Mahou Sensei Negima! Fan Fiction ❯ Miscalculation ❯ Chapter 20

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

“You ok, Ayaka?” asked Asuna, helping to steady the taller blonde. The group had stayed in the baths a little longer than usual, and were only now getting to bed. Asuna was more or less carrying Ayaka, who was half-asleep, one of the girl's arms over her shoulders.
 
“Yeah,” Ayaka managed, blinking. The bath attendants had been hard on the blonde, since they looked uncannily like Negi - in the nude. While the other girls had been more or less blasé about it due to repeated viewings of the real item, the class rep had no such resistance. Konoka had used her healing on her, fearing that if she didn't, Ayaka would bleed out through her nose. “Just tired,” yawned the blonde.
 
“Well, we're going to bed,” Asuna replied. Looking at the communal sleeping room, Ayaka blinked, seeing the futons laid out close together. The girls were already breaking up into their normal pairs and singles. Most of them didn't bother with any clothes, and those that did wore the bare minimum. Yue tied on a pair of panties, and Chisame pulled on a silk shirt, but didn't button it. The rest just settled into bed.
 
“Guess you might as well sleep with me,” Asuna said, guiding Ayaka to her futon. Since it doesn't look like Negi is going to be back any time soon, she thought. And the other girls aren't volunteering. Settling in, Asuna yawned as she cuddled up to Ayaka.
 
“Where does Negi sleep?” Ayaka asked sleepily, finding that her rival/friend was comfortable to hold close.
 
“He sleeps wherever he ends up, though it is usually with me,” Asuna said. “Don't get excited if he ends up in here with us,” she said. Ayaka's half-asleep mind processed that. Abruptly, her eyes shot wide open.
 
“You mean you sleep with Negi?!” she blurted out. Asuna nodded.
 
“Well, yeah,” the girl said.
 
“We all do,” chimed in Konoka from the next futon over. She and Setsuna were settled in together, Setsuna's arm over Konoka's belly, Konoka's arm lying along Setsuna's arm.
 
Ayaka's cheeks colored. “With Negi…” she breathed. Asuna frowned slightly, recalling how obsessed the blonde was with Negi. She could also feel Ayaka's nipples harden, pressed against her own breasts.
 
“Calm down,” Asuna said dryly, “you don't get to do that until you prove yourself,” she said. Ayaka pouted.
 
While this was going on, Natsumi was angling for a bed. Seeing Kotaro moving toward the futon where Kaede was settling down, the somewhat shy girl acted. “Kotaro,” she said, catching his hand, “um, where should I sleep?” she asked him. Kotaro blinked.
 
“Well, wherever,” he answered. “There really aren't any set places,” shrugged the wolf boy.
 
“Then, can we share?” she asked quietly. Kotaro opened his mouth to say something, but Kaede cut in.
 
“Sure, Natsumi-chan,” she said. “Ku, you want to sleep with me tonight?” she asked her fellow Baka Ranger. Ku shrugged.
 
“Sure,” she agreed, flipping up and over, landing next to Kaede. Kotaro took the futon that Ku had been on, nodding to the Chinese girl. Hiding a yawn, Kotaro settled in, holding open the cover for Natsumi. Taking a deep breath and swallowing determinedly, Natsumi slipped into the futon with Kotaro, her heart racing a thousand miles an hour.
 
Hearing the small, quiet chatter from the futons near the one she was lying in, Natsumi tried to control her urge to tremble and calm her heartbeat. She was aware that she was in a futon with Kotaro, wearing nothing but her panties, and he was next to her, wearing boxers. It was hard not to hyperventilate. “K…Kotaro?” she whispered.
 
A half-asleep sound was all she got. Licking her dry lips, she gathered her nerves. “A…are you comfortable?” she whispered as quietly as she could.
 
