Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH: A Different Person ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Before we get onto the fic any further, I'd just like to state that I own no part of Magic Knight Rayearth; all of Rayearth, Cephiro, Autozam, and all those countries belong to CLAMP and the others who made it possible.
 
A/N: Well, to tell the truth, this is my first Rayearth fiction, so please forgive me if I get anything wrong; now, the plot is simple, so hopefully you'll like it. On with the show!
 
Summary: What if Zagato didn't love Emeraude? What if Zagato didn't love Alcione? What if he loved…a different person?
 
Rating: PG/PG13
 
Warnings: There shall be spoilers for the second half of the first series, and then the second series itself; there shall also be YAOI/SHOUNEN-AI relationships, so please don't read it if you don't like Yaoi/Shounen-Ai. OOC-ness.
 
Pairings: Zagato/Innouva, Lantis/Eagle
 
Note: This is where things get interesting (please get your heads out of the gutters); the plot changes around a bit from the real Magic Knight Rayearth I/II series; and, instead of it being a shadow of Hikaru's heart, it's a shadow of Eagle's. But, other than the cool twists I have on the way, it's the same old, same old stuff.
 
 
MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH:
A Different Person
By TranquilityGoddess
 
Chapter Six
 
Eagle sighed as President Vision finally got over his ranting stage and finally let Eagle go—after Innouva granted him the ability to speak again. The Flight Commander must have thanked Innouva over a thousand times that time. Lantis gave Innouva a tour of Autozam, and then finally showed the Seijyu where he was to sleep—two rooms down from the room where Lantis and Eagle were sharing. Innouva smiled sadly once he retired into the amazingly soft bed of Autozam. Lord Zagato…
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
"Are they ready yet, Hawk?" a devilishly-sounding woman's voice hissed.
 
"Yes, My Lady," the one called Hawk replied. "They should destroy Autozam in no time."
 
"Good, good," the woman intoned, and she laughed a cruel laugh that could've made even the strongest monsters in any place crumble in fear.
 
Eagle, drenched with sweat, suddenly sat up in his bed. He was…panting? What had happened that had tired him out so much…? He looked beside him. Lantis was still asleep. Good. But…who… Hawk and some unknown person…what in the world was…? Eagle hugged his knees and buried his face in his arms, tears flailing down. Every night, it's that same dream, Eagle thought, and every night it's about destroying Autozam… But Autozam never had any enemies before… Who was trying to kill—or perhaps just get even—with Autozam and its people? Why was it now, when Autozam was in a dire situation?!
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
A swarm of monsters with wings appeared before them. Hikaru drew her fully-evolved sword, Umi and Fuu following her actions. The Fire Knight jumped boldly into the sky as she slashed down a monster. Purple blood suddenly emerged from the monster's left wing, clouded Hikaru's senses, and the girl fainted. The same thing had happened to Umi and Fuu. Their swords fell down to the ground with a bang! sound. Mokona pu'd slightly before vanishing into thin air, the forehead on its jewel turning into an evil glint of black.
 
A figure suddenly appeared, a young man no older than most probably nineteen or twenty, and smiled where Mokona had vanished.
 
"Little twit," he cackled maliciously. "You'll never know; annoying little pecks like those really could get useful someday. Now, as for these little critters…"
 
He turned to Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu; he raised his hand as a black light surrounded it with black lightning. But black light? Damn it all. The abyss encompassed Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu, and then he disappeared, leaving an echo of "No…please, don't do this!" behind.
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
"Really now, Eagle, I don't think taking them into the NSX really isn't a good idea," a voice hovered above them.
 
"Father was kind enough to let me use it again," another replied.
 
"Thanks to me, it was," yet another scoffed. "Well, I mean, it's thanks to me that I fixed the NSX before your father could have your hide for taking it out again." Ruby eyes adjusted to the light as Hikaru opened her eyes again; she tried to lift one hand to rub her eyes, but evidently found her chained to some sort of seat.
 
"Flame…" she tried, but she didn't contain enough power.
 
She turned her head to the side, and saw the three figures whose voices she'd heard just before, and what she saw shocked her to her core; she didn't want to believe it. Did she have to believe it? Did she want to believe it? Hikaru's naturally happy and enthusiastic eyes were so suddenly narrowed as she turned to look upon the man that captured her—or she thought had captured her, Eagle Vision of Autozam.
 
