Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH: A Different Person ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Before we get onto the fic any further, I'd just like to state that I own no part of Magic Knight Rayearth; all of Rayearth, Cephiro, Autozam, and all those countries belong to CLAMP and the others who made it possible.
 
A/N: Well, to tell the truth, this is my first Rayearth fiction, so please forgive me if I get anything wrong; now, the plot is simple, so hopefully you'll like it. On with the show!
 
Summary: What if Zagato didn't love Emeraude? What if Zagato didn't love Alcione? What if he loved…a different person?
 
Rating: PG/PG13
 
Warnings: There shall be spoilers for the second half of the first series, and then the second series itself; there shall also be YAOI/SHOUNEN-AI relationships, so please don't read it if you don't like Yaoi/Shounen-Ai.
 
Pairings: Zagato/Innouva, Lantis/Eagle
 
NOTE: Most of the characters—especially Lantis and Zagato (as if you didn't know that…)—might be a tad bit OOC in this chapter. Also, I guess I should've told you earlier; a bit of this supposed-to-be Anime-based fanfic mixes information with the Manga, especially towards the end of this first season, right before it goes into the second season. And on the Rune-God/Mashin confusion, I'll be alternating on those terms.
 
 
MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH:
A Different Person
By TranquilityGoddess
 
Chapter Three
 
"Lantis…" Zagato whispered again with surprised action coming from the three Magic Knights.
 
"You…know him?" Hikaru asked.
 
"Know him, Magic Knights?" Zagato retorted. "Of course I know him."
 
"I am Cail Lantis of Cephiro, younger brother of Sol Zagato of Cephiro," Lantis introduced. "How dare you kill the one that my brother trusted so much?"
 
Umi couldn't stand it any longer as her rapier suddenly glowed and her armor changed; the same started happening with Fuu, and then Hikaru. Umi got out of the glow first, and then growled, "We didn't kill Innouva!"
 
"Can you prove that?" Lantis challenged.
 
Smiling sadly at Zagato who was grasping Innouva's youthful body in his arms, and then he turned away, not wanting to see his brother cry; he had truly cared for Innouva…but these Magic Knights…they would pay! Then, his smile turned to a growl—one only familiar to Eagle Vision of Autozam. It was the Legend of the Magic Knights that had driven him out of Cephiro and into the industrialized world of Autozam, but he'd never guess that it would be the legend of the Magic Knights that would bring him back to Cephiro. Maybe, he thought, just maybe I can go back to Autozam. But would he want to go back to Autozam? Or would he want to stay here, in Cephiro, to finally serve Emeraude once again? Then again, it was Lafarga assigned to the Princess, so it would have been useless if he were to go back as Head of Princess Emeraude's Private Guard; however, that gave him the advantage to finally serve the princess in an unnoticed way, still as Cail, but not Head of the Private Guard; but what job could do that path?
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
Hikaru's ears echoed Rayearth's words. "Show unto me the strength of thy heart!" She closed her eyes. Strength of my heart? Hikaru asked herself. Her new armor now with a cape and a knee-length dress of crimson shade glowed. She drew her sword, and finally turned to Lantis. "We didn't kill Innouva!" she shouted to him. "WE DIDN'T KILL INNOUVA!"
 
Her willpower grew to its near-maximum, and Zagato and Lantis stepped back a few. As soon as Hikaru screamed "RUBY LIGHTNING" a newer figure was introduced to the Cephirian battlefield, protecting Zagato and Lantis, as well as Innouva's lifeless body.
 
Lantis easily recognized it as the FTO of the Autozamian country. And then, suddenly, Eagle's voice muttered, "FTO…go."
 
The FTO's left 'hand' grew a light and dragged light particles from the Flame Shrine as a sphere grew on the FTO's charger. Eagle suddenly blasted down the three standing Magic Knights. The Magic Knights stared hard at the FTO without knowing where it came from, and if ever, who was in it. But Lantis seemed to know. He stepped forward and called out silently, "Eagle!"
 
Zagato called telepathically, Alcione… Alcione, can you hear me?
 
