Macross Fan Fiction ❯ Robotech: Beneath a steel sky ❯ Chapter 8 - Conferance of Defence ( Chapter 8 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

---- Chapter 8 ---- The Conference of Defense
 
Veritech Launching Bay 9 of the SDF-1.
 
Although more chaotic and filled with even more technician teams, medics and Veritech hardware, the halls of the launching area was a lot more active than the first one the rookies were at. Many of the Valkyries that returned from the battle were in such a bad shape that they wondered how such a thing could still fly. There was also an unforgettable burnt smell throughout the area thanks to an emergency fire due to a Valkyrie that suffered an inflammable fluid leakage. Standing in front of Major Bronco and Lt. Commander Vikksdottir, the rookies stood in a half circle in front of their commanders just like in the first meeting. Some of the men and women from the first meeting were missing, either shot down or killed in action. Exhaustion was practically written over the faces of the rookies as they stood at their places, all having their helmets held against their hips.
 
“Alright, ladies and gentlemen”, Bronco said, beginning his speech, “Glad to see most of you back from the fighting. We won't have much time, but I'd like to inform you about a few changes. The Admiral is proud of your capabilities although many of you are novice pilots who entered real combat for the first time. Due to this fact, the Admiral has decided to form a new division under the lead of Lt. Commander Vikksdottir and I. All enlistment squadrons of the women will be integrated with ours and will form the division - Additionally, we will receive a row of special Valkyries unlike the standard VF-1As - All of you have already met the `Valley-Cat'. Commander?”
Vikksdottir took word, “I am pleased to announce that all of you are now part of the `Marauder Gauntlets'. - and to add to that, a few of you will be promoted.”
 
Many made astonished faces as they listened to their commanders.
“Airman 1st Class Niel `Rixler' Madison? Take one step out of the row”, Bronco called out.
Doing as he said, Rixler made one step ahead, “Yes sir”
“Jenna `Genesis' Callahan?”, Vikksdottir also called out.
She did the same as Rixler, wondering what was coming.
 
“I am proud to announce that both of you have proven yourselves as young Veritech pilots who have the will of leadership and now are promoted to E-9 `Chief Master Sergeant'”, the Major announced - and just as he said it, both Rixler and Genesis were congratulated by their squadmates, “You both are now second-in-command of the enlisted pilots and co-pilots in this group. I, myself, have to go through the lists of available officers, who will only consist of ranks O-1 through O-3, before I can assign flight commanders to your group. Until then, you will be in charge.”
“Yes, and thus”, Vikksdottir continued, “all of you will receive `Adept Aviation Wings' for the success of your mission. Major Bronco will stay here since the Admiral ordered it. As for my part of the command, I will be responsible for the training of those enlisted ranks who have not been in combat yet.”
Rooks clapped his hands when he heard the words that sounded like music in ears and cheered, “Alright! We've gotta celebrate this!”
 
But then, Bronco rose his hand shortly, showing all of them to calm down, “Sorry, everybody - but I'm afraid there won't be any time for celebration…”
“What?”, Rooks said, assuming they would be able to take a break.
“The `Marauder Gauntlets' division is ordered to relocate themselves to the `Majestica' Destroyer.”
“But sir - you've gotta be kiddin' …”, another pilot said.
 
“Sorry, but you all will be transferred there. The situation we've got onboard the SDF-1 is a lot more critical than expected. Many of the bays like these were taken over and we have no idea about the status of the bay 15 ”, Bronco explained further, “The `Majestica' offers more capabilities in launching massive amounts of units into space within a short time. Those Valkyries that require repairs will be taken onboard the carriers aircrafts stationed over there”, and pointed down the lanes towards a very large ship that had enough space to store several Destroid, “The technicians will check your Valkyries up and patch them if they have any issues, full repairs will be done on the destroyer. You all may rest there on that ship and the `Majestica', but for now I want all of you to get your `Valley-Cats' to those carriers - and remember to get oxygen masks from the advisors, air is a bit tight there on the `Majestica'. Understood?”
 
Everybody nodded and saluted. Both Bronco and Vikksdottir saluted back.
 
“Don't be afraid about the future”, the Major added before he and the Lt. Commander left the group, “You all will make it. `Marauder Gauntlets', dismissed…”
“Hey Rooks - Those guys over there are stealing your `trophy”, Sqype said to Rooks, who then spotted the group of scientists and other men and women with jackets from the `RDF Research Dept.'. Indeed, the torn armored arm of the gigantic hulk-creature they fought against was placed upon a type of truck in order to be transported away.
“That thing you took with you was a good idea, Rooks”, Vikksdottir said, before she left them, “The `Research Dept' will perhaps find ways to penetrate such thick armors…”
 
Though angry, he was sure there was nothing he could say against that…Instead, he watched as the vehicle drove ahead to the main access lifts of the bay, taking his loot with them.
“There goes my trophy”, he complained…
 
----
 
Somewhere in the “Prelodae District” ... District Hospital...
 
The hallways were active once again ever since the four-legged beast has been defeated. Doctors, nurses and other civilians took care of patients as they moved along the corridors. The victory of the men and women who volunteered was short, since the critical patients needed to be supported by main power immediately - but nonetheless, they were thanked for saving many lives. Their bravery shall never be forgotten. As minutes passed by, Mick started to hear again as he walked back down with other policemen and volunteers to the cafeteria. Hearing steps of a person running down the stairs from behind, Mick turned around and saw one of the volunteers waving at him, bringing his SMG back to him and thanked him for rescuing him from the "dog-like" creature.
 
Shaking hands, the man said, "Hey - Great job, Rookie, looks like we and many others will manage to survive after all". Lifting his hand, the 2nd policeman added, "You and the other volunteers can head back to cafeteria. I think us policemen can take care of the rest here."
"No problem", Mick replied and smiled back," - just glad that thing is dead... I was not thinking of getting a dog as a pet, anyway..."
The group chuckled a bit.
"Well guys, I've gotta go - Won't be staying at the cafeteria, though. My co-pilot was sent here after a flight sortie, but I need her now so we can get to our flight group", he added.
"That's ok. Here, take these keys", the leader of group said, "If those things haven't screwed the vehicles outside, you could take one of gas-powered jeeps. The key has a universal function, so it'll fit with any one of them. Don't think you should have any trouble driving them", He tossed the keys towards Mick, "We're gonna be busy here. But thanks again for helping out and good luck."
 
