Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH: A Different Person ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Before we get onto the fic any further, I'd just like to state that I own no part of Magic Knight Rayearth; all of Rayearth, Cephiro, Autozam, and all those countries belong to CLAMP and the others who made it possible.
 
A/N: Well, to tell the truth, this is my first Rayearth fiction, so please forgive me if I get anything wrong; now, the plot is simple, so hopefully you'll like it. On with the show!
 
Summary: What if Zagato didn't love Emeraude? What if Zagato didn't love Alcione? What if he loved…a different person?
 
Rating: PG/PG13
 
Warnings: There shall be spoilers for the second half of the first series, and then the second series itself; there shall also be YAOI/SHOUNEN-AI relationships, so please don't read it if you don't like Yaoi/Shounen-Ai.
 
Pairings: Zagato/Innouva, Lantis/Eagle
 
MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH:
A Different Person
By TranquilityGoddess
 
Chapter Four
 
Eyes really weren't the reflector of the soul, of the heart; besides, who could prove that? Eagle stared out the screen of the NSX as it shepherd itself out of Cephiro's blue skies. What would become of Cephiro once its Pillar was eradicated? The very thought of he having to invade Lantis' country was fresh in his mind, but there was no doubt that he could not say "no" to any request of President Vision, no matter how much he despised the thought of invading Cephiro…. But why was he, Eagle Vision, now thinking of invading Cephiro now when its Pillar was still alive? Despite not wanting to think of it, threatening visions suddenly entered his mind. Blood…there was so much blood…on his hand?! What in the…
 
"Eagle," Lantis asked softly. "Are…you all right?"
 
"Huh?" Eagle snapped out of his revere and turned to Lantis, that fake smile plastered on his face. However desperately he wanted Lantis to think he was as cheerful as before, his sad eyes betrayed him.
"Oh, don't worry about me, Lantis. I'm fine."
 
Lantis looked at him awkwardly. "Don't try to hide it, Eagle. Your eyes show everything."
 
"Do eyes really reflect the true feeling of a person, Lantis?"
 
The Cail was taken aback by Eagle's question. It was a common saying in Cephiro that the eyes were the usual things that reflect feelings and heart, as well as the soul. But, seeing as Lantis knew Cephiro was a completely differentiated world from Autozam, perhaps the saying wasn't at all common and frequently used. Seeing as, though not truly understanding, why Eagle would even ask the question, Lantis closed his eyes before replying, "Why do you ask?"
 
"I wanted to know if you meant what you said the other day, Lantis," Eagle answered. "Was it true; because your eyes seemed to betray you all the more when you said it? Furthermore, I could feel your pulsating heart; it, too, was betraying every word that you said. Can you prove to me that all you said was true? Or was it all lies?"
 
Keeping amethyst away from topaz, Lantis opened his eyes and turned the opposite direction from Eagle. "I will…check on Innouva…" He then left the room.
 
I knew it was all lies, Eagle thought. But why won't he admit it? Does he conceal more than he tends to lead me to?
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
He knew he was treading on thin ice, but for the sake of trying to confront the Magic Knights in that current state, he couldn't take it any longer. It seemed he wasn't as useful as he thought. Perhaps it was better this way than that way. Crystalline, golden eyes opened themselves with hardship. He didn't want to lie to Sol Zagato, but it seemed he really had to. Only he would know but maybe not him—wait, who was that at the door? Oh. It was Lantis, Sol Zagato's younger brother. What could he possibly want, unless of course…he'd figured out his secret, which was a possibility?
 
Lantis' footsteps came closer. "So," Lantis' deep voice said. "You're awake."
 
With difficulty, Innouva nodded lightly. Lantis kneeled beside him.
 
"What led you to do that, Innouva?" Lantis queried. "Why? What? Who?"
 
"As for why, I have no idea, but I wanted to do something," Innouva answered. "As for what, I really can't explain. For who Sol Zagato."
 
