Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ Closer You and I ❯ Pillar's Solid Training ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A/N(karu-14): Hello there! Sorry about the last chapter! There was nothing really important going on there. Haha! My bad! Don't worry though, I will finally get on with the Pillar's training thing. Well, I'm gonna try my first attempt of fluff or sweetness or romance today. Hope you enjoy this! And I'm really sorry for the very looong update!! I'm really sorry! You see, I often tend to have this sickness called “Tamaritis” as my father calls it. It's not really an illness. It's what we call “lazy” in other terms. If someone notices that I'm having Tamaritis `coz I haven't updated for so long, BY ALL MEANS!!!! SCOLD ME!! FLAME ME!! TELL ME SOMETHING THAT'LL TOALLY PISS ME OFF SO I COULD I WRITE FASTER!!!
 
 
Disclaimer: …Do I really have to say it? (sigh) Ok,Ok. I don't own Rayearth or its Characters. But I did steal Lantis. Really! I stole him. But not to worry, Hikaru is here too so that he won't feel sad. He's really a shy guy ya know…and Hikaru is such a good companion. Well enough of my blubbering! On with the fic!
 
 
CHAPTER FOUR: Pillar's Solid Training
 
 
The sun shone brightly and the singing of the birds can be heard all through out Cephiro. People outside the palace have already started their daily tasks and jobs. Children playing and running around can be seen through out their village. People inside the palace have also started their every day duties. Guards patrolling the grounds. Chefs cooking breakfast. Gardeners tending the garden.
 
 
In a solitaire hallway inside the palace, footsteps can be heard echoing through it. Footsteps that belonged to certain handsome Kailu named Lantis. He walked towards a window and his head began to fill with thoughts.
 
 
`(sigh) It's such a beautiful day today. It's different than any other. Something…no, Someone had made it feel complete.' He sighed again and continued. `At long last, my prayers have been answered. She's finally here. That's all that matters.' He deeply sighs again and continues, `I better wake her up now or Clef'll scold her for waking up so late.' He proceeded to walk towards Hikaru's room. When he reached it, he closed his eyes and tried to `feel' if she's already awake. But alas, nothing was moving inside the room so it would mean that she's still asleep. He pushed open the double doors and walked straight towards the door leading to Hikaru's room. He stopped when he reached it and knocked gently.
 
 
“Princess Hikaru, please wake up now. We have to go to breakfast so you'll have lots of energy for today's training..” He said gently, but when he heard no response he continued but his voice sounded a little louder, “Princess?” Finally, he heard footsteps coming towards the door. He straightened himself and prepared to greet his sleepy love. When she opened the door, Lantis' eyes stared dumbly at her.
 
 
Hikaru stood at the door, wearing only her long silky nightgown that showed off her womanly curves with her fiery red hair flowing beautifully behind her. With her head hung low and her eyes still shut closed, she sleepily said, “Satoru, can't I have 20 more minutes? It's too early to wake up now. It's Masaru's turn to help you with breakfast.”
 
 
Lantis snapped out of his trance and smiled gently. `Sometimes she still acts like a little kid.' “Princess Hikaru, if you don't wake up now, Clef'll scold you. He's has quite a temper you know.” He smiled again waiting for Hikaru's reaction.
 
 
She lazily rubbed her eyes and said, “Huh? What are you talking about? Clef's in Cephiro. And besides, how did you…” she stopped rubbing her eyes abruptly and quickly opened her eyes. She gasped loudly. “Oh my gosh! The training!” she then ran heading straight outside her room.
 
 
Lantis stood perfectly still, slightly tapping his shoes and began to count. “5, 4, 3, 2 ,1…” he heard something like, halting to a screeching stop. After that, running footsteps can be heard coming towards him. As he had expected, Hikaru ran back to him and asked, “What are you waiting for Lantis? We have to go down now!” Before she could even start running again, Lantis caught her by her wrist.
 
 
“Clef and the others must be heading to breakfast by now, so don't worry about the training. Before we go there, I think it's best if you freshen up first and have something decent to wear.”
 
 
Hikaru had a confused look on her face. She looked down, gasped, and turned away quickly from Lantis. “M-my gosh! I'm sorry Lantis” she apologized, desperately hiding her blush.
 
 
He held her by her shoulder, turned her around, lifted up her chin to make her face him. “An apology is not necessary. I know you're quite stressed of how this training will be.” He then caressed her soft cheek and continued, “Not to worry, I'll be there to help and guide you. I'll be here by your side no matter what. Don't you forget that.”
 