“Wha…?” mumbled Kotaro. Natsumi almost fainted as the young man shifted, his arms closing around her and pulling her close to him. “Better?” he asked, shifting a little to get comfortable. While doing this, Natsumi found herself lying half-on his lean, strong chest, her hips against his, one of his arms under her to loop behind her, his hand on the crest of her hips.
 
Natsumi mutely nodded, feeling her body temperature climb. I'm sleeping with Kotaro! her mind babbled. Carefully, she put a hand on his chest. He's holding me, thought the girl happily. Against her hip, she felt something stir. Frowning, she wondered what it might be. What would…? she wondered, before the answer hit her right between the eyes.
 
Breath catching in her throat, Natsumi froze. Forcing herself to calm down as best as she could, Natsumi tried to decide what she should do. Images of what she had seen Chizuru doing with Kotaro kept playing in her mind. Is he asleep? What would he do if I touched him down there? worried the girl. Would he be upset? I know I'm not as sexy as the other girls here, but… she tried to ignore the entire thing, but her mind wouldn't let it go.
 
Slowly, Natsumi's hand crept down toward the bulge pressing against her hip. Kotaro didn't seem to notice, so Natsumi kept going, finding herself beginning to itch in anticipation. Her hand brushed his boxers, causing her to twitch. Between her legs, the itch was growing. Almost hyperventilating, Natsumi's hand touched his hard length through the thin material of his shorts. Swallowing, the girl gingerly explored her first guy.
 
That feels so big, the girl thought, dazed. To her, it felt like Kotaro was the size and thickness of a phone pole, though she knew that there was no way that he could be that long or thick. He's hot, yet soft, discovered the girl. It was a full five seconds before she realized that her hand was touching bare skin, not warm cotton. In the faintly-lit room, her eyes opened wider.
 
-
 
Negi was surprised when he found Eva kissing him. Before, her actions had always flustered him, but with his recent experiences with the girls in the Wings, he was a lot more steady. So, when Eva kissed him, it surprised him, but he returned it. Signs of affection from Eva were rare and he wasn't about to waste them. Uncertain if he was expected to up the ante or not, he waited for her to indicate what she wanted.
 
“You know,” said Eva between kisses to his lips, neck and chest, “I never did get that date with you that I won in the festival,” she noted. Negi blinked.
 
“You're right,” he said, frowning. I had forgotten all about that, he realized. “You tore up the demonic contract so I was free to go after Chao. Why did you do that?” he asked her.
 
“Because it entertained me to test your growth,” replied Eva arrogantly. Her small, soft hands slipped down his stomach to caress his hardening dick.
 
“Oh,” he replied, unsure if he should be happy or nervous about that answer. “Do you, um, want to go on a date with me?” he offered her. Eva straddled his waist, staring at him in the light of the fake stars in the dark sky of the dome. Her eyes were slitted, crimson-irised and black-scleraed. Her ivory fangs flashed as she smiled a superior smile, her hands on his shoulders. The light of the `stars' also lit her pale, pale skin and rose nipples as the breeze ruffled her long, shiny blonde hair.
 
“A date?” she asked, licking her lips. “I don't know if a date would satisfy me any more,” she said, rubbing her small ass against his hard member. Negi gulped.
 
“Then, what?” he asked her. Eva smiled, raising a hand, murmuring a spell. Fey energy gathered, then shot outward, into the stone on which the pillow bed rested. Negi turned his head to see the crimson and purple energy contort into a pattern before winking out of existence. Negi had thought that the pattern seemed familiar. “Uh, mistress?” he started to ask.
 
“Be silent,” Eva said, pressing a sharp-clawed fingertip to his lips. Leaning closer to him, she stared into his eyes. “I think it is time we have a more…intimate bond, my apprentice,” she whispered. “You have your Pactios with the other girls, but I want more,” she went on.
 
