Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH: A Different Person ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Before we get onto the fic any further, I'd just like to state that I own no part of Magic Knight Rayearth; all of Rayearth, Cephiro, Autozam, and all those countries belong to CLAMP and the others who made it possible.
 
A/N: Well, to tell the truth, this is my first Rayearth fiction, so please forgive me if I get anything wrong; now, the plot is simple, so hopefully you'll like it. On with the show!
 
Summary: What if Zagato didn't love Emeraude? What if Zagato didn't love Alcione? What if he loved…a different person?
 
Rating: PG/PG13
 
Warnings: There shall be spoilers for the second half of the first series, and then the second series itself; there shall also be YAOI/SHOUNEN-AI relationships, so please don't read it if you don't like Yaoi/Shounen-Ai. OOC-ness.
 
Pairings: Zagato/Innouva, Lantis/Eagle
 
Note: Also, thank you to SnowyBlackOwl for telling me the correct way to spell Alcyone's name! And finally, hopefully I made this chapter funny!
 
MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH:
A Different Person
By TranquilityGoddess
 
Chapter Five
 
A strange surge of power coursed through him from his staff; what was this power…this incredible presence in Cephiro? To tell truthfully, it was not Cail Lantis, and it was not the Magic Knight of Fire either; what power was this? He tapped his staff once gently on the marble floor of the castle. An image suddenly formed on the circular screen on the ceiling, and he looked up. It was not of Cephiro. It was a battleship of green and silver with blinking lights and a tremendous amount of wires. It only seemed fit for Autozam to be controlling the battleship, but what did Autozam have to do with Cephiro? He sighed, and tapped the staff once more, the image suddenly ceasing to appear. So the energy was of Autozam. The question was, however, was it Autozam's power, or was it someone from Autozam with the power that strong? Clef suddenly collapsed. It was too much power for him to measure. With a sudden shiver, he slumped into cloudiness and darkness, just before he heard a voice call out, "Guru Clef!"
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
Amethyst suddenly opened. They looked at their surroundings, before resting on the pair of golden eyes already opened before him. The golden eyes immediately closed themselves; Eagle felt himself blush. From what, however, he didn't know. He'd been staying with Lantis through the whole course of the journey from Cephiro to Autozam, and he had never blushed before. But maybe it wasn't caused by Lantis at all. He looked up at Lantis, and smiled, this time a real smile with no sadness behind them. His once sad eyes finally turned into cheerful orbs as he said, "Good morning, Lantis."
 
"Morning, Eagle," Lantis replied. He used his hand to brush the silvery hair out of Eagle's eyes and placed a kiss on his forehead.
 
"We should get dressed," Eagle pointed out, still smiling. "We'll be arriving in Autozam soon."
 
"You know, I'd like you as you are now," Lantis teased.
 
Eagle's eyes widened. "No!" he gasped aghast. "I can't let my father see me like this!"
 
Lantis smiled. "You, Lantis," Eagle threatened. "You will die when we get to Autozam!"
 
"I'd like to see you try," Lantis challenged, "for if I remember correctly, I was the first to defeat your FTO."
 
Eagle fumed, his calm composure lost. "L-A-N-T-I-S!!" he screamed with full frustration. Lantis backed away; an angry Eagle wasn't one think you wanted to have right in front of you, or anywhere near you. Eagle suddenly smiled at him. "Wanna cup of tea?"
 
Lantis finally lost his cool composure. "Eagle, die!"
 
Eagle laughed, but suddenly he remembered. "Weren't we supposed to get dressed, Lantis?" he said in that soft tone of his.
 
"You are too much sometimes, Eagle," Lantis answered, shaking his head. I can't believe I lost it! In front of Eagle, nonetheless!
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
Hikaru sighed as she sat down on a large rock. Her usually cheerful and enthusiastic self was long gone. It was now that they had revived the three Mashin of Cephiro but none of them have been able to don any Mashin yet, not even her! Umi and Fuu seemed to have the same thing running in their minds; why hadn't any of them been able to don a Mashin of Cephiro? More questions came into their mind when they remembered the white 'FTO' from 'Autozam.' Where was Autozam? Could they really trust what Eagle Vision said—that Autozam was an industrialized country? Could they believe that there actually was another world—other than Cephiro and Earth?
 
But then, all three of them smiled. Now that they had revived the Mashin, they could go save Princess Emeraude! However, what were they to do when Zagato was still in their way? Umi frowned in frustration and then shouted, "I can't take this anymore!"
 
"Miss Umi!" Fuu gasped.
 
"Umi!" Hikaru turned to look at her with a confused-dazed look on her face.
 
"I'm just tired sick of reviving these Rune-Gods but then not being able to don them! PLUS, we don't have a clue as to WHERE Zagato is keeping Princess Emeraude! Does Princess Emeraude even want to be saved?! What's Autozam? Where's Autozam?! We don't have enough information to even DO what we're doing NOW!"
 
"Pupupu! Puu!" Mokona held his pu's to a whine. Suddenly, his gem turned a silver color.
 
"Magic Knights…"
 
Umi, Hikaru, and Fuu turned to the voice. "Clef!" Umi squealed. "It's been a while!"
 
"Yes, it has," Clef agreed. "But now, I fear a newer enemy other than Zagato has arrived; I'm sure you've met them, right?"
 
"Do you mean Autozam, Sir Clef?" Fuu asked gently.
 
