Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Miscalculation ❯ Chapter 3

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

In the original resort, Eva glanced at Chisame, who had activated her artifact and was now totally immersed in her task. If anyone can find a way, it's my little hacker idol Chisame, thought Eva gleefully. Chachamaru was no slouch, but with her artifact and skills, Chisame was a better cyber warrior than the gynoid. Right now, she was mapping and evaluating the network that Eva had directed her to, looking for a backdoor. With a final look at the strange mouse-like magical entities that her card generated, Eva turned to Asakura.
 
“Come with me, Kazumi-chan,” directed Eva, leading the girl out of the open-sided pavilion where Chisame was surrounded by a glowing sphere of magical energy that interfaced with the Mahora Network. Eva wondered if Chisame would realize what her true goal was. Dismissing that from her mind, she looked at the pineapple-haired `journalist'.
 
“We'll set up in the lower pavilion,” she directed the reporter, leading her down the spiral stairs. Minutes later, the pair reached the bottom of the resort, where the water lapped on a beach of pristine white sand, and a pavilion and small bungalow sat. “Activate your artifact,” ordered Eva, Kazumi doing so.
 
The artifact of the girl was shaped a lot like a camera, but this one could do a number of things that a normal camera couldn't. So far, Asakura had learned how to use it to see certain kinds of spells, to see past glamories and enchantments, and to see hidden magical artifacts. Truthfully, she was still learning how to use it.
 
“Good,” Eva went on, moving in front of the girl. “Now, see if you can see any spells on me.”
 
Kazumi looked at the small blonde though the view-finder, and spotted several tell-tales on her. “Looks like your personal barrier, some link spells, and a strange purple shroud over you,” reported Asakura. Eva nodded.
 
“You have improved some,” she murmured, licking her lips. Kazumi lowered her camera, waiting for Eva to give her her next task. Eva's tongue briefly caressed her lengthened canine teeth. It's a full moon right now, she thought, meeting Kazumi's eyes, her own darkening as she used her power to seize the other girl, much as she had with Setsuna in the competition.
 
As soon as she was sure her grip was secure, Eva moved up to Asakura, gently pushing the taller girl down so she sat on the cushioned seating bench under the stone roof of the pavilion. Smirking as she saw the clouded eyes of the girl, Eva straddled her lap as she fussily opened Kazumi's blouse, tugging the garment back to expose the throat and chest of the taller girl. An annoyed frown crossed her lips as she glanced at Asakura's impressive attributes. Third largest in the class, recalled Eva, right behind Chizuru and Kaede, and slightly ahead of Haruka, mused the chibi vampire, leaning closer. I have three of the top four in my food group, so maybe some of it might rub off on me, she absently hoped.
 
A delicate touch of her fingertip tilted and leaned back Asakura's head, exposing her neck. Settling in comfortably, Eva got a comfortable grip on her snack before daintily biting into Kazumi's neck, tasting the blood of the girl for the first time. Mm, she hummed silently, not as tasty as Negi's blood, but tasty all the same. Eva settled in to enjoy her snack. A though flickered through her mind: I wonder how Chisame will taste?
 
-
 
Across the burning, shifting sand, the sounds of combat rang. Under the broiling sun, the two warriors sparred at a level that blurred the line between sparring and actual fighting. Out of deference to Kotaro's unarmed status, Asuna was using her harisan rather than her blade, though the paper fan could do a lot more damage than most swords when it hit. Kotaro was grinning, even as he bled from some minor wounds. “You've improved a lot, Asuna-nee,” he said insolently.
 
Across from him, Asuna was panting, her entire body soaked in sweat. Her sports bra was torn and ripped from repeated attacks, leaving her only theoretically covered. Her shorts were ripped from waistband to cuff on her right hip, and a handful of cloth had been ripped from the left thigh of her shorts. Only her boots and hair bells were intact. “You're not bad yourself,” replied Asuna carelessly, her eyes on him. Kotaro was shirtless, his tee shirt having been slowly destroyed by fist, fan and synthesized kanka. His own shorts were somewhat tattered as well. He was barefoot, his feet transformed to his arguably `normal' form, claws giving him a better footing than Asuna.
 
“Negi has a good partner in you,” Kotaro said, easing to the left. Asuna countered, a small frown crossing her lips.
 
“I still have to do more,” she said quietly, her concentration on Kotaro. “How are you getting along with Ayaka, Chizuru and Natsumi-chan?” she asked, hoping for some distraction.
 