The young pilot was glad about getting the keys. Looking at his side, he spotted the SMG that the policeman handed out. Wanting to give it back, Mick pulled it out and wanted to hand over to the leading policeman, but instead, the uniformed man refused to take it. "You better keep that", the policeman replied, "- I know I shouldn't be handing out equipment like this like an arms-dealer, but the world out there ain't safe anymore. Dunno if it's a good idea to be running around out there, but there are more things out there that I've seen that are far more dangerous than the 'thing' you killed here - We, we tried to stop those things but - ". The policeman shook his head and lowered his face, "We, we were outnumbered, but those - those bugs...", he continued with a sorrowed voice. A few of them helped him, trying to cheer him up, "but listen, I know you need to get out of here - You better watch your back, understand?", the man added. It was paradox to see a person with such leadership and strength be so demoralized. Mick's face went slightly serious. His words sounded very alarming, yet he only wanted to warn Mick not to walk incautiously. "I'll keep that in mind - Well, see you guys around", Mick said and wove his hand and saluted at them, "Take care, guys."
 
 
Mick left from the group and went down the stairs. A group of doctors came up the stairs as Mick walked downwards. They fought carrying a patient up the stairs since the elevators were vastly occupied. Anxious to see FoxyRoxy again, he walked as fast as he could. It did not take long until he reached the cafeteria area. Another few men and women shook hands with him as they recognized him as the “hero in the space suit” who conquered the beast - which only made him even more nervous. Walking to the spot where FoxyRoxy could be found, he spotted her on her bed, just finished putting on her HEC suit. At the moment Mick reached her bed, she made a happy face when she noticed Mick was behind her - She must have felt his presence.
 
"Mick! You're still alive! Thank goodness", she said with joy. She turned around, got up and ran to him. Although she felt a little dizzy from the medical substances she received, she hugged him. Tears filled her eyes again... "I can't believe you are here... You held your promise...", she said softly... "I can't believe you made it!"
 
Having her in his hands, he said, "You know... There was only one person I was thinking about, before that beast was about to shred me into pieces...", he hugged her very tightly - just for a short moment, and then opened his arms again, "Listen, we better get out of here now... to the launching deck..."
"I am still not in good shape. The medics said I could leave the bed, but I walking could take a while...", she replied and looked down to the floor, "They gave me a row of shots and infusions, which should help me to recover a little faster, but the side-effect is that my balance-sense would be kinda 'drunk...' - It's like learning to walk when I was a baby and - Whoops!", Mick went down to his knees a little and threw his right arm behind her knees and picked her up, like holding a bride.
"Heh, no problem Roxy!"
Saying good-bye to everybody who thanked him once again, Mick carried her through the halls and outside of the hospital. The bloody corpses were still lying around. FoxyRoxy could not bear to look at them at all - She was too disgusted and further more frightened. Many things were a bit different as Mick walked out, but he did not react to them really.
 
"I know how you feel...", Mick said. He forced his face to look away from them as well as they passed by. "Why are they attacking us...", FoxyRoxy asked herself in a soft voice.
"I don't know...", he said back to her, "but what I know is that the Zen's want the SDF-1... and maybe these things want it, too". They arrived at a jeep, which seemed to still be intact - Mick slowly laid her inside.
"That medical stuff surely is strong...", she said as she felt short dizziness again.
"Don't worry, just try to stay awake...", the young pilot said back to her and stuck in the keys, starting the motor, “Hmm, I just hope I still know how to drive...", he added and pushed the gas pedal slowly with his foot. The area around them seemed quiet, but he kept scanning the area with his eyes. It only took Mick a few seconds before he managed to drive the jeep steadily as they drove towards the direction of the Veritech Barracks.
 
-----
 
Bridge Command, rear section…
 
Bridge Commander Claudia Grant received green signals that the last few flight squadrons commanded for returning have finished docking. "Admiral Gloval, receiving message", she said, "All requested replacement squadrons and divisions have been deployed. The `Majestica' has signaled that they and ARMD-Seven and Eight are holding their positions above us as well."
 
“Good news, Admiral”, Sammie reported, “Communication array has been re-established and is about to rebuild all the communication network between the fleet and the SDF-1.”
As she said this, Vanessa, Claudia and Lisa began to see symbols and lines showing that their systems were regaining control.
“Fleet Command station back online, Admiral”, Lisa added.
“Secondary communication network, online - Direct communication line established to the ARMD carriers”, Claudia also reported.
“Communication array is allowing my sensor screen to display our units once again, too - Admiral”
 
Gloval lifted his head... "It was strange enough that the creature called back it's... units...", he said with a deep voice, "It looks like they have noticed that they were in disadvantage after the `Majestica' managed to get into position."
"Yes sir", Vanessa confirmed, "They immediately retreated right after it showed up..."
"Maybe they underestimated the situation...", Lisa proposed.
"I think this is a chance of having a break...", Gloval replied loudly to all, "I am ordering all of you 'off-duty' for a while".
 
Every bridge operative turned themselves towards the Admiral, surprised about his sudden order. Simultaneously, the three SDF-1 operatives behind Gloval said, "What?", in a surprised accord.
"Sir?", Claudia asked...
"Excuse me, sir? Off-duty?", Lisa asked, too, who was surprised from his order as the others were.
The Admiral leaned into his seat and smoke his pipe as few times, then said, "... Yes, you have all understood me correctly, ladies... Your shifts have been exceeded and I think it would be good that you all should take a break. Besides, in a few hours, I want to see all commanding officers in the main conferance room. We need to discuss about the new enemy and what we can do about it.... but that is not important right now. Please, recover as well as possible. I want all of you to rest. I will be needing you fresh and ready when the enemy wants to attack again. Substitute operatives will take care of your stations in the meantime."
 
"Understood, sir."
Lisa Hayes, Claudia Grant and the three operatives exited the rear Bridge Command through the access door and walked all together through the corridors past security guards and other officers and operatives into one of the large service elevator.
 
- Elevator, riding down -
The five women stood alone in the elevator. They stood for a few seconds silently, listening to the elevator make it's way down. A computer sound kept beeping as they passed the many decks of the command section ... Lisa opened her uniform slightly, leaned against the wall of the elevator and slid downwards until she sat on the floor ground...
"Maybe that ordered break wasn't such a bad idea after all...", she said and sighed. They were exhausted indeed. Claudia also leaned against another wall and crossed her arms, "I still can't believe what is going on..."
"Yeah...", Vanessa added nervously, "Now that you say it - That thing is terrifying... I hope we will survive..."
“Did you see how our units fought against those creatures?”, Lisa asked as she looked up at them, “It was pretty heavy”
"Now now, ladies. Calm down. Our troops just made it to get those thing to retreat", Claudia said as she tried to bring in some optimism into the group.
"Well, I am glad that the Veritech pilots managed to defend the deck", Vanessa said... and thought about a certain person...
 
