Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH: A Different Person ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Before we get onto the fic any further, I'd just like to state that I own no part of Magic Knight Rayearth; all of Rayearth, Cephiro, Autozam, and all those countries belong to CLAMP and the others who made it possible.
 
A/N: Well, to tell the truth, this is my first Rayearth fiction, so please forgive me if I get anything wrong; now, the plot is simple, so hopefully you'll like it. On with the show!
 
Summary: What if Zagato didn't love Emeraude? What if Zagato didn't love Alcione? What if he loved…a different person?
 
Rating: PG/PG13
 
Warnings: There shall be spoilers for the second half of the first series, and then the second series itself; there shall also be YAOI/SHOUNEN-AI relationships, so please don't read it if you don't like Yaoi/Shounen-Ai.
 
Pairings: Zagato/Innouva, Lantis/Eagle
 
 
MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH:
A Different Person
By TranquilityGoddess
 
Chapter One
 
A wolf-like cry howled throughout the field as Hikaru, Umi and Fuu - who were now in their second-to-the-last armor evolution - dodged a beam of light. A flash of purple light appeared before the three girls' eyes, and a familiar voice rang out through the now-quiet land.
 
"Do you not remember who I am, Magic Knights?" the voice taunted.
 
"Who in the -" Umi cried, but then Fuu gasped.
 
"The voice!" she said. "It is the same voice in the Sky Shrine when I donned my Rune-God!"
 
Another cry was sent through the air, sending chilly shivers down the trio's back. The Cephirian moon that hung lowly in the dark, brooding sky stared at the source of the voice as if saying, "Why don't you just say who you are?" as if it didn't like whoever it was that was asking the girls if they remembered.
 
Hikaru's eyes narrowed at the words Sky Shrine. There was only one person that tried to stop us that day, she concluded, so this must mean… She gasped. "Innouva?"
 
"I see you do remember, Magic Knights," Innouva replied. "Before, I was just a weakling controlled by Lord Zagato's will; but now that I am in my own form - my own true form - I have my own power to display to you, such as this."
 
A black circlet of energy appeared from one of the long locks of his fur and then blasted Hikaru down. He repeated his own process until both Fuu and Umi dropped to the ground with Hikaru. A roar escaped Innouva's wolfish features as his golden eyes locked with Hikaru's crimson eyes. "You will not escape, Magic Knights!" he shouted. "You will not defeat my Lord Zagato!"
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
"You will not defeat my Lord Zagato!"
 
"Such devotion, Innouva," Zagato mused. "And still to this day I wonder why you're still staying with me, even though you know the true intention of my heart."
 
"Please, Zagato," pleaded Princess Emeraude. "You can still stop this; Zagato, please stop now."
 
"I cannot, Princess Emeraude," Zagato answered. "And, if I do stop, I would not even let you go free; this is your palace, Princess Emeraude; your quarters are here. This is where you were required to pray from for Cephiro; below you is Cephiro. It is still holding its own ties of life, and you are here, alive and you are still praying. Give me a reason why I should let you go, Emeraude."
 
But, before Emeraude had the chance to answer, Innouva's terrible roar floated to their ears. Zagato quickly turned to find Innouva on the Mirror with a now bloody coat on his second half; he frowned. Was Innouva being beaten, even in his true form?
 
"Alcione, Lafarga, Caldina," Zagato ordered, "guard her until I get back. Or else."
 
"Well, he sure made it threatenin' enough," Caldina noted.
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
Zagato had quickly teleported to where Innouva was fighting the Three 'Magic Knights'. He stood there, hidden by clouds of trees as he watched the battle occur. The Knight of Fire's sword had appeared in her hand - Zagato noticed that it had evolved the first time he actually saw it. Zagato couldn't believe his eyes as blood gathered and pooled around Innouva's true form that had now fallen to the ground. He winced. Innouva…
 
"I…" growled Innouva as he stood up. "I will NOT lose!"
 
White aura surrounded Innouva, and Hikaru, Umi, Fuu, and even Zagato had to close his eyes and shield themselves from the blast of power that emerged from Innouva's form.
 
Once Zagato's shut eyes regained their vision, he gasped; Innouva's two locks of hair that hung loosely from his mouth had grown longer, his body had gotten larger, and his sharp ears had just gotten a bit sharper.
 
"Innouva…" he whispered lowly, but then shut his mouth quickly; he hadn't noticed his mistake. Innouva was a dog-wolf. He could hear me as if I were right next to him…
 
And indeed, Innouva heard him. The dog-wolf's head raised is way towards Zagato's direction, and then ran straight to Zagato, who hadn't been expecting the reaction from Innouva. But then again, Innouva was an unpredictable person. The dog-wolf purred as its head came in contact with Zagato's leg, and very carefully, so as to not harm the thing, petted its head. "You're hurt, Innouva."
 
"I was hurt, indeed, My Liege-Lord," agreed Innouva, "but I was harmed and injured for your plan to succeed. If you heal me, I will go out and fight them, if you wish."
 
"No, Innouva," Zagato told him; "we shall retreat as of now; I will see what I can to turn you back into your human form."
 
"But Master, this form is the only form that I have enough strength to defeat the Magic Knights with!" Innouva argued.
 
"No, Innouva," Zagato snapped. "We shall retreat as of now, is that clear?!"
 
"Yes…My Lord."
 
Ending A/N: First chapter (second, however way you want to look at it). R&R will be extremely appreciated!