Clef smiled at Fuu's politeness, but then his face turned dead serious again when he heard 'Autozam.' "And so you have met Autozam," Clef said. "I must warn you. Cail Lantis, younger brother of Sol Zagato, came from Autozam. I don't trust him as much as I used to."
 
"As much as you used to, Clef," Hikaru questioned. "You mean you've met him before?"
 
"Well, yes," Clef replied. "He was my pupil along with Alcyone—" Umi made a face and snorted at the sorceress's name, "—Princess Emeraude, and Zagato."
 
"You taught them as well?" Fuu queried, her emerald eyes wide, therefore ruining her face's calm and usually elegant composure.
 
Clef nodded. "I have not much time left to talk with you girls; you must figure a way to get Autozam's NSX out of Cephirian skies."
 
"Wait, Clef," Hikaru stated simply. "Lantis is on that ship, and I know you don't trust him anymore; give them three hours Cephirian time—which is—"
 
"Six hours Autozam time," Clef told her gently.
 
"Six hours Autozam time, yes," Hikaru answered, "to let them get out; if not, we'll go chase them."
 
"But how? We don't fly Hikaru!" Umi cried exasperatedly.
 
It was true; none of them knew how to fly, and none of them had donned their Mashin—and it could've been useful as well, since both Selece and Windam had a pair of wings; then another question made its way into Hikaru's mind: Why didn't Rayearth have wings?
 
"I need to go, Magic Knights," Clef told them. Mokona's forehead jewel glowed silver once more, and then changed back to its red, and jumped into Hikaru's arms.
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
The NSX has arrived. A mechanical voice rang out through the industrialized country. President Vision growled, vowing to get Eagle the moment he got out of the NSX. He got his own Hovercar—a selection out of many—and sped out of his room. Eagle was going to die. Figuratively of course; he wouldn't kill the heir of the Autozamian throne; besides, who was going to lead the invasion once Cephiro's Pillar was gone? It was certainly not going to be himself! He had a country to run!
 
"EAGLE!" President Vision shouted. "EAGLE, GET DOWN HERE!"
 
From inside, Eagle and Lantis exchanged looks. Geo looked at both of them. How I'm glad Zazu didn't come… Geo muttered.
 
Eagle pleaded, "Bid me good luck…"
 
"Good luck," uttered Geo and Lantis told him, each exchanging amused looks.
 
"Hey! You try and go see what my—" Eagle said, but he got broken off.
 
"E-A-G-L-E!!" his father shouted. "EAGLE, GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW!"
 
Shoot… Eagle thought. Why me?
 
The son of the president went down, hiding his face from the crowd that had already gathered, his head hanging down in shame, flushing right before his father. Without looking up, he asked ashamedly, "Yes, Father?"
 
Eagle's father's tone was deathly quiet—a tone you never wanted to get out of the president of Autozam. "What were you doing getting the NSX out of its repair time when its Ragna Cannons weren't working yet, Eagle?"
 
"Uh…it was the only ride available?" Eagle innocently feigned.
 
His father threw his hands exasperatedly above his head as Eagle scratched his head unsurely, laughing nervously.
 
"Who is on that ride, Eagle?" President Vision queried in that soft, deathly quiet tone of his.
 
"Well, Geo, Lantis and—"
 
"Lantis?!" his father shrieked. "That BOY is a bad influence on you, Eagle! He's from an enemy country—" and his father ranted on and on and on about how they were going to invade Cephiro once its Pillar was eradicated, and he did so on and on and on until…
 
"Father, this is getting nowhere," Eagle sighed exasperatedly. "Lantis went back to Cephiro to find his brother, but then found that his brother's friend had been killed—or so we thought. His brother, Zagato, then told us to bring the live body back here to Autozam; but I had already sent my FTO back—" Zazu nodded from his place right after he closed the hatch "—and so we had no ride. Lantis' Spirit Beast—Seijyu, as they call them—wasn't going to be fast enough, and neither was my Hovercar. So, the choice came to be the NSX."
 
His father's eye twitched. Madly. And his voice was back to that deathly-quite, unearthly tone of his. "You could've taken the Windstar, Eagle, or even the Breezeflight, but why, why, why did it have to be the NSX?!"
 
"The Windstar didn't have enough speed, Father, and the Breezeflight was too cramped!" Eagle whined.
 
"SPEED never bothered you, Eagle! Why would it—?!"
 
And suddenly, the president stopped talking. "Stop shouting, old man." Innouva's voice rebounded on all of the hushed and silenced people of Autozam; most looked offended. Others looked ready to kill Innouva. "Great," Innouva sighed. "You've disturbed my sleep…"
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
Identical amethyst eyes of Lantis' fluttered open. Through a shocking burst of energy, Zagato felt stronger nonetheless, but what…then he remembered the effects of "Flesh of the Wolf;" if its user had sacrificed his or herself for a person they love, the person they love would know whether he or she was still alive! Did this mean Innouva was still in the land of the living…? Or was it just another hallucination that just happened to occur that same time the "Flesh of the Wolf's" effect was to take place? Shaking his head in not understanding, Zagato closed his eyes and tried to get sleep.
 
Ending A/N: Another chapter done; so, how was the comedy?
 
Review Notes: Well, wow! I actually received reviews! Long reviews! A thousand thanks to SnowyBlackOwl for the wicked-awesome corrections in the fic; thanks for telling me the spelling of Alcyone's name. I get confused with the i and the y part of her name. I'm glad you liked all of it. ((blushes proudly)) I'm glad you like it! This is actually the first time I've had anybody quote me, or anything, so thanks a bunches!