 
Hikaru nodded. Lantis slowly released her from his embrace and told her, “Go now and change so we can go down for breakfast” Seeing Hikaru nod again, he made his way towards one of the couches on the living room and sat on it and waited patiently for his Fiery Goddess.
 
 
After a while, Lantis heard a door being closed and looked up only to see a very beautiful ruby eyed girl. He stood up and began to `eye' her. Hikaru was wearing her crown and her `Pillar Dress' (as I have both described, on the last chapter), only it was crimson in color. She also wore pink ballet-like shoes that has a ruby stone on it's tip on each piece.
 
 
With a questioning look on her face she asked, “Umm…Lantis, is wearing all of this `very' necessary? Starting with this crown, dress, and the shoes, I really don't quite feel comfortable with all of this on.”
 
 
“Of course Hikaru. All of those clothing and accessories are necessary, for you have the highest rank here in Cephiro.” Lantis said and smiled a bit.
 
 
“Well, not to offend you or anything, what about you? I mean you are the High Priest, and you're wearing…” Hikaru was cut short when she noticed that Lantis' clothes were different from the ones he used to wear before. “Hey, what are you wearing?” She then eyed Lantis from head to toe. He was wearing a plain, `white' turtle neck with thick black linings on the edge of the collar, followed by `white' long trousers. On his shirt, she noticed to sapphire circular stones on each side of his shoulders where the cape is hooked to.
 
 
Lantis sighed and replied, “Master Mage Clef made me wear this. He told me that I should wear clothes that oppose my brother's theme of color. Black and purple. So, I had no other choice but to wear light colors.” He sighed again, only deeper this time. “You are not the only one who wears clothes that are uncomfortable, or, in my case, not my color.”
 
 
Hikaru giggled and took a step close to Lantis. “It may be uncomfortable for you to wear that, but in my eyes…you look rather…” Hikaru blushed and continued. “Dashing”
 
 
Lantis smiled at her compliment. “As am I with you. Only, for me, you look, absolutely gorgeous” and, to hikaru's shock, his face showed a tint of red.
 
 
Hikaru smiled at this and thought, `I never thought Lantis' could blush. How surprising'. Hikaru's thoughts were hushed when a certain grumbling noise that came from her stomach was heard. Hikaru seriously blushed harder for this.
 
 
Lantis chuckled. “I believe, now is the best time to go down for breakfast.” He then offered her his hand and Hikaru gracefully took it. Side by side, they proceeded towards the dining area.
 
 
-Palace dinning room-
Umi paced back and forth while the others, who is calmly seated on their designated chair, patiently waited for Hikaru and Lantis. “Where the heck are they?! Did they get lost or something? I'm really quite famished here!”
 
 
“Calm down Miss Umi. I'm sure that Miss Hikaru and Sir Lantis are heading towards here now. Why don't you just take your sit and wait for them.” Fuu calmly told her.
 
 
“Fine. I'm too hungry to argue with that.” Umi replied as she made her way to her chair.
 
 
After, a while Hikaru and Lantis finally got inside the dinning room.
 
 
“It's about time! I was beginning to wonder what happened to both of you.” Umi smirked when she saw Hikaru and Lantis' intertwined hands. “Then again something might have.”
 
 
“Huh? What are you talking about Umi?” Hikaru innocently asked.
 
 
Before Umi could say another word, Fuu interrupted. “Mind out of the gutter, Miss Umi.” She quickly whispered to her. She turned her gaze towards Hikaru and Lantis and said, “Never mind what Miss Umi had said. She's just hungry and because of that, it had taken a great effect on her.”
 
 
“Hey!” Umi shouted. She wanted to protest, but Clef suddenly struck his staff to the ground that earned the room's complete silence.
 
 
“Enough bickering! Just take your sits so we can start our meals peacefully!” with all of them seated on their chairs Clef then said, “good!”
 
 
And so they ate their meals with light conversations. Complimenting how good Cephirian cuisine can be. After a while, all of them were through. Clef approached Hikaru and said, “Princess Hikaru, I'll give you time to rest. I'm only giving you that, so you can start the training with less stress. Am I clear?”
 
 
“Yes, mage Clef.” Replied Hikaru.
 
 
And so with that, all of them went to their own destination. Hikaru decided to go to where she last met with Lantis, the garden (as I have described at my second chapie). She approached the guard, who was standing beside the palace doors. The guard bowed and stood still again. Hikaru then asked, “Umm…is there a stallion that I can borrow? I'm going to take a stroll outside the palace.”
 
 
“Princess, It is no longer necessary for you to borrow a stallion. As the pillar, you already have one.” The guard replied. “If it pleases you, I will personally get the horse for you.”
 
