Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ MOVING FORWARD ❯ CHAPTER II ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

DISCLAIMER - Just like the first chapter. Own nothing but my ideas

Moving Forward
By VoidHawk of The Dark Icon Writers

Chapter 2
Present - Forest in Kyoto's outskirts
Keitaro moves with great difficulty. He is tired, and his right leg just refuses to work properly. My leg must be broken too…I'm too numb to feel it, can't move it properly. But I can't stop now either!
He stumbles on a small rock, and feels fire burn up from his dragging right foot, making him howl in pain.
But he carries on …through the rain, dark and pain.

7 days in the past
Mountains around Kyoto, Monday Morning:
Located at Kyoto vicinity, in ancestral mountains and forests, there is a famous Martial Arts School, which is also known for housing very powerful Demon Hunters. The name of it is ShinMei Ryu Martial Arts School. On its grounds we can see very well tended ancient buildings and temples, were the students and masters house themselves, practice, lecture and pay respects to their God or Gods, depending on their own religion and culture. It is an eclectic school, accepting anyone who wishes to learn and understand its philosophy and to learn the martial arts expertise they teach there.
Of course the demon hunter activity is also very well known and yes, anyone who seeks the Dojo as they affectionately call ShinMei Ryu will be answered.
What is not really known to most people, whether in Kyoto, Japan or around the World in general, is the true size and scope of the activities performed by the institution called ShinMei Ryu.
The Dojo first created by the Aoyama Family has been, for hundreds of years, responsible for protecting Japan and its citizens from menaces coming from humans or demons alike. In the past it had an open connection with the Japanese government, but as the world evolved, and information was becoming an easy trading good, it was decided by the Council of Elders and the heads of the Dojo that their activities should become more secretive, in order to ensure safety for the Dojo and all students housed there, as well as to the warriors, scientists and Magis also members of ShinMei. Indeed, in time the powerful magic wielders also joined the ranks of the Dojo, and those were accepted as fine assets, as their power and knowledge were paramount in order to hunt demons.
Thus it happened that the Dojo created a secret branch, which was responsible for the activities that should be kept out of common knowledge. This branch felt necessary to build a physical expression of itself, and then the creation of the Great ShinMei Ryu Master Dojo was initiated. By excavating big tunnels and caverns in the mountains where the school was created, they build around the years a vast system of underground buildings, housing facilities, hangars, warehouses, labs and tech shops. As well as all the supporting facilities for such a big enterprise. At the beginning the construction was supported by the Government itself, but throughout the years a network of smart business was erected to finance the Dojo. Such was the case that at one point the Dojo disconnected itself from the Japanese government and vanished from public views, all but its more common known and ancient traditional School located in the forest area of Kyoto.
They were more powerful than even the Government originally intended them to be and nowadays deal with situations most people would think fairy tales, science fiction, or horror flicks.
And this mighty organization still recruited its members mostly from the students at the old, cherished School, and it is still run the same way as in its beginnings, hundreds of years ago: A Council of Elders, composed of members of the founding Aoyama family, warriors and Magis, and the Dojo Head Master, this being always someone from the Aoyama Family itself.
So we now focus on the Old School training facilities at 4:30am. Where 2 beautiful young women are found sparing, as they are used to do every day:
"So Yumiko, still up to a good sparring after a whole night of fun? Fu fu fu!" Asks the long thick raven haired one with her right hand covering her mouth. Tall (height: 5ft87in) but full bodied, she is the mirror image of her twin sister, although we can easily identify them, as the one named Yumiko has her hair at neck's length, with the front part slanting under her chin, and her sister has her hair cascading at the middle of her back, with two shorter bangs framing her beautiful face, her hair a bit unruly above her piercing eyes. Both have deep blue-black hair in color, contrasting with their ivory skin and dark, sparkling eyes.
"Humpf! Sure enough! And that was not that funny, as Akari was really distressed last night. Ohh, poor Antonio was tired from the last assignment but helped me all along." Answers Yumiko. "Hey Tsuruko! Need to remind you, you lost yesterday. Ha ha ha!" Adds Yumiko, her left hand to her mouth.
Glaring now, eyes sparkling, Tsuruko and Yumiko bow to each other, and then they start to spar; now in total silence, concentrating on their moves.
