Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Lupin IV ❯ Vol. Two/Chapter Six: Princess of Dreams ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Princess of Dreams

Off in her room, Lyla daydreamed about her wedding. She didn't care about war. The princess was in love—again.

This time, she really was getting married. Her friends couldn't believe it.

“Are you really going to go through with this, my lady?” one of her handmaidens asked. Lyla giggled. She wanted a lavish wedding. How could her dad say no? The princess was his world. Even though this time…

Lyla looked up when there was a knock on her bedroom door.

“Enter!” she said. She looked in the mirror as the door opened. A petite maid poked her head inside.

“Miss?” she asked. Lyla raised her eyebrow.

“What is it, Effy?” she asked. The maid slipped into the room.

“Your father is here to see you,” she said. Lyla rolled her eyes.

“Right now?” she asked. The maid lowered her head.

“Yes, my lady,” she said. Lyla sighed and forced herself to smile.

“Send him in,” she said. Effy bowed her head.

“Yes, my lady,” she said. She slipped out of the room. She slipped out of the room. Lyla breathed out again. She saw what was coming next. How many times have they done this?

“I'm not in the mood,” Lyla said to her reflection in the mirror.

“You're not?” a man's voice asked. The princess turned her head. Her father stood in the doorway.

“Daddy!” she said. The king didn't look too happy. Lyla prepared for what was coming next.

“No, I am not changing my mind!” she said. The king closed the door behind him.

“I understand,” he said. Lyla looked confused.

“Huh?” she asked. Her father reached into his cloak.

“Here,” he said. The princess looked to see a black diamond ring in his palm. Her mouth hung open.

“Daddy…” she said.

“Please,” her father said. “Take this. It will protect you.”

“But this was Mama's ring,” Lyla said.

“I know,” he said. She looked into his desperate eyes. He was serious.

“O-Okay,” Lyla said. She took the ring in her hand.

“What's wrong? Did something happen?” the princess asked. Her father looked away. He muttered something under his breath.

“What?” Lyla asked. He looked up at her.

“War is coming,” her father said with a trembling voice. He bowed his head.

“Please, be careful,” his father said. He turned and walked out of her room. Lyla's mood was ruined. She looked down at the ring in her hand. The black diamond caught the light from the chandelier. Memories from her childhood danced in her head. Her mother never used her ring unless it was in a dire situation. Lyla knew that her father wasn't telling her anything. She cursed herself under her breath.

“Damn it, daddy,” Lyla said. “I'm a not child anymore! Just tell me the truth!” The princess gritted her teeth. She might have cared about war, but she would be damned if it was going to ruin her wedding! No. Lyla was going to have to fix things before walking down the aisle.

Although, it might not be so easy…

Angry War Bride Princess