“The blonde is annoying, Chizu-nee is terrifying, and Natsumi is Natsumi,” shrugged Kotaro negligently. Asuna smirked.
 
“I think Nat-chan is sweet on you,” she said conversationally. Kotaro blinked.
 
“What?!” he blurted out, only to realize he had allowed himself to be distracted. Asuna's fan nearly connected with his head before he ducked away. “Ugh!” he grunted, feeling a kanka-powered fist catch his midsection. If not for my chi, she could have really laid me out with that! he marveled, letting the power of the hit throw him back even as he lashed out with a kick toward her side.
 
Asuna shifted when she felt his leg rise. She had seen enough of his style to know that he would counter-attack, so she was ready. It surprised her somewhat that her gamble had paid off as well as it had. Twisting to the side, she leaned away from the kick, which just barely missed her short ribs. A tug made her blink. What was that? she wondered, lightly jumping back and bringing her fan up to shield herself in case Kotaro was rushing her.
 
Kotaro was not rushing her. He was crouched not far from her, a hand on his stomach as he balanced from the kick. A bit of black and grey material caught her eye. His toe claws had caught on her torn sports bra, and torn it completely off her, leaving her topless. Kotaro used his free hand to work the tangled, mangled bit of cloth free of his claws. Asuna wiped her forehead on her forearm as Kotaro tossed the torn cloth aside. “Wanna stop now?” he asked her. Asuna snorted.
 
“No,” she said. Maybe if this had been a year ago, I'd be covering my tits and screaming at him for being a pervert, but… the thought trailed off. She had been stripped by chance on so many occasions that it failed to make much of an impression on her. Besides, it's not like Kotaro is a real boy, she thought fleetingly. Eva's words rang in her ears. I have to stop being so half-hearted.
 
-
 
In the grassy mountain meadow, with cool breezes sweeping down from the snow-capped peaks high above, a savage battle was being fought. Sitting on a boulder, Haruka was giggling madly as she furiously sketched in her artifact, the sketches bursting forth as fast as she could complete them to do battle with two unparalleled opponents. None of the three could tell how long a time had passed, and none cared.
 
“Ready to give up, you two?” shouted the mangaka, cackling as a new fighter took the place of the one that had just been destroyed by a powerful blow from the yellow-clad Fei Ku. Kaede was in the process of finalizing the destruction of the mecha suited cyborg she had sent after the wily ninja.
 
“Why would we do that?” wondered Fei Ku. Her short silk Chinese dress was somewhat tattered, though the fighter herself was nearly untouched. “Is good workout,” she added happily, delivering a crushing kick to the knee of the newest opponent.
 
“Yes, it's entertaining,” agreed Kaede, using her huge Chinese star to dismember her own opponent. “You have already greatly expanded your duration and speed,” she noted. The tall ninja girl was completely untouched, though she had been freely using her clone technique and a few other skills she rarely displayed. Paru had noticed that she had been using upward of twenty clones at one point, which showed improvement for her as well.
 
“Then please enjoy this,” purred Haruna, flipping a page to a sketch she had done earlier, touching the magical feather pencil to the sketch to launch it. Fei Ku and Kaede blinked, seeing the opponent appear before them.
 
“A tentacle monster?” wondered Kaede. Haruna chortled.
 
“Oh, it is far more than a tentacle monster!” she boasted. A throwing knife sliced through the thing, but caused no damage. “It is the perfect opponent for you two! Now, go my creature, and ravish them!” she declared grandly. Both Fei Ku and Kaede leapt away as dozens of penile-shaped tentacles shot out toward them. Landing several yards back, the two glanced at each other, sharing a single thought:
 
We really need to talk to her about her sick little hobbies!
 
-
 
Winds swayed the waist-deep, nearly-endless grasslands of the plains, not far from a wide, dark river that wandered along, hardwoods growing along the banks. Distant bird calls sounded, but there was no sign of the birds themselves. A figure in a short, frilly maid's dress stood motionless, watching a pair of figures fight many yards away. Chachamaru was studying the movements of the two, recording their fight for later review by her mistress. In her new body, she felt her magical heart skip beats as Negi and Setsuna traded advantage time and again.
 
White wings beat powerfully as the diminutive form of Setsuna arced overhead of Negi, swooping down to attack, or backing away from magical attacks by the young male. Her long nodachi glittered and flashed in the sunlight as she wielded it one- and two-handed as the mood struck her. For more than two hours, the two had been sparring. Seeing the time, Chachamaru judged it time for a break. “Negi, Setsuna, break time,” she called out, her voice carrying easily to the two.
 
