Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Love Hina: Change of Heart ❯ A Torn Heart ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Hina: Change of Heart

Disclaimer: Same old. Same old. But if Tokyo Pop would like to sell the rights of Love Hina for $6.54 and a pair of Nikes I'm here!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Chapter 2: A Torn Heart

She watched him drive away, the man that she supposedly loved. She watched him speedily turn the corner and then run over a pothole. Then she watched, stunned, as his van did three spins and crash into a mailbox on the side of the road.

She then watched with her mouth agape as Seta stumbled out, bleeding from the head and waved to her yelling, "I'm alright! Don't worry about me! Good night and see you tomorrow!" She chuckled under her depressed outer appearance.

"That's my Seta." She just stood there for a moment realizing what she just said. [Did I just say "my Seta"?!] She knew it was only right. Her love to him had just been confessed. And his love to her had also surprisingly been shown. She couldn't believe it when he said that he had loved her. But, aside from the shocked part of her, there was also a part of her that was confused on why she wasn't reacting with joy. When she reassured Seta that her love for him was true after Keitaro confessed for her, she did so in a guilty tone, one that a child would use when they admitted to coloring all over the bathroom wall with their mom's new lipstick. She didn't know why, she just felt that way.

She decided to shrug off what she just seen and began to walk back to the Hinata House. As she walked with her face looking down at her feet she felt miserable. She knew that her relationship with Keitaro would never be the same with her and Seta being together. She wanted to run away rather than walk to Hinata House but her legs continued to carry her. It wasn't long until she was standing in front of the stone stairs leading her to her destination. She carefully took each step, the wind dramatically blowing her long auburn hair to the side. For some reason the wind always seemed to do that to her. No body knew why, it's just something that happened. She paid no attention to that. She had her mind to set on the most important man in her life, which, surprisingly, wasn't Seta!

[Oh Keitaro, I hope you're okay. Why'd you do that anyways? Oh, I wish that you loved me like I love you! I would rather be with you than Seta!] She suddenly stopped walking. She would have tumbled right down the stone staircase if she wasn't clutching onto the side railing.

[OH MY GOD! Did I just say I love him!? And that I want to be with him!] She slowly sank to the ground. She couldn't walk due to this stunning realization.

[It's true. I know it is.] A faint smile came across her pale face. For some reason she felt like a little piece of her had been found.

[I love him so much. I love everything about him! I love how he is always concerned about the welfare of others before his own. I love how no matter how bad things look he always has that bright smile on his face to cheer everyone up! I love how he is always so sorry for things that he doesn't purposely do, even when I don't realize it's an accident at the time.] A full faced ear to ear smile appeared on her face. She felt so full, so content with her new found knowledge! She was about to get back up when it hit her.

[Wait, I'm with Seta now, and besides, what in the world makes me think that Keitaro even feels that way about me?!?!? I must be nuts. But, I have to let him know how I feel eventually. I have to find him and somehow find out how he really feels about me! But how?] She hadn't even noticed that she had walked up the rest of the steps and entered the boarding house and passed by a confused Su trying desperately to get her attention. She had already walked up to the third floor and into her room. When she escaped her thoughts to walk up the steps she was startled to see that she was in her room. She fell down due to the scare and made a loud thud sound on the ground, which was also the ceiling of Keitaro's room. Her heart began to race as she expected Keitaro to open the hole in her ceiling to see if she was alright. But, he never opened the hole, he didn't even yell to ask her if she was okay. There was no response, after a minute had passed someone knocked on her door.

[Could I be him? Could it be Keitaro?] She sat there with an air of anticipation.

"Uh...come on in." The door gently opened as she saw a women with short sand colored hair come in. [Oh, it's only Kitsune.]

"Hi Kitsune," she said in a disappointed tone.

"Hi Naru, how are you doing? I got worried after you didn't come home for an hour."

"An hour!? I must have zoned out for a while due to my thoughts." This was true. She lost her sense of time as soon as she realized that she, well, loved Keitaro. She would never tell Kitsune this, even though they were best friends.

"Thoughts huh? What'cha been thinking about? What to wear to your next date with Seta?" She said this playfully. Even though the man she loved was in love with Naru, nothing could make her bitter to her best friend. Naru started to cry at the question. The reason, she didn't want to have a date with Seta. She wanted to have a date with Keitaro. [I wish so much that I could just take it all back so that Seta doesn't know that I ever loved him.] She covered her face before Kitsune could see her tears and wiped them away as if nothing had happened.

"Kitsune, where's Keitaro? I need to talk to him." [Actually, I don't think I'm ready to tell him yet. I need to take care of Seta first.]

"Naru," Kitsune started, "Keitaro is...well...he left."

"Left where?" Naru asked in confusion.

"He went back home Naru. He left this note in his room and we all found it when we went to get him for dinner. All of his stuff was gone. This is all he left behind." Kitsune kind of mumbled all of this but Naru caught every word. She just sat there in a state of shock as Kitsune set the note down in front of her and left.

The note wasn't folded over but laid there with every word facing her in plain sight. She looked down and began to read.

Dear tenets of the Hinata-sou:

I am sorry to depart but I can no longer stay. I have made arrangements for Haruka to watch over you all while I am gone. I am also leaving Kitsune in charge of managing while I am gone. Take care.

Sincerely, Keitaro Urishima

[No! I have to find him!] She quickly got up and was running to the door when she tripped over her Kotsatsu.

"Ow." She pushed herself to get up when she noticed another note on top of her desk. She quickly ran over to it and read it.

To Naru,

I am sorry that I had to leave but it hurts too much to be around you. You see, the only reason I confessed for you was because I love you and I wanted you to be happy with the one that you love.

Goodbye, Keitaro Urishima

P.S. Please don't try and find me.

Naru just sat there, tears beginning to form in her eyes. The one she loved was gone and he didn't want to see her again.

End of Chapter 2