Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Lupin IV ❯ Vol. Two/Chapter Seven: War Room ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

War Room

In the South, the wheels of war started to turn. The king was bored and wanted something to do. (Isn't that how these things go?) His wife tried to talk him out of it. Today was no different.

“No dear,” the queen said, sighing. The king looked at her and pouted.

“Aw, why not?” he asked. His wife rubbed her forehead.

“You just can't go to war on a whim,” she said.

“But why not?” the king asked.

“We've been over this a hundred times,” she said. The king frowned.

“But I'm so bored!” he complained. His wife sighed and rolled her eyes. She needed to fix this before things got out of hand.

Looked like she had her work cut out for her. The king wasn't the only one itching for a war. The generals were bored too.

“What's the point of an army if we don't use it?” a young general asked. His mentor patted him on the shoulder.

“We protect the land,” he said. The younger general frowned at him.

“Seriously?” he asked. His mentor raised his eyebrow.

“We're in a time of peace,” he said.

“Pease? Lame!” the younger general said. He walked back to the barracks. His mentor was worried. This wouldn't end well, would it?

No, it wouldn't.

---------

It just takes a few people to fuck things up. Couple that with boredom and things get worse. First, there was the king. Then came a young, hotshot general. If these two got together, the kingdom would be in trouble. The mentor knocked on the queen's door.

“Enter,” she said. The older general slid open the door.

“Can I come in?” he whispered. The queen bowed her head. The general lifted his chin.

“So what now?” he asked. The queen sat up straight.

“I will think of something,” she said.

“Yes, my queen,” the mentor general said. “Anything else?” The queen shook her head.

“No,” she said. “That is all. You are dismissed.”

“Yes, my queen,” the mentor general said. He bowed and walked out of her chambers. The queen rubbed her forehead.

“I need a drink,” she said. It will only get worse.

---------

So we have a war-hungry king and a queen at her wit's end. Is there anyone else? Well… Ah, yes. There is her. This kingdom also has a princess. What is she like? You are going to have to see. For now, it's a fucking mess.

Kingdom at War