Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Lupin IV ❯ Vol. Two/Chapter Five: Elf War ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Elf War

Not all elves are pure. Yes, some are evil and truly evil. In fact, they are plotting now. Their king rose to his feet.

“My people!” he shouted. “It's been far too long!”

“Yeah!” his kingdom shouted. Their roars filled the night. A feast broke out among the masses. Wine flooded through their cups like the ocean. Musicians played battle hymns in the court. The ladies accompanied the soldiers at the table.

“More grapes!” the captain shouted. The wenches served him fresh dark fruits. His laughter got lost in the loud music. The queen sat next to her husband. She leaned in close to his ear rather uneasy.

“Are you sure this is okay?” she whispered. Her husband waved her off.

“Of course it is,” he insisted. “This may be the last time we celebrate.” He saw the worried look in her eyes.

“For a while,” he added. “We will celebrate again after the war.” His wife still felt uneasy.

“Why must we fight?” she asked. The king gave her a strange look.

“Why?” he asked.

“Yes,” she said. He rested his hand on hers.

“Have you forgotten our history?”

“Well, no…”

“And you know why this must be done, right?”

“Yes, but…?”

Her husband gave her an odd look. “But?”

The queen felt her stomach turn as she struggled with her words. “It's just… is this the only way we can do this?”

He pressed his forehead against hers. “We have no choice in this matter.” The queen lowered her head. Her words failed to reach him once again. She didn't know what else to do. It would take a charming thief to finally bring sense to her beloved husband. Right now, the royal couple turned their attention back to the feast in front of them. By morning, the soldiers will head out to begin their first battle.

In the crowd, a light elf finished his report on everything that he witnessed. He drew out two pins and stuck them into the ground. They gave off a soft hum as they vanished. The light elf kept his head low.

I just need to stay hidden until they move in the morning, he thought. Further down the table, a female dark elf watched him. She smirked at his handy work.

It's him, she thought. I will be the one to crush him. He would be her prey alone. The dark elf would see to it herself. For now, they all drink, woo, and party.

Morning reached the Light Kingdom hours later.

War Begins