Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Ride On Time ❯ Preflight ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

(Love Hina and its characters belong to Akamatsu Ken…)
 
A/N: Hi! This is my 2nd Love Hina fic. It will be a keitaro x Motoko one.
 
Setting: Takes place after volume 14 of the manga when Keitaro and the girls were adults. Okay, he is 26 yrs old now and has not engaged with Naru. He has found what he really wanted to be… Pairotto (Pilot). Based on my favorite drama, I rewrote this with my best aeronautic and aviation knowledge
 
So I hope you guys will enjoy!
 
Prologue
 
The snoring of the ex girls' dormitory manager was the only noise which can be heard in the hotel's room. Lying beside him on the bed was his electronic notebook which had been displaying a replay of an aircraft landing, with the words `Game Over' as well as `Perfect Flight' flashing over it.
 
As an aircraft flew over the Honolulu skies, Keitaro yawned lazily and stretched his exhausted body. Sneaking a preview at his watch, he could not bother much and returned to his slumber. A second later, his eyes widened when he looked at his time piece again.
 
“DAMN IT!!!” Keitaro exclaimed and jumped off his bed. After putting on his pilot's uniform hastily, he dived onto the other bed and grabbed his briefcase and a bloated plastic bag, containing the gifts for the Hinatasou girls.
 
 
Inside a particular airliner…
 
“Hey Miss! Bring me some Johnny Walker!” A half drunk passenger ordered.
 
An energetic flight stewardess rushed to his side. “I'm sorry, sir. We don't have that onboard…” Kanako bowed repeatedly.
 
Urashima Kanako, the adoptive sister of Keitaro decided to become a cabin attendant when she discovered her brother had joined the airline company as a cadet pilot five years ago. Her undying love for Keitaro had not changed much but she had matured over the years, and being less willful now. By flying as cabin attendant, she hoped that she could be with her brother more, if fate allowed them to work on the same aircraft.
 
“WHAT!?” The passenger barked and then calmed down. “I paid a lot for my flight, do you know?”
 
“I'm very very sorry, sir,” Kanako replied as she presented him with a bottle of red wine. “We do not have whiskeys but we do have red wines, do you wish to try it?”
 
“Forget it!”
 
The rowdy passenger got off from his seat and headed towards the lavatory. As he made his way there, he took out a packet of cigarettes. Kanako approached him quickly.
 
 
Keitaro told the taxi driver to keep the change and dashed off madly. “Excuse me!” The pilot said out loud in English as he ran in the crowded airport, pulling his briefcase along. An old man stepped aside when he saw the incoming. “Thank you!” Keitaro panted and looked at his watch. “Shit!” He was going to be late and began to hand carry his bulky briefcase.
 
 
“Please open the door, sir!” kanako pleaded, knocking on the lavatory's door. She had seen his packet of cigarettes and had no doubts he was going to smoke in the lavatory as he could not have his desired liquor.
 
“Damn it!” was the passenger's reaction when he opened the door. The sight of the cabin attendants standing outside the lavatory made him sick, he returned to his seat grumbling.
 
“Sir, did you smoke in the lavatory?” One of the cabin attendants asked. “Smoking is prohibited in the aircraft.”
 
“I KNOW! DID YOU ACTUALLY SEE ME SMOKING IN THERE?”
 
“I saw it!” Kanako rebuked without second thoughts. She had witnessed what he was clearly doing earlier and she believed it was correct it to point out in front everyone. “You took out your cigarettes and lighter when you were heading towards the lavatory!”
 
“What kind of attitude is this? Treating me like a criminal?”
 
“No, sir…” Kanako bowed.
 
“It's useless taking to you guys! Where's the Captain?”
 
“Eh…”
 
“GET ME THE CAPTAIN!!!” The passenger raged.
“I'm very sorry, sir,” The older cabin attendant answered as she helped Kanako out. “The Captain is not allowed to leave the cockpit.”
 
The passenger stood up and decided to take things into his own hands. “I'll approach the Captain then!!!” He said and brushed the cabin attendants aside, making his way to the restricted area.
 
“Waittttt!” Kanako chased after him and grabbed his arms. “Please cool down, sir!”
 
“I WANT TO SEE THE CAPTAIN!!!” The passenger yelled as he tried to shrug off the cabin attendants. “WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? GETTING HIGH SALARIES… DA…”
 
“Excuse me!” Another voice added in.
 
Keitaro had just barged into the cabin. “I'm sorry, this is my first flight,” He told everybody onboard. “I was preparing last night for it and overslept. Sorry!”
 
The passenger and the cabin attendants gave him a puzzled expression. As Keitaro moved his eyes from left to right, he noticed some familiar faces. “Good morning, Onii-chan!” Kanako rushed to her brother and grabbed hold of his arms tightly.
 
