Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Love Hina: Unsaid Emotions ❯ Chapter 8 – The Guiding Light ( Chapter 8 )

[ A - All Readers ]

This will be part 1 of the conclusion…
 
Enjoy
 
^_^
 
 
Chapter 8 - The Guiding Light
 
 
It has been 4 days since their date. Urashima sat beside the hospital window, blindfolded.
 
After Keitaro fell, naru called for help. A person came with his date and decided to help carry keitaro to the hospital where Dr. Naginata works. Naru contacted the rest to inform the situation. They were immediately gathered and Dr. Naginata explained his reports.
 
“Actually, Keitaro made me lie that he was already alright. That the cancer cells disappered.” Dr. Naginata revealed
 
“You damn!!!” Haruka said, clutching the doctor by the collar “That's my nephew's life we're talking about”
 
Naru and Motoko restrained her.
 
“I know. But it was his choice. He told me that he needs to do one more thing before he loses his sight completely.” Naginata added. “Keitaro…… cannot see anymore”
 
Shocked silence was apparent in the room
 
“he couldn't see?” Shinobu asked “but why?”
 
“his cancer finally took his eyes and since the eye is close to the brain, it won't be long now.” He said glancing at the sleeping Keitaro.
 
“won't be long your butt!!” Haruka again grabbed him
 
“auntie please stop!” Keitaro said. “awake all along and overheard what you are discussing. Please auntie. Don't blame Dr. Naginata. He was just doing what I ordered him.”
 
Haruka let the doctor go
 
“I have accepted what my fate is and took the consequences” Keitaro added. “please, respect my decision”
 
There was a knock on the door
“come in” Keitaro said.
 
The door opened. “Is it you naru?”
 
Naru stepped in carrying a basket of fruits. “Yah. It's me Keitaro” she said smiling.
 
Naru never left him when he was confined. She was always there. Peeling the fruits and feeding it to Keitaro. She would also be the one who experienced as Keitaro cried for pain when his cancer seemed to reach his head.
 
It was night now. And every night, before going to sleep, Keitaro would sit beside the hospital window and gaze upon the heavens.
 
She took a chair and sat beside him.
 
“You would always gaze at the heavens before sleeping… may I know why?”
 
“hehe. Even though I can't see the stars and the moon, I always felt their beauty above me. As if blessing me as I would soon be joining them.”
 
This saddened Naru but she knows the inevitable.
 
“Naru?”
 
“Yeah Keitaro?”
 
“could you describe the stars for me?”
 
Naru looked at the Heavens…
 
“The sky is bright today Keitaro. Many stars are up. They're so dazzling.” She said smiling.
 
“and the moon?” Keitaro asked.
 
“Oh… the moon is spectacular. I haven't seen this such beauty of a moon.”
 
There was a long silence before Keitaro spoke.
 
“Naru…”
 
“Hmm?”
 
“Thank you.” He said smiling
 
“For what?”
“For everything.” He replied smiling “for the ups and downs and the butt whooping side trips” he said laughing.
 
she also laughed “your welcome Keitaro.”
 
“… and Naru…”
 
“hmm?”
 
“I love you… and I promise that I'll always be with you”
 
“haha what are you saying Keitaro? It's as if you're leaving hahaha”
 
“hehehe”
 
Keitaro lay his head on Naru's shoulder. It was morning now. Naru noticed that she fell asleep. She looked at Keitaro sleeping on her shoulder.
 
“Keitaro. Time to wake up now”
 
No answer
 
“Keitaro?”
 
…………..
 
“This isn't funny Keitaro. I swear if you're planning to scare me better stop it now.”
 
She shook Keitaro. Tears were now forming in her eyes
 
“Keitaro wake up! You promised that you'll never leave me!!!”
 
She shook him till her grasp on him slipped and Keitaro, from his seat, fell in front of Naru…
 
 
Naru was left crying for the remaining of the day…