Reaching back, she stroked his hard length, making sure that he remained hard. Satisfied that he was, she smiled at him. Shifting back, she positioned herself over his shaft, slipping a finger along her own sex, finding that she was well-lubricated by her own desire. “Negi Springfield,” she said, staring at him, “do you freely accept this pact?” she asked him, one nailed hand resting on his chest, the other spreading her tight sex, his tip touching her dripping entrance.
 
“W…what pact?” Negi managed, fighting to keep his hormones from overpowering his reason. Eva shook her head.
 
“I won't tell you,” she said flatly. “Based solely on rather or not you trust me as your mistress, you have to decide if you accept the pact or not,” she said, smirking at him. Negi was breathing fast, his body trembling as his hormones demanded one thing, his mind screamed for another, and his heart argued with both his hormones and mind.
 
“I…” he swallowed roughly, “I need to know if this will threaten the girls,” he forced himself to ask. Eva stroked his shaft, lowering her hips fractionally so his tip kept her labia spread as she stroked his tool.
 
“I could ask `which girls',” Eva said dryly, “but I think I know which ones you are talking about,” she said. “In answer to your question, I will only say this: if I wanted to hurt them, wouldn't I have done so already?” she asked him. Negi considered that.
 
The pattern she etched seemed somehow familiar, but I can't place the characters or ordering, he thought, feeling the slick, hot juice of Eva begin to seep down his throbbing dick. Where's Chamo when I need him?! he thought, frustrated. Doesn't matter, I guess, he told himself, I'd still have to make the choice.
 
“Well, apprentice?” pressed Eva. Hurry up and decide! I can't wait much longer, she thought irritably. Ever since that night on the rooftop in Tokyo, she had been certain about at least one thing she wanted to do now that she was back at full power and free of the curse.
 
“I…” Negi broke off, moaning. Eva hid her own trembling as she watched him.
 
“Well? Yes or no, Negi?” the vampiress pushed urgently.
 
“Yes,” hissed Negi. Eva tried to stop the sob of relief, and almost succeeded. Muttering her activation phrase, she cast the last part of the spell before dropping herself onto her apprentice's hard length. Beneath him, Negi gasped. Eva hooked her heels under his knees so she could force him deeper into her.
 
“Ugh!” Negi grunted, his hands grabbing her slim hips and pulling down. Eva hissed in pleasure, feeling him stretch her. Focusing past the all but forgotten feeling of having a man in her, she jerked her hips hard, forcing him all the way into her. It hurt, but pain didn't mean much to her, and she would heal in seconds anyway, so what did she care? When he had pierced her all the way to the entrance to her womb, she sighed, leaning forward, over his chest.
 
“The pact is now made, son of the Thousand Master,” she whispered in his ear before sinking her teeth into his shoulder, right at the base of the neck, and drinking deeply. Negi's body bucked under her, his hands never leaving her hips. Eva felt her first orgasm crash through her body. Pulling her fangs free of his shoulder, she threw back her head, shrieking in pleasure.
 
-
 
“Wha…?” mumbled Asuna, sitting up suddenly. She had been sleeping peacefully, but was suddenly awake. It was almost as if someone had awakened her. Blinking, she saw that Konoka, Setsuna, Chisame and Kazumi had stirred as well, sitting up and looking around. Catching each other's eyes, the girls wondered why they had suddenly awakened.
 
Feeling an arm sloppily grasp her waist again, Asuna shrugged, laying back down as Ayaka snuggled back up against her, the other girls doing likewise. Nothing seemed out of place, and there was no threat that she could find, so she figured it was just some random thing. Looking at the other futons, she saw that the other Wing members were doing likewise, settling back down. Closing her eyes and hugging Ayaka's warm body closer to her, she drifted back to sleep.
 
Several futons down, Natsumi had frozen in terror when several girls in the club had suddenly sat up, looking around as if something had awakened them. Pretending to be asleep, she waited, terrified of being discovered, as the girls settled back down. Please don't wake up, she silently begged Kotaro, who didn't seem to be awakening, though his ears twitched, and she felt his tail brush her leg.
 
