Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Love Hina: Change of Heart ❯ Insane with Relief ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Love Hina: Change of Heart

Disclaimer: I don't own Love Hina BLAH BLAH BLAH!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~

Chapter 3: Insane with Relief

Minutes turned into hours and hours turned into days. It had been a week since Naru saw Keitaro last. She was deathly worried about him and she wanted him back badly.

"Naru, are you alright? You haven't been yourself lately." Naru put her head up to face Kitsune who was looking down on her with a greatly concerned face.

"I'm fine...." She was sick of saying it. Everyone had asked her that question since she began to feel depressed. She gave a fake smile to Kitsune and stood up from sitting at her kotatsu.

"So....how are things?" Kitsune asked trying to start up a conversation.

"What things?"

"You know, with..." she paused, "with Seta."

"Oh, those things. Well, to be bluntly honest, I don't know. I haven't talked to him lately. Of course he's stopped by but I always have something else that I have to do and I can't talk to him." Naru looked at Kitsune with her fake smile slowly disappearing at the sight of Kitsune frowning.

[Kitsune is really the one who isn't acting herself! I haven't seen her smile lately. I wonder what's wrong.]

"So what's wrong with you Kitsune? Why are you so down?"

"Me? Down? No. I just need some sake to perk me up! Yep! I just need some sake!" Both of them just stood there looking at their feet. The truth was both of them missed Keitaro. No one in the Hinata House could feel happy without their kanrinin and friend home.

"Well Kitsune, I have some stuff I have to do so I'll just be going okay."

"Sure Naru, sayonara!" Naru walked past Kitsune, downstairs and was in front of the steps when she asked herself, "Where am I going?" She walked down the steps and figured out what she must do. She had to find Keitaro and ignore his request to leave him alone.

"But I don't even know where he lives," she said to herself. [Where should I go now? I have to get him home! I can't live without him.] As she pondered where she could go it hit her! She was walking at a fast pace but then began to run! She knew where to go and the anticipation was pulling her there! When she finally reached Haruka's apartment she stood out front thinking.

[What will I ask her? She knows that he doesn't want anyone to chase him. She won't tell me! Oh well, I have to try!] She knocked on her front door when it opened. But the person who answered wasn't Haruka at all. It was Seta!

"Seta! What in the world are you doing here?" She was in a flurry. She was so psyched on talking to Haruka that she was literally blown away at the sight of him! Especially since he was the last person on Earth she wanted to see.

"Oh.....uh.....hey Naru! What are you doing here?" He was acting frantic. Naru pushed the door open and walked past Seta, letting herself in.

"I was just looking for Haruka. But, what are you doing here?"

"Well, the truth is I came here to find Haruka too! The door was unlocked so I let myself in. A few seconds later you knocked and that's about it!" They both looked at each other with a fake smile. Suddenly they heard the jingle of keys outside the door.

"Oh, I must have left it unlocked! Oh well." The knob twists and they see Haruka walk in with a shocked look on her face.

"Uh, hi. What's going on?"

"Oh hi Haruka! I...I mean we were just looking for you! He he" He had a huge sweat drop on his forehead and a huge smile on his face.

"Well what do you two love birds want?" They both blushed and frowned at this.

"Well actually....uh....I really need to tell Naru this alone...but...you are a big part of this too Haruka!" Naru turned to him. [What in the world could he want to tell me AND her?]

"Seta, what in the world is it?" Haruka was a bit annoyed at him stuttering so much. Besides, she was very curious as to what he would want to tell both of them.

"Well, I guess I should begin by telling you that......well......I have to....uh....leave. I am going on an expedition in China and I don't have a choice. I will be gone for quite some time." Naru and Haruka were both shocked. Naru was shocked as to why he would go if I loved her as much as he claimed. Haruka was shocked as to why it concerned her.

"Really Seta? Are you really going to go?" Naru managed to spit out a few words.

"Yes Naru. But that's not the biggest thing I need to tell you two." Haruka was even more confused. [Why did he come all the way here and sneak into my apartment to tell ME this?]

"What does this have to do with me?" Haruka asked bluntly.

"Well, Haruka, I need to tell Naru something first. Please excuse us." He takes Naru by the arm and pulls her outside of Haruka's apartment. Naru is still a little shocked from the news.

"What Seta? What else is there?" He hesitated for a moment. He didn't want to say it but he knew he had to.

"Naru, as I said, I am going to be gone for a very long time. Approximately 2 years. I know that is a very long time and I understand that leaving you here after our confession would be cruel. But, I have to tell you something very important. Well, when I heard the news of the expedition I expected not to go because of you. But, when I was told it was a must and that doing this might be the most important thing in my career I felt very sad inside. And, images of the ones I loved ran through my mind. I knew that I would not see most of them for so long that we might drift form one another. But, there was one person that I realized I couldn't bear to be without. I didn't realize that I had such strong feelings for this person until I found out that I would leave them again." He paused.

"Naru, do you know who this person is?"

"Well....isn't it me?" He shook his head.

"But Seta?! If it isn't me.....then who?" She stood there looking into his eyes. Tears were starting to form and she was obviously drowning in the confusion. But, suddenly, her eyes widened and the tears disappeared. She nodded her head to show that she understood. He looked to his feet.

"So, I guess I realized who the most important person was at the thought of leaving. I'm sorry Naru. I don't know what to say but that I was wrong. I really thought I loved you but I guess I was wr......" Naru put her finger to his lips and nodded her head once again to symbolize that she got it all and she didn't need to hear any more.

"Seta, I get it. But, since we are being honest I'll tell you something too. When we confessed I also realized that I was going to lose someone close to my heart. I forgive you if you forgive me." She gave him a sweet smile and held out her hand. They shook on their forgiveness. Seta smiled back. He knew who she was talking about. He had no need to ask.

"Well, I guess I have to tell Haruka. And good luck with your special someone." He walked back into Haruka's apartment and left Naru alone.

"I can't believe that I'm not with Seta anymore! It's over! Now I just need to tell Keitaro and....." She paused. She was back where she started. She knew that she couldn't walk into there now. Not while Seta was telling Haruka how he felt about her. She decided that she would go home and rest. After what had just happened, anyone would be drained. But, for a split second she was really heart broken. [That must have been how Keitaro felt.] She walked back. The whole time she had a huge smile on her face. She truly felt free. As soon as she found Keitaro, they would have nothing keeping them apart. When she reached the Hinata House and walked in she met up with Shinobu who was walking to the stairs. She looked a bit down. She had been a little less of herself since her Sempai left.

"Oh hello Naru-sempai! My you look happy. What happened?" Without thinking Naru blurted out her answer.

"Seta and I broke up!" She happily skipped up the steps to her floor and went into her bedroom. She hopped into bed and fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow. Meanwhile, Shinobu was running all through the Hinata House telling everyone that Naru had gone crazy with a broken heart. Kitsune just smirked at this. She knew what that meant. She knew why Naru was so happy even though Naru had never told her the truth about her love for Keitaro. It was just one of those things that best friends could tell. Unfortunately, every one else still thought that Naru had cracked.

End of Chapter 3!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~ A/N: Whoa! It's done! Sorry that you don't know what happened when Seta told Haruka that he loved her but that's a different story! LOL! Well, sorry that I didn't write more but I want to try and make this have as many chapters as I can. I feel a little bit regretful for chapter 2. I wish that I didn't have Naru realize her love for Keitaro so quickly! Oh well! Anyways, I hope you like this chapter. Don't forget to write the reviews that I love so much.