Beside her, she could fell two other bodies moving. She turned, and saw Umi and Fuu there, just waking up. Hikaru smiled and sighed, but her smile suddenly turned to a frown of frustration towards Eagle Vision. But it seemed Umi got to her faster. "What's the deal with capturing us all of a sudden?!" she barked, and then added, "What's the deal with these weird clothes?!"
 
"I'd rather have it that you don't insult my country, now that, of course, you are in Autozamian territory, Magic Knights," Eagle responded.
 
"We're in…where?" Hikaru questioned suddenly.
 
"The NSX, the supreme battleship of Autozam," the first voice said. Hikaru turned to it, and saw a man around his early twenties with a scar right under his mouth shaped in an x.
 
It was, apparently, still Umi's turn to continue. "Well, tell us then, what the heck is the deal with these weird clothes?!" She pointed to herself, and 'stated' the obvious. She wore a headset like any other Autozamian with a blue lining and cord that adjoined her head with her left shoulder. She was wearing a dress about up to knee-length with one blue stocking reaching up to her skirt, and one reaching up just right above the metallic-typed shoes she was now wearing. The dress included a white belt with a lot of pockets, and everything was in a deep blue color—light blue if you wanted to count the stockings and the ruffles inside the lower part of Umi's dress. She then pointed to Hikaru and Fuu, who had correspondingly a deep crimson/light red and dark emerald/light green color, but then she noticed a different in Hikaru's; it wasn't just a single-piece dress, but a two-pieced dress, a part for the shirt and a part for the skirt. There was also a slight split of about one inch at the base and then narrowing when it reached the top of the skirt, and had a black outline, which therefore showed part of the ruffles that protected the inside. "And why exactly does Hikaru have a slight change in her clothes, hm?"
 
"Lantis said it would've been best if we singled her out, you know," Eagle said. "Now, I don't believe we've ever been properly introduced, since of course we met in battle. I am Eagle Vision of Autozam, Flight Commander of the NSX."
 
"I'm Geo Metro, Sub-Commander of the NSX," the first voice introduced.
 
"And I'm Zazu Torque, Chief Mechanic of the NSX," the third voice cried. "And next time, Magic Knights, I'll take it that you won't do any damage on the FTO, right?"
 
"The what?" Hikaru queried.
 
"The FTO," Zazu explained, "is that white fighting mechanized machine that Eagle can be seen piloting; the last time he protected Lantis and his brother and whatever-his-name-was, the shields got busted. That's the second time that thing got busted! And the first was enough!"
 
Eagle laughed silently as he watched Zazu keep ranting on and on about how the FTO was to be treated properly. "You know, Zazu, you're beginning to sound like my father," he commented, and Zazu paled.
 
"Even though I'd think of it as an honor to be compared to President Vision, I'd rather not, Eagle," Zazu stammered.
 
"I'm sorry," Fuu apologized so suddenly. "In the midst of everything, I had forgotten myself. My name is Fuu Hououji; it is a pleasure to meet you."
 
"Say sorry all you want, Fuu," Umi snorted, "but they're still from Autozam! Either way, since she already did it, I'm Umi Ryuuzaki."
 
"And I am Hikaru Shidou," Hikaru responded reluctantly.
 
The door to the room mechanically slipped open and a clanking of armor reached their way to the Magic Knights' ears. Hikaru gasped at the person that she saw—and at the person that followed Lantis. "Innouva," she whispered silently.
 
"That's right, Magic Knight of Flames," Innouva smirked devilishly.
 
Lantis shook his head as the Knights gaped at the truth. "Believed him to be dead, didn't you, Magic Knights?" he sneered.
 
"Well," Hikaru stammered, "after we saw his dead body in the Flame Shrine—"
 
"You absolutely thought him to be dead when no forensic evidence was presented to you?" Eagle demanded while an eyebrow arched.
 
Hikaru and Umi cocked their heads to the sides; Fuu, noticing her friends' dilemma, replied, "Blood samples, or DNA, Miss Hikaru and Miss Umi, and I believe Sir Eagle has a point; we were never close enough to actually feel the pulsing of Sir Innouva's heart, which means we could not be sure if Sir Innouva was actually dead, or was barely alive."
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
"Do you plan to attack the NSX, while the Commander is onboard, My Lady?" Hawk asked.
 
