Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Not another Love Hina story ❯ Day 1: A real bad day ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
 
Legal stuff: I do not own anything they belong to their proper owners Ken Akamatsu
 
 
 
 
A long afternoon of horribly unexpected events led to the unknown. The trio was riding a contraption of Su's, a giant Mecha kame tank destroyer, on the highway chasing their targets. Su was driving the device since Haruka and Keitaro wanted to man the guns. Though Haruka's hair was short it was blowing in the wind right into Keitaro's mouth..
 
“Where did this go wrong,” Keitaro mumbled to himself just as another strand of Haruka's hair blew into his mouth. He spoke somberly, “I mean everything was going so well; what went wrong?”
 
“Huh,” Haruka asked unable to hear anything above the din of wind and motor “ you say something?”
 
“ I'm just wondering what went so wrong to drive them to this extreme.” Keitaro said shouting over the engine noise.
 
“ Not sure what to say,” Haruka said smoking her trademark cigarette, “ I really have no idea what happened”.
 
*Flash back*
 
Early morning: Keitaro rose from his bed to get ready for his hard day. He didn't feel like dealing with Naru's or Mottoko's beatings. He got freshened up for a day of intense studying for Todai entrance exam. Walking out from his bathroom, he heard a loud explosion, one that seemed not far off. He looked outside, and to his amazement, he saw Naru clad in a wedding dress holding a rocket launcher and jumping into Seta's van. Then he noticed smoke coming from where the teas house used to be.
 
“What the hell? Haruka-san!” he thought to himself dashing outside to look for her.
 
“ Haruka-san” he yelled repeatedly looking for his aunt through the wreckage that once was the Hinata teahouse.
 
“Owe!” Keitaro said turning around seeing Haruka. In relief he hugged her.
 
“ What took you so long to finally call me, Haruka?” she yelled. “Did I have to almost die?” she said angrily at him. “Oh, and enough of that mushy shit, please, you know how much I hate it”.
 
“Sorry, Haruka-san” he said quickly backing away and receiving a slap.
 
“Sempai!” wailed the blue- haired girl, Shinobu, as she ran towards them with a note “ I think it's for you.”
 
Keitaro held it as he read it; curious to see what he got, Haruka read it over his shoulder. Together, they gasped as they finished it.
 
“ Wait till I get my hands on him”, Haruka said showing more emotion then she ever showed to them “ He's going to pay dearly.”
 
“ How will we get a ride?” Keitaro asked unsure about how stable his aunt was “ they have a van we got nothing”
 
“ That's where you're wrong, nephew, we've got better then a van” she said looking at Su who was by Mottoko in the doorway of the inn.
 
“Su we have a letter for you,” Haruka said grinning at the thought of what type of ride Su would supply them to hunt their vermin.
 
Su ran towards Keitaro jumping on his neck to read the letter.
 
Dear Hinata House and perverted manager,
 
I'm sorry for having to leave at such short notice, but I've finally found happiness. I'm deeply in love with Seta and have been seeing him behind all of your backs. Last night he proposed to me and I accepted so we are getting married. So don't worry; I'm with a better man than the perverted idiot Keitaro is. Well, lot's of love to all of you there, except the manager.
 
Love
Naru,
(Just not Keitaro)
 
P.S. I hate you Keitaro, you dumb pervert.
 
P.S.2# We have eaten all of Su's bananas and all the ones in the stores. It was Sarah's idea. The next shipment won't be here for a few months.
 
 
“Oh my god” Su said gasping in dismay. “ No bananas; those bitches are going to pay.”
 
“ Watch your language, Su.” Keitaro reminded the girl struggling to breathe.
 
*Flash back end*
 
 
 
 
“God, I hate flashback's” Haruka mumbled annoyed. “Keitaro why did you have to do such a long flashback?”
 
“Sorry.” Keitaro said, relieved there was no slap from his Aunt. “ Su, how close to the van are we?”
 
“ Almost there.” Su said clamping onto his neck in a death hug.
 