He was thankful when Alcione's voice replied, Yes, My Lord?
 
Teleport quickly to the Flame Shrine—the volcano right next to the ocean temple, the Sea Shrine where the Mashin Selece used to lay. Hurry, Alcione!
 
Yes, My Lord.
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
Alcione bowed towards Emeraude and then teleported quickly off to join Lord Zagato. When she arrived at the Flame Shrine, she was shocked to see a face so uncannily like Lord Zagato's. She turned to Zagato for an explanation, and he said calmly, "Hello, Alcione; meet my younger brother, Cail Lantis."
 
Alcione closed her eyes as her head bowed slowly. "Cail Lantis," she acknowledged.
 
"Sorceress Alcione," he returned.
 
The sorceress turned to the Magic Knights; she smiled wickedly and bitterly at the same time. She raised her staff and, with the help of the will—since Cephiro was the country of the will where wills control power—cast a spell on the Magic Knights, but most of it fazed and directed towards Umi. "ICE BLADE!"
 
The spell she cast was suddenly combined with Zagato and Lantis' Lightning Assault and the FTO's attack; the combined attacks forced the Magic Knights to stagger back. But then, who wouldn't when you had at least four people attacking you with strong attacks? All of them formed a circle around Innouva's fallen body, Zagato covering front, Eagle the back, Alcione to the left, and Lantis to the right.
 
Eagle stepped out carefully of the FTO. Even though his identity didn't want to be revealed yet, it just seemed that identity didn't matter any more. Closing his eyes as he stepped out, unfamiliar Autozamian energy surrounded the Flight Commander of the NSX, mental energy. It wasn't too unfamiliar to the Autozamian, but Zagato, Lantis, and Alcione smartly stepped forward a few spaces, just in case this was some sort of 'hidden secret' the Autozamians kept to themselves and not told anyone else; they could respect that, even though it would seem like either Fahren or Chizeta full of the mysterious acts… However, it seemed that the power was only the true extent of Eagle's willpower, and to Zagato and the others, it seemed strong enough to conquer Hikaru—who, out of the three Magic Knights, had the strongest will of all, maybe even a high extent of power high enough to rival Princess Emeraude's!
 
Telepathically, though not unfamiliarly, Eagle commanded, FTO…go!
 
Lantis turned to his friend instantly. He could command the FTO telepathically?!
 
The FTO rose high about almost as tall as the door of the Flame Chamber and suddenly disappeared in a flash of light. Go back to Autozam, FTO; transmit the information that you've recorded. We'll need it for future missions. The FTO—from the outside of the Flame Shrine—did its job and headed back to Autozam. Eagle closed his eyes. Telepathically controlling a mecha took energy out of him that was sure.
 
Hikaru, Fuu, and Umi suddenly stepped back from the man's outburst of energy. Hikaru found her voice and, while trembling, asked, "Who are you?"
 
"I am Eagle Vision of Autozam," Eagle replied, "Captain of the NSX, son of the President of Autozam."
 
"What was that thing you controlled?" Umi questioned.
 
Eagle closed his eyes. "The FTO." He opened them. Let's see what Autozamian energy can do in Cephiro. He reached down to his left boot, opened it, and then removed something in a circular shape. He attached it to his left glove and then fired three shots, leaving three bullets in the area of the Flame Shrine that the Knights covered. The bullets exploded, and suddenly the Knights were covered in smoke. Through the smoke, all four of the considered 'enemies' of Cephiro could hear the three Knights cough. Well, that may not be all, Lantis decided. Eagle has secrets not even Geo knows about…
 
As the smoke cleared, Fuu asked, "What kind of country is Autozam, Sir Eagle?"
 
Sir Eagle? NSX's captain silently laughed. Well, she's respectable. I wonder…
 
"Autozam is an industrialized country," Lantis answered for him.
 
"She asked Eagle! Not you!" Umi commented.
 
"I'll let Lantis be my spokesperson, if he wants to," Eagle said, smiling softly at the Knights.
 