When Vanessa said "Veritech Pilot", Rick Hunter suddenly showed up in Lisa's mind...
"Oh Chris... I hope he's ok", she said and looked into the corner of the elevator, having a terrible feeling in her, hoping he was alright. Vanessa lifted her head slightly when she heard his name.
"Sammie...", Claudia asked.
"Yes, Claudia?".
"You still haven't told him how much you love him yet... Have you?"
 
The young officer blushed just when she mentioned, "I do love him... but I never had the chance to tell him..."
The others looked at her. Vanessa turned away silently. Her hand formed into a fist slightly as Sammie spoke. Something made her soul burn within, but nobody really noticed her short absent mind. She took off her glasses and rubbed her forehead.
"What? Was it something I said?", Sammie said, looking around with a slight fear, however not noticing Vanessa's silent anger. Kim leaned her shoulder against the wall and said, "Sammie - dearest -, this is really a bad time NOT to tell him what you feel for him!"
 
"She's right, Sam", Claudia said, "You must tell him about your feelings! Now I know why sometimes you were daydreaming while we were still on duty... especially after the `Spector Rangers' squadron lifted off." As they spoke, a n face showed up in Lisa's mind... "...Riber..."
 
Sammie felt overwhelmed. "I... I was just not ready to tell him... He was so busy... Always ready for the next day... He has no idea what I really feel for him, I don't even know how I should tell him...", and spoke further.
The young sensor officer behind them still had her back towards the group as she head the conversation of Sammie's love. Vanessa indeed did show some type of jealousy as she heard the words of Sammie leaving her mouth. Having her arms crossed, something was truly affecting her temper - Nobody really noticed her absent mind.
Ignoring the conversation behind her for the moment, her mind went empty - Imagining herself with Chris, she felt him close towards her body, kissing each other with such passion. His presence stood right before her... Slowly getting closer to her, Vanessa unstrapped the sides of her uniform at the same moment as his hand touched the side of her shoulder and slid under her clothes, right upon her soft skin. His other hand slid under the other side of her uniform and fell towards the ground...
She could imagine her hand drift smoothly upon his skin as they held each other - She felt every single movement... Her desire for his love disappeared at the same moment Sammie repeated, "...I love Chris..."
The whole imagination disappeared... just like that...
 
Claudia moved closer to her and lifted her head.
"Remember, Veritech pilot are always ready to fly... and they are always ready to die for the safety of the SDF-1 and the people aboard. Roy told me once of a fear of every pilot. He said, that before launching there is a fear they get about not coming back, but they always feel better when they get back - knowing that they're going to have to launch again the next day."
 
Lisa wondered if Rick has this fear...
Sammie took a step back, "It's hard to talk to him... He lost many comrades during battles against the Zentraedi. He wonders why he keeps surviving... He is very alone... shy..."; she started to smile a little", quiet... charming... - He's always thinking about his fallen friends..."
Once again, it was like as if something stabbed through Vanessa's soul.
 
"Listen, Sammie", Claudia. "Listen carefully. I'm lucky to have Roy. If he didn't have me nor Rick Hunter, he would be just the same suicidal pilot like Chris."
"Isn't Roy still a suicidal pilot now? Why is Chris so suicidal?"
 
"Why Roy is such a suicide? I don't know - He's been a hotshot like this ever since I met him", Claudia said back to her, smiling, "Roy has always been a hothead... Probably the reason why he's still alive.
"But I think I know why Chris is...", Lisa's voice said from below, "As far as I know, he has got nobody. He lost his family during the bombardment of Macross Island from the Zentraedi, lost his brother after the misfold to Pluto and is constantly loosing the people in battles".
 
Sammie felt shocked when she heard that they were killed...
"He... lost them? He never told me...", she said sadly...
 
"Now I get it...", Kim said, sounding as if she understood what they were trying to say, "Sammie, how would you feel like, if you would keep loosing the people you love? It's like trying to hold water in your hands...?"
"He tries to save and protect all the lives he can... but he never manages to rescue all...", Lisa added...
 
Claudia also spoke up:
"He's starting to fly suicidal, because he got NOTHING to lose - His life has actually no meaning to him. You see what we mean? He thinks he can't protect their lives. He has nobody. All his loved-ones are either dead... or he doesn't know about them... and you belong to those he doesn't know about."
 
Their words started to give some clearness in Sammie's mind... "Oh my dear... I should have known he was in this misery... I must see him..."
"Go get him, Sammie", Claudia said in a cheerful voice, "Show him what you feel about him. Show him that you will never stop believing in him!"
 
The elevator reached the floor to the Main Terminal Deck.
"I must find him, but I don't know where he is...", she replied back, sounding rather lost...
 
"I commanded his squadron just a while ago", Lisa said. "He docked at...", she thought back shortly, the remembers, "- at Veritech Deck four C, which means he should be in the Veritech barracks now, 'Diamond Back' District."
Sammie seemed light heartened, happy to hear that he was fine.
"Don't worry, sweetheart", Claudia said, "I'll bring you there in no time. Just hop onto my jeep over there."
 
Before they exited the elevator, Sammie turned around, looking at Lisa, Kim and an absent-minded Vanessa Leeds... Their advise gave her hope... "I thank you all..."
 
The others smiled to her.
Claudia got into the jeep and started the motor.
 
"No problem, sweetheart - but let's first find this guy, before he gets on any stupid ideas"
 
Sammie quickly climbed into the jeep's seat next to Claudia and snapped on her seatbelt.
"Hold on!" Claudia stepped on the pedal, driving nearly at full spee - Soldiers and other RDF men quickly jumped from the street as they saw the jeep racing by.
"Sorry!!!", Claudia shouted back, "- But this is an emergency!"
 
The other women in bridge uniforms looked as Claudia and Sammie drove away...
"Gee, Lisa...", Kim said, "Has Claudia always been like this?"
Lisa looked up to her... then smiled...
 
