Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Drift Away with Me ❯ Rock the Boat ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I was looking at some stuff I wrote and it made me want to write more so here is chapter 3! Just to be honest with you all, don't expect another chapter of CoL ever. It is possible, but only maybe after I finish this story. I hope everyone's not too mad at me for taking so long… All I can say in my defense is that I've been waiting for several different authors to update for years, I only made you wait like half of one… Yes well here ya go anyways. And don't forget to review! I haven't gotten on of those in a while. ^^

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~: ~:

Disclaimer: I don't own, you don't sue

~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~ :~:

Love Hina: Drift Away with Me

Chapter 2: Rock the Boat

"Oh my…" The words slipped from her slips without even being considered. She quickly glanced to Keitaro, looking very serious.

A loud crack of thunder shook the house. A pitter patter could be heard. It sounded like it was coming from every direction! This tin can was gonna crack open and spill them out any second in this storm.

"I have to leave, we'll continue this later!" Like I want to come back, she bitterly thought.

The pitter patter increased and grew louder, bolder. It wasn't hailing now was it?

"What!? Are you insane! This storm is terrible!" She gave him a burning glare.

"Uh…you have to stay the night. I-I insist.."

"Sleep under the same roof as you! Never!" She was too worried that her worst fear would come true to notice the hurt on his face. She began to stand when the young man jump out towards her to grab her arm, accidentally hitting the scalding tea on her pretty blouse. Quick reflexes…too bad he was terribly clumsy.

She said, "AH!"

"I'm so sorry! Here let me get that!" He looked around quickly for some type of cloth, finding none he rustled out of his shirt to substitute.

Through the pain she still had time to appreciate a nice six pack.

`Who knew…' She was pulled out of her surprise by him patting furiously on her chest with his shirt.

"Dear lord…Stop! Stop it! I'll do it myself!" She tore the shirt out of his helpful hands and tried to wipe some of the hot away. This wasn't working…

"Narusagawa! Take your shirt off! Take it off!"

"WHAT!?" was her reply. Just by her expression he could feel the pain she could easily bring him.

"There's too much tea, just take it off…"

"Ugh...you're going to die for this.." He stared at her, waiting for her to take it off. Wasn't that hot! What was she thinking taking so long!

"Get me another shirt you dork!"

"Oh!" He quickly shot up and ran into his bathroom, the only other closed off room in his whole home.

"I can't believe this!" She said out loud, while holding the wet part of her shirt as far away from her body as possible.

A blasting bit of thunder was her reply.

She jumped at the noise. A loud crash was heard from the other room followed by a quiet curse. A disorientated young man walked out of said room holding a small bundle of cloth.

"I-I accidentally spilled s-soap over all of my other clothes…all I could find was a towel in my c-cabinet." Oh lord oh lord…Why why why was he such a klutz! She was gonna skin him for this. She was gonna use his bones to pick her teeth. She was…

"Give it here! This is hot!" He dumbfoundledly tossed her the towel and quickly turned around. As she set to work to replace the ruined clothing thoughts ran through his little male mind. She called him before he could start a nosebleed.

He turned around to see her in the towel. Uh oh…there it came. His hands shot up to his nostrils.

"I am so gone!" She proclaimed reaching for her bag and heading to the door.

"You're going to walk home in this weather in a towel!" She glanced down…he had a point.

"It's not that bad…" she tried to persuade him, and herself. She opened the door only to be knocked on her bottom by a gust of freezing wind and raindrops with painful speed. He had a very good point indeed, for a no brained worm.

He flew forward and slammed the door shut.

Finding no defense left to leave, she focused all her anger towards Keitaro.

"This is all you're fault! You spilled the tea on purpose didn't you! I can't believe this!" Finding equal anguish himself, he joined in the fight.

"O-of course not! I would never...how could you think…! Look, you were about to go out in that!" He pointed towards the little window and the boat began to rock. Losing their balance they both dropped to the floor.

"Woah…well if I'd left a little earlier at least I could have made it to a phone for a cab! This sardine can doesn't even have a connection to the outside world! Not like you'd need one, you don't have any friends anyway." Her hands flung to her lips. That was a bit cruel… He looked at her, eyes fuming with anger and hurt. Silence…how awkward. The only sound that could be heard was the angry storm outside.

Naru began to feel sick. Not the type of sick you feel with a cold or when you don't eat anything for a whole day because you're too busy studying. No, this was the kind she had felt as a child during summer, when she'd go to visit her aunt with the boat. This was motion sickness. She glanced again towards the window, why was the dock moving? And the shore?

"Oh good lord…" She whispered, still sitting on the floor. "Keitaro, the boat! You're stupid boat! Its…"

"I know. It's a piece of tin foil, you made that painfully clear."

She ignored the sting of regret and said, "No! It's moving, we're moving! Isn't this thing tied up?!"

"Oh good lord…" was his reply.

A hard rock through both of them to the right, along with a table and a large stash of books and paper.

"Oh my god…I'm going to die. With Keitaro Urishima! Why!"

Another hard rock through them both to the left, causing her to land on his bare chest, with nothing but a towel between them. `This is no time to start pulling a Keitaro and think these perverted thoughts!' She felt arms wrap around her. She looked up to a serious face.

"Don't worry Narusagawa, I'll protect you." She blinked. Maybe this wasn't such a bad way to die…

Another hard rock through them around. Then another, and another. It was so noisy. All she could hear was thunder and rain. Then she heard nothing and saw only darkness. He was soon to follow.

Some time later, a scrap of tin floated on the surf of a quiet island to solid sand. With two people on it…

Okay all done. Let me know what you think as usual. Oh, and just to let you know I wrote a little short story on fictionpress.com called Thanksgiving Blues. It's humor, which was a nice change of pace for me and if you give it a shot I think you'll like it! Well, until next time *who knows when that could be! ^.^'* This is PinkBeads, formerly Ami-chan, formerly TurtleLady. Byes!