That's a habit I now hate, Lantis concluded, smiling at the enemy. Through the looks of Alcione and Zagato, he could tell they agreed with him.
 
"Autozam, being a land of machinery and machines, needs the peoples' mental energy to control things, simple as that," Eagle continued instead, since Lantis seemed to be just a tad bit angry…
Zagato seemed to have forgotten his rage, but sorrow still reigned. He closed his eyes and murmured a soft, "Lightning Ball, Come Forth," while Alcione followed him with a silent, "Ice Spear." Lantis turned questionably towards his older brother and the sorceress. Try to attack in a simpler way, Zagato, Lantis advised. How does fighting with the sword find in your mind?
 
Agreed. Using his magic, Zagato conjured a threatening-looking sword. It was at a round circumference at its base, right atop the handle and before the black blade that came with a sharp tip. Lantis brought out his Light-Sword—one, that, with Zagato's armor, could open the Crown Room in the Cephirian Castle—and turned it officially 'on'. Alcione used her magic and made a sword out of ice, a rapier, most possibly, and Eagle projected his 'holographic' sword—which looked particularly real. With a sudden charge, Eagle started first, running to go ahead with Fuu Hououji, Knight of Wind. Eagle smiled. This girl was good at sword-fighting, but was she good at…
 
Eagle raised his sword, flipped back onto a pillar of rock, and then slashed his sword, sending a wave of air pressure heading towards Fuu. "Winds of—!" But Fuu had no time to call her protection spell; the air pressure went at a rapid pace, and suddenly, she fell down to her feet, her sword back in her glove-jewel. She stared at it confusedly. "Autozam is a country where mental energy converts to power, Magic Knight," Eagle explained, "and Cephiro is a land of the will; when combining mental energy and will, it's most probable that an Autozamian can quickly produce your sword, hold it, even though made of Escudo, and place it back in your glove-jewel."
 
All stopped their fighting. Zagato looked at Eagle. "When touching a weapon made of Escudo for a Magic Knight, it is most likely, Eagle Vision, that the opposing wielder would have something wrong done to them."
 
Alcione and Lantis nodded in understanding and agreement. "Oh really? Knight of Fire, hand me your sword."
 
Hikaru was reluctant, but threw it to Eagle, who caught it deftly. The sword glowed a fire-colored brightness, threatening to hurt Eagle, but Eagle seemed well to do with swords made of Escudo. He threw it back to the Knight of Fire.
 
Lantis dismissed the discovery, still thinking deeply and was troubled of Innouva's death. Zagato noticed his younger brother's dilemma but told him softly, "Please don't think of it. Lantis, go back to Autozam. Bring Innouva's corpse with you, along with Eagle. Alcione and I shall return to the palace; if Innouva reigns in the palace where Princess Emeraude is, I shall think of it longer and grieve. Take it, Lantis."
 
Lantis turned to Eagle to see if he agreed, and was relieved. Eagle raised his communicator, and quickly commanded, "Geo, send the NSX to Cephiro; Lantis and I need a ride back."
 
"The NSX?!" Geo shouted from the other line.
 
"Yeah."
 
"You sure? The NSX still needs a bit repair from the last time President Vision used it," Zazu reminded him.
 
"Yes, Geo, Zazu."
 
"Okay. If you say so."
 
"See you soon, Magic Knights," Eagle bid farewell. Lantis carried Innouva in his arms. Zagato and Alcione were left.
 
"Well, Magic Knights, it seems donning your Mashin might or might not be this day," Zagato snickered. "Until the next."
 
He and Alcione teleported.
 
"Magic Knight," Rayearth said, "you hath proven the strength of thy heart; however, thou art not ready to don thee yet. I shall wait in thy heart until the time is redeemed."
 
Ending A/N: Forgive me if it's a bit short; now, about Hikaru not being able to prove the strength of her heart and don Rayearth is because she'll only be able to don it later more in the story; after all, that would ruin the whole plot if she received Rayearth's permission now. And on Eagle being able to handle Escudo weapons that would be explained later, later on in the 'second season.' R&R please!