As Lisa Hayes turned around, she spotted Vanessa without her glasses upon her face. Looking down to her left hand, she spotted them... crushed with her hand. The sharp edges of the glass drew a line of blood streaming slowly down her hand, dripping onto the floor...
"Va- Vanessa, your hand...", she said surprised and lifted it up, "You're bleeding - Are you al- ?". Vanessa suddenly pulled away her hand and walked passed Lisa and Kim in a somewhat hostile manor of not wanting to speak to them.
 
"I'm fine..."
 
----
 
A sign of hope? Lindsay was not sure… as the view of the garbled mix of signals slowly started to re-align them to a clear picture. Thousands of voices could be heard but she had no chance in telling what was going on… Floating in the puzzle of information, she remained still as the images slowly were forming themselves
 
----
 
 
"Diamond Back" District - Veritech barracks IX, an hour and a few minutes later...
Chris was in his quarters, recovering and thinking about the recent battle. The room lights were dimmed strongly as he stared towards the ceiling. He was, in fact, thinking about the losses his squadron suffered. His new enemy was more dangerous than the Zentraedi themselves. Sitting on his bed, his thoughts wandered as he had both hands covering his face:
 
"I can't believe it... another loss of 12 men... I can't believe it... I provided them as much cover as possible... but there were just too many over those things... there were just too many...
I can't take it any more... I've seen so many people... their voices... I can't get out of my head... I can hardly sleep", he said quietly towards himself and looks towards a table with with a few cartridges of pills, "... the pills aren't working either..."
 
Chris was confused, he just didn't know what to do - until he saw his gun, inside a holster-belt next to his HEC suit, which was hanging in an open locker. Something went through his mind... It just hung there - for nothing... He got up, looking at the gun.
 
""""I must put an end to this """, he thought as a sweat pearl ran down the side of his face, """Too many have fallen... I can't live on like this...""", je took out the gun out of the holster and one magazine clip.
"""... It just can't go on like this...""" He sat back down on his bed, pushed the clip into the gun and pulled the top part of it until it did *click*.
"""...I...""" , the drop of sweat fell from his head to the floor, """...I must put an end to all of this...""" and started to pull the trigger slowly.
 
But just before his gun did the legendary "click", he suddenly heard someone knocking on the door...
A familiar female voice spoke from behind the door - "Chris! Are you there *knocks again* Chris! If you're there, please open up, I must tell you something..."
"...If I were only faster...", he said...
 
He pulled the gun away from the side of his head, laid it on top of the table and went over towards the door and opened it. "Yes...", he said - then his eyes opened wide - "Sammie? You? Here?"
At first, Sammie was quiet, then she tears to show up in her eyes - smiled, showing her teeth, then hugged him so tight that he felt a slight pain in his back...
"Oh Chris... I'm so glad to see you... I must tell you something... I heard about your sad story... loosing your family... and... I don't want to speak further... but I just want to say ...that... that I love you..."
 
Chris did not understand what she meant at first -"""How could she have known""", he asked himself.... Sammie's blue eyes were piercing through his mind, he felt paralyzed.
"... Yes, I've lost many and ... You WHAT...?" Chris was interrupted as Sammie kisses him against his lips.
The kiss was long and sweet. Chris had no control over his thoughts anymore. Sammie could not stop, her feelings were out of control as well. Both went into Chris' quarters, shutting the door behind them, still kissing each other. Both fell on top of the bed, they just could not stop. Chris could feel her passion as seconds passed by. She took off her uniform. He felt her soft skin, then he stopped, while having her laying on him, and looked deeply into her eyes.
 
I couldn't dare to loose you, Chris… I have lost my family after the first Zentraedi attack…”, she said with a low voice. He could not believe what she was saying, furthermore that her family was killed just like his. “I cannot loose you - I love you - We share the same fate…
 
She was right… "I... I...", he said - He was so overwhelmed that he could not finish his sentence.
"Shh... shh..." Sammie whispered towards him as she laid her finger over his mouth, "Don't talk, my lonesome angel... I love you, too. You are not alone anymore", and kissed him further...", she said in a soft voice...
Her warm body made him felt a lot better. Their souls became one.
 
-----
 
Somewhere, deep inside the Bridge Citadel…
Walking through the halls of a certain area, a man in a highly decorated dark blue uniform is on his way to an important conference. On his way there, many operatives, officers and other officials saluted nervously as he slowly walked past them. The area, though not really loud, still had many uniformed people taking care of their own things, even engineering crewmen checking circuits - until they saw the old man about to walk past them and immediately raised themselves, clumsily bumping their heads against the opened panels as they saluted. The broad shoulders with golden `sun' and several colored stripes, the dark blue und red colors of the uniform and the collection of badges and medals gave such majestic impression that this person could only be Admiral Henry J. Gloval, the Supreme Commander of the SDF-1.
Many steps could be heard as other people walked past the entrance to the main conference room, but only the certain taps of each step made the two guards notice the arrival of the Admiral. Saluting immediately and at the same time, both guards greeted the Admiral who also gave a salute in return as the doors opened automatically. Entering the room, he observed it once again as he walked past the authorities. The room itself was large and had many consoles and displays for presenting anything.
There were many highly ranked men and one woman in a white-blue uniform, sitting across from each other upon a wide “U” table, with enough space for anybody to present anything. Along the walls and ceiling were portable holo-screens and other displays and a few operatives holding pages and other things ready. Noticing the Admiral, all officers who sat and were having conversations immediately interrupted them, raised themselves and saluted shortly as Admiral Gloval made his way to the table at the center-bow of the “U”. A large RDF symbol with two flags of the UEG and the collective symbol of the organizations serving with the RDF stood behind his table.
“Welcome, Admiral Gloval”, one of the female operatives greeted him.
 
Thanking her, the Admiral stood behind his chair and took a look from the left to the right. He was proud to see all the faces he called for. The Admiral spotted Field Commander Roy Fokker, Fleet Commander Lisa Hayes, Dr. Vanderman, Major Bronco, and other highly ranked Generals, including General Li Wenlong and those of other factions, sitting on a large table fitted with other gadgets.
“Please, sit down, fellow officers”, Gloval said and sat down. Everybody else did the same.
 
"I am pleased to see all of you here”, he explained with his Russian accent, “I have ordered this council together in order to discuss the future of the SDF-1 and our new enemy. As everybody knows, this foe has invaded the inner city of the Fortress - A threat not to be ignored. We must gather solutions to eliminate this threat at all costs... First, we should begin with those who have had contact with the enemy".
Looking over towards two certain officers in flight-uniforms, the Admiral continued, "Commander Fokker, Major Bronco, you both have flown into battle against the bio-ship's fighters. What can you say about those units?"
 