 
“Really? Thank you very much.” Hikaru said.
 
 
“It a duty of mine to serve the Pillar. Will you please remain here until I get back with your horse?”
 
 
“Yes. Thanks again.” Hikaru replied. The guard then bowed again and went outside.
 
 
After several minutes the guard returned with a white furred horse with a red fiery mane. Hikaru eagerly approached it.
 
“Wow! It's so pretty!! Does he…I mean she…” before she could continue the guard said “It's a she, princess.”
 
 
“Oh. Does she have a name?” she asked.
 
 
“No princess. If you wish to give her a name, you are permitted to do so” the guard replied.
 
 
“Hmm…I think I'll call her…Aphrodite!” she cheerfully said as she gently stroked the stallion's hair.
 
“That is a wonderful choice of name, princess.” The guard said and smiled a bit. “Would you like to ride her now?”
 
 
“Oh, yes! I do!”
 
 
“Then allow me to help you mount her, princess.” The guard said as Hikaru prepared to mount it. The guard gently pushed her up as she leaned inwards and placed her other leg on the other side of the horse.
 
 
“Thank you very much for everything!” Hikaru said to him.
 
“It is my pleasure princess. Have a safe ride.” The guard relied.
 
 
She nodded and gently jolted both her legs on the stallion's side, that earned the horse to start running, and leaned forward to make the horse run faster. She then recalled the way towards the garden and made the horse run towards the garden's direction.
 
 
After several minutes, they (meaning the horse and her) finally reached the garden. Aphrodite slowed her pace as they headed towards the entrance. They reached it, then Hikaru mounted off the horse and said, “Please wait here for a while Aphrodite. I'll be back after I relax a bit.” To her surprise, the horse neighed softly as if she understood what Hikaru had just said. “Good girl” Hikaru said.
 
 
Hikaru strolled towards the garden's center of where the big fountain lay. She had expected that she was the only one who'll be there, but she guessed wrong. There, by the edge of the fountain, seated Lantis. He seemed to be in a state of relaxation. `I better not disturb him.' Hikaru tuned around to leave but only stopped when Lantis spoke.
 
 
“Princess, it is not necessary for you to leave. I will leave you in peace if you wish it.”
 
 
“No, um… it's alright. I mean you got here first and you want to rest so I think I should leave.” Hikaru protested. Hikaru turned around again to leave but was again stopped by Lantis.
 
 
“Please, don't leave…stay here…with me.”
 
 
“Is it alright with you?” she asked.
 
 
“Of course Princess. You can have a sit here beside me.”
 
 
And so with that, Hikaru made her way to the fountain and sat beside Lantis. They sat there side by side and resting, with silence enveloped their surroundings. For them, talking or having a conversation is no longer necessary. Having each other by their side is enough for both of them. After quite a while, Lantis decided to break their silence.
 
 
“Hikaru.”
 
 
“Yes?”
 
 
“Can you please tell me something about your world? About your family, what you do there and…your admirers.” Lantis' heart ached to hear of what her answer about the last one.
 
 
Seeing Lantis' awkward gestures, Hikaru spoke. “Hmm… well, I have three brothers. Namely: Satoru, my eldest brother. Masaru, my second eldest brother and last but definitely not the least, Kakeru, my third eldest brother. My brothers and I live in a dojo house because it's the nearest in our school and we teach kendo to our students. My parents live on the other side of our city. They're the ones who live on our `real' house, but constantly leaves because both my father and my mother travels all over the world because of business trips and dad's kendo career. Hmm…admirers…” Hikaru stopped to think. “Well, at school, I do have a `few'.” Lantis' was saddened by this. Hikaru chuckled at the look of Lantis' face and continued. “But, because of my elder brothers, no body had a chance to have a date with me since my brothers tend to fend them off by scaring them away with their Kendo sticks.” Hikaru laughed. “If you only saw the look on their faces when they run for their lives away from my brothers.”
 
 
Lantis had a confused look on his face. “Date? What's that?”
 
 
“A date is something a couple would do to spend time with each other. They go to romantic places such as the beach, restaurants and stuff.”
 
 
“Oh…” Lantis' expression saddened. “If they did have a chance of asking to have, of what you call, a `date' with you, would you accept it?”
 
 
hikaru thought hard and said, “I've never thought of that before, now that you've mentioned it.” Finally, she had an answer. “But, I think, I won't.”
 
 
Lantis' had a look of relief on his face. “Really? Why is that?”
 
 
“Because, I would only hurt their feelings.”
 
 
“How so?”
 
