Lord Of The Rings Fan Fiction ❯ Loved At Last ❯ Proposal ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Just Joking! Do you really think I would do that to you?
Anyway…
 
Chapter Six~*~PROPOSAL~*~
 
~*~we left off with Legolas and Succori kissing~*~
 
The two broke apart for air and Succori giggled.
 
What's so funny?
I was wondering when you were going to ask me.
You knew I was going to ask to court you?!
Yeah.
How; was it Aragorn? I'll kill him—
No it wasn't Aragorn; Star mentioned what all you had done for me and you still can't control your thoughts very well.
Did anyone else hear them?
No, just me; everyone else around here just doesn't have that gift.
Thank goodness; wait, what all did you hear?
This and that.
Youheard everything didn't you?
Yeahpretty much. I'm getting kind of hungry and I need to check on Gabrielle.
I thought you had something you needed to take care of.
I've already done it.
What?
I set you up on purpose.
You planned this?!
Yeah; I felt bad being the cause of all your stress. So, I set you up. I have to admit that I'm happy I did. I was getting kind of worried that you had changed your mind about me.
You are?
 
She kisses him.
 
Yes, I am. Now let's go get something to eat.
What about the courtship ceremony?
Can't we do it after we eat? You could ask me again then, and everyone will be a part of it.
Sounds good to me; getting the courage to ask you out is hungry work.
 
The two walk hand-in-hand to the hall for supper.
 
~*~GABBY~*~
 
“So Eric, tell me more about you.” “Well, I'm a warrior; I love horses—I'm single. Yep that's about all; so how about you?” “Well, my sister is Princess--” “I know who she is; I want to know who you are.” Gabrielle blushes, “Okay, well I'm sixteen, I love animals, and I like being with you if I'm not being too forward.”
The two are interrupted by the entrance of Succori and Legolas. The two walked in laughing and talking. “Eric, so nice to see you again!” Legolas said, striding over and embracing his friend. “Legolas, I was beginning to think you weren't coming.” “And miss out on the food? Never!” Succori walked up, “Hello, pardon my late arrival; I'm Princess Succori of Sparks, I see you've met my sister.” Eric took her hand and kissed it lightly. “Nice to meet you, your highness.” “Please call me Succori.” “Well, the food is getting cold, would you join us?” “Thank you.” Arwen sat across from Aragorn, Legolas sat beside Aragorn, Eric sat beside Arwen, Gabby sat by Eric, and Succori sat in front of her, but Legolas. The group began eating and talking and having fun; Gabby and Eric flirted uncontrollably while Aragorn, Arwen and Legolas laughed about it. Succori ate silently, her mind wandering to a far off world.
 
Succori, are you okay? You seem distracted.
Hm? What? Oh, I'm fine. Just thinking.
About what?
Mainly us.
Just mainly?
I've also been thinking about how foolish my sister is acting, and all for a guyshe just met.
Let her be, she deserves a little fun. Dinner is almost over; do you still want me to announce our courtship?
Yes, of course.
Okay then, here goes nothing.
 
Legolas stood up and cleared his throat; everyone looked at him. He turned to Succori and said, “Succori, Princess of Spark, Daughter of Sauron, and love of my life, will you marry me?” Succori's smile faded and was replaced with a look of confusion and panic.
 
What do I say?The truth. But he was only supposed to announce our courtship; what do I do now?I say follow you heart, but do it quickly because everyone's waiting for an answer.
 
Succori what's wrong? Everyone's waiting for your answer; I'm waiting.
You weren't supposed to take it this far yet. I don't know what to do any more.
You used to?
Yes, there was an order to my life. Rule kingdom, protect people, keep Gabrielle safe, fight Sauron, bring him back, kill him, and destroy self. That was my destiny. No one said anything about love.
Forget the past; throw away the rule book and destiny and duties. I love you Succori; make your own destiny. Right now, because you have the chance to change your future.
Succori, say something.
SHUT UP! All of you just let me think!
 
Succori's eyes started glowing and she flew up on a jet of water. She landed on one of the beams in a far corner and the water disappeared.
 
Where did I go wrong? What do I do now?
You wait. You did nothing wrong she just isn't used to this. Give her time to think and adjust. She'll come down in her own sweet time.
Yes, but what will her answer be?
That I do not know for certain, as this is my first day as a free elf in three years. But I can guess if you'd like.
How well do you know your sister?
Better even than she herself does.
Then what do you think the answer will be and when will it come?
She's under very little pressure up there, which just makes this even harder. It could take a while. My guess is a couple of days up there with no food, water, or communication. And I know she loves you, she just doesn't understand how to express it. I believe that when she is ready she will say yes to your proposal.
That makes me feel a little better, thanks.
No problem, but don't blame me if it doesn't turn out like that, she is very complicated and surprises me sometimes.
 
She stood up, pulling Eric up with her.
 
Good night.
Wait, where are you going?
To sleep. I know my sister and she will still be there tomorrow when I come in for breakfast.
But aren't you going to stay and wait for her?
Of course not. It won't make her move any faster. Stay if you want, but I am getting a good night's sleep. First in three years.
 
Arwen lead Aragorn out as well, leaving Legolas alone in the center of the hall looking up at Succori.