Commander Fokker cleared his voice and spoke:
"Yes Sir. As you may know, these 'fighters' are not truly fighters. They are more like flying creatures. They're fast and have a pretty tough armor. Our Veritech fighters had a rough time trying to compete against them. Their sheer flexibility is remarkable, nothing I have ever seen my life. If we want to continue standing against them, we must focus on ways to improve our own fighters, from weapons systems to maneuverability."
"...Yeah, especially the maneuverability", Bronco added, "We were lucky we had standard armaments... The battle could have gone more than worse if we had carried a heavier payload."
“You got it, Bronco - I must say that these creatures were a lot tougher than those typical Zentraedi battlepods, too. I was forced to swap loose gunpods from down Valkyries in space just to keep up with the ammunition flow”, Roy explained further, "The 'fighters' our squads fought against shot many blue -fast and deadly- projectiles... Dodging them was not easy at all..."
"... You mean 'shards', or Commander?", an aged man in a scientist suit said.
This man was Dr. Johnathan Vanderman, age 47, is the lead scientist of the RDF Research Department, next to the research team of Dr. Lang who deals more with Quantum and Protoculture Physics. He has been researching Protoculture and its secrets ever since the crash-landing of the SDF-1 on Macross Island. Vanderman has been trying to solve the uncovered secrets and mysteries, which lie within the Super Dimensional Fortress as well. Admiral Gloval always relied on his vital information and scientific reports. Dr. Vanderman had a few experimental artifacts prepared, which have been recovered during the battle against the organic ship. After putting on silicon gloves and showing a hand-sign to one of his assistances, they then brought the first experimental object.
"Yes, Admiral Gloval. This, ladies and gentlemen", he said and held up a strange pointy and dark blue shimmering object with '#1 tag', "is one of the projectiles which have been shot. Length 134 centimeters, 7.45 diameter, sharp... hard… flat ... deadly. Though many of these projectiles vary in size and length, Some are even two meters long, others even shorter - but nonetheless, they all have the same aspects."
"Definitely deadly", Bronco added.
 
The scientist nodded back to him and said:
"Yes. The research team has managed to salvage a few of the creatures, such as the smallest common 'fighter' and the ones, which have invaded the frontal districts of the Macross City Deck. Here is one of the flying creatures." Lifting his hand once again, another assistance responded to his signal, darkened the lights of room and activated a large screen just across the other side of the conference room. The image on the screen revealed several snapshots of mentioned creature.
"As you can see here, this 'specimen' of the 'Invid' truly is a living being with some sort of cardio-vascular systems... All what a living being needs - and for us still unknown mechanical parts, but we're working on that. They are space-hardened and seem to withstand much punishment - One of our Valkyrie pilots has even brought back an arm of a different unknown specimen - We are not done yet with its research, but we can already report that this arm is a biological wonderwork, showing signs of muscular enhancements and protection, making the beast who ever lost this arm invulnerable to standard weapons. There is a similarity between the flying creatures and the snake-like ones invading the city, besides their mechanical intersections." The screen zoomed up towards the shoulder regions, "... Inside the shoulders, these 'shards' are produced, always producing a sufficient amount as soon as a few are missing. It only takes a matter of seconds for the shoulders to replicate these needles-of-death - A true mystery… We have the equipment to examine these shoulders that act like `shard-factories', but our efforts always end up in a dead-end, leaving our research in darkness and unable to explain how they have an unlimited supply. When the creature wants to fire off its projectiles, a chemical reaction occurs. First of all, for us unknown substances mix up inside the shoulder, which causes bubbles-development around each shard. After that and less than a few milliseconds, a very small but immense chemical reaction occurs, sending the shard forward with remarkable power, just like the gas-explosion-reaction, which occurs when you pull the trigger of a gun. The shard's speed can vary between 478 meters per second to 2.300 meters per second - depending on the age and maturity of the specimen... We know these creatures are capable of this, but anything fired around 700 meters per second and above would bust the arcs for sure…"
 
There was a moment of shock heard throughout the room and many of the listeners were astonished about his last words.. Admiral Gloval raised his head, "Excuse me, Dr. Vanderman - But did I understand right?"
"That would explain why the armor our Destroid units was merely nothing - like paper... ", Commander Fokker added as well, starting to understand the serious threat of these facts.
"Not only that, Commander", Dr. Vanderman added. "The whole material is quite unknown to us, although we've managed to view its atomic-structure on the layer. The density between the molecules is tremendously high - Denser than the standard Carbonite-Armor our Veritech units mainly have... The denser the material, the more better it can pierce..."
"That would mean that this...", Bronco said, starting to sound angry, "shard-thing is just as dangerous as..."
 
"As armor-piercing Zarlon particle cells ... Yes", Commander Hayes said, finishing his sentence,
"The special issue and rare energetic ammunition for all defensive turret units... Commonly used by Zentraedis themselves."
 
"Precisely, Commander Hayes...", Dr. Vanderman said, "and maybe even more dangerous. The Research Team has begun classifying each type of these specimens of the `Invids'. The smallest salvaged 'fighter' will classified as the 'Invid-Arc-Shardling'. The 'snake-like' version as 'Invid-Shardling' and the creature to which this separated arm belongs to as `Invid-Protocrusher'. There seem to many more of them, but we must gather more information and dead subjects before we can continue."
One of the Destroid Field Commanders, Roger Ultilla, stood up, slamming both hands on the table. Shouting angrily, he said, "This is impossible!... How can it be... A biological - shard - can deal more kinetic damage than Zarlon-Particle cells...?!"
 
"Calm down, Commander Ultilla", Gloval said towards the angered person.
"Dr. Vanderman, was it possible to find out the origins of the 'bio-ship'".
"I'm afraid not, Admiral. The whole Research Department is constantly working on decoding all information data, which is lying within the Main Data-Base of this Protoculture ship. "
 
Lisa rose her hand shortly and said:
"I remember Officer Vanessa Leeds identifying the unknown "bio-ship" as the "Invid Articlatis Maexlaeaa" . I studied the Zentraedi/Protoculture communication language and as far as I know, "Maexlaeaa" means "Exodus". Officer Leeds could only identify its name, since the data-base was unable to access and comply its information."
 
