Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH: A Different Person ❯ Beginning of the First Season ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Before we get onto the fic any further, I'd just like to state that I own no part of Magic Knight Rayearth; all of Rayearth, Cephiro, Autozam, and all those countries belong to CLAMP and the others who made it possible.
 
A/N: Well, to tell the truth, this is my first Rayearth fiction, so please forgive me if I get anything wrong; now, the plot is simple, so hopefully you'll like it. On with the show! (The song used in this chapter is the dubbed song of the Anime version of Rayearth of the first season; I just get this feeling that I want to include the opening song of a season/anime to its very first chapter, so here's the prologue, y'all.)
 
Summary: What if Zagato didn't love Emeraude? What if Zagato didn't love Alcione? What if he loved…a different person?
 
Rating: PG/PG13
 
Warnings: There shall be spoilers for the second half of the first series, and then the second series itself; there shall also be YAOI/SHOUNEN-AI relationships, so please don't read it if you don't like Yaoi/Shounen-Ai.
 
Pairings: Zagato/Innouva, Lantis/Eagle
 
 
MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH:
A Different Person
By TranquilityGoddess
 
Prologue
 
Hold onto that dream!
Tomorrow knows where and when
It's true--what you believe
Don't let go--the road will never end!
 
The sunset melts into the deep blue sea
It turns a crimson shade
A wonderful free fall
I just want to have the wind
Take me faraway
I've cleared impossible hurdles before,
But I know that there's more,
And I know I can make it
Who's to blame when it's not the best
That I can achieve?
 
Hold onto that dream!
Tomorrow knows where and when
It's true--what you believe
Don't let go--the road will never end!
Keep tryin' to believe
The biggest part of you--
And now you're ready to go!
 
How much longer do I have to cry
Before tomorrow's light?
A night full of sorrow
All at once I found today
I've finally hid my limits
I'm sure that when you are falling in love
It's just like blinking your eyes
Before you know it, it flies away!
I just want to learn how strong I can be
When I'm searching for love!
 
Hold onto that dream!
Tomorrow knows where and when
My lips're tightly sealed
But you can still see it in my eyes--
I've traveled down that road
And found the greater love
This time I know it is real!
 
I've cleared impossible hurdles before
But I know that there's more
And I know I can make it!
But when I got up to the starting line,
My legs were frozen with fear!
 
Hold onto that dream!
Tomorrow knows where and when
Reach out--unfold your arms
And take the key that opens up your heart!
 
Hold onto that dream!
Tomorrow knows where and when
It's true--what you believe
Don't let go--the road will never end!
 
Keep tryin' to believe
The biggest part of you--
And now you're ready to go!
 
"Innouva, you don't have to do this," Zagato argued.
 
"But, My Lord, I -" Innouva responded back, forgetting himself. "Please, change me back! I can defeat these Magic Knights for you! I know the only reason you've kept me by your side, My Liege, and that is because I was a gift to you from Princess Emeraude; please, if I could just change back to my original form, then I can defeat these Magic Knights!"
 
Innouva suddenly looked down from sudden embarrassment, his face red. "I'm sorry, Lord Zagato; I have lost myself."
 
Zagato smiled truly for once. "It's all right…Innouva; are you sure you want to revert back? Because, once you revert to your true form, you shan't be able to return back to the form you now have."
 
"I know, My Liege-Lord," Innouva answered, "but I only asked you to turn me into this form so that I could wield a sword and command the 'armies' that we were able to capture, and that was it. I know that I will be more helpful in my true form, My Liege-Lord; please change me back!"
 
"All right then, Innouva." Zagato raised one of his hands as a glowing light surrounded it, and then as the sphere of light grew to become larger, it forced itself around Innouva, like flame circling, entrapping animals within its crimson crown.
 
The Sol closed his eyes to the painful and anguished screams that Innouva let out like trapped animals in a cage being set free. I hope you know what you're getting yourself into, Innouva, because the next time…I might not be able to save you, or arrive in time…
 
After the seconds of the agonizing sounds that terribly hurt Sol Zagato's ears, Innouva's true form had now come out - a dog-wolfish creature with locks of its fur in to lines erupting from his mouth with a silky fur of crème-colored softness. His eyes were wonderful amber, and the golden jewel that once rested atop the human-like Innouva's head now rested upon the forehead of the beast that had overflowed itself from Innouva's true heart.
 
"Go, Innouva," Zagato commanded. "Go and defeat those Magic Knights."
 
The dog-wolf's head bowed, and, in Innouva's - and since it was Innouva himself - voice, "Yes, My Liege-Lord."
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
"Hey, what's that?" Shidou Hikaru asked as they came upon a creature that sat patiently atop a high rock that stood before them and a volcano that was about ready to erupt if they were to make a move.
 
"I do not know," Hououji Fuu replied. "Perhaps it is friendly?"
 
"Since when have you seen a creature that looks like that and since when did you start calling it friendly?" Ryuuzaki Umi questioned, waving her two arms in the air.
 
"Careful, Magic Knights," a voice interrupted. "You wouldn't want me to tear that arm off, would you?"
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
Innouva…please be careful…
 
Ending A/N: Now, I know Zagato may seem OOC in this chapter, but through the darkness that you see on the outside, I know there's a good person inside, like the person that cared for Princess Emeraude; please R&R!