After hovering for a moment, Setsuna landed gracefully next to Negi, her white wings vanishing into her back, leaving her pale, perfect skin bare. Negi straightened up from his crouch, panting a little. Approaching the two, Chachamaru offered them a bottle of water from the small pack she carried. Nodding, Negi accepted it, pausing for a moment before gallantly offering it to Setsuna first.
 
“Thank you, Negi,” said the girl, accepting the offered bottle and taking a few deep gulps before handing it back to Negi, who also had a few mouthfuls from it. Sitting down on the grass, Setsuna looked around the endless plain. “This is really a beautiful place,” she said at large.
 
“Yes, it is,” agreed Chachamaru. Negi nodded.
 
“I agree,” he said, glancing over at Setsuna. Feeling him looking at her, she fought to keep from blushing.
 
“Something wrong, Negi?” asked the girl.
 
“No,” he replied, “I was just wondering why you retract your wings just as quickly as you can,” he explained. Setsuna glanced away from him.
 
“I…try not to make more of a spectacle of myself than necessary, Negi,” said the girl. “Besides, I…dislike revealing my shame,” she added softly.
 
“Shame?” wondered Negi. “Setsuna, you are one of the coolest girls in class!” he exclaimed. “Your wings are beautiful, too! You have nothing to be ashamed of!” insisted the young magician.
 
“I am half bird-tribe demon, Negi,” she reminded him.
 
“So?” he shot back immediately. “What does that matter?” he wondered.
 
“Who would want to be around a monster like me?” wondered Setsuna.
 
“Everyone! We all love you!” Negi insisted. Setsuna blushed at that.
 
“L…love?” she wondered. Negi nodded emphatically.
 
“Exactly!” he declared. Chachamaru nodded silently, offering the girl a sandwich from the pack. Bowing in thanks, Setsuna unwrapped the food and began to eat as Chachamaru handed Negi another sandwich. Negi looked up from his food as he saw a shadow growing. Looking over at Setsuna, he saw that her wings were once more exposed, though they were at rest. Smiling at her, he continued to eat.
 
She looks like an angel, he thought absently. A beautiful angel.
 
A half hour later, the three were laying back on the grass, which was surprisingly comfortable, looking at the passing clouds as the food digested. Negi had ended up beside Setsuna, both of the two resting their heads on Chachamaru's thigh. Since she was resting on her back, Setsuna had retracted her wings once more.
 
Drowsy from the food and exercise they had had, Setsuna and Negi drifted toward sleep. Chachamaru watched the two as they dozed, Setsuna's hand gradually moving over to clasp Negi's hand. I think that mistress's plan will work better than expected, thought the girl, a small smile on her lips. Softly, she brushed some hair back from Negi's forehead and Setsuna's cheek.
 
-
 
“What happened to you two?” wondered Konoka, seeing Kazumi and Chisame almost stagger into the main hall of the central hub, where some of Eva's servants had set out a meal for the group. Sitting in a large, over-stuffed velvet-upholstered chair at the head of the table, Eva smirked behind a cup of wine.
 
“Don't know,” muttered Chisame, “must have worked too hard with my artifact,” she surmised. I recall working on that project for Eva, then…Eva was shaking my shoulder, telling me it was time to eat, thought the girl, puzzled by the missing time, but not overly concerned. She was thirsty and hungry, and there was food and drink on the table.
 
“Yeah, that must be it,” agreed Kazumi, absently rubbing her neck. “Still learning how to use my artifact fully,” she muttered. She recalled looking at Eva through her artifact, then things got fuzzy, and next thing she knew, she was waking up to Eva telling her it was time to get Chisame and have supper. “I'm starving,” she dismissed the topic as she took a seat next to Chisame, who was already draining her second glass of fruit punch.
 
Konoka heard another group arrive, and looked up to see a nearly-naked Asuna and Kotaro arrive. Other than her panties - which showed some tears - Asuna was clothed only in the tatters of her shorts, her boots and her hair bells. Kotaro was bare-chested, his shorts ripped, but more intact than not. Konoka clucked her tongue at the bruises, shallow cuts and abrasions on Asuna's skin. “Asuna! That's not good,” said the girl, raising her wand as she murmured the key spell to her healing powers. Immediately, the injuries vanished from the girl, as did the few that Kotaro had. “You should be more careful,” insisted the girl, absently touching Asuna's body as if to make sure that her healing had completely removed the damage.
 
