MARS Fan Fiction ❯ Nothing is as it Seems ❯ Jagged Little Pill ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Mars.

They sat next to each other on the hood of the car for what felt like hours, saying absolutely nothing. They didn't have to speak, the gentle wind that blew and the birds that chirped in the trees around them seemed to be speaking for them.

Eventually the street lights turned on and the temperature began to drop.

"Come on, let's get you inside. It's probably time for me to go any ways," Rei said reluctantly.

She nodded in agreement and got to her feet. Kira silently wished that they could spend more time with each other. Then again, she doubted that he would want to. She had to remember that he was only doing this because he had to, and not because he really cared about her.

He led her through the rows of shiny SUVs and four door cars that probably belonged to the ward workers, to the back door that he kept open by sticking a bottle in the door jam. Re opened the door, and then bent down to pick up the bottle and throw it to the side. He then opened the door wider and stepped aside so that Kira could go in first.

She blushed slightly. She never had a guy hold a door open for her before. In her junior high school most people treated her as if she were a leper.

They walked side by side until they reached the outside of her bedroom.

Rei looked up the hallway nervously, and then back at Kira.

She looked up at him slowly, her eyes wondering up his long legs, to his lean torso and finally their eyes locked. Her eyes were like those of a deer, large, brown, and innocent, for Rei it was almost hypnotizing.

When he finally managed to tear his eyes from hers they traveled to the rest of her face as if he were trying to memorize each of her beautiful features. She seemed as fragile as a porcelain doll. Kira shuddered as she felt him taste her lips with his eyes.

He placed one hand on the wall behind her and leaned down towards her. Seconds seemed to become minutes, and minutes became hours as his lips gently grazed hers.

"Rei, hurry up! It's time to go," Akira called loudly from the front of the ward, interrupting their kiss.

Rei pulled away immediately, and Kira blushed madly. She looked everywhere but at him, afraid that he would see her face.

"I've got to go, I'll see you tomorrow," Rei said quickly before turning and leaving.

She nodded breathlessly and opened her door as she watched Rei walk down the hall.

Kira changed into an oversized t-shirt and flannel pajama pants before she laid down in her cot. She closed her eyes and pictured Rei's beautiful face, and smiled. He really did look like a sex god. Kira then relived the kiss they shared a moment ago. She remembered his peppermint breath against her cheeks, and how his long hair brushed her forehead. Her faint smile faded, and her face became contorted into horror. Rei's soft and warm lips turned into the hard and brutal lips of her step fathers. She felt his lips crash against hers until they were numb. When she was finally allowed air she felt the cold air against her chest, and she looked down to find herself naked. His hand cupped her small breasts as he pried her legs open with his knees.

She opened her mouth to cry for help, but nothing came out. Instead she began to beat against his chests as violently as she could. Then as soon as the thought popped into her head a box cutter appeared in her hand. She reared back and plunged it into his bare chest, pushing it as far into his heart as it would go. She then smiled with delight as his dark, warm and thick blood poured over her arms.

Her breath quickened as she awoke from her dream and sat up in her bed. Tears began to run don her cheeks. She thought that she stopped having dreams like that a long time ago. It was at times like these that Kira really began to question her sanity. She put a hand against her forehead, it felt cold and clammy. After getting a glass of water she allowed herself to go back to sleep.

She stepped into the small cafeteria and looked for a place to sit. Since she arrived late her usual spot in the far corner by the window was taken. To her displeasure the only place left was one at the center table. Kira didn't like the girls who sat at that table, they were rude and obnoxious. She doubted that they liked her either. Unfortunately she had no choice other than to go over and sit with them.

Kira walked over to the table shyly, hanging her head low so that her hair covered her face. She sat down quietly and hoped that nobody would pay any attention to her.

"Well well, who do we have here? Good morning Kira, isn't this a pleasant surprise?" said Humiko, the ringleader of the group.

"Huh? What was that? You really should speak up!" Humiko's sidekick added.

"Ha ha, good one Yukari!" Himiko said with a high pitched laugh.

Kira tried her best to ignore it, she'd grown accustomed to such abuse in junior high. Since her father began abusing her she stopped talking to all her friends, and stopped participating in class and all after school activities. People thought she did this because she felt that she was too good for other people. The girls in her class snubbed her, and spread awful rumors about her, and the boys teased her relentlessly.

"She's such a pill," said another girl.

"Such a waste though... for the administrators to pair her with a hottie like Rei! I mean if they were smart they'd put us together. Can you imagine the possibilities!?" Humiko said as she waggled her perfectly plucked eyebrows. Her harem of friends laughed cheaply along with her.

Kira felt her jaws tighten as she carefully arranged the eggs and potatoes on her plate. Violent thoughts began to play in her mind once more, although she tried desperately to push them to the back of her mind.

"She's been here for like ten minutes and hasn't touched her food yet... she's probably..." the girl across from her commented, but was silenced by Kira's cold glare.

"Well, since you're here there's something I want you to understand. I get what I want. What I want is Rei Kashino, so stay away from him," Humiko said as she flipped long black hair over her shoulder. Her clan of friends followed her as she walked out of the cafeteria.

Kira hung her head low, and pushed her tray away from her. She really thought that she'd be able to live in peace here at the ward. It pained her to know how wrong she was.

"This food is such crap," Rei complained as he looked at the grayish material on his plastic plate.

"Aww, what's the matter Rei-Rei? Missing the caviar you used to get up at you're uncle's mansion?" Akira joked as he finished up the last of his meal.

Rei rolled his eyes. Since the guys at the center found out that he was the nephew of a rich business man they wouldn't let up on him. It's been a while since anyone brought it up. "Shut up man, you're such an ass," Rei said as he got up to throw out his food.

"Hey, Hideaki. Be a good fag and throw this out for me please," Akira said as he pushed his tray in Hideaki's direction.

"No," Hideaki said simply as he continued to eat his food.

Akira gasped, this was the first time Hideaki ever stood up to him. A moment later he got over his awe. "Quit jerking off and throw out my shit before I get angry."

"I told you no," Hideaki said as he got up to leave the cafeteria.

Hideaki jumped up and grabbed Hideaki's wrist. "If you don't I'll..."

"You'll what Hideaki? I'm not the one who's ashamed," Hideaki said menacingly as he jerked his wrist away from Akira and walked away.

Akira's jaw dropped to his ankles as he watched Hideaki walk away from him. This was beyond unexpected for him. He then gathered his thoughts and went back to his seat, where he met the suspicious eyes of Rei.

"It's not what you think, I swear!" Akira said, placing a hand over his heart.

"I'm not saying anything," Rei said shrugging his shoulders and opening the can of soda he got from the snack room.