To someone not used to the Schools routines and the Masters teaching there, the sparring would be eerie to say the least, both women moving in blurring movements. Their traditional white gi and red hakama making slight sounds while flying around. They use bokkens for the sparring, but they could easily change to full katanas, or even more dangerous hand weapons when on the Great ShinMei Ryu Master Dojo training facilities, but when sparring on the Old School grounds they use their bokkens, as all students there. Their Ki attacks do not need any actual contact nor weapons, as some mistakenly think. Yes, when you are a novice, the weapon of choice serves as a focusing device, but given time and training, the weapon is unnecessary anymore, as the warrior is able to use his Ki at his own will. The two warrior women sparring do control a great amount of their own Ki, as it can be noted while they are sparring. Light and wind seem to be flaring and flying between both, as if the air itself was alive around them, dancing at their will.
This ability was strong in the Aoyama Family, and that helped them in combat or even on their daily chores. As they were able to feel and see other people's own Ki after training. This ability led them to create the Dojo hundreds of years ago, but it was then found by the first Aoyamas that if well trained, in the right way, anyone can develop a certain amount of Ki control.
Their sparring never exceeds 30 min, and at this morning Tsuruko was victorious, albeit by a slight chance. Both were very nice women, very popular among all students, male and female alike due their personality and beauty, but were deadly warriors. Their somewhat easy way, especially Tsuruko, deceiving how dangerous they were if moved into action.
"Ahhh…Well…You were lucky this morning, sweet sister! Enjoy this small victory, as tomorrow will be a new day." Bows Yumiko to the ShinMei Ryu Head Master.
"You see, Yumiko-han, I am feeling very well this morning. So you had no real chance, fu fu fu!" Laughs Tsuruko, also bowing to her sister.
Both go the shower stalls and after a shower, they change into another set of Gi and Hakama they always bring with them when sparring, and then they head to the Mess Hall, were all students were having their breakfast. The day starts early at ShinMei Ryu grounds, as the first activities usually start right after breakfast, at 5:30am every day.
The Mess Hall is a big rectangular stone building, made to house 100 students and Masters on one single meal service. Walled by big windows on each longer side, it is set to maximize sun light during the day. They do give an explendid view from outside of the building, and the skies and well tended Dojo grounds.
All students stand up when both sisters entered the Mess Hall and bow in respect, then all made their thanks for the food and start digging in!
"Tsu-han. I must say this is a beautiful morning. Good omen for us all."
"Hu hum…I happen to agree, especially after our sparring." Says Aoyama Tsuruko, slightly smiling at her sister.
Actually, Tsuruko felt different this morning. Yesterday she was troubled, like she usually is recently despite no one but her most intimate friends notices it. Being a young woman, and with the responsibilities which lay upon her shoulders, she is starting to feel alone. And she was not a woman wishing to be alone. But when gifted with the abilities she possessed, like her sisters and all Aoyamas, you may find it rather difficult to relate more intimately with the other gender.
On top of this, she once was married. But fate and the activities of the Great Master Dojo came into play 5 years ago, and her husband lost his life, along with her parents, on a dark night. They were married for just a couple of months! His love was not forgotten.
Tsuruko was starting to feel lonely…so lonely.
She was happy for Yumiko, as she was married to a nice, fine, and brave man. Yes, it was difficult at the beginning for he was not even Japanese but they faced opposition bravely. And Tsuruko supported them along the way. Of course she worries for them, as he was a warrior as well, even coming from distant Mexico…but a warrior indeed. Yumiko and him met in one mission 3 years ago, and it was fire at the start, leading to their marriage and his full incorporation to The Dojo ranks. They were aware of the life they choose, and embraced it fully, even knowing, especially Yumiko, how dangerous some missions may turn out. But truth to be told, Antonio was an awesome opponent to be taken down…
They have a beautiful young daughter, and cherished every moment they can be all together.
And Tsuruko cannot help but feel a bit envious of her sister. She wanted someone as well.
She felt love once, and now she longs for its feeling of both heart and body, of loving and being loved. She also wants some day to have her own offspring. Such is starting to gnaw slowly at her, but today she woke up truly well and feeling good! Energized, as if something good was coming her way.
Their daily routine at the Dojo was simple. They wake up at 4:30am then they met at the training area at 4:45am and spar up to 5:15am. Then a quick shower and breakfast at 5:30am with all students.
After breakfast, both sisters went strolling through the School grounds. Aoyama Tsuruko, despite being only 25 years old, is already Head Master of the Dojo. Having proved herself extensively in the past. Aoyama Yumiko was Operations Director for The Great Master Dojo, giving her awesomely great responsibilities, as she is responsible for coordinating the extense array of operations the Dojo is currently engaged in.