 
“While they're constantly trying to look appealing for me, I'll only see someone else beyond my eyes.”
 
 
“Oh, and who might that be?” Lantis asked.
 
“It's—” before Hikaru could continue, Hikaru heard a voice in her head. The voice of Mage Clef.
 
 
`Princess, are you now well rested?' Clef mentally asked.
 
 
`Yes, I am.' Hikaru replied.
 
 
`Please proceed now on our training grounds.'
 
 
`Yes, but where is that located?'
 
 
`Lantis can show you the way.'
 
 
`Ok, I'll be there right away.'
 
 
`I'll be waiting for you Princess.' And with that, Clef's voice was no more to be heard.
 
 
As hikaru regained her composure, Lantis was staring at her. “Hikaru, are you all right? You sort of zoned out there.”
 
 
“Sorry, Clef sort of told me to go now on the training grounds. Will you show me the way?” hikaru asked.
 
“Of course.” Lantis stood up and offered her his hand. “Shall we go then?”
 
 
Hikaru smiled and took his hand, “Yes, we shall” she replied.
 
 
And so they headed towards the garden's entrance, got up their horses and headed towards the training grounds.
 
 
After several minutes they reached it and they saw Clef waiting for them. They mounted off their horse and walked towards Clef.
 
 
“Princess, are you ready for your training?” Clef asked.
 
 
“Yes, I am.” She replied.
 
 
“Well then let's begin. But before all of that, you must first meditate.” Seeing Hikaru nod, Clef continued. “Now close your eyes, empty your thoughts, and reflect on your self.” After a minute, Clef said, “Ok, you can open your eyes now.” And so Hikaru did. “Now that your mind is at peace, let's proceed on the next step. The next step is `Transformation' ” Clef walked towards a flower.
 
 
Hikaru followed him and asked, “What are we going to do with a flower?”
 
 
“You're going to try and change the shape of the flower. Focus yourself on it and think hard of what you prefer it's shape.” Clef said.
 
 
Hikaru nodded and did it so. She stared at it real hard and focused. `Please, turn into a shape of a rose.' She thought and pleaded. Alas, nothing happened. “It didn't work.” She said in a sad voice.
 
 
“Try again.” Clef said in a harsh voice.
 
 
Hikaru was startled at the way Clef ordered her to try again but she just nodded and did so. After a while the flower finally transformed into a white rose. She smiled at this, pleased at her work.
 
“You're not quite done yet. Now, change the color of the flower into your liking.” Clef ordered Hikaru.
 
 
“Yes.” Was the only reply of Hikaru. She concentrated on the flower again. `Turn into red.' She thought and concentrated. And so it did. Hikaru smiled at this again.
 
 
“Next, change it's shape again along with it's color.” Said Clef.
 
 
Hikaru nodded again and stared at the flower. `Turn into a sunflower.' She thought real hard. After several seconds, it did.
 
 
“Good. Next, `Teleportation'. Transport that flower ten feet away from it's current location.” Said Clef.
 
 
Hikaru concentrated on the flower again and thought so. But nothing happened,
 
 
“Again.” Clef commanded.
 
Hikaru concentrated and commanded the flower so. And it did after several seconds.
 
 
“Now that you know `Teleportation'. Try to teleport your-self 20 feet from here.” Said Clef.
 
 
“What? But that's kind of…”
 
 
“Do as I say.” Clef commanded.
 
 
“Y-yes.” Now Hikaru was really startled of how Clef is commanding her. She closed her eyes and concentrated. After several minutes nothing happened.
 
 
“Concentrate!” yelled Clef.
 
 
Hikaru nodded quickly. She closed her eyes again and focused. The rate of her concentration doubled. After several attempts, Hikaru disappeared and re-appeared again 20 feet from where she once stood. Beads of sweat can be seen on her forehead. `This is harder than it looks.' She thought.
 
 
Clef walked towards her followed by Lantis, who was seriously staring at Clef angrily. Clef then simply said, “Well done.”
 
 
Hikaru smiled weakly at this.
 
 
“Now that you've learned `Teleportation', the next thing you need to learn is `Telekinesis'. I'm quite sure that you already know what that is, right?” seeing Hikaru nod, Clef continued. “See that rock over there?” Clef pointed to a small rock five feet away from her. “Move that rock and mentally throw it at that pond.” Clef then pointed at the near by pond.
 
 
Hikaru nodded again and focused on the rock. She stared hard at it and concentrated. Nothing happened. She closed her eyes, and concentrated again. Again, nothing happened.
 
 
“Concentrate harder!” yelled Clef.
 
