Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Drift Away with Me ❯ Tutor Me! ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Hey people! Here I am with another story! I know, I know....why am I writing ANOTHER story when I'm not even done with my other one, Love Hina: Change of Life? Well, I just got sudden inspiration during school one day and had to write it!

Here's some info on this story. I HOPE YOU ALL ARE READING THIS CUZ IT'S IMPORTANT!

Well, this story is an A.U. (Alternate Universe) It has no Kitsune, Motoko, Shinobu, or any other of the original LH cast besides Keitaro and Naru. Keitaro's grandmother DOES NOT own Hinata Sou but rather lives in a house around the same area, still within a close distance of that infamouse park *wink wink* =^.-= Anyways, if anyone has ANY questions, any at all, don't hesitate to ask cuz I'd be happy to clear anything up for my dear loved readers!

SUMMARY: Naru hates Keitaro and he wants to change that. Will his wish come true when they get stranded on an island together..alone..with no memory of any of their past? Read and find out!

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:

Disclaimer: I don't own, you don't sue

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:

Love Hina: Drift Away with Me

Chapter 1: Tutor Me!

"Blubb, Blubb, Blubb"

"Blubb, Blubb, Blubb"

The sounds of the heavy, salty water hitting the outside of shelter could be heard all through out the home. Keitaro Urishima lay sprawled across the floor surrounded by open study books and sheets of paper covered with what could only be described as chicken scratch. He was apparently enjoying a quick nap enticed by the gentle rocking of his home due to the waves of the ocean. Yes, he lives in a boat home. Why? Lack of funds can do amazing things to people. Besides, he had always had a soft spot for the ocean. He practically grew up on the beach, which could be seen by his healthy tan.

Now, even though the display of him asleep near all the text books gave the impression he had studied hard and earned a quick slumber, that was hardly the case. Nothing much made it's way to his struggling mind. Keitaro WAS a hard worker, but he just wasn't the brightest of the bunch. With this knowledge, anyone would laugh if they knew he was trying to get into Tokyo University, one of the highest acknowledged and prestigious universities in all of Japan. Others might admire him for working so hard, but agree he should move on. But, he didn't care what anyone thought, he would study and he would get in...somehow.

A quick wave made a table tip over, waking the young man. Sitting up and yawning he stole a quick glance at his watch while rubbing the sleep out of his drowsy eyes. When he was a child he needed glasses but his parents payed for corrective eye surgery, something he thanked them for every chance he used to get. That was before they...passed away.

"Kami-sama! I must've fallen asleep while studying last night! I'm gonna be late for class!"

With that he quickly grabbed his wallet and made his way to the nearest bus stop, thankful that busses came every 30 minutes. He didn't even acknowledge that he was wearing the same clothing as the day before.

Once the bus pulled up he dropped in some money, sad to give it up but knowing he had no choice. Taking a seat he smoothed out the ruffles in his clothing and ran his fingers through his messy raven colored hair. He wanted to look at least presentable if he had to make an appearance late today.

Praying for the bus to move faster through the whole ride, he sighed in relief once it finally pulled up to the building. Running to the open door, he made a leap to the ground, recalling the time he dropped his things while getting up and the door closing just as he reached it, dragging him away from his destination.

After running through the halls he finally made his way outside of the door. Holding his breath and hoping the instructor was looking the other way he slowly opened the door and slipped inside. Seeing that his prayers had been answered and his teacher was turned around getting something out of her bag he made his way to his seat, ignoring the oncoming murmuring of his peers. Unfortunately, as fate would have it, a pencil lay waiting on the floor for someone to trip on its account. Keitaro, unknowingly fulfilling the pencil's wishes did so, falling straight into a girl on her way to the pencil sharperner *how ironic! ^.^' *.

"AAH! Hentai!" He had landed in a rather, embarrassing place, causing the girl to leave a large bump on his head before straightening herself out and continuing her journey to her previous destination with an annoyed "Hmph!" This cause his teacher to turn around and place her hands to her hips, acknowledging who has arrived.

"Ah, Urishima-san, so nice of you to join us! I Assume you are aware of your previous test results?" Keitaro stood and nodded while composing himself.

"I hope you are aware that with your grades there is no way that you are going to get into Tokyo U this year either."

"I can do it Utada-sensie! Just give me another chance," he assured her with a determined look plastered onto his face. Giggling and loads of "yeah rights" and "keep telling yourself that buddy" broke out among the class causing Keitaro to blush from the scene he was making.