“These? These were nothing, Kono-chan,” waved Asuna dismissively. “I'm gonna grab a shirt,” she added, moving toward the doorway that led to the room they had their stuff in. Kotaro dusted himself off and moved toward a small fountain.
 
“I'm just going to wash my hands then eat,” he said smugly.
 
Watching this, Eva once more smirked. Even as the dark-haired boy washed his arms and hands free of the dust and sand of the desert, Konoka heard another group approaching. Hearing the voices, she realized that it was the group of girls. “All I'm saying is that your hobbies are questionable, that's all,” said Kaede's voice, preceding the girl by a few moments.
 
“They are not questionable,” retorted Haruka. “That was a classic and venerable monster for you two to fight!”
 
“It was?” wondered Fei Ku. When the trio entered the hall, the others blinked. Kaede's hair was loose, her usual long lock of hair unbound, her gi was tattered and her hakama were crooked and seemed to have been splattered with some sort of liquid, which had subsequently dried.
 
Fei Ku's yellow silk dress was precious little more than a short skirt and a bandoleer of silk now, her thigh-high silk tights gone, her shoes missing, and one of her hair bands missing. Tufts of hair were sticking out at odd angles, like she had gotten hair gel in it at some point, but never gotten around to styling it. Between the two, Haruna was looking remarkably untouched. “Of course it was,” Haruka was saying animatedly. “Tentacle monsters are the very core of `H' manga!”
 
“Tentacle monsters?” came the disbelieving voice of Chisame, “you drew a tentacle monster and sicced it on them?”
 
“Sure! Why not?” asked Haruka innocently. Chisame groaned, her hand pressing to her face. Haruka frowned. “Hey! Don't you go acting like it's weird, little miss cosplay!” she bristled. Chisame glared at the glasses-wearing Yaoi fan girl.
 
“You leave my hobby out of this,” muttered the girl. “You never see me drawing monsters to rape my friends,” she added sourly.
 
“No, you just turn yourself into a masturbatory icon for shut-in geeky otaku,” sniped Haruka in return. Chisame curled her lips, but said nothing in reply.
 
“We finished the book,” called out Nodoka's voice from behind the three. “Tomorrow morning we will try to…what happened to you two?” wondered the shy library girl, seeing Kaede and Fei Ku.
 
“Looks like a tentacle monster's work,” noted Yue dispassionately. Haruka beamed at her.
 
“Exactly!” gloated the drawer of the perverse. “See? I told you: classic! Even Yuuchi recognizes the gold standard of monsters!”
 
The braids-wearing companion of Nodoka didn't change her expression as she replied. “Gold isn't the color I think of when I think of tentacle monsters,” deadpanned the girl. Haruka smirked.
 
“So, you do think of tentacle monsters,” purred the girl evilly. “I could help you live out your fantasies, Yue…” she began, only to have Kaede lightly smack her on the top of the head.
 
“No. No more tentacle monsters,” said the ninja firmly.
 
“One was one too many,” agreed Fei Ku, absently toying with her shredded dress. “This was expensive, too,” she muttered.
 
“How did you stop it?” wondered Yue. Haruka was not known for her restraint, and from the look of things, it had been a real fight for the pair.
 
“Well, it was impervious to normal attacks,” said Kaede, a faint smile on her lips. “But it stopped when we threatened to break Paru's arms and cut off her fingers.”
 
Nodoka blinked. “You…were serious?” she breathed, shocked.
 
“Monster was tearing off panties, so yes,” Fei Ku agreed. A low, evilly-delighted laugh came from the head of the table. Eva was clearly pleased with this revelation.
 
“Your instincts are good, Haruna,” praised the dark vampire mage. “As are your instincts, Fei Ku and Kaede. If boyo had the same instincts you three do, he would be making much faster progress,” she observed, a glint in her eyes.
 
“Where is Negi?” asked Nodoka, wanting to change the topic.
 
“Still not back yet,” said Konoka, seeing Asuna return, wearing a fresh tee shirt and a skirt.
 
“Not yet?” wondered the primary partner of the young mage. “Maybe I should…” she began.
 
“He has Chachamaru and Setsuna with him, idiot,” cut in Eva. Asuna sighed.
 
“I guess,” she allowed, moving toward the food. And I am hungry, she thought. A moment later, the group saw the faint light of the transportation circle working, and heard the sounds of a group approaching from the large patio area that faced the circle.
 
