Magic Knight Rayearth Fan Fiction ❯ MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH: A Different Person ❯ Chapter Seven ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: Before we get onto the fic any further, I'd just like to state that I own no part of Magic Knight Rayearth; all of Rayearth, Cephiro, Autozam, and all those countries belong to CLAMP and the others who made it possible.
 
A/N: Well, to tell the truth, this is my first Rayearth fiction, so please forgive me if I get anything wrong; now, the plot is simple, so hopefully you'll like it. On with the show!
 
Summary: What if Zagato didn't love Emeraude? What if Zagato didn't love Alcione? What if he loved…a different person?
 
Rating: PG/PG13
 
Warnings: There shall be spoilers for the second half of the first series, and then the second series itself; there shall also be YAOI/SHOUNEN-AI relationships, so please don't read it if you don't like Yaoi/Shounen-Ai. OOC-ness.
 
Pairings: Zagato/Innouva, Lantis/Eagle (slight Eagle/Hawk in future chapters)
 
Note: This chapter contains partial spoilers—not much spoilers, but just a few, and for the part about the Hawk/Eagle conversations, if you'll notice, it's almost the same exactly same conversation Hikaru/Nova had. Also, if you haven't guessed by now, it's not centered on Hikaru; it's centered on Lantis/Eagle and Zagato/Innouva; the first pairing in the first half, second in the second half.
 
MAGIC KNIGHT RAYEARTH:
A Different Person
By TranquilityGoddess
 
Chapter Seven
 
The thought of him actually being alive sprung more destruction-typed thoughts in his mind; now that Eagle was flanked by those foolish men he called 'friends,' there was no way of breaking through that invisible wall of protection. However, there was still one more chance to take…but then, he would have to wait. And wait he did…for the right moment that was soon to come; what he didn't realize was that it was still a foolish plan, no matter what he would do; Eagle had the strongest heart in all of Autozam, and could have easily blocked him. However, Hawk's ambitious side never took the time to think his plan through, and therefore disappeared with it, wanting to finally destroy Eagle Vision…before he did what Destiny and Fate had both, together and side-by-side, planned. Hawk wasn't going to let this land get destroyed, even though he loathed it so much. What would Lady Debonair then control? Autozam's technological and mechanized society was not Lady Debonair's type and neither was the Arabian-like paradise of Chizeta—and honestly, Chizeta had to be the smallest out of the four countries! Fahren's Chinese affinity was too much for Debonair's liking, and all came down to Cephiro and its will-controlled strength to uphold and withstand all attacks and protect the country. It was true that Lady Debonair had the strongest will—even stronger than Eagle or Hikaru or Princess Emeraude, but what he didn't remember was the fact that only those pure of heart could become the Pillar of Cephiro…
 
Then again, that wasn't his only problem; there was that man, Lantis, to take care of… Eagle's passionate feelings had indeed increased for the Cephirian… Perhaps there was a way to use that utter lovesick fool to Eagle's destruction… Oh, choices, choices…
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
Much dispersed of the trouble that had been caused before, new troubles found their way into the NSX's board. Eagle sighed with frustration. The three Magic Knights stood in front of the door to the Control Room. "If you let us out," Hikaru proposed, "we'll move out of your way."
 
Eagle shook his head; he had another plan, anyway. "Zazu, open it now!" the commander shouted. The door to the NSX's control room opened, and the three girls saw Zazu smirk.
 
"Since when…? We didn't see you go in!" Umi stuttered.
 
Zazu kept the smirk plastered on his face as he explained. "There's an escape hatch from where I released both G and FTO that leads straight to the control room of the NSX, which therefore led me to use it, seeing as you roughly pushed a friend of Autozam out of his way."
 
"MOVE, Eagle!" Hikaru commanded in a slightly snappish tone.
 
Eagle turned to take a look at Lantis, who, along with Geo, was treating Innouva, and Zazu was still in the Control Room. Why'd it always have to be him?
 
"I will not move until you tell me why you want to save Cephiro," Eagle said simply. "Do you know the country and the people well? Do you know all there is to know behind the Legend? Why do you want to save a country you don't know a thing about—except that it's only stabilized when the Pillar is well?"
 
"Princess Emeraude was in a frantic hurry, Sir Eagle, when she summoned us to Cephiro," Fuu calmly responded. "She could not tell us anything, and neither could Master Mage Clef, since Miss Alcyone interrupted."
 
"But, from the information I gathered, you never really did want to save Cephiro, did you?" a voice explicitly like Eagle's taunted. Eagle turned around, and saw Hawk standing there.
 