"I do admire your detemination Urishima-san, but I really don't think that's possible with your current progress." Keitaro bowed his head at this and looked to the ground.

"But," this caught his attention. Was there still another chance for him? "I do believe that if you take some extra educational help you might be able to make it," she assured with a wink causing the young man to blush.

"Um...what do you mean?" Utada shook her head at his stupidity. Was this boy this simple?

"I am saying you should get a tutor." Keitaro's face seemed to brighten at the brilliant idea and the flicker of hope he was receiving from his well respected teacher.

"Of course! Arigato! I'll find one right away!"

"Alright, now just take your seat and pay attention." Doing as he was told he made his way to his desk, careful to avoid anymore 'accidents.' The rest of class seemed to fly by as he tried to retain as much information sent his way as possible. After a few hours passed Utada dismissed the class.

"Oh, and can I see Urishima and Narusagawa before they leave?" Keitaro glanced to a few seats of his right to see the brunette give a quizzical look to the instructor. He had noticed her before, though they had never really spoken to one another. Their one conversation, if you could even call it that, consisted of him running into her and her leaving a rather painful mark to his head. Other than that, she stayed quiet in class but was one of the top students.

"Narusagawa, as you may have noticed Urishima-san over here isn't doing too well in his studies." Naru nodded slowly with an annoyed look on her face. She knew what was coming next.

"Well, I was hoping that maybe you could tutor him, he is so very dedicated." She may have known what was coming, but that didn't she had to take it!

"What? No! I can't tutor this hentai, he might try something! Besides, he doesn't have a chance anyways." Naru looked to Keitaro to see him blushing and looking to the ground with a hopeless look.

'Oh no,' she thought to herself. 'I am NOT taking pity on him! NO WAY!' She stared at his sad eyes as he avoided her gaze, like he wasn't worthy of it.

With a reluctant sigh she turned to Utada and nodded.

"Great! Urishima, meet your tutor, Narusagawa Naru!" He lifted his face to hers with sparkling eyes. 'I have a tutor! Now maybe I'll have a chance!'

He smiled cheerfully and shook her waiting yet very reluctant hand.

"Arigato! You won't regret this Narusagawa! I'll study hard...and keep my hands to myself," he added with a small chuckle only to be met with a "hmph!"

"You better, or else you'll regret it!" Utada gave her a look that said "be a little nicer will you," and smiled at the two.

"Well, good luck to you both. Don't forget you have no school next week for spring break."

Keitaro sighed as he left the room.

"Well, we might as well start tonight. Give me address, I'll be there in a few hours," Naru stated with crossed arms as Keitaro nodded and scribbled his address on a torn piece of paper and pen he found in his pocket. He handed it to her and she stuffed it in her purse.

"I just want to get through with this as soon as possible so I don't have to be near you anymore than already." With that she walked off leaving the young man to watch her retreating back and smile sadly.

'At least I have a tutor,' he comforted himself. 'Can't help it if she doesn't like me, shouldn't matter anyways. I'm gonna make it to Toudai now and make my parents proud. And I'll be able to be with her.' With that he began the walk home, trying to save as much money as possible, knowing there was no rush to get home. As he walked he thought about 'her'. He could barely remember 'her' but she was half the reason for his quest to Toudai. She was his 'promised girl'. When he was young she was there comforting him after his parents died. From what he did remember of her, they had promised each other they would go to Toudai and live happily ever after. It was a promise he held dear to his heart. After she moved away and he was left to be raised by his grandmother he never forgot her. Well, except for her face and name, but who could retain those details after 13 years? It was a long time!

Once he was in range of his home on the water, he caught a whiff of the salty air. He knew he was near. The smell was so comforting. It reminded him of them. It reminded him of his parents. A smile took over his features as he opened the front door and balanced himself once he was inside. He looked around, seeing that his place was a bit messy and he should clean it sometime before his guest arrived. She already thought he was a pervert, might as well save her from thinking he was a slob. After tidying up and taking a much needed shower he waited patiently for Naru to arrive.

'Knock knock' Keitaro smiled to himself.

"Looks like she's here. Finally, I'm gonna get into Toudai." With that he made his way to the door, happy everything was going so smoothly.

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

Well, there's chapter 1! I know, it sounded a little rushed! SORRY! I do have high hopes however for this fic! Also, it's a bit on the boring side right now, but I promise it'll get better!

OK people, I wrote, you read, now complete the process and REVIEW! Go on, press the little button on the bottom! You KNOW you wanna!

I'm outty!