After the other girls seemed to have fallen back asleep, she continued her exploration. Her entire body felt like it was on fire, but she couldn't break her fascination with the aroused organ in her hand. Swallowing nervously, she caressed it, loving the feeling of it, while also being a little scared of it. It feels too thick and long to fit in someone like me, but I want to get it in me so badly! the girl thought feverishly. Her groin was wet and hot, long since having soaked her panties.
 
She could feel the hand stroking Kotaro's member getting coated with some slick, thick fluid of some sort, making stroking him easier. Is this his… she blushed a little more even as she thought it, semen? She had taken health class, of course, but this and health class seemed a world apart. Carefully shifting, she used her free hand to tug her panties aside, seeking some relief from the itchy need between her legs.
 
His p…penis goes in here, thought the girl, breathing quick as her fingertip discovered just how wet she was. Carefully pushing the tip of her finger into her passage, she felt even more slick juice leak out. But, I wonder if it can fit! It feels so thick… she mused, experimentally worming a second fingertip into her virgin passage. Maybe… she thought faintly, feeling how much the slick juice leaking from her core eased the entrance of the second finger into her untouched passage.
 
With a soft, husky moan, Kotaro's arm tightened, pulling Natsumi almost entirely onto his chest. In doing so, her hip slid over his hip, his straight member pressing against her hip. Natsumi bit back a gasp. What do I do now? she wondered, beginning to panic. Maybe if I shift a little, decided the girl, turning her hip and moving her leg over his legs, straddling his hips. Pulling her hand away from her slit, she found that the juice leaking from her stretched in thick, ropy strands before breaking.
 
She also found that her panties remained pushed aside, so when Kotaro's tool slipped from between their bodies, it snapped up, slapping against her slick sex in the process. Natsumi sucked in a sharp breath as she felt the hot, hard shaft smack against her aroused labia. Oh god, she thought, dazed. Kotaro, asleep or not, liked the feeling too. His nose had been inhaling her aroused pheromones for quite some time, and with the almost-teasing caress of her hand on his dick, had ignited his lusts.
 
Instinct was strong in Kotaro, and his subconscious mind followed the animal instincts automatically. Natsumi's breath caught in her throat as Kotaro's hands gripped her hips, lifting her a little, allowing his tip to meet her flower. Mewing softly, Natsumi gripped his shoulder with one hand, and bit the finger of her other hand. She could taste a strange, musky taste on her finger, and realized that it was the finger she had touched herself with, though at the moment, that didn't mean much to her.
 
Pulling her hips down, Kotaro pushed his member into her, causing her to bite down harder on her finger, her hand squeezing his shoulder. Too big! a part of her mind screamed. But, he's…with me…! another part argued. Kotaro pushed deeper, the girl's slim body twitching and trembling. A low, soft growl came from Kotaro's throat as he pushed harder, brushing aside her maidenhead and ramming deeper into her.
 
Natsumi was trying her best to stifle her panting and moans, her face pressed to his chest as the young wolf boy took her virginity on instinct alone. It hurt at first, but it is starting to feel better, Natsumi thought, a few tears escaping her tightly-closed eyes. In fact, she thought, feeling his tip rub her G-spot on its way to her womb, it feels better than good. “Kotaro,” she breathed between stifled gasps.
 
“Mm,” Kotaro mumbled, his eyes opening. As his conscious mind regained awareness, he realized that he was fucking Natsumi. “Wha…?” he gaped, even as the girl hissed, her pussy clamping down tightly on his member. “Nat-chan?” he breathed, shocked. Realizing who he was balls-deep in, he came, flooding her with his cum. I was dreaming about Chizuru-nee and some other girls, and then wake up to find that I'm fucking Natsumi, he thought to himself as he caught his breath. How did this happen?
 