 
Although Hikaru can feel her head spinning, she nodded and tried again. After several attempts, the rock floated and slowly glided towards the near-by pond. Hikaru opened her eyes and weakly smiled again.
 
 
“Do that again.” Clef commanded.
 
 
“What? But I just—” Hikaru started.
 
 
“It took you a long time to do it. Try again, this time, do it faster.” Clef replied.
 
 
Hikaru sighed and did as he said.
 
 
And so the training went on and on until finally the sun began to set. “Now that you've mastered some of the basics, I think your ready now for the next step. `Healing'.” Clef turned to face lantis and said, “Lantis, if you please.”
 
 
Lantis nodded. He folded his sleeve up to his elbow. He then took out a small dagger and made a cut on his arm. Lantis' eyes and hands clenched close in pain.
 
 
Hikaru covered her mouth her hands and gasped. “Oh my gosh Lantis!” she ran towards him.
 
 
Lantis weakly smiled and said, “No need to worry about me, I'm fine. This wound is nothing compared to what I've had before.”
 
 
With tear stained eyes, Hikaru slowly nodded. “Clef, please teach how to heal Lantis.” She said to Clef.
 
 
Clef nodded. “Now, concentrate on Lantis' wound. Unlike Fuu's `Winds of Healing', you don't need a spell to cast `Heal' so it'll be harder to do it so. You need to focus all your will to heal his wound. Is that understood?”
 
 
Hikaru nodded and quickly turned her attention at Lantis' wound. She closed her eyes and concentrated. `Oh please heal…' she pleaded. She opened her eyes to see if it worked, but apparently, nothing happened. She held both her hands out before Lantis' wound, closed her eyes and concentrated again. After several seconds, Hikaru's head ached in pain and in the process, she eyes and hands flinched. Lantis noticed this. She set aside the pain she felt and concentrated again at Lantis' wound. After several seconds, she opened her to see if something happened. Her eyes widened at smiled widely when she saw her palms glowing bright yellow. `Wow, that was fast.' She continued to concentrate on his wound. The light slowly covered the wound. After that, the glow of the light started to fade and disappeared. After the light had disappeared, Lantis' wounds were now fully healed and no trace of a scar was found. She held Lantis' hand, weakly looked up to him and said, “I finally…did it…” and with that she fainted into Lantis' arms.
 
 
Lantis held her close to him and whispered, “Yes, you did. I'm so proud of you.”
 
 
Clef walked towards him and coldly said, “Your help was not needed Lantis. She could have done it herself.”
 
 
Lantis turned to face him and coldly said, “Aren't you overdoing this whole training a bit too roughly?”
 
 
“The way I train her is quite necessary so she can learn to do it more efficiently.” Clef replied.
 
 
“Still, you don't need to be hard on her. She's still `new' at this.” Lantis said.
 
 
“A better reason to train her this way.” Said Clef.
 
 
Lantis gave him a death glare. He carried Hikaru in his arms, turned around and summoned his stallion. He carefully mounted it.
 
 
Before he could ride away, Clef said, “Don't interfere with her training again. Is that understood.”
 
 
Lantis clenched his fist and made the horse run towards the castle at full speed…
 
 
 
A/N(karu-14): (sigh) Finally, chappie 4 finally done!! Sorry if this chap is not that quite good. I made this in a hurry. Next chappie will be up soon! Today's Sunday, so, Chapter 5 will be up by Tuesday. Why? Because our first day of school will start on Wednesday. Yipee!! Goodbye Sophomore! Hello Junior!! My gosh! We'll have to study Trigonometry, Geometry, Chemistry and stuff. (sigh) Goodbye summer vacation. So, starting Wednesday, I'll try to update once every two or three weeks. Are you ok with that? Anyway, Thanks again to all those who reviewed!!
 
 
Chapter Preview: Chapter 5: Return Of Thy Comrades
 
Hikaru gets to learn more about Cephiro's past and is trained again by Clef. Lantis' ceremony for High Priest is also nearing and Autozam and the other neighboring countries are invited. Upon Autozam's arrival, Hikaru then notices their longing for their former commander and is feeling guilty of it. What will she do to ease their people's longing…
 
 
Tune in next time for my next chapter!
 
 
I'm very sorry if I have typographical errors! Tell me if I had one and where it is, and I'll fix it for you!
 
 
REVIEWS, QUESTIONS, SUGGESTIONS, OPINIONS, PRAISES(ahehehe), will be very much appreciated!
 
 
THANK YOU FOR READING! AND PLEASE LEAVE A REVIEW(even just a short one!)!!