Love Hina Fan Fiction ❯ Third Crowd ❯ Chapter 12: " Seeing Double" ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]


Third Crowd

Disclaimer: I don't own Love Hina. Shinrai and Haitani, they're losers nuff said.

=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\= \=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\

=-1=-1-=1=-1=-1=-1=-1=-1=-1=-1=-1=-1=1-=1-1=-1=-1=-1=-1=1-=1-=1 -=1-=1=-1=-1=-1

Flash Back: Chapter 11: Rem and Sato decided to tell the girls the real reason why they are at Hinata, At last Sato, Rem and Yaite felt like a thorn on their side was taken out. They have no idea how much closer the confession made the group and so the story continues.

=-1=-1=-1=-1=-1=-1=-1=-1=1-=1-=1-=1-1=-1=-1=-1=-1=-1=1-=1-1=-1= -1=-1=1-=1-1=-1

=-2=-2=2-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-=2-=2-=2-=2-=2-2=-2=- =2-2=-2-2=-2=-2=2

Chapter 12: " Seeing Double"

=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=-2=2-=2-=2-=2-=2-=2-=2- =2-=2-2=-2-=2-=-2

Hinata stairs: ( 10:00 am)

A man walks up the stairs of Hinata Sou carrying a small brief case and a travelling bag; He stops for a moment and scans the area. He looks at the entrance of the hotel and walks closer.

" Is this Hinata Sou?" The man said, he is wearing a dark brown coat over a dark blue inside shirt. He's wearing light gray pants and brown leather shoes. He's wearing dark sunglasses, which hides his eyes. He keeps his waist length faded red hair tied at his back keeping it from being blown by the wind.

He hears some noises inside Hinata and steps back; the noise sounds like someone being tortured by anything means possible. He faces the stairs again and starts to walk down.

" I guess this is not the place…"

As he was about to go down, Kitsune came out of the Inn and saw the man. She squints a little to make sure she sees the man clearly then she shouted…

" Hey, Rem are you going somewhere?"

The man looked back at Kitsune, he removes his glasses, revealing his blue eyes, and completely turned around to talk to Kitsune.

" Huh? Sorry, I believe you are mistaken…I"

" Whew, That's a relief I thought you were planning to run away or something without telling us…anyway…"

" Wait, miss…uhh…"

" What? Don't tell me you don't know my name now too."

" I'm sorry but you got me wrong with…"

Before Rem finishes Kitsune grabbed him by the arm and led him inside.

" We'll talk about this later, Now you must do your chores"

" Wait, Let me explain…--_--"

Kitsune made Rem wear a blue apron and pointed at the kitchen.

" You didn't think you could skip cooking lunch now did you? ^_~"

" But…But… @_@"

" No buts! Now you should start cooking, before everyone gets hungry…okay then, see ya ^_~"

" Huh? How am I supposed to cook? I can't even cook sunny side up eggs…--_--"

Rem noticed he doesn't know what to do and tried to get some help, he walks out of the kitchen…

" Uhh, excuse me, can I ask someone to help me? Is anyone there?"

He moves in the dining room and looked around, he moves further inside the Hinata Sou. Meanwhile Kitsune was going to her room when she sees Rem writing something on his study table, she gives out a sigh and walked towards Rem's room.

" Hey, I thought you were cooking and now I see you here doing something else?"

Rem gives Kitsune a bewildered look and stands up. He's wearing a light yellow long sleeve T-shirt and blue jeans.

" What are you talking about Kitsune?"

" You know what I'm talking about and how did you change clothes quickly?"

" Huh?" Rem looking all confused

" Anyway!"

Kitsune drags Rem back to the kitchen. When they got there Rem stood up and fixed himself up.

" You didn't have to drag me you know…"

" I guess but now you should do some cooking!"

" Fine…"

Kitsune walks out of the Kitchen. Rem looks around for the apron so he can start cooking, but it was nowhere to be found he moves in the living room trying to asks someone if they saw where it was placed.

" Hey, where's everybody? Hey have you guys seen my apron?"

Rem continues to walk towards the rooms. Kitsune now sees Rem wearing the blue apron, looking around like a lost child. She gets quite irritated and walks towards Rem again.

" I thought I already left you in the kitchen and now I see you here? How did you move that quick?"

" Huh? Sorry but I was looking for someone to help me in the…"

Kitsune now pushes Rem back at the kitchen and…

" Now you should finish making lunch!"

" But wait a minute…"

" JUST cook!"

Kitsune gives Rem a strong push, which almost made him run towards the burning stove. Kitsune moves back in the living room to have a little drink. Rem goes down the stairs and sees Kitsune.