“And here they are,” said Eva, watching intently as the last of the White Wings returned. Setsuna and Negi were talking animatedly about their sparring and the grassy plain, while behind them, Chachamaru silently listened. Seeing her master, the gynoid bowed her head. Eva smirked, being careful to keep her lips closed enough to hide her lengthened canines.
 
“It's about time,” she said grumpily. “Hurry up and eat before it gets cold,” ordered the small blonde blood-sucker. Setsuna and Negi both hurried to wash their hands and scramble to seats, Setsuna beside Konoka, and Negi between Asuna and Konoka. For the next half hour, the group fed like ravenous wolves.
 
-
 
“Mistress?” came Chachamaru's voice. Seeing Eva standing on the balcony, arcane energy crackling around her form, the gynoid stopped, silently waiting. After a few moments, the energy died down. “Mistress?” she repeated herself.
 
“Yes, Chachamaru?” came the distracted reply from the undying mage.
 
“Is it working?” asked the green-haired android.
 
“I think so,” said Eva, moving over to her huge bed. “Where are the children?” she asked her servant.
 
“They have gone to the lake for a swim before bed,” reported Chachamaru.
 
“Good,” said Eva, lying back on her bed.
 
“Are you all right, mistress?” asked Chachamaru. Eva scowled.
 
“This kind of spell-work isn't my strong suite, you know?” she muttered. Not hearing a reply from her loyal servant, the long-haired blood-sucker looked over to see Chachamaru still standing near the door. “What's up with you, Chachamaru?” wondered Eva.
 
“If you don't need anything more this evening…” began the girl, causing Eva to blink.
 
“You…want to go swimming with the kids?” gaped Eva. Slowly, Chachamaru nodded. After a moment of stunned silence, Eva's lips curled into a smirk. “You do, do you?” purred the blonde. “Well then, let's do that,” decided the small blonde. “Come,” she directed, moving to the balcony. Her partner hurried after her.
 
Scooping Eva up, Chachamaru jumped off the balcony, her jets firing as she guided them both toward the shore of the lake far below. Eva watched the lake grow larger. She could have flown down herself with her arts, but preferred to conserve her energy. It didn't escape her notice that Chachamaru was taking a very direct route. “Eager to swim with Negi?” teased the blonde vampire.
 
“I…it's not like that,” stuttered Chachamaru, “it's just that with my new body, I can actually swim now, so…!” said the gynoid earnestly. Eva giggled evilly.
 
“Then why don't you have a bathing suit with you?” she asked. Chachamaru blinked. Looking at the group in the water near the shore, Eva smiled in anticipation. “Not to worry; looks like swimsuits are optional,” noted the master of the resort. A moment later, Chachamaru flared in for a perfect landing, not even jostling her small mistress.
 
“There you two are!” called out Haruna, waving from the clear water of the lake. The girl was in up to her waist, having been splashing Yue and Nodoka. Not too far away, Konoka and Setsuna were in up to their chests, Kazumi floating nearby. Farther out, Asuna, Negi, Kotaro, Fei Ku and Kaede were horsing around, small explosions of chi causing not insignificant waves. On the soft grass just a few feet from the pebble beach, Chisame was sprawled out, forearm over her eyes.
 
Eva glanced at the hacker, seeing that she was naked and soaked with water. “Problems, Chisame?” mocked the small blonde. Chisame moved her forearm just far enough to glare at Eva. Before she could speak, a heavy spray of water sheeted over Eva and Chachamaru. Wiping water from her face, Eva turned to the group in the lake, scowling.
 
“My bad!” came Asuna's voice. Gripping her dress, Eva tugged the soaked garment off, leaving her naked.
 
“Oh, it most certainly is, Asuna,” snarled the blonde vampire, marching toward the girl. Asuna gulped and began to swim away from the advancing blonde. Eva was walking on the surface of the water, her eyes black with red, slit irises. “Running away?” Eva taunted Asuna. Grimacing, Asuna sucked in a breath before diving underwater. Moments later, she exploded out of the water behind Eva, grabbing the smaller girl and jerking her under the surface.
 
“It's a good thing that Asuna swims like a fish,” noted Konoka, seeing the signs of heavy fighting under the surface of the lake. Beside her Setsuna nodded. Something very similar had befallen Chisame not ten minutes ago; though, unlike the hacker, Eva was a combatant. Moments later, a column of crystal speared upward from the water, Asuna frozen inside it. Rising to stand once more on the surface of the water, Eva tossed her soaked hair back from her face.
 