The lead scientist drunk some water from his glass and laid it back on the table:
"Yes yes, the Zentraedi language can be translated too by the Protoculture data-bases... The remarkable thing we have discovered lately is that there must be a deep connection of communication between all known living being, such as Zentraedi and Humans. In other words, there is a connection between the Zentraedi and Human - but this lies deep within the Protoculture data-base. As you know, the Main Data-Base of this ship contains vital source information. Our theory is that before the SDF-1 crash-landed back on Earth... long before the Third World War and many years beyond, the ship must have been in the hands of an unknown alien specie. It is confirmed that the data-base of the ship seems to be more like a 'galactic-history-encyclopedia-logbook'. We think that the former alien ship, which is known today as the SDF-1, has came across this 'Invid' creature once..."
"Hmm, that would explain why the data-base contains information about the `Invid-Exodus' "", Lisa proposed.
 
The scientist added, "Exactly. We only know that this biological menace has spent most of its time in Hyperspace - or `Nullspace'. We do not know why the 'Invid-Exodus' exists nor where it exactly came from or why it has sent in creatures to take over this ship, but we do think that it was caught there... for a very long time... until that certain day when the Zentraedi came... Unfortunately, we are also unable to encrypt the signal that was sent into that direction before they appeared, either.”
 
"The `Invid-Exodus' retreated its 'fleet' exactly at the moment when it was outnumbered by the units the `Majestica' and carriers deployed", Commander Fokker said.
"Dr. Vanderman...", Gloval asked, "Are you trying to say that the Zentraedi "lured" the 'Exodus' to us?"
"Yes, Admiral? I think that would explain why their battle-pods did not perform the usual direct attack upon us. Instead, they attacked the 'Invid-Exodus' making it somehow 'aggressive'... and then before they were swallowed up, they folded into hyperspace... leaving it behind. There is no way we can explain how the Reflex-Cannon failed and how the blackout knocked out all of our systems. The mental status of Dr. Karen-Lindsay Young is somewhat mysterious. Although she did not receive any injuries, she shows sign of amnesia and shock. I am worried if she did perhaps suffer from the sudden shutdown after all."
“Send her my personal greetings if she manages to wake up again”, the Admiral said, “Regaining control of the SDF-1 also belongs to our primary objectives.”
 
"About the Zentraedi ", Commander Fokker said, "The Zentraedi want the SDF-1 back. Remember the second attack in the orbit of Earth? They launched artillery beams around the SDF-1 and destroyed a serious amount of the RDF's fleet of ARMDs and Oberth-Class Destroyers. The SDF-1 itself has not even receive a single scratch..."
 
"I've lost my squadron that day...", Major Bronco said, who sounded a bit angry, "We just about to launch from one of the ARDM carriers, when one of those dreaded beam sliced through the ship..."
"I remember", Commander Fokker said. "I know. We all have lost many pilots that day."
 
Dr. Vanderman continued:
"Admiral Gloval, not far away from the `Sterntaler' district's southern Terminal entrance, a large explosion has occurred, ripping a large whole to the Under Decks of the SDF-1. The lower Decks, as you know, are not directly accessible - only from one area down to the colonists - but never the less, we do not know what is down there right now. So far we've only got a few outposts, one colony station and two small bases down there along with colonists - and soldiers - doing research and exploring the area..."
 
 
"SDF-1 Operative Kim Young reported that several main water and cooling lines were severely damaged by the impact...", Lisa added after Vanderman's speech, "She has detected various numbers of gas and water leaks throughout the whole deck under the city, which is pouring constantly down. Fortunately, the gases themselves are not hazardous and the water is still circulating. We lost contact to the people down there after the impact, though. It is quite impossible to reach them, since the quite thick layer of Hyper-Carbonite that lies between the decks does not allow anything to penetrate easily..."
 
One of the commanding Generals spoke:
"'Sterntaler' and 'Spearhead' District are still hot spots and we're not close to getting done with the evacuation either." His voice did not sound optimistic as his view fell down towards the table.
 
Gloval rose his right hand towards all officers and said:
"I think this is all we can gather about this situation for now. I want the civilians to be rescued as soon as possible. We need to fortify our lines inside the city and may have to take security procedures to close the Terminal entrances between the districts. General Li Wenlong? Is it possible to receive support from your faction in both, space and inner city, fronts?”
 
“Admiral”, the General replied with his Chinese accent, “As you may know, the sake of my people comes first - but I am willing to dissect a few of our `Red-Dragons' from our active squadrons and allow any volunteers to assist the RDF fleet. I am assured that a certain pilot is willing to support the group of the young men and women that rescued him during the second battle. Admiral Gloval, I wish I could support you with more, but our ground troops in the city are needed to uphold control to avoid a mass panic in the Chinese districts of the city.”
 
“I understand your concerns, General Wenlong, and I respect your decisions fully. Our defending fleet will surely appreciate to have the legendary `Red-Dragons' in their groups,
The General bowed his head shortly, showing his thankfulness for Gloval's understanding, “Major Bronco, Commander Fokker, Dr. Vanderman, I would like to know how the new the recruits managed with the new Veritechs?"
 
"Besides a few, who were not happy about it, they did manage to fly - and fight - well. What would you say, Commander Fokker?", Bronco said, sounding optimistically. Fokker nodded his head as Bronco spoke further, "For sure, they noticed straight from the beginning that they would need to work as a team if they want to be successful. They did great for being beginners on their first combat sortie. The remarkable thing about them is that the new systems they used really helped them interact with incoming fire just on time. It's a tough job for both pilots and co-pilots, but I proud to say that they surely proven themselves as unique supporters in combat - Things would have gone bad without them", Fokker added.
 
“All enlistment divisions that consists of men and women have been merged to the newly formed `Marauder Gauntlets' and are currently on their way to the `Majestica'”, Bronco explained, “I have already promoted and informed them on their new task as fleet-defenders. I have already requested a list for subcommanders, so they will be ready later for fleet tasks, sir.”
 