As both loved to stroll in the mornings and also love to see how the students were faring, they start their daily activities during their strolling, PAD in hand connected to the Dojo mainframe deep down the mountains.
"So dear…What do we have for this beautiful day?"
"Humm…Let's see." She goes over her PAD, but she also knew in advance some of the subjects, as she verified them yesterday.
"First, Sir Integra Hellsing is asking us to accept another of her `special collaborators' to learn our techniques. She says she is a fine young woman, name is Ceres Victoria, and she would learn greatly from our instructors, which would turn her into a very powerful asset to her Organization"
"Well, Alucard was a fine student by our own records, despite being an eerie man to be around, and he even helped our family get rid of a nasty vampire who was stalking Kyoto long ago…Fine. But advise the Housing Master we will need special accommodations, and we must tend to her `diet' as well …Ah, and we will need to set up a new training schedule at the Great Dojo facilities."
"Right, that much I imagined, and already asked for details from Housing and the Masters. Will implement and set things up with Integra's Office about Ceres arrival." Yumiko deals with her PAD.
"Gen. Hammond from SG Headquarters sent his thanks for the invaluable help our personnel gave him on SG´s teams' last assignment. They were able to capture an intact H´Tak with no losses on teams SG1, 3 and 16…and he is asking if our people would join their operations in a more regular basis." And adds: “ The Tok´ra also sent their compliments.”
"Tell them we are glad to be of help”. And looking straight to Yumiko “As for further joint actions, that is up to you, dear sister. The Gate at the Master Dojo is their gift to us, as they were the ones who gave us help on activating it after its uncovery, so I think we should collaborate as much as possible, but Operations is your ground. I know better than meddle in your territory." She smiles at this comment, taking her hand to cover a slight smile gracing her lips.
"All right. I will talk with the warriors assigned there, and will set up something. Antonio was on that last mission as well, and I got worried sick about him hopping on that contraption…But we all have our responsibilities…and anyway I advised him I would chop his head off if he got hurt there." Says Yumiko, pouting at this comment.
At this Tsuruko felt a bit concerned for the couple. Yes, they live a life of dangers being part of ShinMei Ryu, but they would never choose another life.
"Col. O'Neill and the SG1 team members will be here for lunch, as it was scheduled before."
"Nice…They are funny. And Teal´C is a very skilled warrior. He showed interest in visiting our training grounds at the Great Dojo. It may be instructive to our Masters as well."
The young women carry on their walk around. The sun shone brightly over them, energizing the two deeply.
Looking at her PAD, Yumiko continues. "There is a report from Mahora Academy about our student there, Setsuna Sakurazaki. Mahora´s Head Master and Takahata sensei wish to inform us that she is faring well, and shows to be a proudfull ShinMei Ryu student."
"I was worried for the kid before. She is proud and may be stubborn. She even reminds me of Motoko-han a bit. Good to know she is fine. And send my greetings to the Head of Mahora and Takahata sensei." Says Tsuruko, happy for the young Sakurazaki. Her heritage troubled the little one and should not, as she was a fine girl by her own. And a skilled one as well.
Motoko Thinks Tsuruko. After watching the deaths of both our parents and my dear Takami, and seeing my state after loosing him, she closed herself to a lot of emotions, and vouched never to have a man herself…I wonder if her time away from these grounds gave her some solace…But she will have to come back one day. I hope she has been able to get over her inner demons. It is more than time for her to start her final trainings, which must be held here at ShinMei.
Tsuruko and Yumiko both know how Motoko felt about them and ShinMei Ryu. She lives in a self-proclaimed Aoyama way…of ancient customs and behavior. They will need to talk with her more seriously soon. The child needs to grow and take over her responsibilities as a true Aoyama, and not live as she interprets it to be the Aoyama way. This time away was necessary, but she will have to get back eventually, and catch up with ShinMei Ryu true responsibilities.
At this moment, they can hear a loud blasting sound from one of the training fields, and a flying little girl can be seeing traveling through a high parabolic trajectory towards their direction…Falling down right between them.
"Ouch!" says the young student. "It seems I need to be more attentive." And as the young girl looks up, she greets both sisters. "Gommen nasai Tsuruko-sama, Yumiko-sama. I was a little distracted and he got me flying again." Pouts the little girl.
An amused Tsuruko helps the little Akiko to stand up. "No apologies needed little one, just pay attention, or your sensei may fall hard on you."
