Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Drift Away with Me ❯ The Dark Spots ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


I had wrote about half of chapter 2 of DAWM but it somehow got deleted, and I have no clue what I wrote and I might have just completely changed the story line but whatever! This chapters good just the way it is!



~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~ :~:~:~:~:~:~:

Disclaimer: I don't own, you don't sue

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:~:

Love Hina: Drift Away with Me

Chapter 2: The Dark Spots

`How did I get myself into this…?' Naru sighed impatiently as the young man across from her sat cross legged on the bare floor, not owning a desk, staring mindlessly at a single algebraic equation.

"Oh c'mon! This should've taken no more than a minute! You've been staring at that problem for almost an hour!" She threw her hands in the air to emphasize her annoyance.

Keitaro barely glanced at her before speaking, "Just give me 5 more minutes Narusagawa. I almost have it."

She grumpily crossed her arms and nodded. "You said that five minutes ago baka."

This time she was met with silence and her nerves were slowly breaking, one by one.

"Ahah!" Stunned by the sudden screech of accomplishment she jumped a bit.

"What!"

"Look." He slid the paper in front of the waiting girl and pointed to a single number scribbled in the corner, obviously due to lack of space.

She stared dumbly. "What?"

"Uh…that's the answer. Right?"

"Oh."

"Oh what?" He stared at the girl with searching eyes.

"Oh, it's wrong." She looked up to him with gritted teeth. "All that time and you still got it wrong!"

Naru stood from the floor and smoothed the creases of her skirts.

"This is pathetic! I quit!"

"NO! Don't leave! Just show me how to do it one more time! Please!" He quickly stood to catch her wrist just as she began to make her way to the door. She turned back to him, contemplating if she really wanted to waste more time on this fool, who obviously just didn't have what it took to pass the exam. She lifted her gaze to his eyes. He was such an idiot! Such a determined idiot...who never gave up. And who always tried his best. Maybe if she just showed him one more time…

"Well?" he asked expectedly, snapping her out of the lock she wasn't aware she had held on his eyes. She lowered her gaze to her wrist, still being held by the idiot with amazing eyes.

He noticed and quickly dropped it, as though he had just touched fire.

"Sorry..."

"Get me some coffee…this is going to take a while." He nodded.

"Ok…just a…hold on…you'll still tutor me!" He seemed to brighten and she smiled without thinking.

"Make it strong."

He quickly nodded and his smile widened. She found herself staring at his retreating figure as he scurried to the small room of his boat home which held all the kitchen equipment, at least she guessed so.

She once again took her seat on the floor, sitting with her legs tucked underneath her. She looked around the small cabin and frowned.

He actually lived in a boat. Who does that! It was just…sad…and weird. But, creepily enough, it suited him. With the image he set in school, she could tell he lived someplace cheap. He was always dressed so sloppily, seemingly wearing anything he could get his hands on that could be considered belonging of the male gender. He didn't look that bad though. He definitely had potential. He had a nice face. She couldn't deny it! But he had too many downfalls for that to matter at all. He was a pervert; she'd seen him in action too many times. He always had someway to get his grimy hands on some unsuspecting female in the class. Although, she noticed a bit surprised, he hadn't tried anything on her tonight. Maybe he was just a klutz?

She put a finger to her chin thoughtfully.

"Nah." She spoke aloud. No way could some one get themselves in those situations as much as him, and only with girls for that matter! He was just a pervert. Plain and simple. She would never have given him the time of day if it wasn't for that teacher. Damn her…

"I'm all out of coffee but I have some tea," Keitaro said kindly.

Naru looked up at him and frowned.

"Whatever." She took the cup and stared into it. He probably slipped some kind of date rape drug in it. No trusting those perverts.

She carefully set the scalding cup in front of her and watched as the steam rose from it to about mid air and then disappeared. She silently wished she could be like the steam and disappear too.

`Wow, now that was poetic,' she thought. God, I want to get out of here.

"Ok, I'm going to explain this one more time Keitaro. Understood?" He nodded and followed it up with a quick salute.

"Yes ma'am!" She scowled in disgust. He was way too happy for her to feel so miserable.

"Ok. Well, you begin by taking 52x and putting it over here." She looked up to him and he nodded, still smiling.

"Then you have to balance the whole thing out so you subtract the negative of this number from the positive and…. Are you following me or not?" She looked to him once again only to find him staring out of one of the circular windows.

"Hey! Pay attention!" He quickly snapped his gaze to hers.

"Sorry… it's just that it looks like it's going to rain. Real bad." She looked to what had previously taken over her tutory's attention and was met with coal black clouds not to far in the distance. She could faintly hear thunder now that she was paying closer attention.

"Oh my..."

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~ :~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

I know, weird place to end the chapter, but it just felt right to me. To see the progress of the next chapter you can check my profile and later my website. I have one right now, and the address is also in my profile. It's not exactly `done' so if you go there you'll just get the benefit of seeing the layout. I'm still working on a few details. Check it out if you have time. I'm putting my artwork on it. Yes I draw. Not that good, but they're drawings none the less. Right now I'm working on a pic of a scene out of my story LH: CoH and a random pic of Keitaro and Naru. He's basically a pimp in it… my friend made me draw it and I love how it turned out!

Oh, and I would REALLY love a review….. so please *I sound so desperate…*

Until next time