" Hey Kitsune, have you seen my blue apron?"

Kitsune now looks confused, because she remembers she sent Rem to the kitchen but now he went down the stairs. Kitsune blinks a few times and answered

" Hey, you were wearing it a while ago! And how did you get upstairs?"

" I walked, what else?"

" But I just pushed you back at the kitchen a while ago!"

" Huh?"

Kitsune grabs Rem and leads him back to the kitchen. When they got to the kitchen they saw no one there, Kitsune searches the kitchen, Rem gave a quick laugh and asked…

" What are you looking for?"

" There must be a secret passage or something."

" Oooookay… then I should start cooking "

" Okay, but don't do that now you're here now you're not trick again…it makes my head hurts."

" Whatever you say o foxy one…"

Kitsune jumps back at the sofa and the others starts to show up one by one.

" Hey, is lunch ready yet? =^_^=" Sato said gleefully

" Barely, I had a hard time keeping Rem in the kitchen…"

" Keeping who in the kitchen?" Rem said as he looks over the stairs.

" Huh? What the--? >_<" Kitsune now pulling her hair out

" How did you?"

" Huh?" Rem just stood confused

Kitsune dragged Rem back to the kitchen and stood watch.

Kitchen: ( 11:30 am)

" Hey Kitsune why are you guarding Rem?" Naru came in the dining room and sat on the chair.

" To keep him from seeking out again"

Motoko came in after Naru and the others shortly followed.

" Hey, what's taking so long?" Su complained

" I'm hungry!" Sarah added.

" If Rem just stayed in the kitchen this won't happen." Kitsune said grinning her teeth.

" Huh? What was that?" Rem looking over inside the kitchen.

" You called me Kitsune?" Another Rem came in from the living room

Everyone: O_o

Both Rems looked at each other for a moment then their eyes widened and…

" Ah! You!" they said in unison

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

In the living room: ( 11:35 am)

" They look exactly the same!" Kitsune examines the two Rems' faces by pinching and pulling their cheeks.

" Hey will you stop that! T_T"

" Hehehe sorry! ^_~"

" You didn't tell us you had a twin Rem-San!" Naru said

" But I did, I told you once that I had another brother and sister right?"

" I thought you meant the guy who caused the commotion at the theme park."

" Nah, I don't consider him a brother anymore… Okay then this is…"

" Right…I'm Muenrich Vindel Shingora, you can call me Muen or Vin any of the two will be fine…Nice to meet you all."

" Wow, they even give introductions the same way…" Su exclaimed

" Eh? Really? Hahaha ^_^"

" But one thing though, Vin here smiles a lot, unlike Rem, who always has this look" Kitsune tried to imitate Rem's facial expression " T_T " everybody just laughed after that.

" Yeah, you're so right" Sato giggled

" … " T_T

" See? He's doing it right now!" Kitsune points at Rem

" Really funny…T_T" Rem looks at Vin next and…

" What's with the visit Vin? How did you know I was here?"

" Huh? Oh right, Father happened to drop by the house the other day and just brought it up in a conversation. He said you were staying in Japan and so I thought I can come visit."

" Heh, that old coot…can't keep his mouth shut…But I'm glad to see you Vin"

" Oh, that's right, mom wanted me to give you this…^_^"

Vin hands Rem a package.

" What is it?" Rem tries to open the package

" It's Rice rolls, They're your favorite right?"

" Hey, rice rolls, mom can make the best rice rolls…" Rem gives a delighted smile

" Can I have some? ^_^" Sato asked while clasping his hands, and giving the puppy dog eyes look.

" Hmmm? -Sigh- fine, knock your self out, besides mom always make extra for you, she knows you have some appetite. You guys try some too."

" Really?" The girls just helped them selves with some rice balls.

" Wow, now I know why Rem is a good cook." Naru said while taking a big bite off her rice roll.

" Yeah, these are even better than the ones Shinobu makes" Motoko said

" Yes, There really good ^_^ " Shinobu added

" Hehehe, yeah she's a good cook…" Rem said proudly.

" Hehehe but I didn't get her talent in cooking…^_^" Vin said while he placed his hand at the back of his head.

" Yeah? But you got her other talent though…" Rem tried to comfort Vin

" Huh what other talent?" Su asked curiously.

" Well, Vin here is a great artist, his works are really good and you won't be able to tell it from a picture or a painting."

" Come on now I'm not that good."

" Can you show us some of your works?" Shinobu asked with enthusiasm

" Sure, I keep them in this brief case" Vin reaches for his brief case and pulled out some of his work of art.