“KANAKO!?” Keitaro exclaimed. “WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?”
 
“We're having a training sessoion for the new CA now,” The older cabin attendant answered for Kanako. Keitaro jumped back. It was the woman he saw back in Okinawa with Mutsumi and Naru six years ago.
 
“MUTSUMI'S MOM!?”
 
“Ara, who are you?” Otohime Natsumi smiled.
 
Keitaro slapped his head. “Just like Mutsumi,” He thought, recalling the time when he met the anemic girl on the cruise. Both of them tend to be tad scatter brained. “Urashima Keitaro! Mutsumi's friend!” Keitaro replied and Natsumi told him that her daughter does not have any male friends. The pilot was going to faint hearing that. “By the way, why are you having training here?”
 
“Today, we have a new CA,” The half-drunk passenger replied as he walked up to Keitaro.
 
“KENTARO!?”
 
“Yes. Sakata Kentaro,” The brown haired one answered and pulled Kanako to his side. “We are training her how to cope with emergency situations if it arises.” With that, Kentaro straightened Keitaro's tie smartly. It is essential for a pilot to be dressed neatly as it would reflect on their professionalism and discipline.
 
“Please continue then,” Keitaro added awkwardly as he had disrupted an important drill session unintentionally. Kanako looked at her brother lovingly as he made his way to the cockpit.
 
“Kanako, you can't treat a passenger that way,” Kentaro corrected. “You will make him embarrass. First of all, you must…”
 
“Ah… Excuse me again, what you did just now was simply excellent!”
 
“What was it?” Kentaro questioned the pilot's comment. Keitaro had u-turned from his way to the cockpit upon hearing the former K University medical student conversation.
 
“When you yelled `GET THE DAMN CAPTAIN HERE'!” Keitaro imitated part of Kentaro's role playing verse in the training.
 
“It was just a simulation.”
 
“If there's anyone caught smoking, don't treat them politely. Give them a lecture first.”
 
“Eh?”
 
Keitaro started to explain the importance of team work onboard an aircraft. “As we are onboard the same aircraft, we'll be seeing each other for hours,” The pilot spoke. “The passengers and the crew must work as a team for the well being of the flight. Yeah. That's my view.”
 
“Thank you, we got your message,” Natsumi bowed. “Where's the Captain?”
 
 
Keitaro had just realized that the Captain was still at the hotel. Both of them were supposed to leave together. Without much delay, he ran out the cabin and headed back to the hotel.
 
As he was about to enter the hotel, the Captain called him. He had been waiting for the First Officer for nearly an hour and a half. Keitaro walked to him and bowed apologetically. The Captain stood up and faced him. The former Toudai student was expecting harsh words from his superior but it turned out the other round.
 
“In my ten years flying, this is the first time I have been dumped by First Officer.”
 
“I'm very sorry,” was a guilty Keitaro reply.
 
The Captain laughed and patted the younger pilot's shoulder. “Let's go or we will be late,” He said.
 
 
In the cabin where everybody was present, the pilots introduced themselves.
 
“I'm Captain Mizuno, yoroshiku,” The master of the aircraft started off.
 
“I'm First Officer Urashima,” Keitaro followed up.
 
“Onegaishimasu!” were the cabin attendants' reply.
 
“I'm in charge of L1, Cabin Manager Sakata Kentaro.”
 
“I'm in charge of L2, Otohime Natsumi,” The chief cabin attendant reported. “Captain, can we have an early boarding as this aircraft will be fully seated?”
 
“Early boarding approved.”
 
 
The aircraft is being towed off the terminal after the passengers have boarded and once the necessary checks have been completed. In the meantime, the pilots were going through the pre take off checks.
 
“System checks completed,” Keitaro informed and cast the preflight checklist aside.
 
“Avionics power switch,” Mizuno followed up.
 
Keitaro switched on the power for onboard electronics located on the panel above them. “Avionics power switch on,” The co pilot answered.
 
After taxiing to the runway, the aircraft awaited further instructions from the air traffic control for take off. Keitaro asked for permission for take off as the aircraft ahead of them had just cleared the runway.
 
“All Nippon 1501 call for take off,” Keitaro said through the microphone.
 
“All Nippon 1501 clear for take off,” The air traffic control answered. “Good luck.”
 
“Take off,” Mizuno ordered.
 
“Roger,” The co pilot replied, increasing the aircraft's ground speed to Vr 60MPH by pushing the throttle forward.
 
Keitaro had taken off his maiden voyage as First Officer onboard after four years of training in the flying school. He could not wait to get back to Hinatasou and share his experience with everyone.
 
 
To be continued.
 
 
A/N: Well how is the prologue? I'd like to hear some comments! Criticisms are welcome.
 
Good Luck.