 
Dr. Vanderman spoke:
"The first contact and battle against the 'Invid-Arc-Shardling' was quite a stressful experience for the female pilots. Although they have flown well, many pilots were forced to split themselves from the first battle. The second battle on deck however went a lot better. The female co-pilots were not stressed out like the first time. Since the SDF-1's magnetic-hull acts like gravity-field upon Carbonite material, it allowed the situation to be easier for females to orientate their senses. There was a tragic loss due to a shard that penetrated the cockpit and killed the RW co-pilot of an enlisted pilot, who is currently under psychological aid. Although the psychiatrists are not sure if he is mentally clear, he was also transferred to the `Majestica' as well. We have immediately called out all technicians to replace the cockpit glass with a different type of material, though vulnerable to energetic weapons, it is able to withstand direct fire from projectiles. As emergency method, it is capable to eject the whole glass, pulling whatever object away from endangering the lives of the pilots inside - The pilots, however, will be exposed to space unless they activate the integrated cockpit heatshield."
“Yes, please do so”, Gloval insisted.
 
“Major?”, General Li Wenlong asked, “I am very sure a certain pilot from the `Red-Dragon' division is willing to support and join the group you commanded. He is a young pilot who has actually disobeyed his orders in retreating and decided to support a downed Destroid similar to our `Red-Dragons' who called for assistance.”
“Ah yes, a few of my rookies reported this”, Bronco replied, “That must have been that beast that got its arm shot off later - that `Invid…”
“'Invid-Crusher', Major”, the scientist reminded him.
“Yeah, `Invid-Crusher' - Sure, I'm convinced that the rookies will be pleasured to meet with your pilot, sir.”
The General nodded and said at last, “I will inform you later about him when he is transferred.”
 
"Very well", Admiral Gloval said, "I am pleased to hear some good news - then let the projects continue. I think the teamwork between male pilots and female co-pilots will improve as time goes by. Dr. Vanderman, concentrate your research on finding information and improve our knowledge. I would like the rest to return to their stations, you are all dismissed."
 
"Yes sir", the rest replied back.
Everyone besides Admiral Gloval got up and left the room. He took his pipe out of a case, lit it and started to smoke, thinking of what to do next...
 
 
----
 
"Diamond Back" District - Veritech barracks IX, another hour later...
 
Entering the habitat section of the barracks, a rather tall woman walked into the building where Chris and Sammie were. Wearing a blue bridge operative uniform and a bandage around her right hand, many soldiers saluted as she walked past them. Ignoring their salutes, the woman in blue walked past them, passing them with a cold shoulder - not even returning a look. Many looks followed her as she entered one of the elevators alone. She turned around and many noticed her having a strange but determined face as she disappeared behind the elevator doors.
 
Both Chris and Sammie were lying under the same blanket, both holding each other and staring towards the ceiling. The light of the room was strongly dimmed. Hugging Chris, Sammie felt safe and cozy as she had her head laying upon his chest.
"...Chris...", she whispered as she lifted her head. He looked down upon his beloved angel.
"Hmm?", he humbled quietly.
"..."
 
She slowly climbed up and gave him another charming kiss...
"... My duty at Bridge Command will begin soon...", she whispered.
"Yeah... mine too... soon"
 
Getting up from the bed, a rather naked Sammie Porter lifted her clothes from the side of the bed. The floor was very cold upon her feet and a light draft drifted past her shoulders that she even shivered slightly. Hugging Sammie from behind and giving her another kiss upon the side of her neck, Chris warmed her up with his arms.
"Honey... where's the bathroom, I have check my hair somehow."
"Just down there to your left...", he whispered back towards her.
"I'll be right back", she replied with a soft voice and gave him another quick kiss before walking around the corner.
 
Chris also lifted himself and put on his clothes again as well. As if something was calling him, Chris looked once again upon the table and saw the loaded gun lying on the table - right next to his pills. Just thinking back, he noticed that if Sammie had not shown up, he would have been a goner. Not wasting another second, Chris picked up the gun and slid it back into the holster from where he once took it. There was a moment of silence as he stuck the gun away - The bad memories were slowly coming back to his mind. He immediately took a few pill capsules out of the pill cartridges...
Hearing Sammie coming back from the bathroom, he swallowed a few pills and hid the cartridges within the locker - For sure, he did not want to have Sammie worrying about his deep wounds within his mind...
 
A sound could be heard along the empty corridors of the floor. Right after the sound occurred, the doors of the elevator opened up and the female officer entered the halls. Orientating herself shortly, she looked towards her left and slowly walked down the corridor. Each step made a clear 'tap' hollowing down the halls...
 
Feeling arms hugging him from behind, Sammie held Chris shortly from behind.
"Chris, I just wanted you to know that if you have any thing you would like to talk about... any thing... please... Speak to me... ok?"
Making a short sigh, he replied, "... I... I will..." - Somehow, she must have felt that he was not really fine. Sammie closed both her bra and uniform-skirt. Before putting her uniform-jacket, she lifted herself upon the tip of her toes, just barely reaching the side of Chris cheek and whispered, "Just remember me, ok?"
Her voice echoed within his mind...
Chris stood in front of her as he watched her put on her clothes. He observed as his beloved one hasted to put on her yellow officer-vest with typical red edges. Indeed, it did seem slightly tight as her breasts were slightly squeezed behind. Putting up the officer-jacket, she zipped it up almost towards the top and laid the jacket-cover over to the right side of her chest, strapping it with the Velcro area of her vest.
After throwing her hands through her hair a few times and straightening her uniform, she suddenly stood in an officer's stance in front of Chris and looked up into his eyes and asked, "Do I look fine...?"
Sammie did seem very tired and her hair did seem slightly messy...
"You look...", he answered, then paused. He was deeply impressed by the beauty of Sammie's appearance, " - You look beautiful...", and gave her another last kiss...
 
Hearing a door opening ahead, Vanessa made a swift movement and hid behind the corner of the four-way corridor. At first, it did not seem as if she was afraid of something, but her eyes widened when she heard the voice of Sammie Porter coming from the corner... She could not understand everything she was talking about since her voice was echoing, but for sure - she was talking with Chris. Vanessa had her back against the wall and she remain silent as she heard her voice... The wound in her right hand slowly pulsed painfully as she heard Sammie speaking. Hearing a "G'bye...", Vanessa heard the steps of Sammie's walking down the hall. She was about to walk past Vanessa... As Sammie passed by, she did not notice the presence of Vanessa leaning against the wall just on her right down the corridor. For sure, Sammie's mind was way beyond.
Smiling hideously, Vanessa slowly lifted herself as Sammie disappeared into the elevator.
 
Chris turned away from the door, leaving it open as it was. Taking a few moments of silence, he remembered the beautiful moments between him and his beloved angel... as he thought back, he also felt a slight dizziness... For sure, the pills were slowly working on him. Even his view was getting foggy, somewhat double and slightly sensitive towards light.
*Tap, tap, tap, tap...*
He heard this sound repeating itself and coming closer...
"""Sammie?""" ... Did she decide to come back?
 