“ Uh, if you're there, who's driving?” Keitaro said panicking with fear of dying. “ We're going to die; aren't we!?”
 
“Su-chan, get back to the wheel,” Haruka said calmly “before you traumatize your play buddy.”
 
“Awwwwwwww, do I have to?” the supposed driver whined disappointedly.
 
“ Yes!” Haruka and Keitaro, yelled simultaneously
 
“Fine …Fine…. Fine…” Su responded getting off Keitaro and sliding behind the wheel.
 
A few minutes later they could see Seta's beat up van ahead. Su began shooting off Sidewinder missiles trying to blow it up.
 
“Seta-san do something!” Naru said from within the van. “ They are trying to kill us!”
 
“Buckle your seat belts.” Seta said as he began taking evasive maneuvers surprisingly dodging all incoming, though a few stray missiles destroyed the bridge ahead leaving them no where to run.
 
It was a showdown of the ages. Seta, knowing that they had a game of chicken on their hands, spun the van around to face their new opponent, Su's monstrosity.
 
“We can't possibly win.” the bride screamed at her fiancé'. “ They are going to kill us.”
 
“Sarah, be a good girl and fetch us the parachutes.” Seta chuckled and revved the van's engines. “ We're going to make it; Naru-chan just you be ready.”
 
“Time for the end.” Seta and Haruka whispered under their breath because they knew this game would decide everything.
 
Engines roaring, the two vehicles crashed creating a mushroom-cloud explosion and decimating the surroundings. Luckily, just before impact and in the nick of time, Seta, Sarah, and Naru jumped from the van acquiring some wounds. They parachuted toward the town below the bridge and sought comfort in a local hotel hoping for good night's rest and recuperation.
 
“Shit!” Su thought. “ I was a dead man back there.” said Keitaro as he struggled from the straps of the ejector seat.
 
“You can't die. Remember?” Haruka chuckled at her remark. “Only Su and I would be dead; did you forget about your immortality?”
 
“ You're saying I could grab your pistol and shoot my self in the head and survive?” Keitaro teased reaching for toward where Haruka kept her gun.
 
“ I wouldn't try it if I where you.” she said slapping him on the check hard enough to leave a rosy imprint of her hand. “ Plus, what did I say about my gun? It's off limits to you.”
 
The ejector seats had landed them free from danger, but far from most anything else so they had to hike to town. It took them hours because Su's curiosity required frequent stops to examine Local Mountain flora and fauna. After a rigorously slow walk down the mountain pass, they arrived in a town and checked themselves also into a hotel.
 
Once in the hotel room, Keitaro went straight for the futon opposite the door; he was exhausted from a day of extreme troubles. Haruka leaned against the wall to the left of Keitaro taking a smoke break (as she called it). The young genius was busy making a crazy new invention using the makeshift tool kit and supplies she had brought.
 
“Su, can you please keep it down? I'm worn out.” Keitaro yawningly asked the misfit, foreign girl. Her tinkering was making an inordinate racket.
 
“Ok.” she said, ignoring absolutely everything he said. She was too busy concentrating on her project to pay attention to anything else.
 
“Would you mind telling us what you're working on?” Haruka asked taking a long, trademark drag, “And, go to bed soon because we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow. We have no idea where they are nor where we'll obtain transportation.”
 
“Well, I got the transportation covered.” Su replied with a devilish grin. “ One minute…”
 
About a minute later she screamed, “Bingo! It's done! OK, good night.”
 
She immediately moved towards Keitaro who was her sleeping buddy for this trip, for Haruka, as gentle as she was, would probably slug her if she chose her as her sleeping buddy. After a few minutes she began her traditional sleeping habits, Haruka tossed her newly finished cigarette.
 
“Damn, this is going to be one messed up trip.” Haruka whispered to herself thinking of how the day had gone. “ Though, I can't imagine it could get any worse; then again, I've got good company.”
 
The two opposing forces, amazingly, were not even aware that they were only a few rooms from each other in the same hotel. Though the next day would deliver more mayhem and destruction than neither side could predict, they all slept peacefully with sound hopes for better luck tomorrow.