Mega Man Fan Fiction ❯ Maverick Hunter Josh ❯ Magma Dragoon ( Chapter 4 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Maverick Hunter Josh Ch. 4 Magma Dragoon
Josh looked at the holograms. “Alright, I'm going after Dragoon. He seems to be a good lead.”
“Good Luck Josh.” Josh stepped into the teleporter, and activated the machine. A green and blue static surrounded Josh. “See ya Double!” He managed to say before he was enveloped in a green and blue beam. Josh was teleported to the Volcano. (Volcano music from Mega Man X4 Plays) Josh headed down the path, and heard a rumbling noise. He turned, and saw three flaming boulders rolling down the hill behind him. “Oh crap.” He ran as fast as he could, jump kicking the maverick bats as he went down. Then he wall jumped up the cliff, and encountered a Repliforce soldier in a Ride Armor. Josh delivered a charged punch to the soldier, destroying him and the Ride Armor, and took the beam sword from the Armor. “This will be quite useful.” He continued on, wall jumping up cliffs, and destroying enemies. Soon, He found an empty Ride Armor, and a path filled with magma. “Wait, Ride Armors can walk in magma without being destroyed. I bet I can use this!” Josh jumped into the Ride Armor, and continued down the path, jumping over flares, cutting down enemies, and jumping gaps in the ground. Soon, he came to the end of the path, and the Ride Armor couldn't jump to the edge of the cliff. “Great. I guess I'm going to have to ditch the Ride Armor.” But then, Josh saw some rocks in front of him that looked like they could be destroyed. “I wonder if the Ride Armor would work on these.” Josh slashed at the rocks, destroying them. He continued down the path, until he reached a dead end. “This is where my sensors say Dragoon is…” Suddenly, Magma Dragoon jumped out, encased in some of the magma from the pit he jumped out of. He flung the magma off in his stance. “Dragoon! Why is the Repliforce doing this?!”
“We have to…Oh by the way, I'll let you in on a little secret. I LET SKY LAGOON FALL! MWAHAHAHA!”
“What?!?! That's it. You're going DOWN!”
“Power up, Josh!”
Magma Dragoon entered a battle stance. Josh dashed in his Ride Armor, attacking with a jumping slash. Dragoon dodged, and countered with a flaming Hadouken. Josh was hit, but only the Ride Armor was damaged. Josh repeated the jump slash technique, and hit Dragoon. Dragoon used a Dragon Punch, but Josh dashed away, and jumped back and slashed Dragoon again. Soon, Dragoon destroyed the Ride Armor that Josh was in, but Dragoon was low on power. “Heh heh heh. You know Dragoon? That's the cool thing about Ride Armors, they take ALL the damage!” Josh jumped towards Magma Dragoon, hitting him up into the air with a flip kick, then continued to flip kick Dragoon, effectively juggling him in the air. Josh finally finished the job by super roundhousing Dragoon into the wall. Dragoon stopped in mid air, and then started to blow up. When the smoke cleared, only half of Dragoon was left. “Why Dragoon?”
“I…..wanted……to….fight…you 230;.Josh. Then…..he…..came.”
“Who?”
“He….said…he….would….give….me ..ultimate….power…if…I destroyed..you.” Then, Magma Dragoon blew up again, and nothing was left, except for a red orb. Josh picked up the red orb, and then it flew up into the air. It crashed into Josh, absorbing itself into Josh's body. Josh started glowing red. Then, his body turned red and white. “Yes! I learned Fire Hadouken and Shryouken!” Josh opened up his communications unit. “Dragoon has been defeated. I'm coming back to base.”
“Roger,” came Double's reply.