Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Lupin IV ❯ Vol. One/Chapter Two: Elf Dance ( Chapter 2 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Elf Dance
The beginning of the story…
Lupin, Jigen, and Goemon broke into the Celtic History Museum in Dublin, Ireland. Their objective?
For fifty years, many stared in awe at the Celtic Stone. This sucker had a high price tag to it. Too high. Cold snow white, the weight of a brick, over a thousand years old, coveted by all, under surveillance twenty-four/seven. Especially today.
After three years of renovation, the History Museum held its grand opening. Lupin and his crew hid among the waiting crowd. Jigen looked through the brochure.
“Third floor in the middle,” he said. “That's where the most security is.”
“Well boys,” Lupin said. “The best way is in plain view.” Six minutes until opening. The heist called for the classics. Blackout the whole building, cut the glass, grab the stone, and split before the lights came back on. Three more minutes.
At ten a.m., the History Museum officially opened its doors. Everyone walked in slow waves. Lupin, Jigen, and Goemon broke off and got to work.
Above 5,000 eyes awoke in the sky.
“We have found it.”
“We have found it.”
“We have found it.”
“Oh no! Someone wants to take it again!”
“What shall we do?”
“Steal it back and kill them!”
They all gasped. “My lord!”
“WE have no other choice!”
“Agreed.”
“Let us go!”
In a sea of wind, they were gone.
By noon, Lupin and the boys set their plan into motion. Jigen went into the basement and found the power box. A smirk invaded his face. The man already took out the cameras with his muzzled gun. Twenty-four in all. They could be easily fixed later in the control room. The n could afford it after all. Now to the main power box.
Jigen grinned as he pulled out his gun once more.
Bang! The lock broke like a cheap toy. It fell to the floor with a clank. Part one down. Jigen reached his fingers into the hole and pulled open the door.
Jackpot!
All of those brightly-colored wires. Jigen cocked his gun.
Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Pitch black swallowed the whole building. Panic set in like a wrecking ball. The security rushed to calm everyone done. Time to strike.
One swipe with the katana blade. Glass crashed to the hard floor. The three thieves met back up and left with the stone. Mission accomplished.
Easy, right?
They made it out the firs exit when a heavy of light fell upon them.
“What the hell?!?” Lupin yelled. A cold shock hit his body. The man looked up and saw a hoard of men in white descend before him.
“Hi fellows…” Lupin said with a nervous laugh at their angry faces. The leader, an old man with a wrinkled face and long white beard, stepped forward.
“Young man!” he boomed. His deep voice was strong enough to shake the earth beneath them.
“You have taken out greatest treasure! Now you shall die!” he yelled. The men in white raised their swords high above their heads.
“Huh?” Lupin asked as he blinked at them.
“No! Stop!” a woman cried.
Two for the Show