There was no more reason to keep playing his façade, his fake truth. Innouva finally let it out to Zagato's brother—if he'd bottled it up any longer, he would have died by himself right there from the pain it caused him. Lantis nodded; as much as he wanted to say "no," he knew it was impossible. Zagato and Innouva, Innouva and Zagato…the both of them had some sort of invisible bond that, if you looked close enough, you would be able to notice, like a thin line connecting both of them.
 
Weakly, Innouva sat up. "Please leave me, Lantis," he whispered. "I need time to think by myself."
 
"Of course." Lantis stood up adjusting the Autozamian headset he wore; he noticed just now that Innouva, too, was wearing an Autozamian headset; had Geo changed Innouva's clothes? Or had Eagle? Lantis dismissed the thought, and then exited.
 
Once Lantis was out of the room, the tears he had held back for so long finally released themselves. "I'm sorry, Lord Zagato," Innouva cried. "I'm sorry…"
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
Lantis headed straight to where the Autozamian Commander and Sub-Commander usually had their 'meetings' or discussions. He opened the door, and inside found Eagle by himself, sipping a drink of tea. The sad eyes seemed sadder than before, and Lantis noticed the distraction in Eagle's eyes as well.
 
"Why can't you just tell me, Lantis?" Eagle questioned without turning around.
 
"Tell you…what, Eagle?" Lantis was—apparently—dumbfounded. What was Eagle talking about?
 
"Tell me the truth, Lantis," Eagle snapped coldly. "Do you love me or not?"
 
Well, Eagle finally realized it, didn't he? By feigning nervousness, Lantis was able to get Eagle actually mad about something; but did it have to be this soon? He wasn't even prepared yet. He hadn't expected Eagle to take it so personally, but it seemed he had. "I do, Eagle."
 
Eagle finally turned to face Lantis, and the Cail was shocked to see Eagle's tear-streaked face and the sea of tears flowing from his golden eyes. It crushed Lantis' heart to see Eagle's beautiful face so sad…and lonely-like. Eagle prevented Lantis from seeing more of his eyes by closing them. He suddenly broke down and slumped to his knees. Lantis quickly ran to his side, and placed his arms around the younger man's slender waist. "Stop crying, Eagle," Lantis cooed.
 
"So you do, don't you…I'm glad," Eagle answered. "I'm sorry for my actions earlier; it's just that your previous actions seemed to…think and say differently from you yourself."
 
"Oh Eagle," Lantis sighed. The Cail hugged Eagle tightly. "Ever since I'd arrived at Autozam, I'd felt this strange tingling within me. And then it became stronger when I met you; I don't know how to explain all of it."
 
"You know," Eagle suggested, "a simple 'I love you' would do, Lantis."
 
"Well," Lantis agreed, "I guess it would. I love you, Eagle."
 
"And I, you, Lantis," Eagle replied.
 
Eagle's softly crying golden eyes looked up at Lantis' nonchalant and melancholy amethysts. Lantis raised a hand to wipe away the salty tears from Eagle's soft cheeks, lingering softly when he reached Eagle's lips. Replacing his fingers with his lips, Lantis kissed Eagle. Eagle, at first, was a bit surprised, but softly answered with a gentle and yet firm kiss. The Flight Commander closed his eyes as their kiss deepened. Lantis followed in suit. Eagle wrapped his arms around Lantis' neck while Lantis kept his firm grip on Eagle's waist. They parted, and Eagle told Lantis, "You will never know how long I've waited for that, Lantis."
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
The Mashin will arrive in due time. Perhaps he will still have time to recuperate...
 
Ending A/N: It was mostly Eagle/Lantis centered, but oh well. On Innouva not being dead, this proves to be an important part of the plot. OOC-ness reigns once more, so I apologize. Should I keep apologizing though, since its always going to be the same apology in every single chapter? I know I didn't mention the three Knights, nor has Zagato appeared at least once, nor any of the characters. On Lafarga still being controlled by Zagato (mentioned in previous chapters), this also proves to be an important part later. On Ascot not being with Zagato anymore, he's now with the Magic Knights. Clef has not been turned to stone, and Presea was not killed by Ascot's monster, so the presence of Sierra in season II isn't required. R&R please!