Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Lupin IV ❯ Vol. One/Chapter Three: Wedding Trap ( Chapter 3 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Wedding Trap
All eyes fell upon a butterfly-winged woman. The bright lights cascaded crystal-like colors upon everyone. Lupin only saw her perky buxom.
“Please stop!” the woman begged. The elves lowered their swords. The king gave her an odd look.
“And why should I?” he asked. The woman stepped forward.
“Because,” she said. The woman put her hand to her ample chest.
“I love this man!” she yelped. Everyone stared at her with jaws dropped. Lupin snickered to himself. His charm had seduced another maiden. His friends, on the other hand, didn’t look convinced. The woman’s father frowned.
“Love?!?” he roared. “Ridiculous!”
“But it’s true!” she wailed. “I love this man!” The elf king sneered.
“Impossible!” he said.
“It’s true!” the woman said. “I love this man!” She ran all the way to Lupin and his crew. She threw her arms around the gentleman thief.
“I love him, Daddy!” she cried. “Please spare them!” Her father frowned.
“No!” he snapped. Lupin took the young woman by the hands. Her cheeks turned a fiery pink.
“It’s true,” the playboy thief said. “She is in love with me.” The woman nodded. Jigen and Goemon watched their leader, expecting a plan. Yet, something felt like a car wreck coming their way. They couldn’t quite understand at the time. The leader still frowned. Four of the elders with him leaned in and whispered to him. The three captives tried to listen in.
“What did he say?” Jigen whispered. Goemon held up his hand to stop him. The savior, on the other hand, heard everything without any problems. Lupin eyed her.
“Well?” he whispered.
“Shhh,” she said. Her father and the four elders returned their attention to the princess and captives. The king rose to his feet.
“It has been decided!” he declared. “We shall spare your lives. But, you will bring back four wedding gifts in return.” Lupin looked confused.
“Wedding?” he asked.
“Why yes,” the Elf King said.
“Uh… whose?” the thief asked. The Elf King gave him a twisted grin.
“You and my daughter, Lyla’s!” he announced. Lupin’s face dropped at the sound of that name. He felt as if this had happened before and the circle had started up again. Too bad he couldn’t see it right in that moment.
Lyla smiled at the news. She would have him once again.
Three to Get Ready