Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Curse of Lighthouse Rock ❯ The Hiest ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter FourFujiko sat in the large Mirror Library, reading a French-English dictionary. If she could learn French she would be able to understand what people were saying. Fujiko didn't trust the house while Lupin wasn't there. She wished he was but he was out . She paused in reading for a moment remembering something Lupin had told her once.Houses are alive Fujiko. They whisper and sometimes ,late at night, you can here them groan as though their having bad dreams. Fujiko believed him. Snowmane moved at night and you could almost hear the house talking. She was scared for the life of someone dear to her. Silently she began to cry.Jigen stood outside the curator's office, listening to every word."Please Curator...that brooch is a family heirloom. Please ,you have give it back to me," Lupin begged.Jigen could hear tears ,real, honest to god tears, in his voice. It was awful to hear him upset. But then again this brooch was very important to him."I'm sorry Lupin. Your father said that your mother's will wanted us to have it-"the Curator began."That's wrong!! My mother's will said it was to come to me! Please you have to give it back to me," Lupin continued to beg ,tears beginning to fall.A hour later ,the partners where heading back to the house. Lupin was quiet, his hazelnut eyes brimmed with tears. Jigen looked at him and realized how young Lupin really looked. But he'd been through a lot. No matter what Jigen was going to help Lupin get his brooch back. The younger thief erupted into another coughing fit."Master Goemon sir! Wake up!"The samurai jumped as the old nurse shook him into wakefulness. It was almost eleven."What?" He asked"Master Lupin wants you in the Diamond Study," Helen said."Where's that?""The knights will guide you." That said she disappeared .Goemon frowned. He was not one who liked to be woken up in the middle of the night.
Once they were gathered in the study there was the second awkward silence since they arrived. Lupin was in deep thought and when he spoke his voice was like many ringing bells."I have a plan. It's not complicated but you might not understand it at first."Lupin's plan involved a lot of stealth and alit of daring. It would take a few hours to put the plan in order. The Gentleman Thief wanted to get the job done by 2 am.Lupin had maps of the lighthouse and the museum so it would be easy to find out how to get in.An hour later ,the getaway car was parked on a hill as the group went over the plan once more. Dressed in black ninja style outfits ,Lupin, Jigen, and Goemon were ready to go in. Suddenly ,Lupin erupted into an extremely violent coughing fit. He collapsed into the back seat.
“Hey Lupin, are you sure you want to do this?” Jigen asked, paling a little.
“I’ll be fine,” he said.
The three pulled their masks and headed out, leaving Fujiko with the car.

The black clad figure cut the glass around the brooch and then removed it. Slipping it into a small pouch, he used a portable radio to tell his partners he had it and to move out. He made his way back towards the window through which he had entered.
“Hold it right there!”
Oh no!! Zennigata!! The thief ran to the window and pressed a small button.

Fujiko froze as she watched two figures scale and watched a second story window blow out and a third figure fall back towards the ground.


````````````````````````````````````````````````````` ``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````` `````
please i'm begging you to review I crave feed back!! No flamers though!! I'm working hard on this!
Converting /tmp/phpmy58N4 to /dev/stdout