The gang saw his works and were amazed, Rem was right you will think it was a picture and not a painting. Most of his works were landscapes and painting of nature. He has some portraits and paintings of a group of people. One particular work that caught the gang's interest is a portrait of a woman, The woman was wearing a light blue kimono with a blue flower pattern. The woman was smiling with one hand supporting her hair from the wind. She has Emerald green eyes and golden brown hair, which is up to her shoulders. The woman's age was from 20 to 25. The gang was mesmerized to see it was so life like. You can't help but smile back when you see the portrait.

" Wow, what a beautiful woman!" Naru said in admiration.

" Yup really beautiful" Keitaro added.

" Don't be thinking perverted thoughts Keitaro!"

" I'm NOT!" Keitaro protested

"Who is she?" Sarah asked

" She's our mother, Yurihana Tatsubana Shingora." Rem said

" Wow, she looks really pretty." Motoko said while still looking at the painting.

" She looks happy too." Shinobu

" I guess, I can't understand what she saw in father and she fell in love with that bum…T_T"

" We should be grateful though, if not for father we can't be here right now…"

" Yeah, yeah…"

" Okay, I should be going…" Vin started to stand up

" Huh? But you just got here" Kitsune tried to stop him

" I just wanted to see if my twin here is okay, so there's nothing else to do, besides I still need to tell mother that Rem's fine."

" Too bad, I thought you were gonna stay a bit longer…" Naru said in a disappointed tone.

" But I guess I still make one more painting before I go…"

" Huh?" The girls and Keitaro looked confused

" One more thing, Vin here is also known for his impromptu works, he can finish a painting in a few minutes."

" Wow, you're really good Vin-San" Keitaro commented

" Then, please let me draw a painting with all of you as models…"

" Sure!"

" But before that we should have lunch first." Rem stood up and pointed at the dining room.

" Yay! Lunch!" Su jump on Sato's back, where Sato ran towards the dining room

" Might as well…" Yaite walked towards the dining room.

" Come to think of it, I'm kinda hungry" Naru said to Kitsune

" What you say" Kitsune gives Naru a salute and hops to the dining room

" Hey, you guys better get in here before these two bottomless pits devour all the food." Rem points at Su and Sato with their mouths full and still going at it.

"WAAAAAH Hey, leave some for us!" Naru and the rest raced to the table.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-

Hinata Garden: ( 5:20 pm)

After lunch and a little rest, the gang went outside to prepare, Vin set up his equipment and started to adjust the colors he's going to use. In a few minutes everything was ready, He made the whole gang stand in front of Hinata Sou garden that Sato took care for a few weeks and now is overwhelmingly beautiful. And after that he started painting. About 10-15 minutes he was about done. After putting some final touches it was done. He showed the finished painting to the group. The girls were just amazed to see like it was a picture because the painting was so realistic. On the bottom right corner was the title " Third Crowd" and Vin's signature.

" Huh? What's with the title Vin?" Sato asked

" Hahaha I guess you can't understand what it means…"

" I know what it means…" Rem interrupted

" Tell me! =^_^="

" Later, Sato so you really can't stay huh?" Rem crossed his arms after punching Vin slightly at the arm.

" Sorry, but it's really complicated." Vin bowed

" I understand, You also inherited father's attitude of can't stay in one place for long…hehehe"

" I guess, okay then it was fun…"

" See you again Vin-San, be sure to visit again." Naru waves good bye.

" Yeah see you again, and have a safe trip!" Kitsune waves good bye too.

Motoko waves good bye and says nothing.

" See you again everyone…Thank you." Vin walks down the stairs.

The gang watches his fade out of the scene then looked at the painting again.

" He gave us a really nice gift, at least in this painting everything is at a standstill and we are all together…" Rem said and paused for a while and gave a sad expression then…

" Unlike in reality, there will come a time where we have to part ways…"

Motoko heard him say this statement which also saddened her, it is inevitable, one day the others will leave and it is uncertain when they will meet again. The gang watches the sunset a very sad sunset.

-Chapter 12 End-

=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\\=\=\=\=\=\ =\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=\=

That's it for this one! If you guys are wondering why I chose Third Crowd as a title then let me give you this answer, well first I really thought of something good and something relevant to the fic As I was about to write the fic I came across third crowd. You know that three's a crowd right? That is Naru, Mutsumi and Keitaro, the first crowd, then there are the other tenants namely Motoko, Kitsune and the others they are the second crowd and now comes Sato, Rem and Yaite who decides to stay at Hinata they are the third crowd. Hehehe I hope I made some sense if not too bad, see you guys in the next chapter.

Thank You

Silver Frost