The steps entered his room and he heard the door shut.
Chris did not turn around, he remained were he was. As a few seconds passed by, he felt more dizzy than ever... For sure something was not right. Maybe he swallowed a few pills too many without even noticing it.
"...Chris...", a female voice said behind him. The voice did sound familiar, but he was not even sure if it was Sammie, "...You know... Chris... I have been waiting for this opportunity for a long time..."
 
Turning around, Chris view was very blurry. Indeed, he took too many of those pills. Although he could not recognize the face of Sammie, he saw her slowly lifting her left hand towards the right side of her uniform and then heard an un-strapping sound slowly ripping apart. It was the Velcro-contact being taking off from each other.
"You know... I have been waiting day and night...", the woman across the room said as her uniform-jacket fell upon the cold floor. Taking off her shoes, she slowly stepped forward, slowly moving closer toward Chris...
"Alone... I have been waiting day and night... for you... We are both the same, you know?..."
Chris could her an unzipping sound as she walked closer.
"Alone... I know how you feel... How each day fate threatens to take your life... each day... each... night...", her vest went open, revealing her breast being held by a black bra.
"We are destined to be together, Chris... Never would she understand your feelings... our feelings...", the soft voice said.
"""She never would...?""" - The pills were getting stronger and stronger by the moment that even his thoughts were getting lost within his own mind. He even started to loose his orientation.
 
Being slowly pushed down onto his bed by the women that endeavored his body, she threw the uniform-vest down on the floor as well and started to kiss him along his body... xotically. Chris' mind was somewhere lost between the feeling of love and lust... He could hear the breathing of the woman getting more and more intense as he felt once again soft breasts being pressed upon his chest. "Sammie...", Chris said quietly.
The woman did not react... The feeling was wonderful as they kissed each other passionately, her lips were soft and precious... but something was not right. As Chris' hand went through the hair of woman, it was a lot shorter than before. His mind was slowly clearing up...
"Sammie.. Forget Sammie…. She would never understand our feelings... She would never understand our love... She would never know about our connection...", the woman whispered into his ear.
"But...", they suddenly tongue-kissed each other... He never kissed so intense than before... not even once in his entire life. It was strange that Sammie came back, a lot more 'aggressively' than before... or was it Sammie? As minutes passed by, more strange and unfamiliar things happened as they were together.
 
"Sammie loves me..."
"Sammie would never understand us..."
"... and I love... Sammie...", Chris said back to her...
 
The woman froze when she heard his words... Her sudden surprise was so intense that her heart even skipped a beat, and then pounded rapidly and nearly uncontrollable that even Chris could feel it upon his chest. She slowly lifted herself. As if it were a cure, the side-effects of the small pill overdose slowly faded away and his view was clearing up once again. Holding herself right above Chris, he suddenly recognized the voice and the face of the woman for whom he thought it would be Sammie...
 
"Va... Vanessa... is that you?"
Just barely recognizing her, Chris would have recognized her earlier if she had her glasses on - which was not the case however. It was not his beloved Sammie Porter above him. Vanessa remained quiet and held herself just a foot above him... For a moment, one part of Chris' self wanted Vanessa. It was the pure beauty of her that somewhat surprised and confused him. He never met Vanessa without her glasses which truly acted as a wall of pure mystery, hiding whoever was behind.
He could feel her warm body floating over him and cheeks were slightly red. Her mouth was slightly open as she looked down upon him, just endeavoring his lips for another kiss...
 
...
Chris took over himself finally.
...
 
Slowly lifting himself, Vanessa was carefully pushed away.
"Chris? ... but...", she said quietly...
"Vanessa... I, I don't know what to say, but... I love... Sammie"
 
Vanessa's heart shattered like a precious mirror being dropped onto the ground...
"... but we have the same fate... We both lost our loved ones..."
"I could never betray Sammie... She... She needs me..."
 
Vanessa pulled herself away... a very cold draft went past her.
"... and I need her..."
Vanessa felt very sad... and lifted herself up, picking up her clothes...
 
He noticed her bandaged right hand for a second. She seemed to have given up her hope for having Chris... Her last chance and wish failed upon her... Chris remained upon the bed sitting as Vanessa slowly put on her clothes again... She did not dare to turn herself once more in front of Chris... She was sad and furthermore embarrassed for trying to get the love of somebody she already lost for good.
"Vanessa, listen - I'm sorry..."
 
She lifted herself and stood straight, standing in front of the door and having her back towards Chris. He heard her sniff a few times and she lowered her head shortly, perhaps wiping the tears off her face... and again. A few tears dropped upon the floor. She opened the door, but then stopped for a second.
"*sniff* Chris?", she asked with a very sorrow voice, asking for his attention for a last time.
Chris lifted his head and responded, "Yes... Vanessa?"
 
She stood with herself halfway out of the room, her head although looking towards the floor - with guilt... She was only a step away from loosing Chris for good... Another tear tapped upon the floor.
"I'm sorry about what happened... but could we...", she said - and interrupted shortly as she sniffed once again sadly, " - I mean, I would never ever put myself between you and Sammie again - but could ...", she paused shortly again, "... could we still be friends?"
 
A few seconds passed by...
Chris lifted himself from the bed and stood up.
"How could I ever say 'no'?", he replied light-heartened.
 
For a second, Vanessa smiled... She felt satisfied. Grabbing the broken pair of glasses out of her pocket, she looked upon them for a moment. One of the lenses was broken and her hand ached slightly just looking at them. Deciding to leave Chris and Sammie alone for good, she laid the glasses upon a small ledge that was to her right. She laid the glasses right next to the keys that were lying there as well. Without saying another word, Vanessa exited his room and closed the doors. He could hear the tapping steps of her shoes slowly fading away as she walked along the halls. Chris was alone now... Walking over towards the door, he took a look towards the broken pair of glasses she left behind...
 
Exiting the building from the rear entrance, a very sad Vanessa Leeds closed the door behind her... She was alone...
A wave of sorrowness fell upon her that caused her to fall softly onto her knees...
She started to cry... Her feelings were far beyond the sense of happiness.
She was alone again, in such a dark time... She did not know what to do...
She understood that she did a grave mistake years ago…
 
And now she must face the worst consequence of being…
 
Alone...
 
In a time where their lives are threatened to be lost…
 
 
----