-
 
“Rise and shine, blondie,” came a smug, superior voice. Blinking, Ayaka opened her eyes. Who dares to address me like that? wondered the heiress, still mostly asleep. The staff knows better than to speak like that to me. Feeling something nudge her - none too gently, either - she shook off the last of the sleep fog.
 
Ayaka found herself looking up at a smirking Eva, the vampiress wrapped in a thin, sheer dress that struggled to maintain its purchase on one shoulder while ending a third of the way down her thighs. Sitting up in the futon, she looked beside her, finding that the other White Wing girls were gone, the futons empty. Oh! the class rep recalled, I'm in some sort of weird world right now, with the English Culture Research Club. “Good morning, Eva-chan,” she said.
 
Eva bared her sharp fangs. “I am not `Eva-chan',” the short blonde said in a dark, dangerous tone, “here, I am Eva or Mistress,” she warned. “For the time being, you will call me `mistress'. Understood?” she said flatly. Ayaka blinked.
 
“I…” she began. Eva stared at her, her pupils slitting. “Yes, mistress,” Ayaka caved in.
 
“Better,” Eva said. “Get up,” she ordered, turning on her heel, “you are missing breakfast, and today will be a long one for you,” warned the small master of the Resort. Ayaka hurried after the vampiress, seeing Chachamaru waiting by the arched entrance to the dining hall. As she neared the door, she could hear her fellow members chatting animatedly. She also heard the distinct voice of her precious Negi.
 
“Negi!” she squealed, dashing forward. Running past Eva, she didn't notice the smirk on Eva's face. Chachamaru watched the class rep flash past her before turning her head to look at her mistress.
 
“Let's enjoy the show,” Eva suggested, instant moving to Chachamaru's side so she wouldn't miss a thing. Through the huge doorway, she watched the naked Ayaka run toward Negi. Her apprentice was sitting between Asuna and Setsuna this morning, which was all the better for her entertainment, since she could count on Asuna to intercede. And she did. Before the bare-ass blonde could throw her arms around Negi, Asuna stood up and grabbed her friend/rival.
 
“Hey!” Asuna said, giving Ayaka a shake, “you don't have time for that right now, Ayaka,” she said, forcibly seating the taller girl in an empty seat. “And shouldn't you get dressed?” she added. Ayaka blinked. Looking down at herself, Ayaka realized that she was naked.
 
“Aiee!” she shrieked, throwing an arm over her breasts. “Why didn't someone tell me sooner?!” she demanded of the group. With the exception of Natsumi, the members seemed amused at her oversight. Ayaka fleetingly wondered what was pre-occupying Natsumi. The young rust-haired girl was sitting next to Kotaro, and seemed both happy and nervous at the same time.
 
“Not like you have anything we haven't seen before,” Asuna dismissed. She was wearing a pair of spandex short shorts and a sports bra. Most of the fighting members of the Wings were dressed similarly. Setsuna was wearing a backless gi and a pair of spandex bike shorts, and was the most covered of the fighting girls.
 
The second-line girls were dressed in an assortment of skirts or shorts, with tee shirts or sports tops being the preferred mode of clothing. Ayaka noticed that even usually-shy and demure Nodoka was dressed in a short mini-skirt and a spaghetti-strap mid-riff tee shirt. And right beside Library-chan was her closest friend, Yue, dressed in a pair of snug cut-offs and a tube top. It struck Ayaka that Yue was not sipping on some weird flavor of juice box, but drinking normal orange juice, from a normal glass.
 
Turning to look at Negi, blushing like mad, she saw that he wasn't staring at her like she expected, but was talking with Setsuna; not even looking at her. Ayaka frowned, her arm dropping from where it had been folded over her breasts. Why isn't he staring at me? Or at least blushing? she wondered. Negi glanced over at her, and gave her a smile before turning back to his conversation with Setsuna. Ayaka's heart skipped a beat. “Eat while you can,” came the droll voice of Asuna, Ayaka only then realizing that a girl that looked a lot like Chachamaru - but dressed in a kinky sort of French maid uniform - had put a loaded plate in front of her and was now pouring her some juice.
 