“That should teach you,” muttered Eva, rubbing her head. How is it that my barrier is totally ineffective against Asuna? wondered Eva for far from the first time.
 
“Uh, master?” came Negi's voice. Eva turned to see Negi treating water next to Kaede.
 
“She will be fine,” snapped Eva, walking toward shore. As she passed the `library trio', she saw Chachamaru moving the opposite direction. Her partner had shed her maid outfit and was naked as her master and the other girls. She's headed right for Negi, noted Eva, a faint smile on her face. Looking forward, she saw Kazumi lying down next to Chisame. “Tired, Asakura?” asked Eva, a smirk on her lips. I drained enough from them that they should have fallen asleep after supper, recalled the girl fondly. While not as tasty as Negi, they are both delicious!
 
“Yeah,” shrugged the girl with the forth largest breasts in the class. “For some reason, I'm really tired,” she admitted. Eva stepped onto the grass. “But Haruna was right; this is great!” she added happily, looking up at the stars overhead. Even though they are fake, it feels so real, marveled the journalist. Her eyes fell to the bobbing head of Negi. Since I found out his secret, my life has been a lot more interesting, she thought fondly.
 
Her thoughts were interrupted by Eva's voice. “When did you all dispense with bathing suits?” asked the blonde, sitting next to the pineapple-haired girl. Kazumi frowned, trying to recall.
 
“Don't know, really,” she said when she couldn't place the moment. “Just sort of happened over the last few weeks,” she dismissed the unimportant question. Eva smiled.
 
“I see,” she murmured. Looking past her pupil, she snapped her fingers, the crystal encasing Asuna shattering, dropping the girl into the water. This is looking promising, she thought.
 
Meanwhile, Negi has swum over to Asuna to check on her. “Asuna! Are you ok?” he asked her, bobbing in the water next to her.
 
“Yeah, I'm fine,” said Asuna, sounding peeved. Man, Eva-chan's as brutal as ever, she thought, combing her fingers through her soaked hair to free any remaining crystals from her tresses. Looking at Negi, she frowned. “You look tired, Negi,” she said, concerned.
 
“Well, a little maybe,” he allowed, absently rubbing his eyes. “Set-chan really gave me a good workout,” he explained. Asuna nodded.
 
“Yeah, she's a hard-core fighter,” agreed Asuna, seeing Negi begin to yawn, only to have lake water make him cough. Before she could even think about it, Asuna had slipped behind him and taken him in a tow hold, stroking for shore. “We should get to bed before you drown yourself,” she said, making quick work of the distance to shore.
 
Seeing Negi and Asuna walk out of the lake, the others quickly followed suit. By the time that they had climbed the steps back up to the impossibly-high main deck of the central hub of Eva's resort, Negi was nearly asleep; not that the rest were overly energetic. Eva and Chachamaru departed for the master's rooms, while the rest made their way to the sleeping area.
 
Over the time that they had been using the resort, the group had taken to sleeping under the fake stars on the side terrace. It didn't rain unless Eva wanted it to, and the temperature was nice enough that a stack of futons and some blankets were plenty. Kotaro and Kaede had the group of beds set up by the time that the group had finished up in the bathroom.
 
Asuna pulled on her loose shirt, yawning herself as Negi settled on her futon. Glancing to the side, she saw Konoka button the silk top she wore to bed at the resort. Setsuna set aside her battle clothes and pulled out a short cotton shift, slipping into it before Konoka grabbed her arm and pulled her into the futon that was closest to Asuna's. Haruna carelessly dropped her clothes by her futon, leaving only her panties in place before sprawling out on her futon. Nodoka and Yue favored flannel tunics to sleep in, sharing a futon as well. Kaede wore her usual sleeping robe, while Ku Fei favored silk panties and a thin robe. Chisame wore a spaghetti top and panties to bed, while Kazumi preferred to sleep naked. Kotaro and Negi slept in their boxers.
 
Lot has changed, reflected Asuna, hugging Negi to her. Time was, we would sleep in pajamas and insist that we have a room for just us girls, but now, I doubt that any of us would give up being with the group, she thought, smiling a little. Seeing Kotaro settle down next to Kaede, Asuna settled herself comfortably, drifting off to sleep, her hand once more ending up in Negi's boxers, loosely holding his member.