"And it seems he is already here for you." Adds Yumiko, smiling at the little one and then indicating the flustered Master coming their way.
"Gommen nasai Head Master-sama, Director-sama." Says the master, then addressing the little girl. "Are you all right? Akiko-kun, you need to pay attention to your moves, or you may get hurt." Tells the Master.
"Let's move back to the field." And turning to both Aoyamas. "With your excuses." Bows the master, and then heads back to their training.
"I love to see the young ones training…makes the day so much more bright and fun!" Comments a bemused Tsuruko, still smiling to Yumiko.
"Yes. And it is so rewarding to see how they apply themselves." Says Yumiko.
Then they resume their walk, Yumiko peering at her PAD.
"Morisato Keiichi from Morisato Engineering called yesterday, stating that the specs for the All Terrain Vehicles we sent them are fine, but he wished to discuss some details personally, so he asked to set a schedule to have Skuld meeting our techs here. He also said that Urd is ready to make those improvements on our mainframe. She can come at any time we schedule."
Tsuruko frowns a bit, as she and Yumiko knew full well everyone of the said people and the recent Ascension, or Godhood as they put it, Morisato earned after his marriage. That makes him a bit disturbing to be around the students right now for his Ki would be like a Nova blowing out on the School's grounds. The young man needed to learn control, but that would take time for him. Well, he had a fine help, as his wife was the best one to teach him how to deal with his new life. But they do need to be careful around people able to sense other's Ki flow.
"Tell him to set a schedule with the Tech and Computing Teams, but see if Morisato himself will be coming too, for if that is the case, tell him that while in ShinMei Ryu, he will have to remain at the Master Dojo facilities. He would create havoc among the students in the School at this moment".
"Will do. I also thought that. In time he will learn. And time he has, plenty of it I would say." Says an amused Yumiko. She knew the man, and does not know if he is an incredibly lucky one, or a very bad lucky guy. Those entities are a handful, but now he was one of them and time will show him how to deal with his own new abilities and responsibilities. Time and his wife.
"And today's last issue is a request from Kazami Mizuho for a school class trip to visit the Old School grounds. As ShinMei is a national treasure, it would be a good teaching trip to her students she says."
"Oh… All right…Who knows, maybe we can find some new prospects among her students."
They also knew about the young woman. She quit her observation position here on Earth long ago, thus no problems to have her here. "Oh, and Yumiko…tell her to control that AI unit of hers…I don't want it popping out from thin air around the School."
"Will do."
"Well Tsuruko…That is it for today. I would say it is a calm day per si." Yumiko thinks about all the activities and all things known by them. People would be impressed by their stances about all things discussed here, but for them, it was a daily work. A calm one, for no demons or other threats were facing them…at least not yet.
"Let's cherish the moment." Says Tsuruko, always smiling.
Tsuruko was really feeling good today, and that made Yumiko happy as well. She hates to see her twin sad, as she was noticing lately.
"Hey Tsuruko.” Says her sister, while looking at the bright blue sky. “There is a new restaurant in town, which is said to have good food, a dancing area, good music and a great view. What do you think about going out tonight? We are all together here, as Antonio does not have any assignments now and we are on a very calm period, Gods may bless us. What do you think about we go out and dine together? We eat, dance and have a little fun!"
"Indeed, It has been a long time since we last shared good family relations and longer yet that I last went to dance. So it's a deal. This will be a nice and calm day, so let's enjoy the opportunity!" Agrees Tsuruko, genuinely happy. I may get a bit depressed for I will be the odd one then, but it has been long since we have shared good companionship...and Antonio is very funny to be around. I will enjoy this night indeed.
The day's schedule and activities overviewed, they continue the walk. After that, they would meet the Masters to address the Old School matters and meditate prior to going to the Master Dojo facilities prepare for lunch with their guests and perform their office duties.
They were very busy women, indeed.

And at that same morning, on a Hotel near the Forests at Kyoto:
Well, it seems that this will be a beautiful day! Thinks Urashima Keitaro, opening the window of his room.
Yesterday I had time to come to this hotel only. No time for sightseeing or anything. And if I think about it, I was in no mood to do anything, truth to be told. But I will overcome this gloom…and Kyoto is a nice start to it. It's calm, it's full of temples (if I decide to visit them. Some spiritual soothing might help) and I may even start drawing again here. Time to earn back some of my favorite hobbies and of course, some photo stamps for my collection.