Eva casually flopped down in her chair at the head of her table, accepting a glass of wine from Chachamaru. “So, Natsumi, Ayaka,” the small terror said, cutting over the din of several conversations, “now that you have had a night to sleep on it, are you both still sure you want to join us?” she asked.
 
“Yes,” said Natsumi, blushing.
 
“Of course,” replied Ayaka. Eva smiled.
 
“Good,” she said, draining her glass. “Then consider this the first day of your instruction in being a member of Ala Alba. I expect you will find the experience…” her smile grew sharp, “educational,” purred the girl. Both of the new members gulped.
 
“Natsumi,” Eva continued, “you will - for the moment - be spending your time here with Yue and Nodoka, as I don't see you having any fighting potential, and therefore will be better used elsewhere in the team. They will tell you what you will need to do, and what is expected of you as a teammate. Listen to them.”
 
“O…ok,” Natsumi said. Eva's cold green eyes turned to Ayaka.
 
“As for you, class rep,” she said, “you may prove to be a viable alternate Ministra for Negi with some work. So, we are going to see what sort of potential you might have. Asuna,” Eva said, glancing at the bells-wearing girl, “take her to the mountain. See how long she can hold out before she rings the bell,” instructed Eva.
 
“Are you sure, Eva?” asked Asuna, looking over at Ayaka. “She can't use Kanka or magic, and without that…” Asuna shook her head.
 
“Immaterial,” Eva replied crisply. “The point is to see if she had the determination to continue no matter how hard it gets. You made it a week. I am only making her stay until she can't take it any more and rings the bell,” the blood-sucker said dispassionately.
 
“Um, what…?” began Ayaka.
 
“Shh,” Eva cut in, grinning at the blonde, “don't spoil the surprise.”
 
“So I'm not sparring with Set-chan today, then?” Asuna said. Eva shrugged.
 
“Depends on how fast Ayaka throws in the towel,” was her reply. At those words, Ayaka's lips tightened. “Now, if everyone is ready, let's get going,” directed Eva. Ayaka blinked as the group seemed to vanish within moments, leaving her with Asuna.
 
“Hurry up and finish your food,” Asuna said, stretching her arms, “you'll need the energy,” she added.
 
Ayaka swiftly gulped down the food left on her plate and drained her juice. As the robotic maids cleared the table, Asuna led her through a door, pausing to grab some clothes from a pack. Handing Ayaka a pair of shorts and a tee shirt, she hurried her friend toward the engraved circle in front of the huge terrace. Reaching it, she stopped, taking Ayaka's hand in her own.
 
Once more, Ayaka saw a flash of light, and the next thing she knew, she was knee-deep in snow, a howling wind slamming her as she tried to catch her balance on the side of a steep mountain. “What is this?!” she exclaimed, seeing Asuna standing easily in the wind.
 
“This is the testing range dome,” said Asuna. “Eva put most of us through this test early on. Most of us had to spend a week here alone, surviving on our own, but then, we had other abilities,” she shared, pulling Ayaka after her as she waded through the snow and ice. “Let's get some shelter for you at least,” she muttered, moving around the edge of the face into the leeward side. Ayaka was shivering, though Asuna seemed unaffected by the cold and wind. Looking closer, she saw that Asuna was wrapped in that strange energy again.
 
“Ok, this looks good,” Asuna nodded to herself, looking at an ice face. Ayaka frowned.
 
“What looks good about it?” she asked, irate. “It's ice, you know!” pointed out the girl. Asuna nodded.
 
“I know, and that's what's good about it,” replied Asuna, putting a hand on the face. “Stand back a second,” she said, sucking in a breath. Pulling back her palm, she focused and then slammed her hand into the ice face, a roughly-circular section of ice shattering and falling away to form a shallow bowl. Without hesitation, Asuna moved deeper, creating a short, bent shelter in the ice in mere moments. “Ok, get in here,” she called to Ayaka.
 
