Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Curse of Lighthouse Rock ❯ The Brooch ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I do not own Lupin III. The gods only know what would happen if I did. If you read this story on Fanfiction.net I did not copy. That version I wrote too. But my old screen name got deleted and I can’t seem to register at Fanfiction.net .This is an updated version.The older one had so many errors in it and the story was as developed as I though it was. Hope you understand .Merci. Enjoy.

The Brooch"Lupin! Get back here!""Sorry Pops! I got run!"Arsène Lupin III was a thin, wiry black-haired young man of twenty- seven. Because of his wiry frame he was a swift runner. He could hear the police closing in as he raced down the street to a waiting car. Lupin slid nimbly into the passenger seat with the bag and shouted to the diver," Floor it!" The driver took the hint and put the petal to the metal.Lupin sighed with happy relief as the police and Zennigata where left in the dust. He turned to the driver ,who was focused on the road. He was a tall man, thinner then Lupin ,with jet-black hair and a serious frown. The upper portions of his face beyond his nose were hidden by his trademark black Fedora. Daisuke Jigen had been his best friend for almost 5 years now. Lupin didn't know his exact age but he did know the man was probably in his thirties or forties."Why are you staring at me?"Lupin turned a little pink and shakes his head."Just wondering how you can where black in this heat?" Lupin asked, pulling off his jacket and shirt."I have more endurance then you Lupin," Jigen replied coldly."Why the bad mood?" Lupin asked."It's nothing," the older man snapped.The thief snorted folding his hands behind his head and stared at the ocean they were passing. It was over 90* and he had been running so, Lupin had been sweating enough for both of them. His skin ,what you could see of it , glistened in the sun. After having vanished without a trace a year and a half before, the French thief was up to no good again. But he seemed paler, more fragile then ever. Lupin felt a pair of arms wrap around his neck."Hey sweetheart."The voice was that of a young brown-haired woman about his age. She gave him a kiss on the cheek. Fujiko Mine was the love of his life and the one treasure he wouldn’t give up."Have you been working out?" She asked ,tracing his chest."Yeah ,why?" was reply."You've put on some muscle," she said kissing his cheek."Thanks Fujicakes," Lupin smiled.They hadn't seen him for about a year 1/2 ,so he could have spent the time doing god knows what. But if he'd been working out, it showed."Now what do you plan to do now?" Goemon Ishikawa ,who had know "woken" from his mediation ,was a black haired samurai bandit with a slight attitude.The young thief's face became tight and drawn. The seriousness of his face surprised them all."Have any of you heard of Lighthouse Rock?" He asked.They shook their heads."Lighthouse Rock isn't a real rock. It's a solid gold brooch it's set with a heart-shaped black onyx in the center and surrounding the onyx are six star-shaped sapphires. It’s real name is Lucky Heart .It's currently located in the Paris Lighthouse museum. We're going to steal it," he said."Why would you steal a brooch?" Jigen asked, sourly.Knowing Lupin as he did, the older man suspected it was to be a gift for Fujiko. He watched the Frenchman take a deep breathe from the corner of his eye."It belonged to my mother."Jigen nearly swerved off the road. In all the years they'd known him, Lupin never talked about his parents. He'd mentioned his father a few times but never said anything about his mother."It was your mother's brooch? What happened? Why don't you have it?" Fujiko asked."I loved my mother more then anything. Dad never loved anyone, not even her. Their marriage was arranged so they never really loved each other. Mother told me that until I was born she was sad and lonely. Mother hired a nurse for me when I was a year old. After a while Helen ,the nurse, became her best friend. Mother told me when I was young ,to save me from being forced into a loveless marriage, as she had been, that I should marry for love. She had written her will that morning. Then three days later ,on July 10, twenty-three and a half years ago tomorrow , my mother shoot herself in the heart. I was four then and Dad didn't think I understood what happened. Helen ,like Mother , believed I was more intelligent then I let on and explained to me the situation. Mother's brooch was to come to me according to her will. It belonged to every youngest child in my mother's family," the thief said in a mournful tone."Why do you not have it?" Goemon asked."Father sold it. To him it was a reminder of Mother. It is rightfully mine and I want it back," Lupin said, eyes narrowing , hands resting on his gun.” Before we go after my brooch, I want to stop at my house. We can do all our planning from there.”
Converting /tmp/phpotCQCP to /dev/stdout