"How did you…?"
 
"I am the shadow of your heart, Eagle," Hawk replied smoothly; "if you can enter the NSX without anyone noticing, I can as well. The Magic Knights—three ordinary girls—were summoned to Cephiro the day that the Pillar cried for help; and your point is correct, Eagle. What do they know about Cephiro, the country, its people, its legend, and all that has to do with Cephiro? Why are they saving a country that isn't theirs at all at will? Why bother save a country they didn't grow up in, a country they weren't born in? Tell me, Magic Knights: Why is it that you are fighting for Cephiro?"
 
The great importance of the questions Hawk asked took its toll on the three Legendary Magic Knights; why were they trying to save a country they didn't know so much about, weren't even born in, and weren't familiar to at all? What was the point of protecting an unknown country, a country where the ones they knew they didn't know so well. Why were they fighting for Cephiro?
 
Eagle suddenly rounded on Hawk. "'Shadow of my heart', did you say?" he asked suspiciously.
 
"I know all your hopes, dreams, and your deepest desires," Hawk responded, "and I know your vicious hate for being the son of the President of Autozam…"
 
Eagle's golden eyes widened in complete terror and shock, "Hawk…"
 
"It's true, isn't it?" Hawk smirked devilishly. "You see, I am you, Eagle."
 
All others watched in shock as Hawk laughed a horrible, sinister, and cruel laugh as Eagle fell to the floor, as he fell to his knees. "How…how did you get here, Hawk?" Eagle queried with absolutely no emotion; his eyes had gone dark, and blank. Geo gasped at the sight of Eagle's eyes. They were no longer the light and cheerful amber, but dark topaz—eyes that didn't hold any signs of life, love, or emotion. The feeling disposed itself into black oblivion as Eagle's mind closed itself and plunged into the darkness.
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
"Where…where in the name of Autozam am I?" Eagle queried to nobody.
 
"You're here with me, Eagle," Hawk responded, suddenly appearing out of nowhere and then smiled at Eagle in such happiness that Eagle stepped back, unsure of what to think. "Don't you dare step away!" Hawk commented. "Don't you dare step away!"
 
Eagle then turned to him with changed eyes and a light black aura surrounding him. No, a voice cried within him, you must not give up! Keep trying, Eagle! Come on!
The NSX's commander closed his eyes with a bit of hardness. He placed his free hand over his eyes as he kneeled there, one hand on the ground on both knees, his other hand on his eyes. Is it possible…? Eagle asked himself, that he is me and that I am him?
 
"Everything is true, Eagle," Hawk laughed. "And I've brought just you here, Eagle, because…I…I…"
 
Eagle looked upon him curiously.
 
"I…love you Eagle!" Hawk finished, and then continued in Eagle's ear, "I hate all the people you love, and love all the people you hate, Eagle; since you hate yourself so much, that's why…that's why I love you, Eagle!"
 
The feeling of surprise once more jumped within Eagle with a vividly rapidly-increasing pace. "Love…me…?" Eagle echoed.
 
Hawk hugged Eagle while running his hands smoothly up and down the shorter man's back. "You yourself brought me to life, Eagle," Hawk continued. "Your hate for your father, your passionate dislike for the surrounding countries that you kept under that façade, and your dedicated love to your country, your FTO, your crew, your NSX, and Lantis…"
 
"Lan…tis…" Eagle repeated slowly.
 
"And your passionate hate for your life!" Hawk stopped with zeal.
 
Eagle buried his face in the crook of Hawk's neck, sobbing uncontrollably, the movement of Hawk's hand on his back almost hypnotizing him.
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
All watched as Hawk laughed and Eagle writhed in pain within his own territorial heart; the area in which the mind was being controlled, and not the brain itself. By keeping their distance, everyone was able to keep out of range of the screams that Eagle sent out with terrible confusion written on his open-eyed face, staring blankly at Hawk the more he suffered the pain and the memories and the torturing the shadow caused the light.
 
After thinking of ridding all of Autozam of its mental-energy resource, Eagle set out against it; his family—no matter how much he loathed and disliked his father—and his friends from Autozam, Geo and Zazu…he stopped all thought of trying to rid Autozam for those he cared about. But now that Hawk was here, all secrets kept down inside the bottom of his heart and the darkest secrets kept in the oblivion of Eagle's mind were now once more reopened and once again found, re-traveled and re-dwelled into, no matter how much Eagle wanted to stop everything. His own self wasn't cooperating with him; what was going on?!
 
