before; I've never even asked. What do you think she would say if I did ask?” “Calm down Legolas, it's not a marriage proposal, yet. I've never seen you act this way.” “That's because I've never acted this way before.” “You should go back in there; ask to court her. Just get it over with, if she says yes then congratulations, if not, at least you can move on.” “You're right. Send lunch up, would you?” “Sure. Good luck.” Aragorn took back off down the hall, leaving Legolas standing outside the door.
 
Here goes nothing.
 
He walks into the room. “So, how's Star? He doesn't talk to me much.” “He's fine; thanks again for looking after him. I really appreciate it.” “No problem, though getting him out of this castle was kind of tricky.” They laugh.
 
I like his laugh, it's so happy.
 
I love her laugh, it is full of sadness and yet it is beautiful like the tinkling of a bell. I love her laugh.
 
“I believe that was the fist time I've ever laughed.” “I made you laugh? Me?” “Yes you.” “Well I must remember this. Maybe you'll laugh for me again?” “Perhaps.” “You have a beautiful laugh, I love hearing it.” “Thank you; I wouldn't get too used to it though. I have gone four hundred years without laughing, and I do not intend to start now.” “Why not?” “I don't know, it just--. I have no idea.” They laugh again. “See, you seem to enjoy it.” “Fine, I'll try I guess.”
 
She is so beautiful. So ask to court her.But what if she rejects me? That's a chance you'll have to take.
 
“Princess--” “Stop calling me that, please. You can call me Succori.” “Alright, Yes! Wahoo! She doesn't hate me; I may actually have a chance!Succori, I know this is sort of sudden and we've spent very little time together that you have been awake, but I have to ask; will you—join me for lunch?” Succori laughs. “Yes of course I will.” They laugh some more.
 
Nice going dumbass that was your chance! I'll just ask later.You are such an idiot! Putting it off won't make it easier and it won't maker her answer turn to your favor. So you're saying that she doesn't like me?No, I'm saying that prolonging this will not help you. Ask her now. I'll ask when I feel like it.You are so pigheaded! So?
 
As the two sat on Succori's bed eating lunch they laughed (yes she admitted laughing was amusing, which happened to make her and him laugh) and talked.
 
I really do like him; maybe he doesn't like me.He asked you to lunch. Because he felt sorry for me.No because he likes you and wants to spend time with you. Whatever.
 
They went on like this for several months; Legolas never managed to work up enough courage to ask her out. Succori had convinced herself that it was just the fact that he took care of Star that she ever felt anything towards him. But the two were becoming fast friends. Succori was walking again, almost riding, and her arm was just in a sling. “So Legolas, can we go riding now?” “I don't know, do you feel up to it?” “I've been `feeling up to it' for weeks. Please let me ride.” “Oh alright, but I will saddle and bridal him.” “Be my guest. You know, he rally likes you; you are the only being other than me that he will let within ten yards of him.” “It is a great honor to be the friend of a creature that magnificent.” “Oh cut the crap Legolas.” “What? I was being sincere.” The two laugh. They go to their close, but separate, bedroom and change into riding clothes. Succori was having trouble changing without her arm. She was attempting (while only in pants) to put on her tight-fitting leather riding shirt when Legolas stepped into the doorway.
 
She is so beautiful; she has a very beautiful body.Are you doing what I think you're doing? Depends, what do you think I'm doing?You are watching Succori change! She's half naked! So?You disgust me. Do I?Yes. Well what are you going to do about it?This…
 
Um, Succori?
Legolas? I'm almost ready. Where are you?
Here.
What?
 
The elf turns around and he stares at her.
 
Legolas! Get out of here!
Sorry.
 
She threw something at him (a book) and he closed the door.
 
How could you?
I didn't mean to. I just walked in and there you were.
Aaaah…
What?
I can't get this stupid ass shirt on. I'm going to need your help.
But you were just yelling at me and now you want me to come in and help you?
Oh shut up and come help me. That is, unless you don't want to help me; I'm sure I can manage, or call Aragorn up here, he would help me…
I didn't say I wouldn't, I just thought you didn't want me to, plus we aren't courting each other, or bonded, so I assumed you would be against it…
Well I'm not so get your ass in here and help me, or I will call Aragorn in.
No need, I'm coming!
That's what I thought.
 
Legolas walked in, shutting the door behind him, and walked over to the half naked elf before him.
 
What?
Hmm?
You're just standing there staring at me.
Sorry.
Just get me into this stupid thing.
 
He takes the shirt from her and pulls it over her head. She sticks her unharmed arm through the open sleeve as Legolas carefully pulls the slinged arm through the arm hole. “Ow!” “Sorry, did I hurt you?” “No. I just wanted to make sure you still cared.” “Why you--” they stopped mid-laugh.
 
OMG I am so sorry, I didn't mean to.
 
Legolas was still working on getting the sling on correctly and, as he was tying the sling around her neck, touched her chest.
 
Feisty aren't you?
It was an accident. I am so sorry!
Legolas calm down; it was on accident. You did no damage, it's okay.
Still, I'm, very sorry.
Just don't make a habit of it okay.
Right.
Well let's go riding before this gets any more uncomfortable.
Okay.
 
 
Please Read and Review.
 
Oh yeah, before I forget, this is the disclaimer for this story. I'm only going to write it once.
 
Anything you recognize in this story belongs to J.R.R. Tolkein; everything else is mine.