Keitaro does feel a bit better this morning. Yesterday events where tiring and heavy on the young man. And as he was heading to the train station, he was thinking back about all that he suddenly came to understand yesterday.
I was a fool all these years. I held to a promise made when I was just a little kid, expecting that the other part would keep it. Well, if you think about it that was really foolish. Who was I deceiving then? Maybe I was actually afraid of taking on relationships, and that is why. Or was I so focused on the promise itself that I never really thought much over it? He thinks while frowning. All right, Narusegawa was never obliged to follow the promise. If she does not like me, fine, but why was she never really clear about this matter with me? Since I started to feel something about her (even before knowing she was the girl…and that was a first) I tried to show her my feelings. Ok, those stupid accidents were not helpful at all, but I was not doing them on purpose…And some were not even my fault, damn Kitsune! At this a bit of anger comes to his face but vanishes fast.
But I never had any clear answer from her. At least if I count out the violence she loves so much to lay upon me. Actually, she seemed sometimes happy at my side. So much as to give me hope that we could have something together. And she was even acting more tender…but I now see why. At this moment his mood drops a bit.
She was going out alone a lot lately. I would never ask, nor follow her. But I was curious, as she ditched even our study sessions at times. And now, I know why. She got a boyfriend. He sighs while thinking. Alright…She has the right to do so, but then why accept my attention? Why not tell me that she has someone? Granted, I would be sad, but at least she would have been honest with me. I just wanted this much. We could have been good friends.
As he feels his mood dropping, he stretches at the balcony he was in, at his room. No, I will not fall into this now. Not time to think about this with an empty stomach! And the day is really beautiful. Let's start moving! Now breakfast, and then will see what to visit and to do while in Kyoto. Yes, that's what I'll do now. He moves back to the room. First of all, a quick shower. I was so lucky to get this hotel so cheap. I even have my own small kitchen and a bathroom! Let's start to see the bright side of things, and move on!
So Keitaro starts his first day in Kyoto. He knows that the hurt inside him is deep and fresh, but he will overcome it. And then he will live his life in full. No more binding himself to a promise which revealed itself cold and empty, and to senseless violence.
He was actually beginning to feel energetic.
Maybe being away from Hinata-sou will help a lot. I need time for myself. And who knows what may happen. Anyway, it's better than waiting for the moment I will be sent flying through a door, roof or wall. Or being slashed. Grins Keitaro. I just need to stay away from the Aoyama's Dojo. If they are all like Motoko, I need to be careful around them. But Kyoto is not that small, and I don't plan to visit it anyway.
That was the beginning of the day on different parts of Kyoto.

Hinata-sou, same morning:
Urashima Haruka, still annoyed with the girls at the dorm, woke up early today to set things with the tenants at the dorm. She would not be able to take care of both her Tea Shop and the Dorm itself, so she would make the girls work. And work they would, otherwise eviction was always an option, though she would prefer to wait for Keitaro before acting more strictly with the girls, she thinks while heading to Hinata sou.
But I sincerely hope they are not up to test my patience. All of it was spent yesterday, and I am not feeling very forgiving with them. Well, at least with Narusegawa and Motoko. Thinks Haruka while climbing the stairs to the dorm.
"Ohayo Minna-san!" She yells at the door. "Everybody down to the living room as I need a little word before the day starts."
As most of the girls had a troubled night, they were up early, and as soon as Haruka called, they were coming down.
Everyone waited attentively. Narusegawa and Motoko placed themselves a bit far from Haruka, something she did not failed to notice. Feh, it seems they are wary about me. Better be so! Narusegawa knows what I think about her by now, and Motoko knows something after yesterday.
"As I told you all before, I have my own duties at my Tea House, and as Keitaro is on vacation." At this point Narusegawa moves a bit, but the glare Haruka gives her is enough to stop any unthinking outburst from the blondie one. Haruka carries on. "I will be setting duties to you all. As you all live here together, I don't think this will be especially difficult. But being difficult or not, I expect everything to be done in accordance to my saying. Am I clear?" All girls nod in accordance.
"As Shinobu already cooks and do the laundry, I will not set new duties for her.
She is over the top with those already." She looks to little Shinobu nodding.
"Kitsune, Motoko, Kaolla and Narusegawa will organize yourselves to keep the building clean and in good shape. Keitaro reminded me on our last talk how badly kept this building was before he arrived. I do not want him to find it like that when he gets back"
Naru and Motoko start to complain.