All the strength he pulled to actually get into that NSX, get into that FTO, go into Cephiro to save Lantis, his brother, and his brother's friend thought to be dead…was it actually all of his decisions or was somebody else controlling his own self for him? Why was this only happening to him? The chance of it ever happening to others was slim to none as he calculated it, even though squirming in indescribable that bound him to himself and the darkness that was labeled 'Hawk.' But…would Hawk really allow him to get hurt, even though he himself claimed that he loved Eagle? Perhaps so, because it was just Hawk that had attacked the NSX with is LXS in the first place. Oh, what was he to do?!
 
The Eagle inside his own heart was still sobbing uncontrollably to Hawk's opened arms; was that really Hawk there, and not an illusion of emptiness and despair? Why were the questions pouring into his already-once purified soul that had come through being born as the son of President Vision?! The soul that had once cared for his country and not hated it before…why…? Hawk had already invaded Eagle's heart; what was he going to invade next? His mind, the people he loved, what or who was Hawk going to invade next?! The territorial prepositions of Autozam was already invaded by the terrorizing thought of it fading but a memory to be left of it, Lantis had enough trouble of thinking about his brother, Cephiro, Cephiro's pillar, and Emeraude, Geo and Zazu already had their own problems, and the Three Magic Knights were every time in his way.
 
But since when did he, Eagle Vision, care about what others thought of his position in the Autozamian territories? He'd never given a single care to it, and just been his carefree and ultimate self; he would give no more than what he was, and he would give no less. Why was that so hard for the others to understand? Why was that so hard for the people of Autozam to understand?! Nobody understood him anymore. Maybe…just maybe, Hawk was his last option to escape this terrible fate… Hawk…Hawk…
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
"Shh," Hawk soothed. "It's all right, Eagle; you can stay here with me. You don't have to worry about anything else if you stay here with me…"
 
"Stay…here…with you…?" Eagle echoed.
 
Just as soon as I earn the fool's trust, Hawk thought, Autozam will be blasted into oblivion!
 
Hawk stared with the same pointed amber eyes at Eagle's now darkened eyes surrounded by the devotion to his country, the hate for his father, and mixed emotions that had finally taken over him. Lust, greed, pride, dishonesty, dishonor, all enveloped the fragile commander's heart the longer he stayed with Hawk. "Stay with me, Eagle," Hawk repeated lovingly. "Stay with me and pay no attention to those out there."
 
Eagle seemed to have no choice; his heart had stopped beating with him in rhythm all of a sudden. He nodded, and black fully engulfed him.
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
This ominous presence, Lantis thought, coming from Hawk; but it isn't Hawk's… Whose is it?
 
His attention was suddenly drawn from him as he turned to look at Eagle's blackly-engulfed body. Wisps of black circled the commander as he floated upright in the air. Hawk laughed even louder as a wisp of black drew around him and then his and Eagle's body met, back-to-back. Eagle's body mimicked every move that Hawk's did. Whenever Hawk raised an arm, Eagle raised the opposite. Soon, both of Hawk and Eagle's arms were up in the air in a V-shaped form. Onyx-colored energy then appeared as a foggy barrier around the almost-identical commander and other.
 
Onyx and black finally surrounded both Hawk and Eagle, and soon both of them disappeared, vanishing into thin air.
 
"EAGLE!" Lantis, Zazu, and Geo screamed.
 
-: - : - : - :-
 
Zagato's eyes flung open. Lantis, what's the matter, the Sol asked, terrified that something wrong had happened. Why did you scream in the middle of the morning?
 
Middle of the morning, Zagato?! Lantis' astonishing cry stated that it wasn't the 'middle of the morning' anymore. Zagato shook his head.
 
What's the matter anyway?
 
Lantis seemed to have a hard time placing his words in correct order; finally, he gasped out, Eagle's been abducted.
 
Abducted?! Zagato returned; he was shocked! How could the strongest commander in all of Autozam be abducted?!
 
I thought you just said no shouting, Lantis reprimanded.
 
Never mind that, Zagato answered; how did Eagle get 'abducted?'
 
Well, there was this man with an identical look to Eagle's who claimed to be the shadow of his heart; then suddenly, Eagle went into screaming, staring with his eyes opened at Hawk. A black ominous aura surrounded him, and then they vanished.
 
Zagato's amethyst eyes closed suddenly. 'Vanished,' did he say? He really should've paid more attention to Master Mage Clef when he, Lantis, and Alcyone learned about Heart-Shadows.
 
Ending A/N: Another chapter done; I'm so sorry for the wait. Reviews, and HUGE thanks to SnowyBlackOwl again! Quoting me is fine, trust me; I feel seriously flattered!