Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Lupin IV ❯ Vol. One/Chapter Four: Happy When it Rains ( Chapter 4 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]
Happy When it Rains
Now, Lupin’s got a problem. A problem in two parts, no less.
Let us back up.
Lyla sat beside Lupin at the table during the feast. His friends put up the act for the time being. Goemon glanced at him.
“When do we leave?” his eyes asked.
“Soon,” Lupin’s eyes replied. “Hang in there.” He texted for back-up moments before. Lyla poured him more honey wine.
“Isn’t they great, sweetie?” she asked. Lupin put on a fake smile and nodded.
“Of course,” he said. “Really great.” She cuddled up close to him. At least she was cute. Usually, he would not worry about what would happen if Fujiko caught him with another woman. However, this time, Lupin had a small uneasy feeling in his gut that didn’t register yet.
“What’s wrong?” the bride-to-be asked. Lupin glanced down at the elfin princess. Those violet eyes of hers seemed to look through his soul. Lupin shook his head.
“Nothing,” he lied. Lyla only eyed him.
“You don’t look okay,” she said. The princess rose to her feet.
“Here,” she said. “I’ll get you a cool towel.”
“Oh no, that’s okay,” the thief lied. “I don’t need it.”
“No,” Lyla replied. “I want to!” She left before Lupin could object again. He didn’t know whether to worry or be slightly impressed.
Lyla strolled down the empty hallway. She hummed a happy tune from her childhood. She could smell exotic perfumes from her bridal chamber. Lyla couldn’t help but to smile. She counted down to tomorrow evening. Even her dress was ready in her room.
Lyla paused as her ears caught a low snicker. She turned and looked around. Her attention focused on a single maid entering the hall. The princess eyes her in suspicion.
“Who’s there?” she shouted. The maid turned to her, smiling.
“Oh how cute,” she said. “A bride happy about her wedding.” Lyla moved her hands to attack.
“Who are you?!?” she hissed. “How did you get past our guards?!?” The maid smirked and threw her hood back. Fujiko’s hair flowed in the breeze.
“You’re not an elf!” the princess barked. The lady thief shook her head.
“No,” she said.
“Then, who the hell are you?!?” Lyla barked. Fujiko chuckled as she stepped forward.
“I’m here to take back me boyfriend,” she replied. The elf raised an eyebrow at her.
“May I ask who?” she asked. Fujiko narrowed her eyes at her.
“Lupin,” she replied. The fire burned in Lyla’s eyes.
“You will not have him!” she snapped.
“Says who?” the lady thief asked.
“Me!” A heated white light formed in her hands. “You will not have him!”
“You bet your ass I will!”
“You’ll have to get through me first, bitch!”
Fujiko enjoyed how the princess looked so ugly I with her anger out in a flare. The air between them ripped open the thin curtains of war between the two saucy women.
Meanwhile, Lupin looked down towards the hall as he waited for his bride to return.
Four Years of War