"Why, yes Hawk, I do," a malicious voice laughed sourly. "Prepare the LXS!"
 
A robotic figure suddenly appeared from a door that slid open, smoke being produced from its inside. Hawk went inside the 'LXS,' and, when given the permission, blasted towards the NSX of Autozam; this should be fun! Hawk whispered, "LXS go."
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
"Something's coming our way, Commander!" Geo proclaimed. "You'd better look at it on the screen." He punched a few buttons on the NSX's control pad, and on the screen appeared another type of fighting mecha that looked amazingly like the FTO. Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu quickly got to their feet. "Where are our clothes?" Umi asked threateningly.
 
"You won't need them," Eagle responded, "because you are staying in the NSX. Zazu, open the hatch for the FTO."
 
"Right!" Zazu shouted from his place. He pushed a few buttons on the control pad in front of him, staring at the mechanized FTO in front of him. "Come back without any scratches this time, Eagle!"
 
Eagle smiled at him, laughing softly. "I'll try, Zazu; I'll try."
 
After closing the door to the FTO, Eagle sighed, "FTO go."
 
Eagle, Eagle, he heard Geo's voice transmit over the FTO's communication system.
 
Yes, Geo? Eagle asked.
 
How do you say about the GTO going with the FTO?
 
Well, it does seem rather lonely; tell Lantis to come on up here with his Seijyu too, if he wishes.
 
Agreed! Eagle could almost picture the thumbs-up Geo were to give him.
 
Geo turned to Lantis, and nodded. Zazu opened the hatch for the GTO while Lantis barked, "Creature, I Summon Thee!"
 
As soon as Geo got into the GTO, he shouted, "GTO go!"
 
The mecha blasted off just as Lantis rode on to his black horse. Take care of them for me, Innouva, he whispered silently.
 
Yes, Lantis, I shall.
 
Innouva stared hard at the three girls, before turning his attention to the screen. "Try and make one move outside the door; the Autozamian guards are outside, and your clothes are in my possession, so don't even try."
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
Hawk pouted softly; he brought company. Well, it seemed he was going to get rid of the Autozamian commander—one way or another—after all.
 
Eagle spoke first. "Who are you?"
 
"I'm hurt, Eagle, don't you recognize me?" Hawk taunted. "LXS, let's go!"
 
L…X…S? Eagle concluded.
 
"Gah—Eagle, watch out!" Geo cried out of nowhere.
 
"Ebony Annihilation," Lantis shouted, turning the attack of the LXS out of Eagle's way.
 
The black force of energy suddenly shattered Hawk's LXS's left leg. "You'll pay for that!" Hawk growled. "Rebound—Ebony Annihilation!"
 
"Barrier Circle!" Lantis hollered; a barrier of magnificent strength forced itself around Lantis, the FTO, and the GTO at the same time.
 
"I'll repeat it once more," Eagle barked, hating repetition of his words, "who are you?! What do you want with Autozam?!"
 
"I am Hawk," introduced Hawk. "And I have nothing to do with Autozam; all I want…is you, Eagle."
 
Eagle's eyes widened at the intruder's statement. Geo had had enough. He charged up the firer of the GTO, and shot multiple blasts at Hawk's LXS, who merely placed a shield and protected it and him.
 
"All I want," Hawk repeated, "is you, Eagle. I am…I am…"
 
"You are what?!" Eagle screamed with incandescent fury.
 
Suddenly, Hawk and the LXS disappeared. Lantis, Eagle, and Geo hurried back to the NSX; upon doing so, Hikaru met Eagle's eyes; she was back in her armor, and so where the other three girls! But, where was…
 
"Innouva!" Lantis gasped, noticing his brother's trusted friend on the floor, blood pooling around him.
 
"We don't have time to fool around on the NSX, Eagle Vision!" Hikaru stated simply. "We need to save Cephiro."
 
"By what?" Lantis challenged in dead whisper. "By killing my brother, do you intend to save Cephiro? You know nothing of the love that Princess Emeraude holds for my brother, Magic Knights; heed my words."
 
Ending A/N: A note on Ebony Annihilation, it's a true attack from the Anime—Zagato uses it on the three Magic Knights. Hope you enjoyed!