Seeing Ayaka stumble through the opening, Asuna directed her to the part of the cave that was shielded from the wind by the bend. “Here,” she said, patting her lap. Ayaka almost eagerly sat on Asuna's lap, the other girl wrapping her arms around the taller girl. With a bit of focus and some experimentation, she was able to wrap her Kanka around Ayaka, lessening the hazards of frostbite or hypothermia. It was technically cheating, but she felt Ayaka was being pushed harder than she had been pushed, since she could use Kanaka.
 
“This is how it works,” Asuna said, rubbing Ayaka's sides to help warm her up, “when you can't take the cold any more, ring this bell,” she said, indicating a bell not far from her. “When I took this test, Eva demanded that if I couldn't make it a week, I would have to quit the team,” she said. “I made it, obviously, but it was the worst week in my life,” she said.
 
“H…how are you able to withstand the c…cold?” shivered Ayaka. She was feeling warmer now, but this was still a long way outside her comfort zone. Asuna pursed her lips for a moment.
 
“I can use a technique called `Kanka',” she said slowly, “it is a fusion of magic and Ki. I don't remember where I picked it up, but it's the same sort of technique that Takahata-sensei uses. Others use Ki or magic to protect themselves,” she said.
 
“So I j…just have to gut it out?” Ayaka asked. Asuna shrugged.
 
“Looks that way,” she said, hugging Ayaka closer. “I think that Eva would be upset if she saw me helping you this way, but fuck it - you don't have the sort of skills the rest of us do, so it's only fair to help you some,” she said softly. Ayaka didn't say anything more about that topic.
 
“Can you t…teach me to use this Kanka t…thing?” she asked, snuggling closer to Asuna's warm mass.
 
“I don't know,” Asuna said slowly. “I think you might be able to learn it, but I don't know that for sure. At the least, if you survive Eva's little tests, you should be able to learn to control your Ki a lot better - sort of like Kaede and Set-chan do,” she elaborated.
 
“And magic?” asked Ayaka.
 
“Don't know,” replied the other girl truthfully. “I can't use magic; in fact, I kind of cancel out magic used near me,” she admitted. “Kaede doesn't use magic, either. Nor do Kotaro or Setsuna. They have other ways of doing things, though, so it doesn't make much of a difference,” she thought out loud. “Eva and Negi are our heaviest magic-users, with Konoka-chan close behind. I heard that Konoka-chan could be one of the most powerful healers the world has ever seen,” she shared, smiling at the thought. “Her power is certainly high,” she mused.
 
“Konoka's p…power?” wondered Ayaka. Asuna nodded.
 
“During the Kyoto trip, she was kidnapped by a renegade from the Kansai Magic Association. Negi, Set-chan and I went after her, but the renegade used Konoka's power to summon an army of demons,” Asuna said. “Just a tiny bit of Konoka's power allowed her to summon enough demons to swamp us,” Asuna said ruefully. “We ended up being saved because Yue was smart enough to call in the cavalry in the form of Mana, Kaede and Ku.”
 
“What?” asked Ayaka, turning a little to stare into Asuna's heterochromia eyes. “Konoka was kidnapped on the trip?” she asked, shocked. Asuna realized that she had been talking too freely, but after considering the situation for a moment, she decided that it was ok in this case.
 
“Yes,” Asuna said. “Before, it wasn't like it is now,” she said slowly, “I found out that Negi is a mage, and ended up becoming his partner when we went up against Eva, so I…”
 
“Wait!” Ayaka said, grabbing Asuna's shoulder, “what do you mean, you are his partner? And why would you go up against Eva?” demanded Ayaka. Asuna sighed.
 
“It's a long story,” she said.
 
“I'm not going anywhere,” came the level reply from the girl on her lap. “Might as well pass the time talking,” she said, meeting Asuna's gaze.