"How badly kept?" Says Naru. "We were doing fine before his arrival! No one complained here."
"Each one kept their own room as best possible. Mine for instance changed little since his arrival." Says Motoko.
"Oh, all right. Now talk about your rooms... You sleep there and keep it clean, but the common areas were a disaster. And I had to call every 2 weeks a cleaning service to keep the Hot Spring going. That you do not remember, but I do. And if you were really that forgetful, every month I had to call a cleaning crew to the building itself. Overall maintenance was done every 6 months for that was really expensive. And during the year that Grandma Hina was out prior to Keitaro´s arrival, that was the routine here. I should know for I was the one responsible for that. Don't you really notice the kind of work necessary to keep a Dorm this size in good shape? Keitaro has been very diligent for I can see how better kept Hinata-sou is after his arrival".
Haruka looks at all girls.
"How you will split yourselves to perform the maintenance and cleaning is up to you girls. I just want it to be done. And I will be here every evening, after closing my Tea Shop, to inspect things. So please do not play dumb. That will be bad for you"
"But Haruka san, we do not know how to even start." Pleads Kitsune.
"Well, everything has a first time. When Keitaro first arrived here, he knew just his studies and little else. He learned his ways here fast, with the happy cheering of you all." The last statement made a bit coldly.
"So organize yourselves, and start working. At least you will be doing this together."
"And one little remark. Shinobu already has a lot to do here, as she already does ALL the laundry and ALL the cooking, so if you give her any task beyond those ones, there will be problems, understood?"
"Hai!" Everyone, including Shinobu, answers Haruka.
Haruka starts heading back to the door, when she turns and addresses Narusegawa directly.
"Narusegawa, you said nothing about carrying on studying to enter Toudai or not. I don't know your plans up to now. Don't even know if you are thinking about this, but if you carry on studying, that will not be an excuse to not perform your part of the duties here. First you do your part in this dorm, and AFTER you study, or anything else you might wish to do. You and Kitsune are out of school, so you both have more time than the others to perform any duties here. Keep that in mind. I do not think that is especially difficult, as we know Keitaro was doing exactly this while here, and still going to prep school. And doing it alone, by the way."
"And now he is a ronin once again." Spurt Naru, mostly to herself.
"Yeah…That is right. Maybe if he had thought more about himself and his studies he would be on Toudai now, I know." Comments Haruka opening the door.
"I will see you tonight…And hope everything will be nice and well. A nice day to you all." Says Haruka, closing the door behind her.
Maybe they will learn. I sincerely hope so. Down deep they are ok, but gosh, sometimes they can be so selfish and careless. Haruka goes to her Tea Shop to start her day.
"So, now we need to organize and start our duties." Says Motoko. She is not actually distressed. She is already used to discipline, so a bit of hard work and organization was even good for her.
"But I do not even know where to start!" Says Kitsune, distressed.
"If that Baka was able to do it, no doubts we can do it all in a breeze!"
At this statement from Naru, Kitsune and Shinobu look funny to her. But Haruka was not here, and so her tongue was free again.
"Start with breakfast!" Says Kaolla.
"That is right. Let's eat something, and then we will start assigning duties here. Performing chores at our house will be even good for us all." states Motoko, always calm and collected (when not dealing with Keitaro).
I was planning to go out this afternoon. It is such a beautiful day…grrr…Baka! If he was performing his responsibilities this would not be happening. Thinks Narusegawa while caressing her offended cheek from last night.
While rebelling against the situation, she would not go against Haruka, as she made clear she would not listen to Narusegawa pleas or `reasoning'.
So everyone went to have their breakfast, and to start the first day without Keitaro around, and with a lot of things to perform.
At breakfast, Shinobu by accident put Keitaro´s plate ready as well, when everyone was seated, they noticed it and got a bit sad, for wishing to acknowledge it or not, something was really amiss on that morning among all the girls.
Even to Narusegawa…Be it the lack of constant attention the Kanrinnin gave her or his antics.
Motoko was not exactly happy as well. But she was not sure why, for she would hardly assume that she would be sad by Keitaro´s absence. I am feeling something. A bit sad and also aware of something I cannot identify right now. I feel that something is coming our way. I just don't know what. Not something inherently bad or good, but something that will touch us all. But what? Urashima´s absence…No…Don't think so.
So that day started at another part of Japan.
Different people, different lives and situations, but they all had more in common than they could possibly imagine.
And indeed, a new time was coming to all their lives.
End Chapter 2