Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Curse of Lighthouse Rock ❯ Snowmane Manor ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter TwoLupin slept most of the trip ,which ,in itself ,was odd. Usually he was wide awake but lately he seemed so worn out. It was night when the plane landed. Jigen shook his friend awake.
“Hey Lupin. Wake up we’re here,” he said, as the man woke up.
“Here? Oh! Oh, right,” Lupin closed his book checked his pockets for his lighter and cigarettes and stood.
As soon as they walked out, Fujiko, Goemon and Jigen froze. They weren’t in a huge city but a small village . At the bottom of the airport steps was a fancy white car. Lupin walked down the steps and opened on of the doors.
“Everybody in.”
His three confused friends climbed in while he spoke to the driver. Several hours latter they pulled up in front of a mansion. The driver opened the doors while they got their luggage .As soon as all the luggage was out the car vanished through a dark archway."Oh wow! This is your house!" Fujiko exclaimed ,dropping her luggage in the front hall of the mansion."Yep. The whole kit and caboodle. Welcome to Snowmane Manor," Lupin smiled, closing the door behind Jigen ,Goemon and himself."This house is amazing," Goemon said, his eyes wide."Yeah. How do you keep yourself from getting lost in this damn house?" Jigen asked."You don't. It keeps you from getting lost,” said the Frenchman with a queer glint in his eye.They turned towards him, but their friend was not looking at them. He was looking at a picture at the top of the stairs. He climbed the stairs and stop to look at it. Fujiko and the others followed him. It was a large portrait of a beautiful young woman with ink black hair and hazelnut eyes. She held a two-year-old boy on her lap."That's my mother and me. It was painted two-years before she died," Lupin said with a loving smile."She beautiful," Fujiko said,” You look just like her.""Thanks Fuji-cakes," Lupin smile widened.There were times when she was thankful for his beautiful, god-given smile. It was the reason she got up in the morning."What were you saying earlier. About the house keeping people from getting lost? "Goemon asked."This was my Mother's house. It’s built next to the old family cemetery. Every member of my mother’s family, including her, are buried there. It’s said that the members of my mother's family that have passed protect the heir, that would be me, and those closest to the heir, that would be you three, and Helen of course. Helen and I know our way around Snowmane, so we never get lost. You guys don't know your way around but Snowmane will help you out if you do get lost. And don't worry if the statues ,suits of armor, pictures and what not start moving. There her to help," Lupin replied, going up another set of stairs,” You out to watch your step. The house moves and you never know where you'll end up."Jigen light a cigarette ,before following his friend. Goemon and Fujiko hurried to catch up as Lupin opened a set of double doors. They followed. Fujiko jumped when the doors shut behind them. She looked at the room they were now in. It was a huge circular library. The floor was a mirror."Ahhh. My favorite room . The Mirror Library," the French thief said.A second set of double opened and an elderly woman entered."Helen!" Lupin opened his arms and the two old friends embraced."It is good to see you Master Lupin," Helen said as they pulled apart.Her accent was thick but she looked kind."Can you show my guests to their rooms. I have something to attend to,” He said."Yes sir,” She nodded.Then without another word, Lupin turned on heel and walked back through the doors they entered from. He was changing. Helen cleared her throat .She opened the other set of double doors saying :"Follow me please."

“Excuse me Helen, but where are all the other servants?” Fujiko asked.
“They have all gone to bed dear. You will met them in the morning,” the old woman answered.

When the guests were in their rooms Helen returned to her master’s side as he stood by the desk in the Diamond Study. Lupin suddenly erupted into a violent coughing fit. Helen helped him sit.
“Master, it’s getting worse. It is soon approaching,” she whispered.
“I know Helen. I know,” he said patting her hand.
Converting /tmp/php3v3DUG to /dev/stdout