Lupin III Fan Fiction ❯ Lupin IV ❯ Vol. Two/Chapter Eight: Dark Princess in Love ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Dark Princess in Love

The princess is in love. She's been let down before. She even swore off love. But then she saw Lupin.

Let me back up a bit.

Her name is Francesca. She's the only daughter of the dark king and queen elf. They love her dearly. Maybe too much. They spoiled her rotten. At least her father did. Her mother tries to reign her in. Still, they wanted Francesca to be happy.

Lately, that wasn't happening. You see, she was engaged to marry last year. Francesca thought she was in love. He came from another kingdom. This prince was the ideal prince. Handsome, great with combat, smart, and strong. Francesca couldn't believe how lucky she got. He swept her off her feet. Sure, they were hoping to marry.

Oh, the poor dear.

The prince was a playboy. Always flirting with other women. Plus, he couldn't keep it in his pants. Still, Francesca was in love. She was going to marry him.

Oh boy…

It was a month before the wedding. Planning had gotten underway. Everything was going well. But then came the rehearsal dinner. Francesca tried to smile but it was getting to her.

She knew how the prince was. He's been distant lately. They used to be close. But lately…

Francesca wanted to be wrong. She hoped she was. But she knew.

The princess would have to catch him in the act.

The dinner went on as if nothing was happening. Francesca side-eyed the prince. She used a spell to smoke out the other woman. The princess stood up, raising her glass.

“I propose a toast,” she said. Everyone looked up.

“To my love!” Francesca said.

“Cheers!” everyone said. The princess watched as she took a drink.

“Yuck!” her best friend shouted. She jumped to her feet. The prince spat out his drink and gagged. Francesca's heart sank.

“You!” she shouted. Her former best friend and the prince stared at her. Needless to say, there was no wedding.

----------

Now, the princess is in love again. He's a human and a thief. Bad combination for her parents. If there wasn't a pending war, they would've put an end to her crush. But that didn't turn out that way, now did it? There was just one problem. Well, two. Fujiko and Lyla. It looked like there was another war brewing. A love war.

Now that we have all of the main players, it's time to really begin the story.

Love War